Author Topic: Incident Causer Mayhem! (Danmaku Contest)  (Read 51170 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Incident Causer Mayhem! (Danmaku Contest)
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »
I'll post here to clarify that I will indeed be participating as a judge. I think I'll even livestream my first impressions much like Drake once did once the deadline is reached.

If you do, please make sure to save the stream somewhere and preferably upload to Youtube. That way I can link to your stream from my videos.

« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2014, 07:24:36 PM »
Sparen> Your Kanako is really good and really fun. My favorite at this time.
But in Hard there is maybe some little bugs on the last nonspell (I think). When Kanako go on the right/left edge on the screen, a part of the bullets are'nt spawned and it make the nonspell easier than the normal version.

Conarnar

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2014, 07:27:10 PM »
I improved the quality of my entry. I might made a few more changes.
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/conarnar/p/the-emptiness-of-yuyuko-icm-contest/v/11
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:02:45 PM by Conarnar »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2014, 07:43:40 PM »
Sparen> Your Kanako is really good and really fun. My favorite at this time.
But in Hard there is maybe some little bugs on the last nonspell (I think). When Kanako go on the right/left edge on the screen, a part of the bullets are'nt spawned and it make the nonspell easier than the normal version.

It happens in both Normal and Hard, and since they're all aimed anyways, I don't think there is a difficulty change. I can fix it though.

EDIT: Uploaded updated version
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:55:06 PM by Sparen »

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2014, 02:06:02 AM »
I wonder who this could be... !!

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2014, 11:46:41 PM »
All finished. Here's my entry.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:03:42 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2014, 02:02:40 AM »
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/100-sun-studios/p/yuyuko-saigyouji-icm-entry/v/1001c

This one fixes the tasking errors and bullet problems that bugged the last one. If anyone finds any other bugs or errors, please let me know.

SusiKette

• @MainLoop { yield; }
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2014, 06:09:54 AM »
I want give you some feed back but I think is missing some files :(

I found no lib/SHOT_REPLACE/shot_replace.dnh in your script and there is no sutch file in the default danmakufu folder.

I forgot to mentoin that you need the CtC shot replace:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7xq88crfst1r1u5

I guess I should add that to the project description in bulletforge.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 06:27:47 AM by Yukkuri_Yukkuri_Yukkuri »

« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2014, 12:44:49 PM »
1000-sun-studio> I found no bugs (even I found the player hitbox a bit... strange)  but... it's harder than the first version isn't it?

TresserT> Good Kanako. The fight is interesting but it's HAAAAAARD. Even in the easiest mode. But it's cool and good looking (and the last spell is good but a bit too long I think)

Yukkuri_Yukkuri_Yukkuri> I guess you must add that to the description. And add an explanation for how to add this shot replace (put this in a lib folder in the danmakufu main forlder). It's explained nowhere and it's not evident ^^
The script isn't bad but a bit too random and hard (thanks to the 0.12m debug key). Randoms lasers in the second nonspell ruin the pattern looking I think. And they are not really dangerous.
And Remilia have a lot of life and some nonspell are loooooong (and I use an overcheated player with a overcheated bomb... and it's not sufficient ><).
(sorry for my bad english).

And it's unrelated with this contest but anyone can open a contest like this of it's only reserved to some people (like PhantomSong)?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2014, 01:18:21 PM »
And it's unrelated with this contest but anyone can open a contest like this of it's only reserved to some people (like PhantomSong)?

Contests are free to be run by anybody. All that we (moderation team) request is serious dedication whoever wishes to hold one. Meaning you're responsible for a good contest from begin until the end.

There is no specific approval rule or conditions to be met (yet). As soon as I notice structured post with rules/deadlines and people who show interest, I'll sticky the thread. From there it is left to the community to figure it out.

The only preferred "rule" would be perhaps 1 contest at a time because making dnh scripts takes time and spamming contests might be overburdening the people.

SusiKette

• @MainLoop { yield; }
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2014, 01:46:48 PM »
Randoms lasers in the second nonspell ruin the pattern looking I think. And they are not really dangerous.

The lasers are supposed to limit your movement. I guess I should add something to prevent you from getting out of the way so easily (or completely replace them).

And Remilia have a lot of life and some nonspell are loooooong (and I use an overcheated player with a overcheated bomb... and it's not sufficient ><).

I did set Remilia's damage rate for bombs pretty low. I didn't want players to "bomb through" the attacks. I take bombs as a way to escape death rather than a attack that takes like ~75% of the boss's health. I guess I could make some of the attacks shorter. I'll see what I can do before the deadline.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2014, 02:19:24 PM »
I forgot to mentoin that you need the CtC shot replace:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7xq88crfst1r1u5

I guess I should add that to the project description in bulletforge.
It would be even better if you had just included it in your script to begin with instead of having players download a separate file.

I would also like to reiterate that when it comes time for judging if your script doesn't run for any reason it will likely be disqualified so be extra careful. Do not use absolute file paths and do not use libraries and shot sheets that are not included with the script or at the very least linked somewhere that we can see.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2014, 03:27:13 PM »
This feels like that one Rika contest where half the contestants had used CtC replace script but expected it to work fine when distributing :V

Contestants should take good note of ExPorygon's message.

Secret Agent Tip: Tests your download on another computer/laptop.

kirbio

• Leader of Team αlternative Σnding
  • Or is it...?
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »
Surprise! :P

Wild Unexpected Contest Entry Appeared!
(Nah just kidding,I tell Phantomsong since the start that I'm participate,but keep it secret as surprise! XD)
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/kirbio/p/incident-causer-mayhem-resubterranean-animism/v/100a

Now have fun,everyone ^^

SusiKette

• @MainLoop { yield; }
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2014, 04:07:10 PM »
Updated!
I included the shot replace to the script and made most of the attacks easier on hard. I also replaced the lasers in the second non-spell attack with something else and decreased Remilia's health a little bit.
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/baka94/p/incident-causer-mayhem-remilia/v/111

« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2014, 09:53:10 PM »
1000-sun-studio> I found no bugs (even I found the player hitbox a bit... strange)  but... it's harder than the first version isn't it?

Thanks for the feedback. If the current version wound up more difficult, then I would like to apologize.

Not to sound a bit childish, but tbh I'm a bit unclear where to redirect my efforts. Is there any point in the script  where the difficulty was unfair, or where it took away from the script? Are there any specific spells/nonspells that need re-balancing or patterns that need re-worked?

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
I'll drop this in.
Any scripts that uses absolute pathing WILL have a high chance of being disqualified. So please use relative pathing.
Our moderator Helepolis has made a mini-tutorial on pathing and directories. a long time ago and it applies to both .12m and PH3. Please use it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:53:01 PM by PhantomSong »

« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2014, 10:59:35 PM »
Quote from: 1000-sun-studio
Not to sound a bit childish, but tbh I'm a bit unclear where to redirect my efforts. Is there any point in the script  where the difficulty was unfair, or where it took away from the script? Are there any specific spells/nonspells that need re-balancing or patterns that need re-worked?
Nope. Difficulty is very good like that. I only lose one or two lives on a run. I just notice that's a bit harder than the previous version. But no difficulty problem and no unfair. Your script is really good on this point.

Quote from: Helepolis
Contests are free to be run by anybody. All that we (moderation team) request is serious dedication whoever wishes to hold one. Meaning you're responsible for a good contest from begin until the end.

There is no specific approval rule or conditions to be met (yet). As soon as I notice structured post with rules/deadlines and people who show interest, I'll sticky the thread. From there it is left to the community to figure it out.

The only preferred "rule" would be perhaps 1 contest at a time because making dnh scripts takes time and spamming contests might be overburdening the people.
Thanks for the answer.
Oh and I don't make a contest right now. I know that multiple constest at the same time doesn't work well :/
I'll wait a while before I try to make a contest.

« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2014, 11:05:19 PM »
Nope. Difficulty is very good like that. I only lose one or two lives on a run. I just notice that's a bit harder than the previous version. But no difficulty problem and no unfair. Your script is really good on this point.

I see. Glad you enjoyed it.

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2014, 02:10:01 AM »
I'll note one more thing. I will make an official post when entries will no long accepted.

which means entries 2 second late will be accepted, however entries 1 second late will be immediately disqualified

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2014, 02:28:34 AM »
I'll note one more thing. I will make an official post when entries will no long accepted.

Regarding videos I do: I will be making videos of all FINAL versions. This means that if either I or you, the scripter, are not satisfied with the script once entries are due, I will be willing to do a video of a new version released AFTER JUDGING HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

Preferably, I would like to make videos of all scripts that I have not rejected for whatever reason that are of the version submitted for the contest.

[On this note, I will be retesting a number of scripts/ranting at participants to fix bugs that ruin the player's experience]

Conarnar

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2014, 03:40:13 AM »
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:17:45 AM by Conarnar »

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2014, 03:50:01 AM »
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/100-sun-studios/p/yuyuko-saigyouji-icm-entry/v/1010c

Fixed a few more last-minute errors, including (0,0) spawning on Non03 and adjusting curve rates and instances on Spell03. I also added Yuyuko's name underneath her life stock, mostly as a little fluff for the script.

Not gonna lie, this whole process is really fun. Thank you, Phantom, for this opportunity.

----- EDIT -----

This will be my final version, unless anyone has any last-minutes bugs, errors, or stylistic nitpicks with the script.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:02:34 PM by 1000-sun-studio »

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2014, 12:27:16 PM »
My entry (danmakufu is included because people who don't have danmkufu may play it).
https://www.mediafire.com/?dtxw8kfe6kv68ra

I hope it's playable/not full of bugs/fun to play. Feedbacks are welcome.

Oh and there may be some glichts with the pause system...

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2014, 11:18:53 PM »
3 more days remain! Let's get some more entries in!

« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2014, 09:09:47 AM »
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sariel/p/icm-shikieiki-boss-fight/v/1

Finally got it done. Hope there's no problem.

7636kei

• The Stardust Jannisary
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2014, 06:57:17 PM »
My entry for this:
Yuuka's Flowery Party

Hope it's fun~

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2014, 09:10:28 PM »
To those who it may concern:

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,17453.msg1131440.html#msg1131440

As well as containing links to my videos (which should link to all other videos of a script as long I am subscribed to your channel/find it on bulletforge) and links to the entries, it now contains a quick PM button that links directly to a scripter's forum profile (IE it's not an instant PM but makes it significantly easier to PM someone in the contest).

I hope that people find this useful for feedback/other miscellaneous uses.

« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2014, 10:22:33 PM »
Goldstein-Izayoi> I enjoy it. Not too easy, not too hard. But there are heavy graphic bugs on the STG frame. It's a real eye-rape at the end :(

Sariel> It's fun too but a bit hard, even in normal mode (especially the spell before the last word. It's a pain in hard ><). And I don't know if there are bugs but there is no NULLITY sign on lives/bombs during the lastword and during the spell before the last word Shinki had astar in her life-counter. Normally there is no life in the life counter during this kind of spell.
Oh and you make the same mistake than me. Your shot SFX is VERY too loud. Please fix it :'(
But it's cool and spell are nice.

« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2014, 11:21:09 PM »
Oh, sorry. The current version of my script is the final one. I'm happy with it and I won't have time to change anything else before the deadline anyways.

By the way Conarnar I like your Yuyuko the best so far. I'm jealous of your creativity :/
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra