Author Topic: New Rpg Gensoblazer version 0.09 out 10/19/12  (Read 35635 times)

Re: New Rpg Gensoblazer version 0.09 out 6/24/12
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »
I tend to quit when a new patch comes out because I like checking every little thing; I know from my own game editing that sometimes quashing a bug means something new cropped up to take care of.  Of course, now I'm on a break because an MMO I play decided to have an event and though I can just run it in the background (it involves sitting around) the darn game takes up so much processing power that I'm reluctant to play for long periods of time.

Some new things I found so far, starting from the beginning again...

1.  You can buy wood from Rinnosuke and build your cabin before finding Marisa, and he'll still mention "the two of you".  It also seems to glitch me out of getting  Rinnosuke's shop to sell better stuff since I never see the conversation where he gives you the wood to start building.  Maybe prevent him from selling wood until he gives you some?

2.  Rumia/Wriggle vanish at the same time as the Yes/No prompt to recruit, Star/Medicine/Hina/Alice don't vanish but you can't do the event again so at least you can't accidentally get copies running around.

3.  The Fire Scroll in the forest is labled as Firecracker in the chest.

4.  Reimu/Youmu can't use the Red Ribbon despite using other ribbon type equips.  Maybe a check of character equipment tables to make sure they have everything is in order.

5.  The key Remilia dropped isn't direction locked and changes icon if you examine it from the wrong side.

6. It says you need 30 wood to upgrade the item shop, but it only uses 20.

7.  Entering Marisa's home (either when it's built or still a portal) from the side by the Garden of the Sun transports you to the side by the Forest Entrance.  Dunno if Alice's house entrance has the same glitch yet since I'm not back to the point where I rebuilt it.

8.  Hina doesn't do anything in town, even with a Cursed Box in inventory.

Grammar Issues
1.  A general go through of the enemy names and item/weapon/armor/skill lists might be good since there are several of each that are not capitalized.

2.  Some of the sentences in Star's recruitment convo are not capitalized at the start.

3.  In the post conversation, Reimu says she wishes she had to "rescure" Remilia

4.  The prompts to recruit Medicine and Hina both aren't capitalized (should you...  and (you could... are the beginnings of those sentences.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2012, 06:41:55 AM »
Thanks for the bug report. I was wondering the following about the following questions
1.Is there any dungeon that is too difficult, I am thinking about the doll castle and the uncovered ruins in particular.
2.Of the following characters who would you like to see as playable Komachi, Shou, Byakuren?
3.Has anybody cleared the scarlet castle or does the game get boring before then?
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »
I think most of the problem is that enemy HP scales too fast.  Most of Doll Castle is okay, though those soldiers that attack you if they see you are pretty beefy and annoying to fight (especially since one guards a chest so you can't just sneak around).  The pyramid is also full of things that took me awhile to hack through even with magic, though they were doing barely anything to me so it wasn't as if I needed more levels.  But seeing as I tend to play my games by making one run to grab the treasures and one run where I run from every battle to conserve MP, it isn't as big a deal as it could be.

Byakuren probably.  She could probably have some stat buffing spells because she does canonically know spells to enhance physical abilities.

I haven't gotten there yet because I tend to either A) run out of space/people who can be kicked out and wait for another update (where I can try new people in town) or the game gets updated.  Farthest I've got is the pyramid.

This time I put in a tester EXP growth event so I don't have to grind when getting new characters, but I'm stopping that when I get back to the levels I was at before since it's more or less a way for me to still look at early bugs and end up where I left off without too much waiting.  But for new areas I'm gonna grind like normal because then I can look at stuff like that.  That and the fact that I love party building (it's why I get addicted to Touhoumon).

« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2012, 10:15:32 AM »
Just downloaded this and got it to start working (you should probably edit the opening post to contain the link to the newest version).
I'll be taking notes while playing through, with an emphasis on grammar and spelling. Thanks for all the work so far.

« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2012, 03:06:44 AM »
A few more things I've found...

Errors
1.  Mystia/Nitori/Kogasa don't vanish when you finish talking with them. 

2.  I found how you get Hina to open your cursed box...it's only after giving her Nitori's cursed engine and then it's only one.

3.  You can't Evict Mystia; it doesn't do anything.  Also, Rumia's Evict prompt is "Not right now" but you are still asked if you wish to Evict her

4.  Kogasa has a small bit of her back that's invisible, probably due to it being white with white being the background color that was told to be invisible.  I usually solve this by making a gaudy color be the backgrounds of every picture I'm uploading with transparency (whether it be a sprite, object, tileset or battler) so I don't use a color that would actually be used for anything.

5.  There's a white line under Reimu's battler and to the right of Nitori's.

Capitalization
1.  In Hina fixing Nitori's cursed item, the second dialog box, beginning with "we aren't sure ourselves..." needs to be capitalized.

Stuff that may be intentional but are oddities so I'm marking them
1.  There's no EXP/Money reward for fighting Mystia or Sanae.

2.  More equipment, with Alice, Nitori and Youmu unable to equip the cheap bracelet.  In fact, about half the characters going down the class list can't use it.

And a question.  What is Mystia making breakfast supposed to do?  I can't figure it out.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2012, 06:40:31 AM »
I think I have worked through most or all of the bugs that have been mentioned. Other than the bugs what feature in the game do you think is lacking the most?

« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
Hmmm, it's nice and all, rebuilding Gensokyo, but what about the Hakurei Shrine? Maybe at first it can just be a donation box, but eventually upgradeable to a shrine, with a torii and what not. Maybe if some residents are dissatisfied, they use the donation box as a suggestion box. Maybe be able to upgrade various houses with furnishings, which helps residents work better, or more times. Something that would be amazing, yet difficult (maybe not worth it), is the abilty for characters to have a unique mark, or item on the outside of the house, so you can tell who is in there.

Otherwise, there is a paucity of item variety, and some equipment issues. Maybe more scroll types, armor that focuses on MDEF, rather than PDEF, or raises some stat. Temporary stat increase items? Though, if you do implement more stuff, inventory won't be as simple, and it won't feel as special to get something that's not a health item.

« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2012, 03:30:25 PM »
I think the shrine is implemented at some point; I know I saw the maps in the file while I was looking through it.  Though I take it this happens after you clear the disturbance in town.

Here's what I saw in my latest playthrough, and now I can move on to new territory in terms of areas I haven't been before...

1.  During the scene where you rebuild Nitori's house, you are put by Marisa's instead.

2.  After rebuilding Nitori's house, you cannot go to it; you can't transfer from the bridge to her home.  NBD for me who has RPGMaker and just added in the event in, but anyone without can't get to her place.

3.  Wool Dress uses 3 Cotton instead of Wool.

4.  Kogasa's Other option doesn't work if she's working in the store.

5.  When Lily jumps around after telling her its spring, she vanishes into the pond due to the prompt to make her disappeare coming too soon.

6.  Orange, Yoshika, Merlin also vanish before you tell them Yes or No

7.  The portrait doesn't disappear when you talk to Orange in the cave (but it will if you talk to her in the flower fields), nor after talking to Youmu.

8.  Sunny, Youmu and Rin still don't vanish when talking to them, and you can do the event again.

9.  Merlin has no job in town, both Youmu and Rin have their "found food" prompt contain the variable sign.

10.  Wriggle mentions Cirno in her town quest even if you don't have Cirno.

11.  Even though Sunny is standing right next to her, Star is still talking about finding her.

And the following characters have trouble with eviction in some shape or form.
1.  Rin (seemed to Evict Youmu instead).

2.  Alice (who also is still in town even though I made her home).

3.  Kogasa (works well, but it asks about evicting Alice instead).

4.  Wriggle's Evict prompt is telling her you want nothing instead.

5.  Can't find Merlin and Youmu on the map anywhere after Evicting them.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2012, 07:04:04 AM »
Teefa's right, you can get a shrine upgrade after you handle the underground ruins. I will also get to working on some crafting improvements as well as a secret for the next version of the game.

« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2012, 03:20:26 AM »
Did a big run tonight and have a lot of stuff I found.  This consisted of going through the Misty Lake ice dungeon and the dungeon under your town.

Ice Dungeon
1.  When you give Sakuya the mushrooms she asks you for, she stays there but you cannot talk to her again.  Leaving/re-entering fixes it.

2. Daiyousei disappears at the same time as her recruitment prompt appears, and said prompt is only a Yes/No (you aren't asked if you want her).

3.  The Arctic Wolf has some killer defense high above other creatures in the game sofar, including the bosses of the area, and none of my characters can scratch it unless Marisa uses her highest tier spell at the moment.

4.  Kurumi doesn't vanish after talking to her, and you can do the scene again; she, like Daiyousei has no question in front of her recruitment prompt.

5.  Letty doesn't vanish after talking to her, but you can't do the scene again; she also has no question in front of her recruitment prompt, and the picture does not vanish either.

6.  After fighting Magus, you are unable to move, but you can still talk to Sakuya.  Then, you still can't move.  I used a Town Portal Scroll to get out of there, and found that we were scripted to move forward with Sakuya still in the way, thus our inability to move.  Therefore, the answer to this is to possibly have her move to the corner before the scripted movent, get rid of it, or select Ignore if Can't Move on the movement screen (since only the center of the bridge will cause this, but I didn't want to redo the fights to check for sure).

7.  Cirno doesn't vanish after talking to her, and you can do the scene again, plus the picture doesn't vanish afterwards.

8.  During the conversation with Cirno, you spell "lying" as "lieing."

Underground Ruins
1.  Kana/Patchouli/Yukari don't vanish after talking to them, and you can do the scene again.

2.  Recruited Patchouli, Lyrica appeared in my house instead.  Recruited Lyrica, Kana appeared in my house instead.

3.  I started walking on the wall a bit in the 4th level of the Uncovered Dungeon (the part at the top of the wall).

4.  Lyrica doesn't vanish after talking to her, and you can do the scene again, plus the picture doesn't vanish after you talk.

5.  During the talk with Yukari, you have written, "someone as powerful as get trapped..." and there should be a "you" between "as" and "get."

6.  The portal still isn't gone if you finish the dungeon in town (unless I missed something...I opened 4 crystals and beat a boss).

7.  I built Yukari's house, but can't find how to get there once you return to town.

8.  In Yukari's house, she doesn't do any of the things she does when she's in town (like do her quests or have her give you things).

Stuff I Did Afterwards
1.  I did an experiment to get the portal to vanish, by making the Yukarifree switch activate after talking with her, and having that be a condition to turn the
portal off (I don't know if this is how you want to do it, but it worked for me), just to get to the next upgrade. 

2.  Found that there's no 6th or 7th upgrade exit from Reimu's house and had to put one in.  In addition, the two new houses built had "action button" and not "player touch" conditions to activating them so I had  to stumble to get out of the homes.  The same thing happens with all the houses added in the 7th upgrade, as well as the entrance to the shrine.

3.  The Magatama event when you first make the shrine doesn't give you anything, and it's not direction locked so the necklace turns into a chess piece.

4.  I have two extra spaces for characters as of the 6th upgrade and recruit two random people.  The first ends up in the first house, but the second is nowhere to be found despite the second house having room for her.

5.  Sakuya, Kana and Lyrica don't vanish from the area by Kourindou when you recruit them from there.

Eviction Issues
1.  Can't find Daiyousei/Letty/Patchy on the map anywhere if they're not in your town.

2.  Unable to Evict Yukari (no prompt, though considering who it is I don't know if this was intended).

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »
I just wanted to say a couple of things. First off the game isn't dead. I am just working on an interesting revision of the game, at least for the first eight levels of it for this release. Also I have long since handled the bugs listed. As always if there is something you want in the next version of the game please feel free to post it.

« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »
I seriously need to give a few more stuff a try, but my computer harddrive decided to die on me and I don't even know which version I last had when I backed up my files.  Could always redownload if necessary, but I had a lot of things to do to get my compy back in shape (including trying to find where the new location of my Touhou folder was so I could put the exact address of SWR into 'soku for the extra characters).

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2012, 04:19:49 AM »
Hello everyone I want to say that first of all the game isn't dead and in fact it has a new version ready for you to play.I have added wandering monsters to the first few dungeons of the game as well as fixed a bunch of errors in the game. I hope you enjoy it. download here http://www.mediafire.com/?b87t4xp3bxzzkdy

« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2012, 03:25:36 AM »
Yes, something to do while my DS is recharging and I can't play Pokemon.  Or I get ready to throw it at the wall due to my stubbornness.

Gonna go out and give it a try in the morning, since it's almost time for me to go to bed.

Re: New Rpg Gensoblazer version 0.09 out 10/19/12
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2012, 08:15:21 AM »
Hoo boy, it's been awhile.  There are a lot of neat little tweaks I'm noticing.  As I'm playingtesting, I'm documenting errors I see.  So far, up to the third dungeon, the only bug I've found is that I'm able to recruit Marisa multiple times for multiple Marisas.
Spoiler:
(Or should I say Lyrica Prismriver?)
Fortunately, many Marisas act as if there were only one Marisa.

« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2012, 03:12:33 AM »
Okay, here's a report I have after getting through the first three dungeons again.  This includes some stuff I found by buying a ton of wood and getting areas accessed as well.  Though I still have to do some checks into the new areas that I couldn't reach in previous versions.

Error List
1. Wriggle vanishes at same time as recruitment prompt, Star doesn't vanish if you say no to recruiting her.

2. Medicine doesn?t vanish if you recruit her, the crystal is back if you leave and re-enter.

3. You can also fight the Treant again by leaving and re-entering.

4. The dolls in Doll Castle have some white in the area below their left arms instead of a transparency.

5. There?s a doll near the door to the backyard (where you fight Treant and get Medicine) who has no dialog and doesn?t fight you.

6. Alice doesn?t vanish after recruiting her.

7. The Marisa and Reimu convo when she?s just walking in town is all darkened.

8. When you talk to Marisa in her new house, she?s walking around like her normal script instead of standing still to talk to you.

9. While some purple slime fights in Stage 1 are different colored, some aren?t...by contrast all Mangy Kobald fights are different colored.  Dunno if you wanted all the purple slime fights to have that different hue, but the stuff in Stage 2 seems to suggest that was the intention.

10. If you say ?Yes? to give Medicine a Lily of the Valley, even if you don?t have one, she brings out her second request.

11. If you leave from the ?deeper in? area of the cave that you clear away, you end up coming out of the mountainside one tier up, instead of returning to the part of the cave with the mining equipment.

12. One Cursed Box can be opened indefinitely since it doesn't leave your inventory when Hina opens it.

Dialog Issues
1. Recruiting Hina has the prompt (you can ask her to join your village) where the ?y? in you should be capitalized.

2. A Floor 2 chest says you got a firecracker, when you got a fire scroll.

3. The chest with the Cotton Hakama calls it a ?cotton Hakama? (the ?c? needs to be capitalized).

4. If you ask Hina to do something, it?s just a Yes/No prompt before she starts talking about the Cursed Box.

5. Asking Alice to work at the shop? ?I know how to make doll clothes so I use that to make human sized clothes as well.?  (should be a ?can? between ?I? and ?use?).

6. It says that she uses three pieces of cotton to make a Wool Hakama or Wool Dress.

Don't Evict Properly
1. Rumia's Evict prompt is to tell her you want nothing.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:18:35 AM by teefa85 »

« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2012, 05:43:56 PM »
I'm stuck in an infinite loop in the human village maze and can't escape, the stairs leading to the exit take back to the same place can someone fix this :(

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »
...Can't anyone post screenshots of this game?

I want to see how it's like.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2012, 08:22:40 AM »
I'm stuck in an infinite loop in the human village maze and can't escape, the stairs leading to the exit take back to the same place can someone fix this?
Oh right, that was in the mansion part of the dungeon, somewhere near the beginning of the stairway pathing.  I think specifically it was a small room with three stairs. Might not have reported it because I lost my notes and saves when computer problems popped up.  A town portal scroll needed to be used.  I think there were also minor graphical issues in a few places where the wall didn't end in the wood paneling tile that was characteristically used for the wall-endings.

« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
Now that my power's back on from the storm, I can get a few sessions of this in again and look around some more.  I'm also at work on some more of the sprites for characters not yet done, including an adult Akyuu since she looked older in Forbidden Scrollery.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2012, 08:26:24 AM »
Thank you very much for your help. I have worked on the errors found and will work on the game some more.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2012, 02:27:56 AM »
So, this does not run. At least, not without some modifications. The game will complain some files are missing when launched (unless you have RPGMaker installed I'm guessing; I don't). After some messing around I found that modifying the Game.ini file so the "RTP1=Standard" line doesn't have a value (ie, just "RTP1=") fixes this and makes the game run just fine - RPGMaker's standard RTP isn't needed as far as I can tell. You should include a fixed Game.ini in the next releases so everyone can run the game.

After getting it to run everything went fine. It's a pretty standard RPGMaker project with few serious modifications to the default game engine (from what I've seen so far), but the idea sounds pretty good and it's been enjoyable to play. Major complaint though: stop whatever development you're doing and proof-read/spell-check your game. Normally I'd see this as a nitpick, but it does get very inconsistent or blatantly obvious that proofreading was neglected in some places...

"Your Welcome"? What's a girl now?

Sometimes things are capitalized, other times they're not.

Gonna play it some more later; I guess I'm too early in the game right now to form much of a coherent opinion, but it's promising. ;)

Edit: Se-se-se-sequence breaker!
So I figured I'd grind in the forest dungeon for a bit to breeze through the first dungeon (kinda forgot to save... fuuuuuu-). After wandering a bit I found a crystal and figured, oh hey, a new person. May'swell see what happens if I open it up. Bam - for some reason Marisa and Reimu are chatting up the freshly-released Rumia. I have no idea where Marisa came from. Sneaky little witch seems to have been with Reimu all along after all. :)

Might want to check if the player completed the previous dungeon before allowing them to trigger these events. Or better yet, have special cases for sequence-breaking (ie, make a version of the Rumia cutscene without Marisa).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 09:04:58 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest