Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (Judging Complete!)  (Read 47380 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Contest: Contradictory Catastrophe!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 02:53:40 PM »
so i can basically slap any character with any ability....I Dont Even.  ???

do I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllly have to use pre6? :L , my players wont work for pre6

Wait, upgrading to a new version of Danmakufu broke your player characters?

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 08:11:20 PM »
I'm gonna participate using Cirno for the boss. My script will probably be very bad, as I have only just started using danmakufu ph3 about a month ago and I can't really make anything that looks great, but at least I'll have fun with it.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2015, 10:15:22 PM »
I'm gonna participate using Cirno for the boss. My script will probably be very bad, as I have only just started using danmakufu ph3 about a month ago and I can't really make anything that looks great, but at least I'll have fun with it.

Having fun is the important part! Pass it through a bunch of beta-testers for feedback - you will learn quite a bit about how to improve your work that way.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2015, 11:58:27 AM »
I'm calling dibs on Rumia Patchy before anyone else can. Probably in the same position as ArbitaryRage up there. Only thing I've made in Danmakufu so far is a player script and the first non-spell for my submission.

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2015, 12:25:12 PM »
Well, since "first script"-type entries are apparently allowed, I'll take the Rumia&Mystia.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2015, 03:55:39 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT

Please show non-EoSD characters some love. -_-
There's what, PCB, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC...

There are plenty of characters to choose from, you know. Don't have to stick with the classics.

Regardless, I am now posting notes on restricted characters as well as submission format.

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2015, 04:13:15 PM »
Oh, hey, I guess I didn't say it clearly enough. I'm using Ran and Chen. I'll probably use Yukari as a midboss and/or in a cameo and/or something as well.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2015, 04:49:25 PM »
I'm calling dibs on Rumia Patchy before anyone else can. Probably in the same position as ArbitaryRage up there. Only thing I've made in Danmakufu so far is a player script and the first non-spell for my submission.

P.S. What should we call you for judging purposes :)

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2015, 07:13:51 PM »
P.S. What should we call you for judging purposes :)
I go by HopeMetal in a lot of places, so you could use that.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2015, 07:17:27 PM »
I go by HopeMetal in a lot of places, so you could use that.
That's easier. Thanks.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2015, 08:14:30 PM »
Dibs on Orin.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 11:34:21 AM »
I'll try to do something with Letty and Lily.

-You should release on Bulletforge. If you decide to release your script on Mediafire, it is your responsibility to deal with making sure that the link under 'participants' is the version you wish to be judged.
I promise, I'll use Bulletforge this time ><

edit:
We are obliged to fight the two bosses at the same time? Or we can make one boss and the second boss after?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:10:34 PM by Lefkada »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 07:08:18 PM »
I'll try to do something with Letty and Lily.
I promise, I'll use Bulletforge this time ><

We are obliged to fight the two bosses at the same time? Or we can make one boss and the second boss after?

At the same time. Unless one is a mid boss, in which case it should have the mid boss attack limits.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 12:32:14 AM »
herpaderpa, now that it can be one, I'm coolio with this.... I'd just take out the "two is recommended"

Also why no PC98 characters, why you hate on the meema
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:37:48 AM by PhantomSong »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 12:51:17 AM »
herpaderpa, now that it can be one, I'm coolio with this.... I'd just take out the "two is recommended"

Also why no PC98 characters, why you hate on the meema

Because the Charming Meemon is a Dima.

And dual-bosses tend to bring out more interesting things, especially when their abilities are as screwed up as much as in a contest like this

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 01:57:35 AM »
If it's not too late, I'd like to change my entry from Ran and Chen to Marisa.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 03:01:20 AM »
I would like to have my entry changed from Cirno to the duo of Cirno and Sakuya. I have come up with something that may or may not turn out to be amazing.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
TresserT, Arbitrary Rage: Acknowledged.

Sine the roster is mainly for my use, it doesn't really matter what bosses you 'claim' - as long as you have decided what you are going to do for the contest, it's fine. Then again, it's best to choose characters that someone else hasn't chosen, so that the chances of judges seeing two of the same thing is lower.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 08:29:32 PM »
I've been reading and wonder: No idea how you folks try to judge this, but sounds like a difficult task. I hope there won't be negative judgement just because a character has appeared X-number of times. Same goes for someone who gets overly positive judgement because picked a "unique" subjective character. Or in other words: Biased judgement should be avoid, regardless of the choice.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 08:39:49 PM »
I've been reading and wonder: No idea how you folks try to judge this, but sounds like a difficult task. I hope there won't be negative judgement just because a character has appeared X-number of times. Same goes for someone who gets overly positive judgement because picked a "unique" subjective character. Or in other words: Biased judgement should be avoid, regardless of the choice.
There won't be negative or biased judgement if multiple people choose the same boss(es) - it comes down to quality of the danmaku and creativity after all. Personally, I just don't want to end up with RaNGE 10 Reimu syndrome where there were like 10 Reimu bosses and I was sick and tired of Reimu by the end of it.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 09:26:40 PM »
That is exactly what I mean though: A judge is a judge, even if you have to see 1000 Reimu's you need to keep the same pose/attitude towards them and judge according to "requirements". While you can encourage people to pick different characters, discouraging to not pick the same because it happens to be their favourite is kind of iffy.

I am pretty sure that Olympic Figure Skating with mandatory movement (where they have to do a number of mandatory things in between) is also pretty much "getting sick of it". Not saying there will be biased judging but noting the rules for the contest and requirements, I would personally have a hard time judging this. So I am curious how it is going to turn out.

If 1000 Reimu's happen then we're going to have trouble keeping the Youkai residence alive :V

Edit: Unless the Reimu in this contest isn't exterminating them but multi---- Oh my  :X
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:28:14 PM by Helepolis »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2015, 09:47:49 PM »
~~~Announcement~~~

Miransu has joined the judges, and some of the rules have been unambiguated.

Helepolis: That last comment spawned some very... interesting conversation. ^_^ But yes, thanks for saying that. You have a point about required repetitiveness.

EDIT: COUNTDOWN CLOCK!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:44:16 AM by Sparen »

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2015, 11:31:17 PM »
http://img110.xooimage.com/files/a/0/2/teaser-49b48b7.png
First stuff for CC Contest.
There is only one boss here but the second will come later in the fight.

Image is over 500kb, think of the poor mobile users. Don't img tag such large images please. -Hele
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 10:47:06 AM by Helepolis »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2015, 11:46:03 PM »

The resolution of that text looks very poor. You may want to consider obtaining a higher resolution/larger image and scale it down if you are using images for the text. Same for the difficulty. Additionally, you may want to consider text objects if you are not yet using them, since they are vector based rather than pixel based.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 10:07:25 AM »
Is the stg frame Seija flipped or something? Because the lives and spells looks kinda flipped
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 11:28:15 AM »
Quote from: Sparen
The resolution of that text looks very poor. You may want to consider obtaining a higher resolution/larger image and scale it down if you are using images for the text. Same for the difficulty. Additionally, you may want to consider text objects if you are not yet using them, since they are vector based rather than pixel based.
I doubled the text resolution. The difference is not evident but it's seems better on the difficulty text. Thanks.
http://img110.xooimage.com/files/4/3/9/spoiler-49b5a26.png

Quote from: Lunarethic
Is the stg frame Seija flipped or something? Because the lives and spells looks kinda flipped
Not Seija stg frame. The lives and spells are cutsom (or it only based on modified bullets at least).
And the lives/spell count start from the right and not form the left like in Zun games (maybe that's what you mean by "flipped").

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »
I doubled the text resolution. The difference is not evident but it's seems better on the difficulty text. Thanks.

Looks significantly less blurry. You're welcome.

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2015, 08:18:58 PM »
Hello  :), Bob had already tell about me, yes, I'm his friend, that will write on 0.12m. I promise that I will study ph3 soon. I really want to take part of it. I will make Fujiwara and Kaguya :D
Sorry, Ich kann nicht I don't know English well :(