Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements  (Read 166762 times)

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2017, 07:39:29 PM »
I had 1ccs of every Windows game aside from PoFV except for LoLK...until now.

Granted, it was with Reisen, so it wasn't the full challenge factor, but I played since release and it took me until now to clear this game.
Not as long as it took me to finish UFO, but that's a different story.
So yeah, I finally cleared LoLK on Normal (Legacy)!  There's probably a lot more to brag about in this thread than simple clears but I honestly thought I would clear a Lunatic mode before I beat this game :v

Now I can finally work on some higher difficulties, I think I'm ready at this point.
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2017, 10:03:19 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=42435

I cleared IN's Extra Stage at 120fps!

The run was NMNB up to Mokou's first spell, NM up to the non after Xu Fu, I captured the survival, and I got to Imperishable Shooting (but did not capture it)! It was a meme run, but a pretty dank meme run.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2017, 10:24:20 PM »
I ended up doing quite a lot of stuff lately-- Also, since recently (two days ago) I now sometimes do stream! I've used Youtube both of the times I've streamed so far (and could use my Twitch someday) but I'll announce it when I will change to Twitch whenever I do, for now I think I actually do prefer youtube a little.

Also I did a Mystic Square lunatic no vertical 1cc in my stream yesterday, I made a seperate video of it here Mystic Square Lunatic no Vertical - Mima

Would be fun if I saw more people showing up in my future streams, quite pleasant and fun.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Shikigami101

• Training at full force!
« Reply #303 on: February 09, 2017, 05:44:25 PM »
...And now, I did my LoLK hard clear (Legacy)!
It was with Reisen, but it still wasn't easy. I grazed a lot and in comparison to my previous tries, thanks to which I came to Junko with seven lives. I ended up having six lives left, but that would probably be nothing if I chose a different character.
EDIT: Now did my 1CC with Reimu, but on pointdevice. There's still a long way before I'll clear the extra with her, though.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:46:36 PM by Shikigami101 »
Hard clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Lunatic clears: PoFV, MoF, HSiFS
Extra stages: EoSD, PCB (+ Phantasm), IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
owo

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2017, 02:38:46 AM »
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #305 on: February 16, 2017, 03:02:20 AM »
I beat MoF's extra mode on my first try today, after not touching the game in literal years.
The stage was being played while I was having a conversation so I was actually absentmindedly dodging my way through it...
Suwako was so easy tho.  Captured Froggy Braves the Elements and Mishaguji-sama (both on my first attempt in the spell history!)
Criss-crossing bullets are so easy, I don't understand why people hate them so much.  Mishaguji-sama was really fun.

Anyway, there's an achievement to add to the book.
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
« Reply #306 on: February 17, 2017, 10:38:29 PM »
Today I could 1cc EoSD on Normal:)
I got 97.7M score and could get 100M if didn't lost (lots of  :V) opportunities.
I feel really good about this run because, except a random 2 days ago run, I didn't play EoSD Normal before for 17 months and this made me see progress done over this time; Cirno's "Ice Fall", Pachoulli's laser non-spells and some Remilia spells are good examples.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:43:32 PM by WindyKitsune »

« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2017, 02:05:09 AM »
As of today's UFO clear, I've now 1cc'd normal difficulty of every windows game from EoSD to DDC. I'm surprised at how quickly the whole process went - a month ago I was struggling to make it through stage 3 even in the easier games, but when going through the series in the past couple of weeks, almost none of the games took more than 2-3 tries to clear. It's pretty shocking how much I improved when I started shaking bad habits like constantly hugging the bottom of the screen and being stingy with bombs. Of course, the runs have plenty of rough patches (somehow I managed to screw up nearly every phase of the Byakuren fight, even some of the easy ones), but I suppose those kinds of shenanigans are par for the course in a first clear.

Now to decide whether to go for hard, extra, or the rest of the pc-98 games.

Edit: Well, I decided to go try for extra, but I certainly wasn't expecting anything to come of it, at least not quite this quickly. IN Extra Clear. Sadly, my nerves suddenly caught up with me about halfway through when I realized the run was actually doing decently, and I immediately started making a bunch of stupid mistakes. That cost me the spell captures for honest man's death (which has no excuse, it's a really easy card), phoenix tail, possessed by phoenix, and hourai doll. Still, simply clearing the stage would have been enough to make me happy, and clearing it with three lives left was completely unexpected.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:54:07 AM by Nova234 »

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #309 on: February 26, 2017, 10:06:46 PM »
Got an Story of Eastern Wonderland Lunatic No Bombs 1cc for the current DRC, pretty neat run so I'm glad with it. I also streamed the attempts when I was playing (and this particular run.) but I made a specific video for it.

Story of Eastern Wonderland - Lunatic No Bombs with ReimuA

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2017, 05:33:52 PM »

UFO Lunatic 2.543b. I'm very, very happy with this. This is the goal I've been aiming for since I started working on UFO scoring, and I finally got it. I feel ecstatic and I don't think this achievement of mine can be topped for a while. ^w^
Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=42573

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2017, 04:34:43 AM »
SA Lunatic 1-life clear!

I'm back baby! So happy I finally got this one for my favorite Touhou game.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2017, 06:37:26 AM »

I completed my first LNB ever! It was in LoLK, and it took some serious grinding and perseverance.

In the 24 hours leading up to it, I had two absolutely soul-crushing runs: one that gameovered after reaching Junko with max lives, and one that gameovered after completing Junko's survival with 4 lives left. Took a lot of energy to ignore those runs and keep going.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2017, 09:52:21 PM »
SA Lunatic 1lc now on Youtube.

My play during the second half of the game was admittedly kinda sloppy, at least by my standards. Forced myself into bombing a few times when I shouldn't have, and that ended up leaving me at less than full power for extended stretches. Then there's me messing up the long stream in Stage 6, which wasn't too bad in the long run since I could gap out, but it still looks really ugly lol. However, I think this run serves more as a demonstration of me otherwise just knowing the game inside and out, something useful to fall back on when your bomb management isn't really there. And if nothing else, these "mistakes" can serve as motivation for me to come back and improve on this, with the end goal being a NMNB clear.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2017, 06:37:46 PM »
UFO Lunatic 2.543b. I'm very, very happy with this. This is the goal I've been aiming for since I started working on UFO scoring, and I finally got it. I feel ecstatic and I don't think this achievement of mine can be topped for a while. ^w^
Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=42573
Congratulations. Just wondering, why the red UFO at the start of stage 3?

I completed my first LNB ever! It was in LoLK, and it took some serious grinding and perseverance.
I see you've already passed me in survival. You've come a long way in the months since I found your stream-- keep it up!

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »
Congratulations. Just wondering, why the red UFO at the start of stage 3?

It was the fourth and final red UFO that my route summons. I'm dropping down to two red for future PBs, so I won't summon that red in that spot any longer for future runs.

« Reply #316 on: March 03, 2017, 01:06:33 AM »
I see you've already passed me in survival. You've come a long way in the months since I found your stream-- keep it up!

Thank you! It's been a really fun journey, and I definitely intend to continue. I probably won't be doing more LNBs for while (LoLK just really grabbed me); I'm gonna finish doing my Hard 1CCs and start doing more Lunatic 1CCs after that.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #317 on: March 07, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »
Yet another SoEW LNB I did in stream, this time 5MNB, had 2MNB potential but I got 3 misses at Mima... I think I could possibly NMNB this game on lunatic, but it seems like something I wouldn't want to do. I didn't feel like making a specific video for this considering I already had a video for a 7MNB, I still did this during the duration of the DRC so I ended up doing a bit better than before.

another LLS Extra Mugetsu and Gengetsu no shooting clear, done in stream. This time third attempt clear? Didn't take very long. This run had the potential to still've had a life left but I didn't bomb on time during Gengetsu's final time-out  so I ended up finishing with 0/0 left, no reason either to make a specific video for this as I already did this once before; back then made a video. Just quite enjoyable to get a bit of nostalgia going on (as well as to do it on stream.)

I'm planning to do MS Lunatic 90 FPS first, which has proven itself to already be tougher than an LNB in the game; after that I'll move on to UFO lunatic. First for a basic lunatic 1cc; then an LNB I guess. So it'll be interesting.

minor edit: I happen to stream on Youtube, my timezone is UTC/GMT 1+ and I tend to stream around either 14:00-17:00, or around midnight my time. (1 AM I should be streaming.) of course I don't always stream. But I tend to stream quite regularly as of lately.

another minor edit: I don't only stream Touhou, but it'll still have a big focus, good chance that streams in the past will have specific video with different audio later on. As I think that's more fitting for a video of an achievement.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:10:25 AM by Zigzagwolf »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #318 on: March 08, 2017, 06:48:01 AM »
I think I can finally say I'm making some significant progress with DDC Stage 5 Lunatic. I've been grinding Seija's spells in Spell Practice quite a bit lately, but before tonight I hadn't seen much of a payoff from that in an actual run. Tonight was the first time in my recent sessions I've captured her second and third boss cards, and I captured her first card a couple more times in nearly back-to-back runs (her final still eludes me somehow >.<). My best run tonight ended up being 1M1B (bomb on second card and death on final), a new personal best. I think I can credit a lot of the progress I've made here to suddenly getting a lot better on her midboss card as well - still far from capturing it every time, but often enough to get a good amount of stabs at the boss in each session. Previously I would've called it her hardest attack because of how much it kicked my ass in the past, and that was before I even started getting used to the attacks that change your controls, which is saying something. I'm in too much of a groove to stop now, perfecting this stage will be a big one for me.

« Reply #319 on: March 13, 2017, 12:56:01 AM »

LoLK Black Label Lunatic 1cc.

This has to be the worst way to de-rust after weeks of not playing, but it was fun.

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #320 on: March 15, 2017, 05:31:50 AM »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #321 on: March 19, 2017, 06:45:16 PM »
yessss aya first 6 gold finally after years

1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #322 on: March 21, 2017, 05:29:40 AM »
I beat RSS lunatic! It took me 3 attempts, because during the first two I failed tremendously hard versus Momohime. She is still very capable of draining my lives, in this run Momohime alone made me go from 5 lives to 0.

I was also using ReimuA, which might explain why the boss fight was so absurdly bad.

[attachimg=1]

« Reply #323 on: March 21, 2017, 11:56:46 PM »
I cleared a game other than MoF on Hard! :D

The best thing about this was, I didn't grind for it. I'd played some IN Hard before, and reached Stage 5, but I hadn't been working towards it as a serious goal. Then today I decided to play IN Hard again to remind myself what it's like, and ended up clearing. It was a close finish, and right up until the end-of-spell time orbs appeared, I didn't know whether I was going to make it.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=42746

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #324 on: March 28, 2017, 06:52:14 PM »
DDC Stage 5 Lunatic perfect run with ReimuB!

Hell. Fucking. YES! I haven't been able to grind this stage as much as when I first started, but when I finally felt something click into place for This Side Down, I knew it would only be a matter of time. I can only hope Change Air Brave doesn't get under my skin as much when doing full-game challenges down the road.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #325 on: April 04, 2017, 02:18:32 PM »
Mountain of Faith Extra NMNB scored 917 million too.

Video: Mountain of Faith Extra Perfect (NMNB) with ReimuA

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:20:35 PM by Zigzagwolf »

« Reply #326 on: April 04, 2017, 10:14:35 PM »
I cleared LoLK legacy on hard with Reirei. Lunatic never.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #327 on: April 07, 2017, 03:14:06 AM »
DDC Stage 4A Lunatic perfect run!

Wow, ReimuA plays so much differently than what I'm used to, it was like I had to relearn the stage portion all over again. Benben's first and third nons felt kinda 50/50 for a while, and I was only hoping it wouldn't get worse over time if I kept getting caught up on her final card or something. My wrist is certainly thankful this didn't take much longer lol.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #328 on: April 07, 2017, 11:31:32 PM »
Got a TD Extra NMNBNT run (Perfect) with Marisa, already have the run uploaded and I'm pretty glad with this run considering it took me a good while to get this run too!

Ten Desires Extra Stage Perfect! (NMNBNT)

Oh; for those of you who see Yuuka in the screenshot, it is because I had a Yuuka spritepatch (it doesn't change anything like shot width or strength or speed, nothing but just the textures.) The video displays Marisa because that makes more sense (I did stream my attempts with the Yuuka patch.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:33:37 PM by Zigzagwolf »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #329 on: April 08, 2017, 02:22:08 AM »
DDC Stage 6 Lunatic perfect run!

Hell yeah! I'm on a roll right now. After finally sitting down and memorizing routes for some of the spells, I figured things like Shinmyoumaru's second non would end up being the biggest threat, but I got into a groove with it today so I just had to grind it out. I don't remember if I had gotten farther in the past, but at least recently this was my first time getting a NMNB run into You Grow Bigger, and I got so nervous I almost messed up some easy stuff near the end of the fight. :V But man, so glad to have finally gotten this one down.