Author Topic: Can't play any of the PC98 Touhou games...  (Read 7840 times)

iindigo

Can't play any of the PC98 Touhou games...
« on: July 20, 2009, 07:27:21 PM »
Hey!

So I recently picked up a package with the orignal PC-98 Touhou games and have been trying to play them. Unfortunately, I haven't had very good luck.

I'm using NPIIx, which is the most recent port of Neko Project II to Mac OS X and as far as I know, the only PC-98 emulator on the Mac.

The emulator is configured correctly to the best of my knowledge - I even have the proper font selected. However, when I try to boot the emulator with any of the Touhou games, something goes wrong.

With TH01, after the intro sequence with the orbs, it simply drops to a screen with the text "A>op".

With any of the others, it shows the intro sequence and then shows an error in red Japanese text that contains "STOP" two times in the message.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? I'd like to give these games a shot.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
Re: Can't play any of the PC98 Touhou games...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 02:28:25 PM »
I've never actually used Neko Project, but ANEX86 and T98NEXT (particularly the latter) run the games good enough

have you tried any of those two in WINE? I haven't heard anything about that
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Momiji

• Cya
Re: Can't play any of the PC98 Touhou games...
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:31:13 PM »
Yeah, Neko Project doesn't run the PC98 Touhou games.  Your best bet is it try running T98-Next or Anex86 under Wine on OSX.