Author Topic: Qwertyzxcv's RAD Danmakufu Scripts! :D A PRACTICE PH3 THING!!!!  (Read 57448 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Qwertyzxcv's RAD Danmakufu Scripts! :D (Current: Brainstorming game)
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2014, 09:01:12 PM »
If you decide to use ph3, I suggest .ogg because looping music is much easier with .ogg. And don't include both a .mp3 and a .wav; .wav file sizes are ridiculous.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2014, 09:25:25 PM »
If you decide to use ph3, I suggest .ogg because looping music is much easier with .ogg. And don't include both a .mp3 and a .wav; .wav file sizes are ridiculous.
Yeah I am using ph3, ok .ogg sounds fine :V

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
You're quoting a post from August 2013 for unknown reasons suddenly, but anyway.

Oh wow, I completely overlooked the date. A dumb move on my part...

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2014, 11:46:36 PM »
I'm glad this thread is beginning to become active again C:
@Ultima That's fine, I was reminded to use .ogg's because you replied to that post.  :dragonforce:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:49:49 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2014, 06:20:04 PM »
Echoing this. Ph3 has no issues playing OGG in general. In 0.12m it might have been causing crashes but those are gone.

Just to give you an idea of file sizes, my 2nd boss has a 1m 50s bgm track. Original mp3 = 4,33mb and the OGG is 2,48mb. That's almost half the size with the same quality.

SFX can be kept .wav format as they are usually short anyway and have decent compression. Example: ZUN's se_alert.wav (Utsuho warning) is 258kb but rar'd aprox 87kb.

Music > OGG
SFX > wav is ok.