Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224974 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #930 on: March 26, 2019, 07:57:26 PM »
> Fly up and get a better view, then continue on to Alice's

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #931 on: March 26, 2019, 08:05:54 PM »
>This

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #932 on: March 26, 2019, 08:16:59 PM »

> "I don't know, theres surely reasons for Makai being this way...  I'll look into this" // Add quest?

> "Hey, something looks wrong in the village, we better check it out!"

> Objective Noted: Investigate the state of Makai

> "Of course there's reasons, and they all stem from that Goddess and how she made and runs Makai." Mayina says.

> You head towards the Human Villiage, taking off for a better view.

> Above the village you can clearly see Keine, who looks rather battered. She appears to be fighting multiple phantom deamons. She appears to be wielding a sword and a shield, with something glowing upon her neck. You're guessing these are the 'Scared Treasures' she has spellcards based on. The deamons appear to be winning, although Keine is certainly putting up a fight, the difficulty appears to be coming from her defending the village while also fighting, as the daemons keep firing at various buildings as well as Keine.

Keine Kamishirasawa
Guardian of the Powerless and the Lost

> There also appears to be someone else helping Keine, and you note this as the red-cloaked Youkai you saw at the Lake earlier. She seems to be less fatigued; perhaps joining the battle later, and is mostly fighting by shooting thin beams from her eyes.

[Not going to move you on yet since now you know what's occuring you may want to do something else]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #933 on: March 26, 2019, 08:42:52 PM »
//  As important as Alice is, we can't let the daemons start a war by wiping out the village (Keine&co are fighting a losing battle), plus it will do us good to get on Keine and Reimu's good side by defending the humans

> Wow, these phantoms are really coming at us full force

> "We can't let them destroy the village that will surely upset the balance of our world!  Reimu will surely get her revenge on Makai and start a war!"
> This could be a chance to improve Youkai-Human relationships, and our relationship with the incident resolves and Keine
> "With our help we'll outnumber them and surely win!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #934 on: March 26, 2019, 08:56:22 PM »
//  As important as Alice is, we can't let the daemons start a war by wiping out the village (Keine&co are fighting a losing battle), plus it will do us good to get on Keine and Reimu's good side by defending the humans

> Wow, these phantoms are really coming at us full force

> "We can't let them destroy the village that will surely upset the balance of our world!  Reimu will surely get her revenge on Makai and start a war!"
> This could be a chance to improve Youkai-Human relationships, and our relationship with the incident resolves and Keine
> "With our help we'll outnumber them and surely win!"

> "I would have gone anyway." Kogasa says. "I can't have my blacksmith's shop ruined!"

> Wriggle and Mystia are a little more hesitant, but follow you anyway. Cirno of course just charges ahead, while Daiyousei hangs back, looking sheepish and a bit scared.

> Approaching the villiage you notice most of the attacking daemons are clearly Koas of various appearances. However, the main phantom that seems to be the leader dosen't seem to be a deamon at all. It's a scrawny-looking girl holding a Grimoire and a staff almost the size of her, wearing robes. Some kind of Mage. They are throwing quite a lot of fireballs towards and around Keine, who is blocking with her shield, and blasts from her enchanted familiars [Various small artifacts].

> A trio of Koas fly in front of you and start shooting out yellow blasts of fire towards your group.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #935 on: March 26, 2019, 09:08:32 PM »
> Use danmaku (non lethal) bullets but don't follow the rules, if we can make a pattern undodgeable by all means do so

> Snipe them in the head and chest with 2 instant danmaku lasers each (so 6 lasers total)
> Right after the hit (or miss) dodge the fireballs and fire a constant stream of the fastest bullets we can make all aimed at them

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #936 on: March 26, 2019, 09:14:53 PM »
>Uh, where's Mayina?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #937 on: March 26, 2019, 09:20:26 PM »
> Don't advance too far into the village, fly in areas where we still can visually see Mayina

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #938 on: March 26, 2019, 09:21:23 PM »
> Use danmaku (non lethal) bullets but don't follow the rules, if we can make a pattern undodgeable by all means do so

> Snipe them in the head and chest with 2 instant danmaku lasers each (so 6 lasers total)
> Right after the hit (or miss) dodge the fireballs and fire a constant stream of the fastest bullets we can make all aimed at them

> You fire some quick lasers at the Koas. The first two blasts land true and seem to stun the phantom, but the other two manage to dodge.

> You evade the worst of the fireballs; although a couple graze you. It's a bit worse than danmaku grazing against you, but nothing actually harmful. You then back up in recoil as you release a stream of multicolored bullets.The stunned phantom poofs away, but the two that didn't get stunned do a pretty good job at evasion.

> One of the two phantoms points, and a thin stream of yellow flame comes from it, weaveing through the air as it extends and the deamon moves their hand. It's pretty clear this Koa isn't that strong, this sort of thing is Fairy-level. The other one starts fighting Cirno, who's started to hurl small icicles at it.

>Uh, where's Mayina?

> He appears to be staying still, on guard in case someone attacks him.

> Don't advance too far into the village, fly in areas where we still can visually see Mayina

> You are flying on the outskirts. Drawing some of the attackers away is helping Keine and the Youkai. Kogasa however is flying to the village proper, ahead of you.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #939 on: March 26, 2019, 09:25:25 PM »
> He appears to be staying still, on guard in case someone attacks him.
>Where?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #940 on: March 26, 2019, 09:28:19 PM »
> Shoot a laser from each hand and form and form a V with them with the V ending behind the daemon not focused on Cirno, then fire a concentrated arc of bullets in the middle so they can't dodge without running into a laser

> Keep an eye on Mayina, form a barrier right in front of him if he tries to run (don't do this if he's dodging something obviously!)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #941 on: March 26, 2019, 09:42:09 PM »
>Where?

> The same spot you left him.

> Shoot a laser from each hand and form and form a V with them with the V ending behind the daemon not focused on Cirno, then fire a concentrated arc of bullets in the middle so they can't dodge without running into a laser

> Keep an eye on Mayina, form a barrier right in front of him if he tries to run (don't do this if he's dodging something obviously!)

> You fire a laser from each hand in a manner similar to Moonlight Ray, and launch more danmaku down the middle. However, the deamon simply evades this by flying upwards.

> The stream of flames circles around you, and now looks like some kind of lasso [Not that Rumia knows what a lasso is IC]. The stream is still extending however, snaking through the air.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #942 on: March 26, 2019, 09:46:32 PM »
> Fly downwards to get out of the circle, fall if it's faster than flying downwards
> Now that we are below the daemon fire bullets aimed to miss them by 5 degrees above below to the left and to the right of them, after a few monents of firing the misdirected bullets discreetly fire a single fast kunai down the middle aimed right at them
> If they get stunned or disoriented at any point fire all 6 of our lasers on them (so the damage stacks)

> Are they within our barrier forming distance?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #944 on: March 26, 2019, 09:56:03 PM »
> Fly downwards to get out of the circle, fall if it's faster than flying downwards
> Now that we are below the daemon fire bullets aimed to miss them by 5 degrees above below to the left and to the right of them, after a few monents of firing the misdirected bullets discreetly fire a single fast kunai down the middle aimed right at them
> If they get stunned or disoriented at any point fire all 6 of our lasers on them (so the damage stacks)

> Are they within our barrier forming distance?

> You choose to fall; and this seems to have been the right choice, as the lasso closes; and the stream of fire lashes forward suddenly with the freed length, just missing your hair.

> You fire various misdirected bullets. You would fire a kunai bullet, but you can't actually do that, so you just fire a few rice-shaped bullets in the shape of a kunai instead.

> This fast collection of small bullets hits the Koa in the chest, knocking her back a little bit. More importantly; the fire-rope dispels. You take that as a sign to unload a laser barrage, floating backwards and launching your focused laser barrage nonspell. This lands true, and the phantom fizzles out of Gensokyo's reality.

> They weren't before; and certainly are not now.

> Most of the Koas have been defeated already, and Keine seems to be pressureing the Mage now, closing in despite her attempts to fend Keine off. You know from experience that while Keine isn't the fastest she's pretty hard to make stop. Between her own attacks and her familiars she's unleashing some pretty intense danmaku. The Mage is using various fireballs and waves of flame, it appears that's their specialty.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #945 on: March 26, 2019, 10:03:17 PM »
> Quickly fly to Mayina and pick him up (literally)
> If he protests say "Better my limitless energy than yours!"
> Fly under the treeline towards the village and find a safe but hidden spot where he has rocks or trees to hide behind if a stray shot comes his way.  Close enough so we can quickly get to him if something approaches him but far enough so the mage can't recognize him

> Go some way back before appearing out of the treeline so the Mage doesn't realize where we came from

> Use Moonlight Ray on the mage (don't waste time declaring if we don't have to)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #946 on: March 26, 2019, 10:05:46 PM »
>Are we even big enough to lift a Koa?
>If we are and do end up going with the above plan, make sure the location we choose would be such that we can easily intercept him if he tries to bolt from us, either with a barrier, or physically.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #947 on: March 26, 2019, 10:10:30 PM »
> We have Youkai Strength, so it shouldn't be a problem (most humans can carry someone of similar size as them with some effort, and we're much stronger than an adult male human)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #948 on: March 26, 2019, 10:29:46 PM »
> Quickly fly to Mayina and pick him up (literally)
> If he protests say "Better my limitless energy than yours!"
> Fly under the treeline towards the village and find a safe but hidden spot where he has rocks or trees to hide behind if a stray shot comes his way.  Close enough so we can quickly get to him if something approaches him but far enough so the mage can't recognize him

> Go some way back before appearing out of the treeline so the Mage doesn't realize where we came from

> Use Moonlight Ray on the mage (don't waste time declaring if we don't have to)

> You fly to and pick up the slightly less hostile deamon. He protests with some choice words and some struggling, but despite your size, you're easily able to pick him up. You place him behind some cover, and fly back towards the fight.

> The rest of your group seem to be fighting animated flames, allowing the Mage to continue to fend off Keine [With significant difficulty]. You declare Moonlight Ray and blast the Mage, who spins around and releases a jet of red flames that fends off the ray.

> Keine, however, uses this breif moment and accelerates, bashing into the back of the Mage with her shield, knocking her head foward, slashes with the sword across the mage's back; causing them to raise back up; and then headbutts them as they turn around to try and cast a spell with one hand. At the same time, your Moonlight Ray pushed back the weakened flames.

> The Mage poofs after this, as do the animated flames. Keine's weapons and familiars immediately fade, and she looks at you with a mixture of exhaustion, confusion and disbelief, while breathing very heavily.

> Kogasa immediately starts creating as much rain as she can to combat the fires.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #949 on: March 26, 2019, 10:38:12 PM »
> "We saw you were in trouble!"
> "Look we're sorry about all the things we've done in the past, but we've changed and are trying to make up for it!"

> "We've been investigating this incident and have run in to several of these phantoms and daemons but we've never seen as many in one place as here.  I wonder what they're after..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #950 on: March 26, 2019, 11:00:58 PM »
> "We saw you were in trouble!"
> "Look we're sorry about all the things we've done in the past, but we've changed and are trying to make up for it!"

> "We've been investigating this incident and have run in to several of these phantoms and daemons but we've never seen as many in one place as here.  I wonder what they're after..."

> "Thanks, but you know my duty. I can't risk having youkai with a history of attacking Humans in the village. Even if you've changed, the Humans would still be scared. As for what they were after, they seemed to be looking for magical artifacts." Keine says, before she looks at Kogasa.

> "Don't waste your energy, I'll Hide the History of the Villiage, and get someone who can deal with those flames effortlessly." the teacher says, before she looks at the cloaked youkai.

> "Thank you Miss Banki. I understand it's difficult for you to fight while keeping your nature concealed from the village at large."

> "This is my home too." the youkai says. "Even if the majority of the humans wouldn't accept me if they knew what I am, I'll fight to protect them and my home."

> Keine opens her mouth, and blue runes start to flow from the village into it, the settlement fading away, leaving no trace of it on the ground, which turns back into a field. When she finishes, she looks at the assembled group.

> "Well, I'm going to the Bamboo Forest. I shall enlist the aid of someone who lives there. Do be careful." Keine states when she finishes.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:10:31 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #951 on: March 26, 2019, 11:13:14 PM »
>"We will. Take care, Miss Keine!"
>Check on Mayina.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #952 on: March 26, 2019, 11:14:27 PM »
> "Just let them know we've changed and want to help and let them draw their own conclusions"
> Head back to Mayina and make sure he's alright
> "We best get back to helping Alice"
> Start heading towards the Forest of Magic again

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #953 on: March 26, 2019, 11:43:48 PM »
> "Just let them know we've changed and want to help and let them draw their own conclusions"
// " Time is of the essence " but " Prudence is the better part of Valor " //

> En-route raise a hand up and gradually come to a stop . " Wait a moment ,everyone! "

> " We better make sure none has taken advantage of our detour to help the Village,miss Keine and oh...miss Banki? To secretly or not-so-secretly tailing us.

> If everyone,or most, agree then let us all,with Mayina coming along even if it is annoying for him but still necessary ,make a few flying inspection rounds around the area we are in . If no agreement is reached,hear them out.

> Go on to the Forest of Magic if the coast is clear , if not stay a bit to inspect.
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #954 on: March 26, 2019, 11:49:22 PM »
> " We better make sure none has taken advantage of our detour to help the Village,miss Keine and oh...miss Banki? To secretly or not-so-secretly tailing us.

> If everyone,or most, agree then let us all,with Mayina coming along even if it is annoying for him but still necessary ,make a few flying inspection rounds around the area we are in . If no agreement is reached,hear them out.

> Go on to the Forest of Magic if the coast is clear , if not stay a bit to inspect.
//Just for a more easily readable version:

>"Actually, before we get a move on, we should probably check if anyone's following us."
>Check for followers, then proceed if we find no unwanted followers.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #955 on: March 27, 2019, 03:17:53 PM »
>"We will. Take care, Miss Keine!"
>Check on Mayina.

> "I doubt much will change their opinions. Many of the humans have lost loved ones to youkai attacking them." Keine states. "It's hard enough to convince the elders to allow youkai who haven't attacked humans before; or simply were not in Gensokyo before the spellcard rules in such as Kogasa. Ultimately; I'm just a teacher and guardian. I'm not the one who makes the decisions.

> Keine nods as you leave., before flying off herself.

> Mayina is sitting in the spot you left him, looking bemused.

//Just for a more easily readable version:

>"Actually, before we get a move on, we should probably check if anyone's following us."
>Check for followers, then proceed if we find no unwanted followers.

> You cannot see anyone following you.

> You proceed onwards to the Forest of Magic without incident, and head back to where you encountered Alice's Golaith Doll, since you don't actually know the location of her house.

> By the time you have arrived, the darkness is slowly starting to fade. Dawn is approaching.

> A small doll flies between some trees, away from you.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #956 on: March 27, 2019, 04:31:03 PM »
> Wave to the doll to come here
> "Hey we need to talk to Alice, it's really important!"

> Be on guard for an attack

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #957 on: March 27, 2019, 04:32:11 PM »
//Aw... It timeskipped... I wanted to talk to Mayina about his expression :(

>"So Mayina, I couldn't help but notice your expression back at the village. Is something on your mind...?"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:25:55 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #958 on: March 27, 2019, 04:41:11 PM »
//Edit

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #959 on: March 27, 2019, 07:26:14 PM »