Author Topic: Blargel's Danmakufu Corner (Ikareimu Revival? and Contest)  (Read 64980 times)

Re: Blargel's Danmakufu Corner (Ikareimu v0.4 released!)
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 04:11:59 AM »
Delicious!

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 05:44:31 AM »
Needs bullet shooty sounds, for enemies, the player, and especially for master spark. If it's possible to take the master spark sound out of the player's se folder(seBomb_MarisaB.wav), then do it. A shield absorption sound would also be nice.

Fun to play, even if the anti-ghosting on my keyboard means I have to fight with the controls when I change colors. Also, it's just occurred to me that since discerning black and white is Sikieiki's power, that maybe she should be a second character. :P

Also, during one of my runs, I could have sworn I somehow deathbombed...that is, I hit the "bomb" key after I got hit and lived.

Can't wait to see more on this.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 05:51:31 AM »
Needs bullet shooty sounds, for enemies, the player, and especially for master spark. If it's possible to take the master spark sound out of the player's se folder(seBomb_MarisaB.wav), then do it. A shield absorption sound would also be nice.

If you didn't notice, even enemy death sounds aren't there. They're rather low on my priority list right now, but they'll be added someday.

Fun to play, even if the anti-ghosting on my keyboard means I have to fight with the controls when I change colors. Also, it's just occurred to me that since discerning black and white is Sikieiki's power, that maybe she should be a second character. :P

I already have plans for Siki :3

Also, during one of my runs, I could have sworn I somehow deathbombed...that is, I hit the "bomb" key after I got hit and lived.

Oh shit.
*goes off to set bomb count to 0 by default*
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 09:17:54 AM »
Holy shit, this is starting to get really awesome! I already have my own idea for using this system in a script what I'll make... whenever... Uh... sometime. (I should move my lazy ass already and get back to Danmakufu.)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 09:46:18 AM »
Ohohohoho, my image looks good in there :V

Needs more proper SFX for everything.

( Though your movie is extremely out of sync )

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2009, 04:41:40 AM »
Ikareimu v0.5!
Also known as Ikareimu Framework v1.0

Click here to download!
Download v0.5.1 as v0.5 has a missing character sprite.

DO NOT UNZIP THIS IN YOUR EXISTING DANMAKUFU SCRIPT FOLDER AS IT WILL CRASH YOUR DANMAKUFU! IT ALREADY HAS DANMAKUFU PACKAGED WITH IT!

Features/changes:
 - Chaining added.
 - Chaining information on system display added.
 - Double damage on opposite polarity enemies added!

Explanation of the gameplay is in the readme file if you don't know how to play Ikaruga. Also, I forgot to re-add a LoadGraphic command in the player script in version 0.5 so I uploaded a version 0.5.1.

Also, sorry, still no sound effects since it's not high on my priority list. I was more worried about getting the Ikaruga system ported into Danmakufu before working on making the scripts more polished.

To do list:
 - Figure out 3D backgrounds (though I may skip this part).
 - Make a game!

As usual, feedback and bug reporting is welcome.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 06:26:06 AM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli

Re: Blargel's Danmakufu Corner (Ikareimu v0.5 released!)
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2009, 06:05:58 AM »

whoops.

Chaining is neat, even if I can't seem to get the hang of it.

You know, even if sounds weren't a priority, shouldn't you have at least put in some placeholders? XD

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2009, 06:17:07 AM »
Lol, no sprite wtf.

Sorry, go into the player script, remove CreateDebugWindow; and add in LoadGraphic(imgSprite); in its place.

And screw the sounds, I have green hair.

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2009, 06:22:47 AM »
I would, but it seems that particular line of code doesn't exist in the player script.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2009, 06:30:49 AM »
Oh so that's what happened. Nevermind then, just put LoadGraphic(imgSprite); right after IkareimuPlayer_Initialize;

I'll update the main post :x

Chaining is neat, even if I can't seem to get the hang of it.

The trick is to figure how the lasers target (or I could just tell you:
Spoiler:
They come out for 1/6 for a second then each one finds the enemy closest to it and goes after that one
) and spam them skillfully.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:10:52 AM by Blargel »

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 08:30:57 AM »
May I suggest life counter somewhere else than under laser bar?
Not a big problem, but at least I misunderstand for first time I play (spaming bomb laser when laser bar was fill with x4 = 4 bar!)

Chaining system cool!

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2009, 09:08:11 AM »
May I suggest life counter somewhere else than under laser bar?
Not a big problem, but at least I misunderstand for first time I play (spaming bomb laser when laser bar was fill with x4 = 4 bar!)

Chaining system cool!

There's supposed to be a symbol that represents the player character to the left of the X and under the bar. It'll make more sense when I can think of something to put there but for now it's gonna have to confuse new players like that. :V

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to mention this, but since I'm finished building the system, updates will be much less frequent now since I don't want to reveal too much of the specifics of the actual game I'm making.

EDIT2: Fixed the missing sprite and reuploaded for those who couldn't or were too lazy to do it themselves. It's labeled v0.5.1 in the usual place.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 03:37:48 AM by Blargel »

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2009, 05:03:16 AM »
Um...

Your script crashed danmakufu...

PERNAMENTLY...

D:

Edit: hahaha oh wow that was purely due to my own incompetence
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 05:05:16 AM by Suikama »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2009, 06:25:01 AM »
Um...

Your script crashed danmakufu...

PERNAMENTLY...

D:

Edit: hahaha oh wow that was purely due to my own incompetence

Okay, yeah.

DO NOT UNZIP THIS IN YOUR EXISTING DANMAKUFU SCRIPT FOLDER AS IT WILL CRASH YOUR DANMAKUFU! IT ALREADY HAS DANMAKUFU PACKAGED WITH IT!

*proceeds to add this disclaimer to the main posts*

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2009, 04:49:53 PM »
What.

Yes, I really plan on making that last difficulty.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2009, 05:04:59 PM »
What.

Yes, I really plan on making that last difficulty.
The final one made my day.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2009, 02:40:13 AM »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2009, 04:58:16 AM »
FUCKINGWHAT

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2009, 04:32:18 AM »
Common Functions

Random suggestion from IRC: Make a library full of common functions that people need that aren't already included in Danmakufu. I'm kinda surprised that no one posted one up yet (but it seems a lot of people build their own libraries full of this sort of stuff).

Anyways, just stick this in your lib folder and call #include_function "lib\CommonFunctions.dnh" before @Initialize in any script you wanna use these functions. The file itself has comments telling you how to use them so take a look in it to see how everything works.

If there's functions that aren't included in there that you need, go ahead and let me know and I'll try to add it in and update the file. Keep in mind it's for COMMON functions though. Don't make me write something that will only be useful to like two people or something.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 04:34:22 AM by Blargel »

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2009, 05:04:23 PM »
I just tested v0.5.
I don?t know why but it feels that the switching takes too long.
Also what difficulty is this suposed to represent?  :V

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2009, 05:09:17 PM »
I just tested v0.5.
I don?t know why but it feels that the switching takes too long.
Also what difficulty is this suposed to represent?  :V
That's to prevent you from spamming C

Also iirc switching is even slower(by a tiny bit) in the actual Ikaruga games

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2009, 05:13:45 PM »
Stuffman also thought that switching seemed to take too long, but I wasn't so sure. Maybe I'll research that a bit and possibly change it for the next release. The stage itself was just slapped together and actually is currently being refined, but I guess v0.5's difficulty is somewhere between normal and hard mode.

Also, Master Spark is gonna be redone since it too un-Touhou-ish to me somehow.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2009, 01:13:20 PM »
Hey guess what this is! :V

That's right, it's Goliath Doll! The crazy attack Alice does against Cirno in Hisoutensoku!

Here, have a download too, but be careful, cause the doll has a collision hitbox so don't run into it while you're running around like a madman. :V

EDIT: I just noticed the cross of the swords doesn't match where the cross of the lasers appear. Oh well. Close enough.
EDIT: YouTube woot
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:22:49 PM by Blargel »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2009, 12:35:05 AM »
Ikareimu v0.6.0!

Click here to download!

Features/changes:
 - Full stage (with midboss this time, lol)
 - Sound effects
 - 5 difficulties
 - Working menu
 - Option to change how you switch polarities
 - Probably other stuff I don't remember! :V

Known issues:
 - Random crashing at the end of a stage.
 - No sound effect for "max chain" and "energy max" (not really an issue but :V)

If you don't understand the mechanics, go find an Ikaruga guide somewhere that will tell you. I don't think it's that hard to understand if you watch a video of some pro on YouTube either. Anyway, yay, 3D backgrounds. Looks a bit strange with perfectly cylindrical tree trunks, but whatever. I'm relatively happy with the way it turned out.

As usual, feedback and bug reporting is welcome.

EDIT: Oh yes, you may need a relatively decent processor to run this game. There's quite a bit of background processing going on.
EDIT2: Youtube yay
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:38:03 AM by Blargel »

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
Re: Blargel's Danmakufu Corner (Ikareimu v0.6.0 released!)
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2009, 01:56:03 AM »
Okay I'm trying the script this since I have spare time(art block due to lack of cging music) and I don't know what to do with it :V

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2009, 08:48:16 AM »
Dear god this is not stage 1. There is no fucking way this is stage 1.

I always figured that the stage you had in the demos wasn't characteristic of stage 1 difficulty... stage 1 lunatic of UFO difficulty maybe, but not stage 1. Bear in mind, this is on normal mode...and I've 1cc'd most of Touhou games on hard.

Also, you made master spark harder, you twisted little freak! XD

Anyways, I took a stroll through fuckingwhat mode, just to see what it was like. I've never played the original version of flanchan, but somehow I think this is harder. I can't last two seconds without getting hit during the boss... and I mean this in the absolute literal sense. I can't wait to see Naut's reaction.

Anyways, the stage background was good, the addition of sound effects(finally!) was very welcome, Cirno was amusing, and Marisa's new introduction was freaking sweet. For some odd reason, Marisa has a longer delay between having her HP bar depleted and declaring her spell now... hm.

The menu sound is loud. Really, really loud. Make it less loud.  :V

Addressing the alternate control schemes, I think it is absolutely awesome that you can here... but I'd like to mention something: Given that we are using Ikaruga gameplay here, it's reasonable to assume that the player is going to be using the switch colors key almost constantly... this was mentioned by someone else I talk to who has played Ikaruga, and I have to agree, you should be able to assign the switch colors key to the bomb/aimed laser thingies key, and have the bomb key go somewhere else. For instance, X is switch, and Ctrl is laser thingy. Especially this time around I have been fumbling with the switch colors key an awful lot, and this would help massively.

I'm going to be playing this some more, though. It's totally awesome.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2009, 09:37:52 AM »
Dear god this is not stage 1. There is no fucking way this is stage 1.

I always figured that the stage you had in the demos wasn't characteristic of stage 1 difficulty... stage 1 lunatic of UFO difficulty maybe, but not stage 1. Bear in mind, this is on normal mode...and I've 1cc'd most of Touhou games on hard.
Yeah, I know there's way too many bullets for a Touhou-style stage 1, but mashing together Touhou patterns with Ikaruga gameplay is a lot harder to balance than you would think. If you don't have impossible walls of bullets coming at you, there's no point for the polarity switching. If there's too many bullets, it doesn't seem like Touhou-style anymore. You gotta remember that a lot of the time, you need to realize what color it is best to switch to. For example, against Cirno, obviously it's better to be blue. Once there is a giant spam of red fairies on top of Cirno though at the very end before Marisa, it's better to become red and focus on dodging her big blue bullets instead.

Also, you made master spark harder, you twisted little freak! XD
You gotta admit, that version is a lot more Touhou-ish though. :V

Anyways, I took a stroll through fuckingwhat mode, just to see what it was like. I've never played the original version of flanchan, but somehow I think this is harder. I can't last two seconds without getting hit during the boss... and I mean this in the absolute literal sense. I can't wait to see Naut's reaction.
I can't last long either. The way I "balanced" it was by turning on invulnerability and going "Eh, there's gaps. Someone will find a way to live." Just as a side note, I've managed to actually make it to Marisa without dying on Fuckingwhat mode. She completely demolished all my lives on the first nonspell.
For some odd reason, Marisa has a longer delay between having her HP bar depleted and declaring her spell now... hm.
Yeah, I didn't want Marisa to declare immediately, but I ended up making the delay about a second too long so that it actually feels like it interrupts the battle flow. I realized this before I released this version, but it was 9am and I hadn't slept all night. I didn't want to spend another minute working on it.  :P

The menu sound is loud. Really, really loud. Make it less loud.  :V
Yes... yes it is. I really wish Danmakufu had volume control for sound. I guess I forgot about menu sounds when I was lowering the volume of the stolen ZUN sound. >:(

Addressing the alternate control schemes, I think it is absolutely awesome that you can here... but I'd like to mention something: Given that we are using Ikaruga gameplay here, it's reasonable to assume that the player is going to be using the switch colors key almost constantly... this was mentioned by someone else I talk to who has played Ikaruga, and I have to agree, you should be able to assign the switch colors key to the bomb/aimed laser thingies key, and have the bomb key go somewhere else. For instance, X is switch, and Ctrl is laser thingy. Especially this time around I have been fumbling with the switch colors key an awful lot, and this would help massively.
Darn you, picky person!  :V

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2009, 11:14:41 AM »
What the hell is up with my jaw?

Anyway, AWESOME. Cirno made me lol.

I also took a look at Fuckingwhat. With invincibility, of course.

...I doubt that even Naut can beat that. I WANT A VIDEO!

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2009, 11:57:38 AM »
BLARGEL!!!!!!!

WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME???

It's GREAT! Not to mention, this is also the best Menu Script I ever seen in my life, so much to learn from it!
Apart from that, this whole script reeks from AWESOME!!

Yes someone should make a video! And upload it to Nico too!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:36:49 PM by Solais »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2009, 01:47:14 PM »
Okay I'm trying the script this since I have spare time(art block due to lack of cging music) and I don't know what to do with it :V

What do you mean, you dunno what to do with it? Extract outside of any existing Danmakufu folder, navigate to the th_dnh folder, and run th_dnh.exe. Then go to the Stage menu and run Ikareimu. Congratulations you've installed a virus!

What the hell is up with my jaw?

Anyway, AWESOME. Cirno made me lol.

I also took a look at Fuckingwhat. With invincibility, of course.

...I doubt that even Naut can beat that. I WANT A VIDEO!
Fuckingwhat is possible. With practice. Lots of practice. And masochism.

BLARGER!!!!!!!

WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME???

It's GREAT! Not to mention, this is also the best Menu Script I ever seen in my life, so much to learn from it!
Apart from that, this whole script reeks from AWESOME!!

Yes someone should make a video! And upload it to Nico too!
Who's Blarger? :V
There's actually some redundant code in there, but I'm leaving it in just in case it's needed for the spellcard practice whenever I implement it. Still wondering what the easiest and cleanest way to do that is... Not to mention the guy who's helping me with story and spellcard ideas hasn't given me a list of spellcards either.