Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments  (Read 281945 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2009, 10:29:36 PM »
SO FUCKING CLOSE

Made it to Kaguya's last spell on Hard mode with Reimu solo. Died with 40 sec left on the counter... If I had just TWENTY more power items I could have gotten an extra life and beat it... TWENTY...

Oh well at least it seems my dodging skill has magically gone up after a long break from playing.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2009, 10:41:03 PM »
That's so weird, isn't it? How a long break increases your skill rather than decrease it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2009, 01:10:48 AM »
1cc SoEW normal. It was a lulzy 1cc but one nonetheless.

Adun

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2009, 01:14:34 AM »
2cc clear of EoSD Lunatic with 5 lives.

I'll try clearing it with default lives now.

nintendonut888

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2009, 02:26:17 AM »
1cc SoEW normal. It was a lulzy 1cc but one nonetheless.

=D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2009, 02:23:05 PM »
Made it to Evil Eye Sigma via total luck and bomb spam.

What the fuck is this shit? This stage is like cheap as hell, although I do admit there are some fun parts in it. O_o The homing tile explosions and the 4 way tile bursts were actually sorta fun to dodge. The section with the random submarines annoys me, but there must be a safespot.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 03:52:49 PM by Kanako Yasaka »

nintendonut888

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2009, 05:10:56 PM »
The trick to the submarines is to pick a side (doesn't matter which but I choose left) and stick to it. You only have to dodge one set of bullets this way and you get more point/power items to boot.

You know what's really annoying about SoEW? IN very rare occurences (as in like once every five or so playthroughs of the full game rare), and enemy will randomly drop a bomb or extend item. There's no way to predict this, and they never appear when you're in dire need of them.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »
You know what's really annoying about SoEW? IN very rare occurences (as in like once every five or so playthroughs of the full game rare), and enemy will randomly drop a bomb or extend item. There's no way to predict this, and they never appear when you're in dire need of them.
That's stupid. Does it ever happen in extra? (although one part in extra gives you like 5 lives)

Also: Is there a trick to the eyes near the beginning of the stage besides not sucking?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 06:18:56 PM by Kanako Yasaka »

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2009, 06:20:49 PM »
Made it halfway through Vivit's final form this morning, despite wasting 2 bombs in the run.  This 1cc is just inches from my grasp, I can feel it...

Also, I did some runs of SA stage 1 (it'll probably be my next lunatic after SG), and I think I've found a way to trivialize Yamame's opener. Instead of streaming it at the bottom, if you go up and to the right a bit after she shoots out the blue waves, it will misdirect the red waves a la ZA WARUDO.  I only tried it like 3 times but it seemed to work.

nintendonut888

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2009, 06:42:37 PM »
This should go under the embarrassing topic, but I feel it's more of an accomplishment. I beat Koishi just now despite dying twice on Sanae, another time on Danmaku Paranoia, another on PINGAS (when my death did enough to kill it too...), and one last time on Genetics of the Subconscious (I WILL capture this someday). Go me. >_>

That's stupid. Does it ever happen in extra? (although one part in extra gives you like 5 lives)

Also: Is there a trick to the eyes near the beginning of the stage besides not sucking?

During my 20~ day grind it happened about twice. Neither time was the clear.

I used to have trouble with the beginning, but as far as I can see it's streaming. It's a shame the video I studied no longer seems to be there or I could show you how to best do it (it took a long time to find it BTW).

Made it halfway through Vivit's final form this morning, despite wasting 2 bombs in the run.  This 1cc is just inches from my grasp, I can feel it...

Also, I did some runs of SA stage 1 (it'll probably be my next lunatic after SG), and I think I've found a way to trivialize Yamame's opener. Instead of streaming it at the bottom, if you go up and to the right a bit after she shoots out the blue waves, it will misdirect the red waves a la ZA WARUDO.  I only tried it like 3 times but it seemed to work.

Sounds interesting. I Touhou'd myself out for now, but this sounds like it's worth checking out.

nintendonut888

« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2009, 06:53:35 PM »
I JUST RECAPTURED VOWG LUNATIC.

OMG

That makes my history for it 2/123 >_>
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:18:23 PM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »
Sounds interesting. I Touhou'd myself out for now, but this sounds like it's worth checking out.

Guh, actually, don't bother.  I tried it out some more, and it doesn't work.  Turns out I just got lucky that time; if she gets too low on the screen, you hardly get any room to move.  I guess this pattern will remain bullshit...

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »
I JUST RECAPTURED VOWG LUNATIC.

OMG

That makes my history for it 2/123 >_>

Have you actually been counting or is that a guess at the denominator?

Regardless, (b^_^)b
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »
In game MoF only counts up spell card history to 99, but if you go to the records section the main menu it will continue to count up beyond that.

nintendonut888

« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2009, 01:03:23 AM »
That's what the history really is.

I figured out the trick: Don't go in with the intent of capturing VoWG. My first time it the run was actually to test a theory of mine (the theory was that if you bomb and go to the center of the screen during invincibility you can misdirect the waves and make it easier), and since it required bombing, I...never got around to testing it actually.

This time I specifically went in with the mindset of "Okay, here's VoWG failure reel number 122."

Pessimism rules.

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2009, 01:51:01 AM »
I figured out the trick: Don't go in with the intent of capturing _______.

Pessimism rules.

Isn't that what I told you about QED? :P

In game MoF only counts up spell card history to 99, but if you go to the records section the main menu it will continue to count up beyond that.

Oh.

*goes to check his real VoWG history.

16/168, I'll take it.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2009, 01:56:03 AM »
Isn't that what I told you about QED? :P

:'( I've tried that. Q.E.D rejects every method.

Gengetu Rape Time

« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2009, 02:07:31 AM »
Question for the pros at this sort of thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhhhtzyUZtg&fmt=18

Real or fake? The concept itself is dizzying, but I can't see any blatant signs of cheating. Yet...something about it bugs me.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2009, 02:21:12 AM »
Scarlet Meister time-out isn't that big of a deal, the card has a very short timer. Scarlet Gensokyo time-out is pretty silly though.

But this guy is well-known bullshit. He's gotten pretty good at hiding it, but some stuff like his performances on Eternal Meek and the second phase of Remi's final non-card always give him away.

nintendonut888

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2009, 02:39:29 AM »
Hmm, okay. What bugged me was actually the bullets; it's like they move slower than usual in that video, and Scarlet Meister didn't throw any particularly hard waves.

That reminds me: During my Scarlet Meister grind, I got really good at Scarlet Gensokyo and could capture it about one in twenty times (well, it's all relative), and I got this sick idea of timing it out without dying. I only tried it a few times, but I once got the counter down to 86 seconds.

« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2009, 03:22:28 AM »
Scarlet Meister time-out isn't that big of a deal, the card has a very short timer. Scarlet Gensokyo time-out is pretty silly though.

But this guy is well-known bullshit. He's gotten pretty good at hiding it, but some stuff like his performances on Eternal Meek and the second phase of Remi's final non-card always give him away.

Aww, I had hoped he was legit.  I've only seen a couple of his vids, but they were pretty crazy.  Too bad.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2009, 03:42:22 AM »
I guess this is sort of an accomplishment: I finally had a chance to get my mom to watch my playing. I showed her Stages 5 & 6 from my old Reimu/Suika SA Easy run, and then played the UFO demo Easy with MarisA. Playing UFO while explaining what each character's background is or what tactic I'm using to dodge was sort of difficult...

To keep this post from being too much of a derail, I managed a new high score (A mere 42M) with that MarisA UFO run, even with some dumb deaths in places because I was too distracted.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2009, 05:05:53 AM »
Question for the pros at this sort of thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhhhtzyUZtg&fmt=18

Real or fake? The concept itself is dizzying, but I can't see any blatant signs of cheating. Yet...something about it bugs me.
rofl. Phar pulled off more ridiculous bullshit, I see.

He also has no-bombs Lunatic 1cc's of both EoSD and SA. Both of these replays are very well hidden, but nevertheless still, bullshit.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

nintendonut888

« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2009, 05:24:44 AM »
Time for legit stuff:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3085

IN lunatic stage 3 no deaths. This stage has always given me problems, but I finally learned First Pyramid and Legend of Gensokyo (though I still fail the latter in the replay D:) and won without dying.

I still don't know how to handle General Headquarters Crisis without moving off to the side like that though.

DOUBLE FEATURE

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3086

IN lunatic stage 4b no deaths~

I suck rather hard at the first half of Marisa as you can see by me failing everything except her opener and even then flailing around like a maniac, but I somehow (and I don't know what the hell happened), I perfected the latter stage portion and did well enough to beat the rest of Marisa only failing Double Spark.

I am like on a roll tonight, aren't I? :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:45:36 AM by nintendonut888 »

nintendonut888

« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2009, 06:11:33 AM »

OMG. THIS IS THE BEST TOUHOU DAY EVER. I WANT TO TRY PERFECTING PCB STAGE 5 BUT DON'T WANT TO RUIN THE MAGIC.

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2009, 06:39:36 AM »
I'm sure you -are- satisfied.

Adun

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2009, 06:46:47 AM »
Donut's having joygasms.

I dare you to try PCB Stage 5 anyway.  :P

nintendonut888

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2009, 06:49:50 AM »
I did. I failed~

But just so I can say I've done something for every game today, I went and perfected the second half of PCB stage 3. Never mind how I sucked it up the rest of the stage. :P

TILDE~~~~~

nintendonut888

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2009, 08:04:53 AM »
One final achievement tonight (god I post a lot):

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3090

MoF lunatic 1cc. It doesn't suck like the last two. Other than that one ghastly death on Hina's midboss card and VoWG lunatic killing me as it was exploding (and I even had a bomb left >_<), this is much more acceptable in my eyes. Cleared with 4 lives.

AH HA HA HA HA! I feel on top of the world right now. Good night everybody.

Adun

« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2009, 09:35:21 AM »
Aahah, that's awesome.

I'm going to leave a match on overnight and see if it's still running when I wake up.
Or possibly while I'm at work.