Author Topic: What are some fan games with great OSTs?  (Read 5259 times)

What are some fan games with great OSTs?
« on: April 22, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »
I apologize if this is the incorrect place for the topic. I assumed that the art corner was more for things you created rather than discussing art.

But, yeah. What are some fangames that have amazing soundtracks? I've been looking to see if there's any titles I haven't seen yet.

Re: What are some fan games with great OSTs?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:24:40 PM »
Really, in my opinion most of the popular fan games have great sound tracks.

The last comer, mystical power plant, riverbed soul saver
white name's spoiled past, book of star mythology, youkai kori kassen
marine benefit, shining shooting star, bullet and music (that's literally the name of the game)
Mrs. Estacion

Len'en's sound tracks are questionable, people tend to either love them or hate them, but personally I enjoy most them.

Mythical Mirror has a stellar sound track, but it's a bit of a shitty game.

Nansei, Heavenly Gathering of Clouds, and Treasure Castle Labyrinth are all pretty good, though they're just sound tracks and not actual games.

Those are just the obvious ones off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:26:20 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 09:55:43 PM »
Fortune Star Panic has my favorite OST of any Touhou fan game, bar none.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 10:56:55 PM »
Concealed the Conclusion's OST is pretty decent imo.
G Free ~ Final Dream convinced me to play the game, and I had a good time.
Legend of Aokigahara complements the game's story really well.
Demystify Feast and Plastic Mind are pretty cool.
Also I hear people really like Blue Sea of 53 Minutes for some reason.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 11:22:49 PM »
Personally I think the entire Strawberry Bose series of Touhou RPG games is excellent in general in term of music, including the original compositions in the games. The Nightmare of Rebellion is IMO the best in the "trilogy" and it probably has my favorite OST out of any Touhou games, including official ones.

The Genius of Sappheiros
Devil of Decline
The Nightmare of Rebellion

Stranger's Requiem, Youyou Swordplay Dream, certain Gensou Shoujo Taisen titles and Touhou Puppet Dance Performance are other good titles for their music I'd say.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:24:43 PM by Jeremie »
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 05:19:30 AM »
I think Touhou Soujiki has great music, especially Patchouli's, Remilia's and Marisa's themes.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 06:23:34 AM »
Two more titles to be noted imo with pretty good OST:

Youyou Kengeki Musou and Koumajou no Densetsu II - Stranger's Requiem

Edit:   Jeremie had already noted these two, I even did a CTRL + F to check for the titles. See this post as confirming + adding YT links.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:25:56 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »

bullet and music (that's literally the name of the game)

Can I get a link to this one? Having some trouble finding anything since both terms are rather generic

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 08:17:35 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886253524

It's a "touhou fangame" in the same sense that len'en and mrs estacion are. But it has ties to SSS's story, from what I understand.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 10:19:07 PM »
Anything by Desunoya will have really good music. Most of it is cute, but the latter half of Nitroid's soundtrack is intense, particularly the Underground Geyser Center's theme.

The long-forgotten Sengoku Gensokyo is also a good choice if you like music that punches you in the face. Highlights include Fate of Sixty Years, Onigashima in the Fairy Land, and Necrofantasia.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 11:59:50 PM »
I like Touhou-A-Live's soundtrack because I like Mash-ups and MIDIs =[

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 12:37:50 AM »
I like Touhou-A-Live's soundtrack because I like Mash-ups and MIDIs =[
Shame story kinda turns into a dumpster fire near the end.

Also re:Koumajou Densetsu/Touhouvania the first game also has some fantastic music (and IMO it has an extra boss theme that's leagues better than the one in the sequel), though the gameplay unfortunately feels rather unbalanced compared to the second one (partner summons are pretty situational at best in their usefulness, flying is almost hilariously OP).

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 08:40:57 AM »
Shame story kinda turns into a dumpster fire near the end.
^

Nightmare of Rebellion's OST impressed me. Almost all of its BGM is very good. Maybe I should upload the expansion BGM. But Validon's the one who upload it.

I remembered Blizzard of Faith and Revenge's BGM also pretty good, but that game rip out assets from other media. So, I guess it's disqualified. Too bad it's effectively unplayable now.

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »
The Legend of Twilight has a soundtrack that I always remember as very relaxing.  Tracks like this one make me want to melt into my chair.

HistoryoftheMoon

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 01:26:30 AM »
The Legend of Twilight has a soundtrack that I always remember as very relaxing.  Tracks like this one make me want to melt into my chair.
The video claims it's a remix of Cemetary of Onbashira, which it clearly is, but am I the only one who thinks the repeating notes in the background also sound like the opening of The Primal Scene of Japan the Girl Saw?

GenericArrangements

• The Monthly Ghost of the Art Atelier
  • i do the music thing (!?)
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 07:32:59 AM »
I've only played these ones, but Shoot Shoot Nitori, (+ the Golden) and The Emotional Education of Satori Komeiji have really nice soundtracks. The first two are mostly fast-paced while the latter is much calmer. Considering they were all developed by Tasofro it shouldn't be surprising that the music's good.

The video claims it's a remix of Cemetary of Onbashira, which it clearly is, but am I the only one who thinks the repeating notes in the background also sound like the opening of The Primal Scene of Japan the Girl Saw?
The piano is playing the exact same melody, but in Dm. It's a nice accompaniment that works with the song.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:38:22 AM by WaluigiTime64 »
Please read my posts as if I'm not taking them too seriously.

i did a lunatic 1cc of MoF once and i'm happy enough with just that

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 08:28:40 PM »
LIONHEART fangames have pretty cool soundtrack imo. Especially Tenjou no Tempest, These boss themes are something  I can appreciate :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BAyc43NaVo&list=PLR8534EecddI2cIuhgJgKndjvCGtn6PGl

Scarlet Curiosity and Touhou Skydrift also have pretty nice arranges. They should be in there, somewhere on youtube