Author Topic: D3D error?  (Read 4452 times)

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
D3D error?
« on: August 06, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »
So I picked up SWR recently, but when I try to run it it crashes before even the loading screen comes up and gives me an error:

I just updated my DirectX for MoF, so I'm pretty sure I have the latest version. I've played all the games up through SA, and this is the only one that's having problems.

Re: D3D error?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
Go to start>run, type 'dxdiag.exe' (w/o quote marks) into the box and hit enter.

If you are asked to connect to the internet to see if your drivers are signed, click no. Then post up a screenshot of what it spits out on each tab.

You might also want to play around with compatibility modes... right click on the exe file and hit properties, from there you can set different compatibility modes.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:42:43 PM by psych-cf »

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 10:10:49 PM »
I tried compatibility modes already, it didn't do anything.

here are the shots:
System
Display
Sound
Music
Input
Network

"No problems found" on all counts. Again, this is the only game in my library that's complaining and I didn't find it listed as a common problem in THWiki or anywhere.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »
oh, this happened to me on another computer

I never figured it out because my now-computer seems to play it with no problems

(maple and wheat both own, I just set my appearance to the former)

(edit: OT, the very fact that Reimu Hakurei is a Japanese name renders your point moot)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:01:26 AM by lgb »
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 03:19:56 AM »
*sigh* It's probably just that my graphics card is old and crappy. Oh well. I suck at fighting games anyway, I was just gonna play once or twice for the story. Guess there's always Youtube for that, though, huh?

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 03:51:31 AM »
saw the screenies and I'm sad to say that is the problem; SWR requires a GeForce 6 or better (odd, pretty sure the computer I had first tried this on had 2006 parts... should have actually checked them)

ZUN doesn't like endings (even translated ones) being posted publicly, so you'll have to get those from "other sources". that said you can get translations of the ingame dialogues and other things from the Touhou wikia (which pains me to say).

Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.