Author Topic: Has ZUN forgotten about the PC98 games?  (Read 55603 times)

Re: Has ZUN forgotten about the PC98 games?
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2009, 05:04:35 PM »
Someday, just like the CH(Ex)N experiment, I'm going to make an ongoing updated breakdown of the Touhou cast by hair-color.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »
And even fewer people remembers that she was playable in both IaMP and SWR, and helps out Marisa is SA =/.
I have mixed feelings about IaMP and SWR. Can't really explain =S

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »
Someday, just like the CH(Ex)N experiment, I'm going to make an ongoing updated breakdown of the Touhou cast by hair-color.

To many blondes and err... greens. Touhou has a weird distribution of hair colour.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2009, 12:48:05 AM »
To many blondes and err... greens. Touhou has a weird distribution of hair colour.

There is no such concept as "too many greens."
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2009, 01:27:10 AM »
what Serp said

and i want more purple/pink hair chars

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2009, 02:08:09 AM »
what Serp said

and i want more purple/pink hair chars

In other news, PC-98 needs more fanart above all else. I could not find ANY art better than the two I just posted for Meira and Sara. Isn't it sad Sara? ;_;
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2009, 02:10:04 AM »
move on, donut..
i said MORE
not current.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2009, 02:11:43 AM »
Touhou has a weird distribution of hair colour.

This is the most bizarre complaint I've ever heard.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2009, 02:12:23 AM »
Zun will cover all colors!

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2009, 02:41:38 AM »
ZUN will include the colors that lie beyond the visual spectrum for awesomeness; only the wise people will be able to see them..

now, for Meira and Sara:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post?tags=meira&searchDefault=Search
http://www.pixiv.net/search.php?word=%E6%98%8E%E7%BE%85&s_mode=s_tag

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post?tags=sara&searchDefault=Search
http://www.pixiv.net/search.php?word=%E3%82%B5%E3%83%A9+%E6%9D%B1%E6%96%B9&s_mode=s_tag

edit: I should mention that these links may not be work-safe, as they're using search engines within image databases
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:44:48 AM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2009, 03:00:15 AM »
Alcohol reveal the invisible colors!! ;D

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2009, 04:04:12 AM »
ZUN will include the colors that lie beyond the visual spectrum for awesomeness; only the wise people will be able to see them...

UFO's final boss will have... strangely coloured hair, unlike any the world has ever seen. Only Yukari will be able to look upon it and recognize it; everyone else will only be able to call it "a colour out of space".

« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2009, 08:11:35 PM »
next step: Kourin will find a new artifact; a strange, special clothing made of mystical, very thin gold fibers, said in some legends to have been crafted by humble, skilled artisans for an emperor. Such clothing has now acquired the property of greatly amplifying one's inner abilities/powers, but it also alter the personality of its user.

Kourin somehow finds it, considering that it's seemingly near-invisible to him and, having difficulties trying to understand its origins, tries it, when he notices an increase in his physical strength..
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »
ZUN "forgets" the games before the game he is currently working on. Or at least, he's done so lately.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Tengukami

« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2009, 04:02:52 PM »
ZUN "forgets" the games before the game he is currently working on. Or at least, he's done so lately.

You mean by taking a boss from Touhou 10 and making her playable in Touhou 12?

(EDIT: The above statement was intended to be irony, i.e., playable Sanae in Touhou12 is an example of the opposite of lgb's remark. This message brought to you by the Society for the Irony Impaired.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:49:29 PM by Amaterasu-ōmikami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2009, 08:43:28 PM »
You know I'm really getting tired of these ZUN is so crap posts. I was really impressed with the level of consistancy between the written works and I think people are being dicks over stuff that on the grand scale of continuity are actually relatively minor. I don't think it's down to a genuine view or opinion just misdirected cynicism you get in a lot of fandom nowadays. For what he does, he does well.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »
You know I'm really getting tired of these ZUN is so crap posts. I was really impressed with the level of consistancy between the written works and I think people are being dicks over stuff that on the grand scale of continuity are actually relatively minor. I don't think it's down to a genuine view or opinion just misdirected cynicism you get in a lot of fandom nowadays. For what he does, he does well.

Where's my Marisa thread again?
rofl bye

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2009, 12:39:49 AM »
Well, ZUN said that Mima won't come back until the scenario give her a chance.
I mean, Yuka came back in TH09 because it was about flowers, that's all.

There's one thing for sure, Mima is the key to understand the timeline between TH05 and TH06.

Maybe that's the reason why ZUN didn't bring her back.

nintendonut888

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2009, 01:03:56 AM »
Well, ZUN said that Mima won't come back until the scenario give her a chance.
I mean, Yuka came back in TH09 because it was about flowers, that's all.

There's one thing for sure, Mima is the key to understand the timeline between TH05 and TH06.

Maybe that's the reason why ZUN didn't bring her back.

Says who? Mima actually was very insignificant to the plot by MS. Then again, the same could be said for Yuka.

Personally, I don't care if Mima ever comes back. There are better PC-98 characters to moan about never returning anyway.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2009, 01:10:12 AM »
yup, like Sariel (my PC98 favourite)
However, ZUN said that TH01 was only a test game, so it's hopeless.

Tengukami

« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2009, 08:54:37 AM »
It'll be awesome when UFO 1.0 comes out and not only is Mima not there but the Five Magic Stones are the Stage 4 boss. Then again, Mima's return would at least stop the whinebitchmoan chorus about her absense. Jesus, it's like they think ZUN is willfully holding her back just to personally torment them. Not talking about all Mima fans here, mind you; just the ones who seem to think they're owed her return.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2009, 09:29:10 AM »
Mima is awesome. But I do miss the tongue-ghosts a lot more than anything else from PC-98
rofl bye

Tengukami

« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2009, 09:50:52 AM »
Mima is awesome. But I do miss the tongue-ghosts a lot more than anything else from PC-98

The tongue-ghosts made the games impossible for me to play at first because I was laughing too hard. I adore them.

« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2009, 09:53:51 AM »
Prays to Moriya, Tongue ghost comes back as a loli in ufo.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2009, 09:59:30 AM »
Prays to Moriya, Tongue ghost comes back as a loli in ufo.

Nah, it wouldn't be the same as a loli. It would just phail
rofl bye

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2009, 11:58:40 AM »
The tongue-ghosts made the games impossible for me to play at first because I was laughing too hard. I adore them.
Someone didn't play enough Kiki Kaikai.

nintendonut888

« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2009, 08:57:18 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEsD_ICJ6WA

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2009, 10:38:34 PM »
I've found true love!
rofl bye

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2009, 01:51:37 AM »
Having seen this video (even though I've played the PC-98 games before.. I had this idea just now), I thought: People should do an Armed Police Batrider game for Touhou. And this should be the first stage. (or last one, if you're thinking about Touhoupachi Daioujou)

And it would have guest bosses/playable characters and a boss rush mode, too.
Translations.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2009, 01:21:53 PM »
You just know he's gonna resurrect yumemi in UFO :V