Author Topic: PoFV Netplay Issues  (Read 8669 times)

CK Crash

• boozer
PoFV Netplay Issues
« on: August 05, 2009, 05:45:08 PM »
I've been trying to netplay PoFV using Adonise (the one with the english patch), and nothing is working. Every single time, without fail, the window closes on the client side. Are there any common issues with PoFV netplay that may be causing this?

bloop

• Your local cephalopod
Re: PoFV Netplay Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:29:38 PM »
Using Vista? Me and my friends have had problems with netplay in the past that were usually fixed by setting both adonis and the th09 exe to Windows 98/Me compatibility.
sugeee

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 06:42:05 PM »
Neither of us are using Vista.

In addition, I once got an in-game netplay (not adonis) working with a different person, but it ended up going literally 2 or 3 FPS. I have a good connection, and I took down my firewall during netplay, so I don't know what's making PoFV act up.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »
suggestions:
- checking if PoFV and Adonise are using applocale (PoFV might be using and Adonise might not) and/or compatibility modes
- checking ports (routers may be configured to block them; you may want to try different ones..)
- if you're trying to communicate through your fists play with someone that's on Hamachi, using the Hamachi ip can work..
- different PoFV versions?
- could you check if the first person can run PoFV normally?
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 05:34:39 PM »
I never knew you had to use Applocale with PoFV. I've been playing it normally the whole time... It's worth a shot.

EDIT:
We finally got it working using Hamachi. Loads faster than the last time I tried :P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 06:42:07 PM by Onthenet »

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 07:31:16 PM »
you really should use AppLocale for anything that has some sort of Japanese origin, even the translation patches

at the least it's given as a strong recommendation and the very first thing you should check for before you bother someone about your program not working (the second being compatibility settings and the third being fiddling with the configuration if there is one outside of the main program)
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.