Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F  (Read 189963 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F
« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2017, 01:08:46 PM »
Btw, I was theorymonning a bit over the list of main/sub equips (while waiting for a dearly-awaited English Patch^^) and... it seems that unlike TH1 more thought needs to be put in order to come up with the ideal equipment, isn't it? In THL1 at the end, the best solution was simply to slap 3X Machine God Lucifer on every char, but unless for some reason you can get multiple "Source of Dragon God's Power", I'm not sure there's any THL2 equivalent. Even then, unlike THL1 MGL, which had nearly unparalleled stat multipliers, the Source is somewhat low compared to some giants like Medicine of Life or Magic Sword Chaos, so depending on the chars you might want to use something else.... so many possibilities to chew on^^

EDIT: And besides, the surprising variety of boosts from main equipments adds alone to the strategy depth. On the one hand, given the flexibility required for the Endless Corridor, perhaps more generic main equips like the stat boosting ones may be preferable. But on the other hand, some of the other bonuses (like increased stat infliction rate, damage boost vs weaknesses, the avoidance ring or w/e it's called, etc) seem very fitting for some specific chars. Moreover, the TP boosting items may be necessary, depending on how the Endless Corridor is structured, especially if one does not use Sanae on the team (I'm not sure on this one, perhaps somebody can give their input?). And finally, the xp and item drop boosting equips seem incredible for training purposes.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:30:26 PM by elminster1372 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #301 on: January 10, 2017, 02:12:34 PM »
The bigger thing in thlaby1 was that because of how bonuses stacked, most of your stat bonuses from equipment were kinda small at the end. (Also, if you ground for that many Machine God Lucifers in lot1, you had a major problem) That's why statuses were a non-problem in lot1 postgame, because the best solution was to equip everyone meant to take any hits to resist all of them. (Plus it was easier to do that than in lot2...) But in LoT2, equipment bonus comes later in the stat calculation, so their bonus remains pretty dang large... so what you put on -really- matters.

IIRC Laby2's MGL is still crazy but to get multiple you (probably) have to do super long Infinite Corridor trips in one go, because they're sold in the shop, but holy jesus is that price even realistically attainable? And yeah, I like putting exp boost gear on my slower leveling characters (BYAKUREEEEN)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2017, 02:44:43 PM »
Well, I've reached around 70 WINNER kills in LoT1, so ofc I have my whole squad decked with Machine God Lucifer (I've also sold enough that now each one I sell gives me like, 41.2 million Skill points - sadly it can't go any higher). As for LoT2 MGL, it IS good, mind you, but the fact is, it gives you zero coverage vs status (which Ribbon alone no longer covers - and even if it could, is it really worth using it over one of the other, more powerful Main equips?), and leaves you open on several elements such as Fire, Cold, or Wind. Now, if affinities worked like in LoT1 (where even weak affinities like Utsuho's cold could be easily boosted to 200 or more) it wouldn't be a major problem. But in LoT2, affinities are boosted proportionally to their base value, so unless the weakness is mild, it can't get fixed much - which means, you absolutely need the help from equipments and passive skills to fix them.

Though tbh, I find this much more fun than just slapping the one equip to rule them all on everyone :-)

P.S.: Also, speaking of comparisons between LoT1 and LoT2... I'm really digging the variety of usable chars in LoT2 Plus Disk. In LoT1, if you wanted the perfect WINNER buster team, some team slots were absolutely fixed. There was next to no reason, for example, to not use:

Nitori (strongest single-target nuke in the game besides Lavatein, factoring stats and multipliers)
Shikieiki (strongest def ignoring nuke in the game, crucial to hit through Ball of Invincibility)
Reimu (best healer in the game hands down)
Suwako (strongest nuke in the game after Nitori, factoring stats and multipliers)
Yuyuko (strongest nuke in the game after Nitori and Suwako, factoring stats and multipliers)
Youmu (strongest nuke in the game after... etc)

The only slot where you had some room for messing around were the tank slot (where IMO it was a tossup between Keine and Yukari, maybe Rinnosuke though he counts more as a nuke with Shining Stars rather than a tank) and the secondary healer slot (though I still believe Minoriko is clearly the best one, as it's fast and powerful and can put up some decent damage if needed, even)

Now, ofc some of these MAY be questionable (mostly how many nukes/tanks/healers to use in the first place), but the fact that no passive skills or subclasses existed meant that it was very common for some chars to outclass others, especially since WINNER has no weaknesses. For example, as much as you may like Suika, her LoT1 self is clearly outclassed by a bunch of other chars. And chars which relied on faster attacks (like Remilia) are penalized by the fact that both Keine and Yukari reward you for using large delay heavy nukes.

In LoT2, on the other hand, while some chars feel a bit less viable than others, family boosts and unique passive skills + classing mean that it's much harder to find any chars which are sorely outclassed (I still doubt, say, Momiji cannot be outclassed even with the new Momiji/Aya/Nitori/Hina family, but it's not as rough as, say, LoT1 Mokou/Yuuka/Patchouli). Though who knows, maybe after playing long enough we'll end up figuring which families are strongest in the deep end game :-)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #303 on: January 10, 2017, 03:14:51 PM »
For silly levels of Winner grinds I'd think Yuugi would be the tank, because she's got meiling-grade HP and DEF, and mind is pretty much completely replacable by affinities at that point. In other words, Yuugi with a full ATK build using nukes. Although, you're also the one with 70 kills @.@ I wanted to get many kills, but then the fight was just such a totally boring slog until the final phase that I seriously couldn't be bothered. I'd also have expected Ran in there, because at that point she can afford to use her def/mnd buff every turn and keep your buffs consistently at -very- high levels so you take rather low damage, but at that many kills, maybe surviving isn't the deal so much as simply finishing the slog of a fight. >_> Rinnosuke is kinda underwhelming in LoT1, too. For example Alice is almost flat-out superior, having used them both up through Winner in my last playthrough- Rinno had a little more DEF, but otherwise Alice beat him out across the board and did more damage. Rinno's damage in a full atk build was really sorta disappointing.

I'm really curious about your levels/a stat screenshot after the point of 70 kills, though >.> Trance did 100 but didn't have his save anymore so we couldn't see!

I think endgame viability is definitely far more flexible in this game. You say you think Momiji cannot compete, but she's one of the bulkiest characters in the game, boasts solid attack stats as well and several very nice passives, good base moves and useful corridor awakening (24% atk buff each time she attacks? she hardly even needs to get buffs refreshed!), and her corridor family skill involves three other very useful characters. A lot of them depend more on your party setup than whether or not they're actually a good character, since the more underwhelming ones generally have a good niche or powerful family skill.

But even so, there will be the end parties with the "better setups". You definitely have sweet levels of flexibility with who you want as your bulky attackers, if nothing else, though. There's much better flexibility when it comes to your support characters, but there's certainly going to be ones that are just a little bit better than the other options... for most parties. For example, Rinno is kinda outclassed by Keine after awakening, and his minor edges over her aren't important in the average endgame party I -think-, but if you're running Shou you may want to keep using Rinnosuke instead of her. And even Sanae can realistically play like Byakuren after awakening, and even have some advantages (albiet with some downsides, too).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 03:59:18 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #304 on: January 10, 2017, 03:22:44 PM »
Well, I've reached around 70 WINNER kills in LoT1, so ofc I have my whole squad decked with Machine God Lucifer (I've also sold enough that now each one I sell gives me like, 41.2 million Skill points - sadly it can't go any higher).
I'm surprised you didn't break the game with that many kills. I never bothered to refight that boss so much, but I did grind a lot myself and using only flan, damage numbers did just overflow at some point (I'm glad that can't happen in LoT2 anymore)

« Reply #305 on: January 10, 2017, 04:11:07 PM »
I'm surprised you didn't break the game with that many kills. I never bothered to refight that boss so much, but I did grind a lot myself and using only flan, damage numbers did just overflow at some point (I'm glad that can't happen in LoT2 anymore)

Mad respect to the both of you.  70 WINNER kills is insane.  I thought I remember hearing that experience to level also overflows (depending on the character) in the level 8,000 to 12,000 range, but I never considered the damage overflowing.  At what point, roughly, do the damage numbers overflow in LoT1?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #306 on: January 10, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »
You say you think Momiji cannot compete, but she's one of the bulkiest characters in the game, boasts solid attack stats as well and several very nice passives, good base moves and useful corridor awakening (24% atk buff each time she attacks? she hardly even needs to get buffs refreshed!)

31%. She gets Encounter with a Strong Foe from corridor as well.

« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »
For silly levels of Winner grinds I'd think Yuugi would be the tank, because she's got meiling-grade HP and DEF, and mind is pretty much completely replacable by affinities at that point. In other words, Yuugi with a full ATK build using nukes. Although, you're also the one with 70 kills @.@ I wanted to get many kills, but then the fight was just such a totally boring slog until the final phase that I seriously couldn't be bothered. I'd also have expected Ran in there, because at that point she can afford to use her def/mnd buff every turn and keep your buffs consistently at -very- high levels so you take rather low damage, but at that many kills, maybe surviving isn't the deal so much as simply finishing the slog of a fight. >_> Rinnosuke is kinda underwhelming in LoT1, too. For example Alice is almost flat-out superior, having used them both up through Winner in my last playthrough- Rinno had a little more DEF, but otherwise Alice beat him out across the board and did more damage. Rinno's damage in a full atk build was really sorta disappointing.

Yuugi is in fact one of the members of my squad, but I use it as a nuke rather than a tank, because for the tank slot you need something faster and with less delay, otherwise you risk getting blindsided by Longsword Ringil (which at my levels does ridiculous damage at absurdly low delay). As for Rinnosuke, it's nowhere as bad as it sounds, for a variety of reasons. First of all, Shining Stars of Traumerei does respectable dmg for its delay (for comparison, with full buffs, my Rinnosuke does around 18 million dmg to Winner with SSoT, while Nitori does roughly 26 million with his Megawatt Gun), and World-Shaking Military Rule is very important for Winner phase 1. Finally, Military Rule also makes farming Serpent of Chaos (the main means of grinding at this level) much faster - in fact, as I show below, one of my team slots is basically devoted to Serpent farming mostly.

I'm really curious about your levels/a stat screenshot after the point of 70 kills, though >.> Trance did 100 but didn't have his save anymore so we couldn't see!

There you go!

(Levels are around 1200-1400, while skill levels are mostly around 1000 except for SP which is useless. Affinities are at 500 with everybody)

Quick overview of my team choices, for those wondering:

Reimu: Best healer
Minoriko and Rumia: Second and third healer (I chose them over Eirin and Sanae because their heals are faster, and they also can deal more damage - sometimes, even healers need to go on the offense vs WINNER)
Rinnosuke: Primary tank - I use him to buff the frontline at the beginning and try to punch through phase 1 as fast as possible, because phase 1 is arguably the most dangerous at this point for the high risk of multiple Longswords Ringil (which at this lvl deals approx 1.5 million to the leftmost member)
Keine: Secondary tank - I sometimes bring her on the front to refresh buffs, but generally she stays in the back until Rinnosuke dies
Flandre: Serpent of Chaos farmer (2 Lavatein at full buffs and it's down), and decent emergency nuke with Starbow Break. With Reimu constantly healing, and phase 2-3 being a bit less heavy on AoE dmg, it's definitely sustainable.
Shikieiki: obligatory DEF ignoring nuke for when WINNER uses Ball of Invincibility
Nitori, Suwako, Yuyuko, Youmu, Yuugi: nukes, in order of dmg potential (in theory I calculated that Kaguya actually does more dmg than Yuugi, but she's WAY too frail for this fight - even Suwako is often hard to keep alive for long)

Quick strategy: I open with Rinnosuke/Youmu/Nitori/Yuyuko, World-Shaking and start blasting away. As soon as somebody falls to less than 50% (generally after the first couple turns), I switch in Reimu and begin healing. Hopefully nobody dies before phase 2.

As phase 2 begins, I start bringing in periodically Keine to rebuff. Replacement order in case somebody dies is:

Rinnosuke -> Keine -> Yuugi
Youmu -> Yuugi
Nitori/Yuyuko -> Suwako -> Flandre -> Shikieiki (kept last because if she dies and WINNER uses Ball, it's generally over. Also, sometimes I replace Nitori with Suwako in phase 2 because Suwako becomes more useless in phase 3 with true resistance)
Reimu -> Minoriko -> Rumia (Rumia is sort of a last ditch healer, Demarcation heals for like, 300-400k max without buffs, but Moonlight Ray does decent dmg and Dark Side of the Moon ignores defenses which is useful)

I think endgame viability is definitely far more flexible in this game. You say you think Momiji cannot compete, but she's one of the bulkiest characters in the game, boasts solid attack stats as well and several very nice passives, good base moves and useful corridor awakening (24% atk buff each time she attacks? she hardly even needs to get buffs refreshed!), and her corridor family skill involves three other very useful characters. A lot of them depend more on your party setup than whether or not they're actually a good character, since the more underwhelming ones generally have a good niche or powerful family skill.

But even so, there will be the end parties with the "better setups". You definitely have sweet levels of flexibility with who you want as your bulky attackers, if nothing else, though. There's much better flexibility when it comes to your support characters, but there's certainly going to be ones that are just a little bit better than the other options... for most parties. For example, Rinno is kinda outclassed by Keine after awakening, and his minor edges over her aren't important in the average endgame party I -think-, but if you're running Shou you may want to keep using Rinnosuke instead of her. And even Sanae can realistically play like Byakuren after awakening, and even have some advantages (albiet with some downsides, too).

Yeah it's very hard to build a LoT2 Plus Disk squad without extensive testing, so I'm mostly trying at random^^ So far, I'm considering the following squad for plus disk

Renko / Tokiko / Yuuka / Maribel
Sanae / Reimu / Suwako / Kanako
Kasen / Youmu / Shikieiki / Yuyuko

Still nowhere as sure of its effectiveness, it's mostly made of fan favourites of mine :-P Thankfully, tomes of reincarnation and xp boosting items allow me to "reset" and try other chars without any risk of new chars falling behind and being unable to catch back up (unless there's some weird overflowing bug I'm unaware of)

Anyway, speaking of overflow, I can assure you that I still have not seen any overflowing yet in LoT1. Fully buffed Lavatein does 35-40 million dmg, and Medicine of Life heals WINNER for over 200 million dmg, but there are still no overflows.

P.S.: The "hour count" on the save above is a bit lower than you might expect because, after realizing that some of the chars I were using were suboptimal (Yukari, Kaguya, Kanako) while others were very needed (Flandre, Rumia, Rinnosuke), I restarted the game and breezed through it with 3X Machine God Lucifer on everybody and roughly 300-600 skill levels already. Here is the old save pic before "reset" for those wondering:

(Lowish stats and SP especially are because I've unequipped all the Machine God Lucifer to carry them to the next save)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:45:08 PM by elminster1372 »

« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2017, 05:43:30 PM »
At what point, roughly, do the damage numbers overflow in LoT1?
I didn't check, but I bet it's the integer limit which is roughly 2 billion.  About what I said about breaking damage numbers, I checked and apparantly I did not break them (I think), don't actually have my save anymore, but if numbers overflow at the integer limit, it makes no sense since the last boss's hp are roughly 100m and I also remember stopping the grind after being able to one-shot it. I don't know how much defenses he has but I highly doubt it's so much that you could oneshot him while at the same time making numbers overflow on 0 def enemies.
I tried to like flandre in LoT2, but not being able to raise her def to insane amounts to lower/negate the self damage stopped me from using her so far, paired with the fact it seemed too hard to build her for stay-in tactics stopped me, even if I prefer to use characters I like instead of the ones that fit into my playstyle.

I learned to backup save files for LoT thanks to that though, now I have all of my LoT2 saves along with a file saying how much time I spent playing in total in a seperate folder.
188 hours and 49 minutes here, after holding myself back because I knew plus disc will happen one day I would make a new save for that anyway and didn't want to kill my will to play the game too much. that includes some short runs though where I was essentially just trying out how the game plays with different reward gain rates.
My first run was about 71 hours and a couple minutes without using the wiki or noted which I didn't have yet because I made them in that playtrough. Makes me wonder how much time other people spent, feel free to share.

Oh right one more thing about the overflow, I'm 100% sure now that what did overflow were exp values for characters I never levelled up, sorry about my confusion there, I'm actually still not 100% sure if I didn't do anything to overflow damage numbers since I was so sure, but it makes no sense looking at those numbers and my other memory.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2017, 05:44:18 PM »
Sufficiently buffed Traumerei is actually a very respectable attack on low MND enemies, and its delay isn't awful either. It's kind of like a MYS-elemental Blazing Wheel, except row-target instead of all-target, and on a character with way better survivability than Orin.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #310 on: January 10, 2017, 06:11:29 PM »
In my experience it was a nice boss attack when Rinno's atk/mag buffs were especially high, but after a couple turns it was usually better to use Scarlet Gold Sword, and I felt like equipping/librarying his magic wasn't being worth the result.

It's probably better for you because after 70 wins winner's def/mnd scaling isn't keeping up, so the greatly increased def/mnd influence isn't being a problem.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:18:16 PM by Serela »

« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2017, 06:50:49 PM »
Since I lost my save (I don't remember my level but I cleared the game and I missed like 2 achievement) and the Plus Disk came out, I took this opportunity to play the game in Hard Mode.

Well, I doubt I'll make it to the end seeing how I'm struggling at F5.  :D

Anyone else playing in HM ?

EDIT : Apparently none lel.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:43:58 PM by MiniTokki »

« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2017, 07:33:45 PM »
In my experience it was a nice boss attack when Rinno's atk/mag buffs were especially high, but after a couple turns it was usually better to use Scarlet Gold Sword, and I felt like equipping/librarying his magic wasn't being worth the result.

It's probably better for you because after 70 wins winner's def/mnd scaling isn't keeping up, so the greatly increased def/mnd influence isn't being a problem.

Yeah, a big part of understanding WINNER is that, after a few fight, def/mnd stop scaling up effectively - which is why, say, Youmu is much more effective than Yuugi, despite Yuugi's better piercing factor. And yeah, Scarlet Gold Sword is generally never worth it unless WINNER used Resistance (and even then, you might want to use Start of Heavenly Demise to not deplete your boosts too fast).

Though it should be noted that, while the def/mnd thing works also the other way, it depends very much on the attack. For example, WINNER's AoE magical attacks tend to have a very good piercing factor, but Longsword Ringil doesn't, which is why World-Shaking Military Rule is so important in phase 1 - without defense boosts, Longsword Ringil hits harder (on the tank, at least) than Wand of Destruction (no joke), and it's hellish fast.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #313 on: January 10, 2017, 08:18:50 PM »
Briefly off topic, but

I beat the
Spoiler:
Kedama Goddess
, the 760 boss icon. Was roughly level 700ish for it, but yeah, no, this was... hard, but I didn't need to grind much more than level 700ish with smart subclass distribution.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #314 on: January 10, 2017, 09:15:22 PM »
How do you use charagraph folder in LoT2?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #315 on: January 10, 2017, 09:35:43 PM »
Well Ringil just hits hard period. It's 225-75 which actually makes it tend to hit harder than Vorpal Blade generally (which is 250-125). Wand of Destruction doesn't even really do a lot of damage. Even on the first kill, without overlevelling a lot of how the fight will turn out basically depends on whether he spams Ringil or uses little to none of it.

« Reply #316 on: January 10, 2017, 11:57:34 PM »
Hmm, I've beaten the final boss and got the "last heroine" in the game ( I don't know how to spoiler tag :P) but I can't go to floor 27f and b8f due to the rock blocking the path. Am I missing something?

Also, apparently I'm missing tokiko. Which floor is she in?

Thanks!

« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2017, 12:21:02 AM »
Validon, is that boss refightable? Actually, are there -any- refightable bosses on plus disc?

How do you use charagraph folder in LoT2?

The pattern for portrait names goes like this, same character order as ingame/wiki. I did upload some altered portraits back on page 7 by the way, but no one likes them. You can't use that as blueprint though since I only touched like 4 characters I think and didn't include the originals.

[attach=1]

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2017, 12:49:10 AM »
As far as I know, the only refightable bosses in the Plus Disk are
Spoiler:
Yamata no Orochi and Ura Yamata no Orochi
, but neither of them give anything like the final boss of the regular game does so there's no reason to refight them.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2017, 12:51:04 AM »
There's an achievement about a lingering boss, but I believe it's in the content that's supposed to be added early/mid january.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2017, 01:01:17 AM »
IIRC the lingering bosses were like on... 30F according to the achievement? But I might be mistaking it with an achievement that just asks to beat "one" of the bosses on 30F. Along those lines, having gone through img3, I've found that in addition to the regular Shadows of the characters and their Abyss forms used in the Endless Corridor, there's also "Heaven" forms of the Shadows. They're labeled alongside the other shadows so they have no known position, but I'm almost positive if it's anything like the original game's 30F, they're probably gonna regular encounters on 30F. Definitely not B11F at least, since that's got a "fleshy hell" aesthetic while everything above 20F is a heaven/super heaven aesthetic.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2017, 01:14:45 AM »
Welp, return of  Thlaby1's 30F softconfirmed!

It makes for neat grinding, that's for sure. Hype battle music too I hope!

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2017, 01:32:23 AM »
Validon, is that boss refightable? Actually, are there -any- refightable bosses on plus disc?

The pattern for portrait names goes like this, same character order as ingame/wiki. I did upload some altered portraits back on page 7 by the way, but no one likes them. You can't use that as blueprint though since I only touched like 4 characters I think and didn't include the originals.

[attach=1]

Dimensions?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2017, 03:01:29 AM »
Tokiko is on 22F. You need to have found four volumes of The Future of Non-Von Neumann Computers to find her though; all I remember was that volume 12 is on 21F behind a rock which requires 16 jet-black fragments. I missed that and had to backtrack to get her.

The level 760 boss is just a sigil bearing boss. The only thing that makes her interesting to us right now is because her sigil is designed to unlock an area quite far beyond what we have right now, so she's a boss that's far above the level of any boss we have so far.

As for the bosses that will be available in late plus I'll just copy the achievement list text over (read from bottom to top)

Spoiler:
The sub-equip "Source of Dragon God's Power" can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating True Dragon God.
The sub-equip "Demi-fiend's Reason" can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating the lingering enemy on 30F.
The special item "Tome of Spartan Weathering - Speed" can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating all strong enemies on 29F.
2,000,000 money can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating 1 strong enemy on 29F.
The special item "Title of *WINNER*" can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating ***WINNER***.
The special item "Dragon God's Scales" can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating the Dragon God.
The sub-equip "Ame-no-Habakiri" is the reward.
Achievement obtained from defeating Yamata no Orochi Hollow.
As congratulations, take this 1,000,000 money.
Achievement obtained from defeating Yamata no Orochi.

« Reply #324 on: January 11, 2017, 07:25:40 AM »
Oh, I thought we already have all of the plus disc content and future patches were supposed to just unlock more endless corridor floors, interesting.

Dimensions?
Seems to be different for everyone, at least the small ones, it -might- work to just use 800x600, 192x113, 190x29 which are the highest dimensions I found on a glance.
If that doesn't work, I uploaded the rips from qazmlpok with properly named portraits so they're easier to use.
https://puu.sh/tioQp/9c5cb808a8.7z

Credits go to qazmlpok, see here https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15170.420.html
I just put numbers on them so they work.
Note that qazs download includes those alternate portraits of iku and tenshi. (and the 20F boss)

« Reply #325 on: January 11, 2017, 10:41:51 AM »
Tokiko is on 22F. You need to have found four volumes of The Future of Non-Von Neumann Computers to find her though; all I remember was that volume 12 is on 21F behind a rock which requires 16 jet-black fragments. I missed that and had to backtrack to get her.

The level 760 boss is just a sigil bearing boss. The only thing that makes her interesting to us right now is because her sigil is designed to unlock an area quite far beyond what we have right now, so she's a boss that's far above the level of any boss we have so far.

As for the bosses that will be available in late plus I'll just copy the achievement list text over (read from bottom to top)

Spoiler:
The sub-equip "Source of Dragon God's Power" can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating True Dragon God.
The sub-equip "Demi-fiend's Reason" can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating the lingering enemy on 30F.
The special item "Tome of Spartan Weathering - Speed" can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating all strong enemies on 29F.
2,000,000 money can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating 1 strong enemy on 29F.
The special item "Title of *WINNER*" can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating ***WINNER***.
The special item "Dragon God's Scales" can be obtained.
Achievement obtained from defeating the Dragon God.
The sub-equip "Ame-no-Habakiri" is the reward.
Achievement obtained from defeating Yamata no Orochi Hollow.
As congratulations, take this 1,000,000 money.
Achievement obtained from defeating Yamata no Orochi.

Thanks for the answer! Now I can go further :D

Come to think of it, what are these special items on page 4 and 5?  Looking at the kanjis they seem to boost their respective stats, but I can't use them. How do I use these?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2017, 11:12:37 AM »
Those are the characters' awakening items. If you get one, that character will be able to use their new corridor skills, plus that character will do 1% more damage and take 0.5% less damage for every copy (to a maximum of 50 stacks). You need to get your initial copy of each kind by trading in Greater Jewels of Awakening (from defeating shadow bosses in corridor), but you can trade 12 infinity jewels for additional copies.

« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2017, 02:18:43 PM »
Those are the characters' awakening items. If you get one, that character will be able to use their new corridor skills, plus that character will do 1% more damage and take 0.5% less damage for every copy (to a maximum of 50 stacks). You need to get your initial copy of each kind by trading in Greater Jewels of Awakening (from defeating shadow bosses in corridor), but you can trade 12 infinity jewels for additional copies.

So you need to awaken a character before you're able to use these?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2017, 02:33:51 PM »
So you need to awaken a character before you're able to use these?

Getting your first copy IS what "awakens" the characters.

« Reply #329 on: January 11, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »
Getting your first copy IS what "awakens" the characters.

Ah sorry, I think we have a misunderstanding. I meant these items.