Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest 1 - Halloween! (Results!)  (Read 74588 times)

Re: Danmakufu Contest 1 - Halloween! (Results!)
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »
[21:19] <Naut> I think if there is another contest somewhere down the road, i think the focus should be on the danmaku
[21:20] <Naut> I wont win the next contest either, guarenteed
 :-[[21:20] <Drake> prob christmas or w/e
[21:20] <Naut> Id expect so.
[21:21] <Naut> Anyways, the focus needs to be more on danmaku

etc

No love for thanksgiving, huh.
Wait, what am I saying? Every single script would be about Yuyuko!

But that's why this needs to happen
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Re: RESULTS
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2009, 11:31:43 PM »
Onthenet's Review:
Design: 2/10
OMFGHOLYSHIT AAAAAAA WHY GOD WHY (read: entering a continue disabled/bomb disabled lunatic++ script for a normal difficulty contest is bad)

What kind of cheapshit scary boss is actually beatable the first time around!? Way to miss the point of Mystia being boring and trivial and the spider being impossible!

Useless!

@Prime 2.0:
Thanksgiving is not even close to a universal holiday. Hell, even the countries that do celebrate it don't even have it in the same month. Christmas is the next major holiday that most people know about, and thankfully doesn't change from year to year.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:36:00 PM by Naut »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2009, 11:37:06 PM »
Too late now, but...
Code: [Select]
#TouhouDanmakufu
#Title[XD]
#Text[Description]
#BackGround[User()]
#Player[FREE]
#ScriptVersion[2]

script_enemy_main {
    let BossImage = "script\img\ExRumia.png";
    let frame = -60;
    let a = 0;
    let num = 20;
    @Initialize {
        SetLife(10000);
        SetEnemyMarker(true);
        LoadGraphic(BossImage);
        SetTexture(BossImage);
        SetGraphicRect(0, 0, 64, 64);
        SetMovePosition02(GetCenterX, GetClipMinY+100, 60);
        CutIn(KOUMA,"Danmaku Sign「Made in Danmakufu」", "", 0, 0, 0, 0);
        SetScore(1000000); SetDurableSpellCard;
    }

@MainLoop {
        SetCollisionA(GetX, GetY, 32); //32 for boss, 10 for fairy
        SetCollisionB(GetX, GetY, 24);//24 for boss, 5 for fairy
        if(frame == 60) {
ascent(i in 0..10) {
ascent( j in 0..90) {
CreateShot01(GetCenterX, GetCenterY-100+(i*5)*sin(j*4), 0, 0, GREEN02, 30);
}
}
ascent( i in 0..25) {
ascent( j in 0..90) {
CreateShot01(GetCenterX-50+(i*5-20)*cos(j*4), GetCenterY+(i*5)*sin(j*4), 0, 0, ORANGE02, 30);
CreateShot01(GetCenterX+50+(i*5-20)*cos(j*4), GetCenterY+(i*5)*sin(j*4), 0, 0, ORANGE02, 30);
}
}
ascent( i in 0..20) {
ascent( j in 0..10) {
CreateShot01(GetCenterX-50+j*cos(i*9), GetCenterY-50+j*sin(i*9), 0, 0, YELLOW02, 30);
CreateShot01(GetCenterX+50+j*cos(i*9), GetCenterY-50+j*sin(i*9), 0, 0, YELLOW02, 30);
}
}
ascent(i in 0..179) {
CreateShot01(GetCenterX+30+25*cos(i), GetCenterY+50+10*sin(i), 0, 0, YELLOW02, 30);
CreateShot01(GetCenterX-30+25*cos(i), GetCenterY+50+10*sin(i), 0, 0, YELLOW02, 30);
}
        }
        frame++;
    }

@DrawLoop {
        SetTexture(BossImage);
        DrawGraphic(GetX, GetY);
    }

@Finalize {
        DeleteGraphic(BossImage);
    }
}

« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2009, 11:48:02 PM »
@Prime 2.0:
Thanksgiving is not even close to a universal holiday. Hell, even the countries that do celebrate it don't even have it in the same month. Christmas is the next major holiday that most people know about, and thankfully doesn't change from year to year.
Uh yeah this since Thanksgiving already happened here in Canada :V

Drake

« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2009, 11:52:31 PM »
srsly man

think about the canadians

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2009, 12:23:30 AM »
I didn't expect to score high or anything.  And, for not having scripted in Danmakufu for months/that only taking a couple hours... I would have done more, but I'm also busy with a large visual novel project so I didn't wanna give up too much time @_@
(And given proper homage to Orin - afterall, she is a goddamn Black Cat who ferries corpses and controls ghosts - and therefore the most 'Halloween' touhou girl to me.)

But, er...
Much better for including music, proper cut-ins, sound effects and all that jazz. Would have been better if it wasn't all taken from me and Hele lol
I hope you don't mean to imply that I took some code from you.  I built the damage/timer blip/etc manually ; but if all you meant using your rips, then nevermind me XD

Also, I did build it up based loosely around what Orin had done before to keep it feeling like an actual Orin card (I didn't intend direct cloning, but I noticed she loved somewhat irregular bullet spirals/roads, and the fairies, of course...).  Originally, the fairies she summoned were going to explode in a bloody mess rather and then stalk you as zombies... but I didn't wanna fuck with custom bullets or anything.  Again, other stuff to do.

Regardless, thanks for taking the time.  I know it sure wasn't the most inventive, but I hope it was at least solid danmaku.

EDIT: You notice there's two mindsets about what makes something Halloween?  A few were horror/monsters... and others were more candy/trickortreating... the scary vs the entertaining @_@
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:45:15 AM by Garlyle »

« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2009, 01:52:37 AM »
Almost done... gasp...

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2009, 03:25:43 AM »
Next year I'm not going to just throw in a bunch of old patterns. :V

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2009, 04:25:04 AM »
Anyways, no boobs scripts should be some kind of meme/forbidden thing or something.

« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2009, 04:30:16 AM »
Anyways, no boobs scripts should be some kind of meme/forbidden thing or something.
Nah

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2009, 04:32:13 AM »
or you could be banned from all contests forever
:V

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2009, 04:41:20 AM »
or you could be banned from all contests forever
:V
That could be good.

...Right? :V

But now, seriously. I suck at ZUN's Touhous, I suck at Danmakufu. I suck at DRAWING, too!
So what can I NOT suck at?... Besides sucking, of courses...

I mean, look, this picture should not see the light of day.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:45:15 AM by AlwaysThe⑨ »

« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2009, 04:56:52 AM »

But now, seriously. I suck at ZUN's Touhous, I suck at Danmakufu. I suck at DRAWING, too!
So what can I NOT suck at?... Besides sucking, of courses...

I mean, look, this picture should not see the light of day.

heh, you havent seen me draw...

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2009, 05:00:06 AM »
heh, you havent seen me draw...
sprite suwako. now.

« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2009, 05:03:32 AM »
Bros, we're not in CPMC here, try to keep it on topic.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2009, 08:30:22 AM »
I am suprised I won by a few points on Stuffman and Thaws, as my Danmaku was nowhere near impressive. Even if many people kept on hammering: "userX will win for sure" I had the feeling it was going to be a close call between scripters. I played the scripts and was amazed by them. I focussed all of my time on effects and script structuring to learn and push my skills further beyond. Which will come very handy in my own full game.

Unfortunate I doubt I will join any competition in the future (Christmas was being spoken in the above posts). What I have seen on IRC yesterday was not enjoyable and quite sad. I rather spend my time on something else then.

Oh yea, probably many people will take this post as: "Easy to say from a winner bla bla bla. Acting all like this and that blabla." 

Take it as you want. "The Oni is out"

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2009, 09:15:05 AM »
LACK OF BOOBS SAVED ME.

I can't believe Onthenet actually did that :V
Obviously it was lack of MAN that did you in!
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »
Wow. Thanks for giving me the 3rd place!
Congratulations to the other winners as well!
Thanks the Judges for their time too.

Effects and stuff are simply not my thing... I enjoy making the danmaku pattern more. :P It feels awesome when you succeed in making something you had in mind. (Like that :V card, Getting the sequence of things to happen right was quite difficult :()
My danmaku don't feel like danmaku at times because it's so gimmicky, I tried making more danmaku-ish danmaku but they just don't turn out that great. (One of the reasons I can't make good non spells is I feel that non spells shouldn't be very gimmicky but I only make gimmicky spells all the time :( )
I'm glad my script is entertaining. Looking forward to the next contest, hope I'll have time to participate/I'll still have enough creativity to make some whatthehecklol cards. :P
Though it feels like this "creativity" I have is just trying to making shapes out of danmaku. :x XD
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 09:37:08 AM by Thaws »

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2009, 10:19:19 AM »
Skelekin
By kyle_090594

Naut's Review:

Haha, love the custom boss sprite. Complete with left and right movements, as well as a synchronized attacking animation! Very nice. The danmaku, while not really original at all, was still pretty fun to play. What the hell was up with the background though? Haha, you could've found a less eyebleeding picture to tile all over the place. You're gonna lose points for the music though, it's not really that fitting other than during the "Great Whirlwind" spell lookalike.
Design: 4/10
Nothing very original at all, but oddly fun to play.
Theme: 9/10
Can't get much more halloweeny than a clusterfuck of pumpkins! Too bad your danmaku didn't reflect any sort of halloween theme. Even orange and black bullets would've bumped this to a 9.5, even 10.
Style: 7/10
BGM wasn't very well matched, and the pumpkin tiling was just gross. Your custom sprite is what's earning you points here, it was awesome.

Total: 20/30
A different background choice would've been a big factor in earning more points. Also, try to make more original danmaku, slightly editing Drake and Iryan's isn't really going to cut it.

Onthenet's Review:

Design: 5/10
Nonspells were a bit plain. First spell was based off of the tutorial, but still fun. Second spell was extremely easy or extremely hard depending on difficulty, and didn't really have a gimmick at all. Pretty mathetmatical designs are better used for nonspells if you can't theme it well.
Theme: 7/10
Nice pumpkin theme, but attacks didn't really show that off enough.
Style: 5/10
BGM wasn't too fitting, and background was very distracting to the point where it actually made the danmaku harder. Custom sprite was awesome though.

Total: 17/30

Drake's Review:

Design: 6/10
Even though it's obviously an experiment, I still liked it, for a newbie. Except next time, don't make it so obvious that you ripped off my cycloid functions lol (The last card is fairly well-executed, even still)
Pumpkins, music is Halloweeny, etc.
Style: 6/10
Background is killing my eyes, don't do that. Making pictures yourself = points, danmaku is still pretty.

Total: 19/30

Combined Total: 56/90

Honestly... I wasn't even expecting getting higher than half...

I didn't mean for the spells to be/seem to be rips from the tutorials and other people's work... I wasn't even thinking of the Great Whirlwind there... I was just thinking "Ohhh, the cycloids could possibly wall someone, I should make then shrink from time-to-time..." so I made them rotate... thinking back... I think I should've made them move diagonally also, instead of just vertically down... I actually got the cycloid and trochoid codes from random math sites in the internet.  :P

For the BGM, I was trying to take something creepy-ish, but still epic at some parts... I guess I really should've thought of something else.

Really sorry about the background... I know I should've taken that out and just replace it with something else...

Thanks for liking the custom sprites. ;D

Congrats to the winners!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:57:21 PM by kyle_090594 »
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2009, 12:36:36 PM »
I wanted to add things to the background of my script to make it seem like one of those cheesy haunted house rides (like, say, cardboard cutouts of a vampire Parsee or mummy Yuugi popping out on springs before the fight) but I ran short of time. I tried to keep it kind of goofy by having Yamame pop out of the skull and casually tossing it aside. :V

Oh well, I'm pleased with the results regardless. Helepolis has a talent for making scripts with top-notch visuals.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2009, 01:02:03 PM »
Though visuals is not everything, but it sure adds to the feeling of a game. Someone teach me proper math so I can atleast create some decent danmaku patterns.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »
I can't believe Onthenet actually did that :V
Obviously it was lack of MAN that did you in!
:V Not man.ly enough eh?
I can live with that :D

Edit: Actually, then, the MAN should have won the contest, then.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:08:26 PM by AlwaysThe⑨ »

« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2009, 10:20:12 PM »
Yamame's Heart-Pounding Danmaku Thrill Ride
By Stuffman

Naut's Review:

Theme: 6.5/10
Where's the emphisis on halloween!? Scary scripts are great and I guess it'll keep you in the halloween mood, but there really isn't much here that's actually telling of halloween itself. Even mentioning it in the dialogue would've helped!

Total: 26/30
More emphasis on halloween, rather than just Yamame and her spideriness, would've made this script amazing!

I facepalmed. Overlooking Kisume in a tick or treat pumpkin basket, the script was submerged in the sort of cheesy scary that defines the Halloween atmosphere; and spiders and cobwebs fit that theme as well. Not to mention the part where a bunch of wolf spiders pour out of a skull that screams at you! Just because it doesn't explicitly say that it is Halloween doesn't mean its not, and there is more than enough stuff that already clues you in to that fact that outright saying "this is Halloween" might have ruined it, IMO.

I wanted to add things to the background of my script to make it seem like one of those cheesy haunted house rides (like, say, cardboard cutouts of a vampire Parsee or mummy Yuugi popping out on springs before the fight) but I ran short of time.

Now that you do have the time, why not make a second release with that stuff in? I'd really love to see that.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2009, 09:13:32 AM »
Nah it's fine, it's true, the spider danmaku was themed about something Yamame is already associated with. So yeah it's not true halloween imagery.

Now that you do have the time, why not make a second release with that stuff in? I'd really love to see that.

Not really worth updating since I doubt it'll make people want to play it a second time, but I can certainly make a doodle on the subject.

Also, unstickied. I have an idea for the next contest that I'll bring up with the other judges soon.

« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2009, 12:57:17 AM »
Not really worth updating since I doubt it'll make people want to play it a second time
I've been playing it on a fairly regular basis, though I doubt that'll change your mind. I just really want to see this! XD

Also, unstickied. I have an idea for the next contest that I'll bring up with the other judges soon.
Will we get to see this idea any time soon? Certainly a longer development period would be good so that the scripts could have more polish...(like what you were planning on doing)

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2009, 09:39:47 AM »
Congratulation to Helepolis, Stuffman and Thaws ;)

Halloween Event
By Nimble

Naut's Review:

Excellent custom graphics, nice sprite animating. The difficulty might be a bit excessive for most people though, which leads me to recommend making a second, easier difficulty. The danmaku was pretty inventive, and the script was fairly fun to play. I liked your danmaku pumpkins. A little more creativity could've gone into those regular attacks, and the difficulty is really tearing away at the creativity of the spellcards...
Design: 6.5/10
Difficulty might be too excessive for most people. Also, the random circle of lasers is pretty walltastic. The pumpkin danmaku and creative use of the giant pumpkin in the background are earning you points here.
Other than a giant pumpkin in the background (and some pumpkin shaped danmaku on the last spell), the only thing making this halloweeny is the copious amount of orange. Which is enough to get you some points, but you could've done better I think.
Your custom sprite and cut in is very nice, but other than that there isn't much garnish. The BGM doesn't really suit the script (or a halloween script for that matter), and the background is just a giant pumpkin. Could've been improved, methinks.

Total: 19.5/30
Seemed too thrown together. The danmaku left something to be desired, but what that lacked the graphical nuances picked up on. Try to make the script less messy looking, and use a different BGM, something other than rips from the official games.

Onthenet's Review:

Design: 4/10
Very very difficult for what you would call normal. Nonspells seemed like random spam attacks. Laser attack was completely wall-tacular.
Theme: 5/10
Yet another pumpkin themed boss. Could have been emphasized more.
Style: 5/10
Custom graphics and giant pumpkin are awesome. BGM didn't fit at all though.

Total: 14/30

Drake's Review:

Design: 3/10
Random monotonous shit flying around everywhere = bad. The pumpkin eye-lasers could have been cool but you kind of ruined it by having the player bomb every second wave. The second card had those neat thing at the bottom, but you realy can't avoid anything here. Same as Alwaysthe9, don't make cards that require you to bomb every two seconds.
Theme: 6/10
Halloweeny, but still somewhat bland.
Is that an OC? The art is nice, animation is nice too. Giant pumpkin in the middle of the screen was pretty cool too but it was kind of ruined by the danmaku. Music... I guess I'm just not one for U.N.Owen. Didn't really fit.

Total: 15/30

Combined Total: 48.5

Drake > Is that an OC?
Yes, Reizend Cherish is my mascot sister. Playful girl ;)

Wow, I don't expect to get this high point cause nothing but random in my script.
It's really fair. I'll do much more better than random next time!

Only two things that are not random are ..... aiming eye-beam in Jack Field and two-step lockon shot in both non spell attack. How shame.

Something about my entry.
--- Massive random shot at the top in regular attack is her trick to hide herself and her HP bar.
If you play non-homing charecter. Without enemy target indicator, you'll get this problem. (I really want to make a bat instead of bullet...)
Second attack will be much more deadly because you can't seek for her and bullet at the same area.
Some bullet will change their direction toward you too.
--- At first time, I try to create Pumpkin eye in Jack Field too. Its eye will looking for you before fire its laser, by useing Bullet21 aiming in its eye, stationary. But if I stay close to its eye. I got free 10+ graze every second. So I leave this eye idea. (I've to learn more about Object...)

..... I just mention that my entry is Pumpkin Danmaku :'(

PS : Moving to try other entry script :V