Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest 2 - Dead Simple! (RESULTS!)  (Read 65323 times)

Re: Danmakufu Contest 2 - Dead Simple!
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2009, 09:30:58 PM »
BS hard as always, eh Nimble?

The nonspell was alright, save for one detail: That unreasonable stream of bullets that it shoots downwards, all while it's moving across the screen wildly. On all but easy mode, that stream is simply too thick to get through consistently, which mostly serves to make it an attack to play as ReimuA. Oh, it's aimed. It wasn't very apparent that it was aimed at the time, though... not sure what you could do to change that.

The first spell was pretty generic, but the use of white bullets that have no clear direction on the sprite makes navigating the criss-cross harder.

The second spell hints that you may have been the only one who tested it; the bullets move so fast, and there was no way to predict that they would aim themselves at the player after hitting the wall(and they continue to move that fast after they do). A guaranteed hit the first time you play it. The strategy I figured out was just to stay to the absolute right, dodge the horizontal streams, and just move up or down a ways to dodge everything else that popped up. But with the boss moving wildly everywhere, this once again makes it an attack geared towards ReimuA.

I liked the sprite of the boss. I liked the background, and the music, but why did you use such an ugly upscale for the boss' portrait? It just looks bad... a Nearest Neighbor upscale would have been vastly preferable.

Also, why has every entry but Mr. Mcbullet thus-far used "dead simple entry" or "contest entry" as its name? I actually chose a different script by mistake when I went to play this because I confused the names in the plural menu.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:24:27 PM by Prime 2.0 »
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Nuclear Cheese

• Relax and enjoy the danmaku.
    • My homepage
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2009, 02:54:34 AM »
Hey guys.
Was bored, so I figured I'd give things a shot.

... not even sure if these even really qualify as entries, though. :V

I'm not much of a "normal danmaku" type of guy.

... of course, I'm not much of an art/sound guy either, so it's just some vanilla stuff.  Hope that people don't mind too much.

But hey, I had fun.  Hope you have fun too.

(File uploaded to the forum, since I forgot my FTP password.  stupid me.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 02:56:59 AM by Nuclear Cheese »
to quote Naut:
"I can see the background, there are too many safespots."
:V

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »
VideoGameCrack >
Your first spell own me alot. When 3 more flower are bloom I feel like a rat in the flower petal maze.

Iryan >
Your third spell remind me someone immotal :)

Blargel >
I bet to see someone made a bullet like this, but I didn't prepare myself for this :o
Last spell surprise me a lot, with your entry name - I'm loving it!

Kayorei >
I agree with Prime 2.0 to have background fix, or just the star is scrolling.
Your entry look like PC-98 boss very well ;)

Nuclear Cheese >
It's not simple in the playstyle, but the dead is really simple. Very creative and cool.
But I suggest that last spell need something to tell the player how much they left before you clear it.

Prime 2.0 >
I really have no idea with cutin this time. I'll try change it with boss/bullet adjustment. Your comment help me a lot.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2009, 01:52:50 PM »
Hey guys.
Was bored, so I figured I'd give things a shot.

... of course, I'm not much of an art/sound guy either, so it's just some vanilla stuff.  Hope that people don't mind too much.

But hey, I had fun.  Hope you have fun too.

(File uploaded to the forum, since I forgot my FTP password.  stupid me.)

Oh wow, those entries were kinda out there, but that kept me entertained for a bit, haha. I kept trying to get a perfect run of the last attack, but it was hard :x.
Last spell surprise me a lot

Good, then I'm doing my job. :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:55:13 PM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2009, 03:03:13 PM »
Oh, Blargel, BTW...
MRMCBULLET IS GODLIKE.
MAKE IT A MEME, GUYS!

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2009, 03:06:23 PM »
Oh, Blargel, BTW...
MRMCBULLET IS GODLIKE.
MAKE IT A MEME, GUYS!
Memes don't work that way :/

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2009, 03:10:37 PM »

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2009, 08:53:34 PM »

If only I knew how telling this remark would be. There is an irony to the fact that, while the theme of the contest was "dead simple", you went out of your way to mess with the core mechanics of the genre to make something that is plays with far more complexity.

And it falls flat on its face.

I'll start with the first spell, gravity. When I saw that I could bend the direction of the bullet, and that I couldn't fire, I immediately knew that I had to make it slam back into the boss, but I struggled initially trying to achieve this long enough that hint text popped up telling me what I already knew.

Here is the first, fundamental problem with the spell: it modifies the core game mechanics in such a way as that the player has to learn how to play it. A curiosity it may be that you can do something like this, but that doesn't make it intuitive, or fun.

And there is the next problem; for the majority of the spell, there is a single bullet on the screen, 5 at the most. It's pretty easy to see that cover fire would be unfair when trying to pull a bullet into the boss, but that only really serves to highlight that there is something wrong with the concept; I am not going to sugar-coat this, I was dead stiff bored by this spell, something I can't say about even a second of gameplay in a SHMUP that I have had in the past. There was no real challenge, there was no sense of accomplishment(the HP went down such a small amount for each hit, hits that were hard to land due to a target being smaller than it should be for such a gimmick), it was horrifyingly monotonous, and I didn't even have the comfort of the timer to cut me off when things dragged on too long.

And when you get bored, you make mistakes. You stop investing mental effort into the activity, and you use what remains to try to make it go by quicker and suffer because of it. I'm sure you've played a videogame where you were fighting some hard boss, and you had found a pattern that more or less let you damage him without letting harm fall to yourself... it takes a while, you can see the HP going down, and you slowly get bored as the variation in the fight has left; so you get ambitious. You try to get in a second hit. That's when you mess up, that's when you get hit, die, and receive such a dose of frustration from having screwed up a done deal that you might even consider quitting. It is quite literally death as the result of boredom.

And that just isn't fun.

Moving on from there, the second spell was a welcome relief in that I could see a timer ticking down. It was a survival spell, plain and simple, and having the "friends" begin to take up all parts of the screen vertically was a great way to add challenge during the last part of the attack.

And, the third spell. First noting that the timer once again no longer existed, I found that what appeared to be non-regulation bullets had started appearing. Were it not for my knowledge of the contest rules, it would have been a while before I guessed that I had to grab them...but perhaps you had set up hint text for that spell as well.

As per the name of the spell, I began to collect the blue orbs as they formed, and unlike the the first spell, there was cover fire here, but unlike the first spell, there were absolutely no signs of progress for each time the gimmick was satisfied. I was left to wonder if collecting the blue orbs did anything at all, and I slowly began to lose interest, not moving up to collect each as it formed. And such an oddity it was that this loss of interest was rewarded, as the blue orbs would continue to spawn, meaning I needed to make fewer trips if I just let them accumulate.

The spell ended, having overstayed its welcome, and the script ended. I closed danmakufu, and deleted the script, knowing that even if I kept it around, I would likely never play it again.

Maybe some of the others here disagree with me, but this was genuinely my experience playing the script. It had been an exercise in originality and change for its own sake, to the point that it removed the safeguards of bombing to quickly damage the opponent and a timer to end the attack before it overstayed its welcome. It never allowed the player to directly attack, making the differences in shot types almost meaningless... and though a good deal of effort was probably expended to make this something original and new, all it amounted to for me was a moment of "oh, that's neat", leading into just wanting to get it over with. I only wish the effort put into these gimmicks could have yeilded something more.

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2009, 04:32:09 AM »
wat is this wall of haet i dont even

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2009, 05:17:43 AM »
wat is this wall of haet i dont even

Maybe you have a different opinion of it, I dunno. That was just my experience with it, and not much more.

I generally want to focus on the positive. The people who submit scripts here expend a degree of effort, skill, and expertise that I lack and envy. I particularly envy the people like Nuclear Cheese who are willing to take risks in the work that they do, and continue to do so even if it might not turn out as good as was hoped. I myself had taken steps in the modification of another game, and had taken a huge risk in the creation of my level by implimenting and focusing on a gimmick that nobody else had done before. In part due to flaws in the concept, but mostly due to my execution, the effort which had lasted on-and-off for months came out bad, and after that I simply stopped trying, and it was pretty much the last level I ever made for that game.

I have not played any of his other scripts, though I may soon look to find them... but if he is true to his word on the kinds of scripts he generally makes, then it is undoubtable that he has faced the same situation as I did in the past, probably more than once. But as his submission here demonstrates, he didn't just stop because of a road bump like that, he kept on making scripts, and continued to take risks for the chance of creating something truly wonderful. And regardless of any missteps that happened in the creation of the script he submitted for this contest, I applaud him for that conviction.

But while I do, this does not mean that I will hold back on my opinion of a script. If I liked it, I will say so and try to offer what I thought could have made it even better. If I did not like it, I will go at length to explain why, and how I think it could have been made more enjoyable... to me, at least. It is only my opinion, after all, and I mean no offense to the person who puts forth effort in the hopes of receiving critique. But for the same reason that I would not mean offense to someone in this situation, I feel it would be an insult to selectively omit the thoughts I had regarding their work.

To Nuclear Cheese, I would like to apologize if what had been said was at all taken as spiteful. I don't even know if you've read it yet, but I'd like you to know that I did not intend for it to be hateful towards you.

And, just to note, I was probably a bit too hard on the third spell; I was still dogged down by the first at that point, but the point still stands that it could be vastly improved through the addition of a counter of some sort for the collectible items, since the HP bar doesn't get used for that purpose.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 05:22:16 AM by Prime 2.0 »

Nuclear Cheese

• Relax and enjoy the danmaku.
    • My homepage
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2009, 05:53:46 AM »
t3h haet

;__;

brb killing self
(not really)

Admittedly, these are more unusual than is typical from me.  I just got a few ideas, and this is what they became.

Generally, though, I tend to not go for straightforward danmaku, since from past experience I suck at making it.  Instead I go for stuff that's a bit different (although, usually not quite this different).
Doesn't help that I rushed a bit to finish them yesterday so as to not have something else distracting me from Musuu no Danmaku (not like I don't have enough distraction already :V).

Lack of timer in #1 and #3 came from me not wanting to punish a new player who's still figuring the scripts out.  #2 was originally going to follow suit, before I made it a survival card (since I couldn't think of an interesting way to attack the "friends" - I wasn't gonna have them be just shootable, with the stuff going on in the other scripts).

I do agree that a counter probably would've been a good addition on the 3rd one; somehow I didn't think of that.  I might go back and touch these up a bit, if I ever feel like it.

And, fyi - as you guessed, there is a hint for the 3rd card as well.  The hints appear in #1 and #3 after a set amount of time; I tried to gauge it to be long enough that a clever player might figure it out on their own (well, first one, at least), without it being forever to appear.  Also, as you probably notice, the hint goes away once the player scores a hit in #1 or collects an orb in #3.

I have not played any of his other scripts, though I may soon look to find them...

Knock yourself out.
(not literally)

PS - Suikama should create an entry that is just a Brofist made up entirely of WHITE05 bullets.
to quote Naut:
"I can see the background, there are too many safespots."
:V

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2009, 06:06:55 AM »
;__;
#2 was originally going to follow suit, before I made it a survival card (since I couldn't think of an interesting way to attack the "friends" - I wasn't gonna have them be just shootable, with the stuff going on in the other scripts).

words

PS - Suikama should create an entry that is just a Brofist made up entirely of WHITE05 bullets.

I don't know how fun this actually would be, and somehow I think it would actually be pretty hard to pull off, but if you put those two things together, you could have friends that try to punch you. You'd hurt them by trying to make them punch each other.

It would be delightfully twisted at the very least. But it would need something else in there to spice things up... I just don't know what that would be!

Also, I should have mentioned this in my first post, but the addition of reduced bomb damage on the first spell(and of course the second if it had been made into another weird thing) would have been appreciated. Not enough that you could rely on it entirely to beat the spell(unless you decide to suicide or something), but enough that you could speed things along a bit if you wanted to just get on to the next spell... and after giving it some thought, while I do not believe constant cover-fire would be fair given the gimmick of the gravity spell, a medium-thickness, kinda-sorta fast circle of bullets every 3 or 4 seconds might work... but on the other hand, the player might confuse the circle of bullets with the gravitational ones...except of course if there was some weird graphical effect on the gravity bullets like people have been talking about in this topic.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:11:15 AM by Prime 2.0 »

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2009, 09:09:04 AM »
damn almost the 15th...I wish I could get my background to show up
in my scripts...then maybe add some bgm to it & get it posted already...oh well back to work...

oh wait...done that just now...here's my entry below...
It's just a damn Mirror...

it's harder with default characters, is very simple & finally done...now go break that damned Mirror...
"I'm going to go now to dodge the worst of the verbal assault that's heading in my direction"...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:37:13 PM by UltimaRepman »
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2009, 01:49:04 PM »
So... I decided to join this contest too...

Heehee... my entry here

Sorry for the probable massive lag at the 2nd card :P

Credits to Zun/Drake for bgm/ripping, and the same anonymous friend who helped me with my sprites...(he helped me with skelekin last time...) (Note: If you don't think the bgm is appropriate, sorry for that... but it seems fitting for me...)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:28:48 PM by kyle_090594 »
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2009, 03:04:57 PM »
UltimaRepman >
Oh... I don't sure that what'll happen if I move charecter around. But your first and second pattern was no need to move.
I just standstill where my charecter start and wait until third pattern, then move my cha' up a bit wait till the end without moving. :P

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2009, 08:56:06 PM »
I don't know how fun this actually would be, and somehow I think it would actually be pretty hard to pull off, but if you put those two things together, you could have friends that try to punch you. You'd hurt them by trying to make them punch each other.
etc etc;
tl;dr

could you please stop cracking off other people's scripts? you don't even make your own attacks! you're not a judge; the only one judging here is Stuffman
advising people here is also pretty useless: once their attacks are posted you can't edit them anymore!

this kind of stuff is why i don't attend contests

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »
It's more of the fact he came off as "I fucking hate this script it sucks go die" rather than "I didn't like it, here's how it could've been improved, in my opinion", even if it wasn't his intention.

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2009, 11:34:24 PM »
could you please stop cracking off other people's scripts? you don't even make your own attacks! you're not a judge; the only one judging here is Stuffman
advising people here is also pretty useless: once their attacks are posted you can't edit them anymore!

this kind of stuff is why i don't attend contests

I should probably just shut up at this point, and turn the other cheek. Having been caught up in the moment, I had been more harsh than I should have been, and having realized my mistake, I spent upwards of 20-30 minutes drafting a post to apologize for it. The person who had the most right to be offended by the initial post took it in stride, made humor from it, and responded to the critique in a civilized manner, even showing interest in what had been said. The olive branch had been offered, all was more or less well, and I figured that after a prompt response with a reasonable tone to acknowledge that was made, we could all move on and enjoy the rest of the contest.

But I guess that just wasn't enough for you, huh.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:44:25 PM by Prime 2.0 »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 11:41:26 PM »
Oh, it's almost time up. I don't think I can even finish my entry (I'm secretly making one :V ). Blah. Oh well, I hope everyone does good good work. (And make it hard! *insert colon followed by a capital v*)

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2009, 03:37:00 AM »
My entry : Click here

How difficult it is?
This is the number of deaths I have for each mode during a no bombs run I did before submitting for testing purposes:
Easy : 0 death :D
Normal : 2 deaths on the 2nd card (It's not that hard, I just made mistakes. :P)
Hard : 1 death on 2nd card, 1 death on 3rd card
Lunatic : 2 deaths on 2nd card, 2 deaths on 3rd card (It's my first capture of the first card lol!)

So basically, lunatic mode is that wththisisimpossible mode because there some people here who enjoy impossible cards. XD
I've made sure that the hard difficulty cards are do-able though. (Captured them at least once after many many tries)

Drake

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2009, 03:56:55 AM »
thaws ilu

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2009, 05:42:55 AM »
My entry : Click here

How difficult it is?
This is the number of deaths I have for each mode during a no bombs run I did before submitting for testing purposes:
Easy : 0 death :D
Normal : 2 deaths on the 2nd card (It's not that hard, I just made mistakes. :P)
Hard : 1 death on 2nd card, 1 death on 3rd card
Lunatic : 2 deaths on 2nd card, 2 deaths on 3rd card (It's my first capture of the first card lol!)

So basically, lunatic mode is that wththisisimpossible mode because there some people here who enjoy impossible cards. XD
I've made sure that the hard difficulty cards are do-able though. (Captured them at least once after many many tries)
Oh baby :3

Although I have two gripes. One is the minor changes in difficulty. Although easy mode was technically easier, it still wasn't really easy and didn't feel much easier than normal. The other is each spell feels a bit cheap for one reason or another. The first is quite luckbased and the bullets move a bit too fast to see because they're hare to see (*coughthisappliestoalmosteveryonecough*), the second has those whips that spawn a bit too quickly and the delay clouds are rather large so it's hard to pinpoint exactly where they spawn, and the last one you get bubbles spawning right on top of you or right behind you if you're unlucky.

Also I got an idea for a script that I may or may not go through with

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2009, 05:50:55 AM »
the second has those whips that spawn a bit too quickly and the delay clouds are rather large so it's hard to pinpoint exactly where they spawn, and the last one you get bubbles spawning right on top of you or right behind you if you're unlucky.
One of the wind symbols (they're not whips :() will always spawn on you, so it's quite cheap, I agree with that. XD Also, there was lag issues if the delay time was increased. :/

On the third card, instead of blaming it on bad luck, stay above the green area in the background. :v

That doesn't work too well on Lunatic :V
:V :suwakodwi:
Actually, I thought of not spawning bubbles on the player, but then one can just stay at one spot and focus on dodging the quick bursted bubble waves. I wanted to have the player moving over a large distance every once it a while in this spell, so I kept it that way. The boss follows you around anyways. :3
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 06:10:26 AM by Thaws »

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2009, 05:52:42 AM »
On the third card, instead of blaming it on bad luck, stay above the green area in the background. :v
That doesn't work too well on Lunatic :V

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2009, 06:27:26 AM »
Thaws, if you had instead opted not to submit this script here, and had someone completely unrelated release it somewhere else, I would still have known that it was one of yours. The distinctive background/enemy sprites, the lack of BGM, the ridiculous ideas, and the inclusion of that terminally happy "pop" sound effect all come together as something that was clearly made by you.

Your premise was absolutely hilarious. I actually took a moment to consider the name of the script on the plural menu, but I was still surprised when I was suddenly under attack from a giant saltshaker.

Suikama mentioned the randomness of the script; I'd have to disagree that the randomness was a big problem on the first and third spells; particularly in the first, where you can bait the salt shaker to move around and create openings easily, and in the third where as Thaws has already mentioned, you can just stay above the bottom.

The second spell, on the other hand... Yeah, those wind swirls. It's already been said, so I'll say what you did right about it: you actually struck the balance of a defensive spell on this one; the shaker is moving back and forth rapidly while the swirls(and fronts of bullets) are restricting movement which makes it harder to land hits but it comes back quick enough that this isn't crippling. Combine that with the third spell in which the shaker accelerates towards your horizontal position slower than in the first spell, and it means that while there is a concrete benefit to using ReimuA in the script, the other shot types also get good representation.

I actually confused the portrait of the salt shaker for the salt shaker itself a few times when I first played this...seeing as how it used the exact same sprite(and size), and appears at roughly the same height as the shaker... well, it goes without saying that there needed to be a little more differentiating the two. Maybe if the portrait was right side up...

Also, I was amused to find that playing the individual spells showed the difficulty level in-game, but not the plural.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 06:29:01 AM by Prime 2.0 »

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2009, 06:33:04 AM »
damn almost the 15th...I wish I could get my background to show up
in my scripts...then maybe add some bgm to it & get it posted already...oh well back to work...

oh wait...done that just now...here's my entry below...
It's just a damn Mirror...

it's harder with default characters, is very simple & finally done...now go break that damned Mirror...
"I'm going to go now to dodge the worst of the verbal assault that's heading in my direction"...
You need some randomization in here man because I can timeout every single one of your spells without moving :V

Also for some reason I cannot cap the first salt shaker spell at all D:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 06:35:08 AM by Suikama »

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2009, 07:03:03 AM »
Also for some reason I cannot cap the first salt shaker spell at all D:

Really? It's sorta like a misdirection spell. You have to move all the way to the left or right so the shaker follows you and overshoots off-screen, and then it'll be easier to get past the current wave of bullets. Rinse and repeat.

As for repman's script, I have to say that you nailed the PC98 feel for this one... though the SoEW music certainly helped to achieve that. I broke out my PC98 overlay for this one rather than using the tiny bullet blizzard frame I put in the topic earlier, and it felt so right.

And Suikama is right, these spells have more safe spots than Icicle Fall Easy. It also has a sweet graze exploit in the second spell, which I decided to make a replay of.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:11:16 AM by Prime 2.0 »

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2009, 11:58:55 AM »
As for repman's script, I have to say that you nailed the PC98 feel for this one... though the SoEW music certainly helped to achieve that. I broke out my PC98 overlay for this one rather than using the tiny bullet blizzard frame I put in the topic earlier, and it felt so right.

And Suikama is right, these spells have more safe spots than Icicle Fall Easy. It also has a sweet graze exploit in the second spell, which I decided to make a replay of.

For me the replay, isn't neccessary since I'm well aware of all the lethal safe spots in it since I played it multiple times before posting...unfortunately it was either this...or omfg impossible patterns due to my horrible lack of skill...& yes it was the only thing that really fitted the mode for this train wreak in imo...PC-98 style was my primary focus here...
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2009, 03:32:49 PM »
It's simple... Maybe too simple.

=/

Code: [Select]
#TouhouDanmakufu
#Title[Backstabbing circles of snow.]
#Text[hooray.]
#Player[FREE]
#ScriptVersion[2]

script_enemy_main{

let CSD = GetCurrentScriptDirectory;

let imgBoss = CSD ~ "img\ExRumia.png";

let time = 0;

@Initialize{
SetLife(5000);
SetTimer(600);
SetScore(100000);
SetMovePosition01(GetCenterX,GetCenterY,5);
LoadGraphic(imgBoss);

mainTask;
}

@MainLoop{
SetCollisionA(GetX,GetY,32);
SetCollisionB(GetX,GetY,16);

if(time%120==0){
let angle1=GetAngleToPlayer;
let angle2=rand(0,360);
loop(15){
CreateShot01(GetX+40*cos(angle2),GetY+40*sin(angle2),2,angle1,WHITE05,10);
angle2+=360/15;

}
}
time++;
yield;
}

@DrawLoop{
SetTexture(imgBoss);
SetRenderState(ALPHA);
SetAlpha(255);
SetGraphicRect(64,1,127,64);
SetGraphicScale(01,1);
SetGraphicAngle(0,0,0);
DrawGraphic(GetX,GetY);
}

@BackGround{
SetTexture(NULL);
SetRenderState(ALPHA);
SetAlpha(255);
SetGraphicRect(0,0,500,500);
SetGraphicScale(1,1);
SetGraphicAngle(0,0,0);
DrawGraphic(GetCenterX,GetCenterY);
}

@Finalize{
DeleteGraphic(imgBoss);

}

task mainTask{
yield;
mainFire;
secondFire;
movement;
}

task movement{
SetMovePosition01(GetCenterX,120,5);

yield;

}

task mainFire{
let x = 0;
let dir = 0;
loop{
while(x<25){
CreateShotA(1,GetX,500,30);
SetShotDataA(1,60,1.5,dir,0.2,0,0,WHITE05);

FireShot(1);

dir+=360/25;
x++;
}
x = 0;
dir = 0;
wait(50);

yield;
}
}

task secondFire{
let x = 0;
let dir = 0;
loop{
while(x<25){
CreateShotA(1,GetX,500,30);
SetShotDataA(1,60,1.5,dir,-0.2,0,0,WHITE05);

FireShot(1);

dir+=360/25;
x++;
}
x = 0;
dir = 0;
wait(45);

yield;
}
}

function wait(w){
loop(w){yield;}
}
}

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2009, 07:18:32 PM »
My entry's almost finished. I just have to decide on music and figure out how to make a decent background, which might not take that long I'll probably be occupied with for a few hours.