Author Topic: RaNGE Danmaku Contest 14 ~ Popular Popularity!  (Read 47935 times)

Re: RaNGE Danmaku Contest 14 ~ Popular Popularity!
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2015, 12:12:26 PM »
Here's the updated version
https://www.mediafire.com/?93d1da377v3smn3
I delete the old one btw~
and it's still unfinished
a little bit harder than before, or maybe more

Important Notes
- Life bar & time counter on left bottom
- You will be only given 5 lives
- You can choose your own player
- ogg music files
- 4 nonspells 3 spells
- No new spellcard / nonspell, just fixing stuffs, adding more effects~
- First BGM, EastNewSound - MindRain (instrumental), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDxsmJKaBMs
- Second BGM (not played in script), IOSYS - Darkness and Light, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms3vTwhI0zs
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:03:19 PM by Vigor »

Python

• Plains of Chi-u have no end.
  • They are boundless and last forever.
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2015, 01:14:07 PM »
And here it is, my submission for RaNGE 14 featuring more koh than any other script. <shot>
Terrible puns such as this one aside though, you'll find it here on BulletForge. Feedback is highly appreciated. It should run without any errors, as SpectralNexus and I have thoroughly tested it and it runs perfectly fine for both of us. Do report any bugs if you happen to encounter any and, if applicable, provide a screenshot and/or a video showcasing the bug.
Have a look at my truly scrumptious scripts!.

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2015, 03:23:12 PM »
And here it is, my submission for RaNGE 14 featuring more koh than any other script. <shot>
Terrible puns such as this one aside though, you'll find it here on BulletForge. Feedback is highly appreciated. It should run without any errors, as SpectralNexus and I have thoroughly tested it and it runs perfectly fine for both of us. Do report any bugs if you happen to encounter any and, if applicable, provide a screenshot and/or a video showcasing the bug.

I played as Mokou in this and holy Kanako was it funny.
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2015, 06:46:45 PM »
10 Days Remaining!

I hope you're all progressing well on your entries! Remember to get some feedback from some test players to make sure everything is working, and good luck!

As a reminder, we may have a 24 hour post-stream leniency period like with RaNGE 13, but don't count on it. Get your entries the way you want them before the deadline! Additionally, please remember that .ogg is preferred over .mp3 for music (due to superior support with Danmakufu). If Danmakufu freezes during the stream, it's not going to look good~

TTBD

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2015, 11:04:22 PM »
Alright, it didn't take me long to finish but here it is: Rumia

Btw, if you wonder what them Gray Icicles are doing there, it's a reference to EX Rumia and her swords.
It also contains a last word, but i'm not sure if it counts or not since it's a slightly different character. (The last word was only optional, if you want to play it you can, otherwise exit the script once the red explosion appears).

Have fun, everyone~!  :D

The last word is EX Rumia
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:18:18 PM by auto2112 »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2015, 02:17:16 AM »
otherwise exit the script once the red explosion appears).

If the script does not automatically close upon completion, you have a problem on your hands that you will want to solve before the deadline.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2015, 02:26:03 AM »
If the script does not automatically close upon completion, you have a problem on your hands that you will want to solve before the deadline.
Not that this would lead to a disqualification, but it may be docked points.

TTBD

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2015, 07:32:01 AM »

It does finish automatically, it's just that when you beat the boss it activates a last word.

Python

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2015, 01:04:53 PM »
Maybe have the Last Word only be triggered, if a certain condition is met. Say, if the player doesn't die throughout the fight or something.

Drake

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2015, 05:13:26 PM »
Normally something like that would be suggested, but if you want the Last Word to be part of what's judged, then don't make it available only under certain circumstances. Otherwise it makes it unnecessarily cumbersome for judges to seek out. I suggest either putting it in or not; or at least make it a separate bonus thing if you don't want it judged.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2015, 09:01:24 PM »
Normally something like that would be suggested, but if you want the Last Word to be part of what's judged, then don't make it available only under certain circumstances. Otherwise it makes it unnecessarily cumbersome for judges to seek out. I suggest either putting it in or not; or at least make it a separate bonus thing if you don't want it judged.

Exactly. If you want it to be judged, then either leave the Single script in a place where it can easily be found (and please write a note on Bulletforge AND in the #Text for the script) and/or have it always play/provide an easy way to access it.

TTBD

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2015, 10:00:18 PM »
Okay, i'll change it now: I'll just put it as a separate. single script.  :derp:

EDIT: I have updated it, you can download the new version now (and it is tested).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:38:47 PM by auto2112 »

Conarnar

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Python

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »
Script updated to version 1.1. I fixed the bug where the hitbox becomes very opaque after dying. I also changed a few things here and there and completely redesigned the first spell.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2015, 07:40:39 AM »
My entry for RaNGE 14. No background right now, and I certainly don't intend on doing a 3D one.

edit: whoops, realized that the A-Q said that the midboss could be any Touhou character. Well, do I have to change mine?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:06:05 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »
My entry for RaNGE 14. No background right now, and I certainly don't intend on doing a 3D one.

edit: whoops, realized that the A-Q said that the midboss could be any Touhou character. Well, do I have to change mine?
If it's not a Touhou or Touhou Fangame(as in currently released), yes.

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2015, 05:22:43 PM »

Not that it matters for me this time, but for future reference would you consider Seihou or Len'en as acceptable?

While I'm making a post, I might as well say; here is the semi-final version of my script as soon as I get home. I say semi-final because, short of some game breaking bug, I won't be updating it any more until Sparen's stream.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:28:28 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2015, 06:15:08 PM »

Screw it, I'm not putting the midboss in the final version unless someone really wants it.

Edit: made it toggleable at the start of the stage.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:43:27 PM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »
Not that it matters for me this time, but for future reference would you consider Seihou or Len'en as acceptable?

While I'm making a post, I might as well say; I'm putting out the semi-final version of my script as soon as I get home. I say semi-final because, short of some game breaking bug, I won't be updating it any more until Sparen's stream.
No for both, while they're Touhou-like they would not count. Except maybe VIVIT being having contact with Reimu and Marisa.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2015, 12:32:45 AM »
A reminder that I am no longer a judge for this contest (even if I'm organizing the submissions/video post)

For future reference, PhantomSong is in charge of all the contest guidelines, including what is and is not acceptable. Please do not PM me about rules and is-this-allowed inquiries because I will just redirect you to PhantomSong.

And yes, the current judges are in the Opening Post, and the Stream is my opinions of your script, not an official judging (though the stream WILL be on Youtube and will most-likely be watched by a number of judges and other participants).

My stream will still be a blind run of your scripts, however. Any crashing/freezing of Danmakufu will be permanently enshrined on Youtube.

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2015, 09:06:31 AM »

For future reference, PhantomSong is in charge of all the contest guidelines, including what is and is not acceptable
Was I ever not?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »
Was I ever not?

I kept getting PMs on what was and was not allowed. :|

« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2015, 01:42:53 PM »
My entry is all finished~
5 Spells and 3 Nonspells (2 new spells, with some changes to nonspells & spells)
https://www.mediafire.com/?7hp3c697xrsozvh

Important Notes
- The shot script has been changed, so take caution
- The fifth/last spell is a survival spell, and it's capture-able (no, I'm not lying)
- The song has been changed, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljQ1dIIxbrs
- There's no last word or anything hidden, so no need to worry about that~
- The rest still the same as before (5 lives, lifebar & time counter on bottom left, choose your own player, ogg music)

Edit : Just realized I forgot to remove "//" in Boss.txt
Just wait a moment, I will fix the link above

Edit : Done fixing the link~
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:39:58 PM by Vigor »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2015, 03:02:07 AM »
Vigor, just a question but...

Why don't you use Bulletforge? I ask because it's easier to keep track of versions using Bulletforge, and you can take advantage of Bulletforge's relative paths so that everyone always gets the latest version.

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2015, 05:48:15 AM »
Vigor, just a question but...

Why don't you use Bulletforge? I ask because it's easier to keep track of versions using Bulletforge, and you can take advantage of Bulletforge's relative paths so that everyone always gets the latest version.

I tried to log in to BulletForge a few days ago and....
I remembered my user name, but forgot my password....
So I don't know how to deal with it so I'm just posting here....

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2015, 02:07:19 PM »
It has come to my attention that since I am no longer in charge of judging, I can't randomly add a 24 grace period after the stream for updates to entries. Therefore, if the other judges decide that there will be no grace period after the stream, I will move the stream up one day to July 30, around 18-27 hours before the deadline.

This way, I will be able to give feedback on submitted scripts so that the creators may tweak and/or upgrade their scripts. Of course, the stream would no longer be the de facto deadline, and you would all be able to submit until the deadline imposed by PhantomSong. You simply wouldn't get feedback from the stream.

Basically, I have two options for the stream:
July 31: If there is no grace period for updates, the version I play in-stream will be the version that is judged by ExPorygon, Talos, and Lunar, and I will play every contest entry that has been submitted. If there is a grace period (like with RaNGE 13), you will have 24 hours after the end of the stream to use the feedback from the stream to update your script.
July 30: The version of your script I play in-stream is not necessarily final, and you may edit or submit after the conclusion of the stream until the contest deadline. However, I will not be able to play all entries that are submitted - I will only be able to play those that are submitted before the deadline.

If you want to comment on this, please do it via PM or via Skype. My schedule may have to be tweaked depending on the date chosen.

EDIT: I will not be streaming at all - ExPorygon will be. I will send each of you an individual review.

P.S. Please get your submissions in.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:45:06 PM by Sparen »

BobTheTanuki

• Ph3?
  • What is it?
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2015, 02:46:48 PM »
ARGH
3 DAYS LEFT
Time went fast :V

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2015, 09:14:09 PM »
Well, as good of a time as any to celebrate that Yuuka is still in the top 20 by making a short little boss fight  :V

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2015, 03:13:53 AM »
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sariel/p/range-14-popular-popularity-contest-entry/v/10-fixed

Once the contest is over I might update my script with a stage. For now a midboss will have to do, deal with it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:45:56 AM by Sariel »

« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2015, 05:48:02 AM »
Here's the last and latest version, the 4th one
Won't update it anymore until further notice after judging....
https://www.mediafire.com/?3fty7dnklpr7ert

What's the difference
- Total remake for nonspells, somehow it becomes easier than before
- A little bit easier for spell 1
- Less denser spell 2
- Changing shots in spell 3
- Total remake for last spell, still a survival spellcard