Author Topic: Yukari's Master Degree in Biology  (Read 8967 times)

Yukari's Master Degree in Biology
« on: October 04, 2016, 04:17:33 AM »
So with the recent chapter of Touhou Ibarakasen, we find out the obvious that Yukari have "studied Biology for awhile now". Obviously she'll get what I said in the title, but what do you think she could do with her "studies'? No obvious shit like cure Cancer or something.

Re: Yukari's Master Degree in Biology
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 05:30:46 AM »
It helps with the cooking of humans for the hungry Youkai of Gensokyo.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 05:40:01 AM by the old guy »
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 06:25:52 AM »
Could be, like inventing brand new kind of preservative, or even a rejuvination medicine that would cure the meat to peak majurity.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 01:41:14 PM »
Or maybe its just Yukari's euphemism for having known how hypocritical modern-day westerners can be.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 01:53:10 PM »
These threads are getting increasingly silly.

That's all I have to offer on the subject.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 12:59:35 AM »
I knew it! that transfer student are actually Yakumo freakin Yukari after all! the nerve! 17 my ass!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:01:27 AM by MANoBadAssGar »

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 02:05:47 AM »
what transfer student?

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 09:01:31 AM »
no im sorry i was just fooling around

anyway, think she could publish a book out of her study? you know, Biology - Mythical Creature Edition......or How To Pick Beast As Your Shinigami......

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 09:47:10 AM »
That would make it a non-fiction fiction though.

I think maybe with that, she's also playing the long game to biologically conditioned human into her servant unnoticed and silently take over the world.

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 01:17:36 PM »
The idea of Yukari posing as a student (even presumably an adult student) in a mundane real world school every once in a while to learn something is amusing, if that's what she actually did.  And yet, it is something that would make some sense (the only other alternative being to spy on the school lessons in secret or steal books all over the place, which is equally amusing)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:22:54 PM by Tiamat »

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »
I knew that, just that with this topic coming up, I want us to just concentrate on 1.

With Yukari, I don't think so. Or at least it's a matter of time before Yukari does her medicine 10 times better.

I wonder in the span of 1000 years did she also travel to alien civilizations and could actually be a chief scientist as a certain federation or something.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 12:59:40 AM »
I think maybe with that, she's also playing the long game to biologically conditioned human into her servant unnoticed and silently take over the world.

*realization sfx* could be......
What if......it's not actually that Gensoukyo are sealed inside, but it's us that are sealed outside, & Gensoukyo is the real & proper Earth ?
And we all outsider are her experiment subject for evolutionary living environment of hazardous chemical......*gasp*
*shudder*

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 08:21:49 AM »
Albeit I think the topic's been derailing pretty hardcore, it's still interesting to note two things on the WaHH chapter in question:

1) Yukari studied biology at some point.   
2) She goes through sterilization procedures whenever she leaves and reenters Gensokyo.

Part of me wonders if she's bluffed when she said that or if there really is any way for her to really be sterilized whenever she goes to and fro.  Maybe with Magic?  Maybe with some sort of machine from the outside world?

Personally, it's a bit of a shame that the fact she's studied biology can't point anywhere towards Maribel.  I imagine we all want more information to connect Mery and Yukari again, so for a second I thought there could be anything to use.   I haven't read all of the sealing club stories, but I presume Maribel's never mentioned taking some extra classes on biology or anything of the sort, yes?

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »
The border of dirty and cleaniness, that's how :)

Back on topic: she could create some kind of serum that would turn people into mutant and be the head of Yukari's school for "gifted" children :)

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 01:30:07 PM »
That's... not the topic.

Anyway, I wouldn't take the line about studying biology to imply that she ever went to university and more that she reads a lot of books and is arbitrarily old. She's probably studied every other subject too.

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 01:52:15 PM »
Probably so (she's smarter than those professors), I just think that she could easily get one of those thing.

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 03:53:44 PM »
Anyway, I wouldn't take the line about studying biology to imply that she ever went to university and more that she reads a lot of books and is arbitrarily old. She's probably studied every other subject too.

True, true.   The subject wasn't too complex either, I guess part of me just wanted to try finding something which could correlate her and Mery, heh.

With every appearance she has in WaHH though it always seems that she sheds in a little bit more of her backstory and motives than before.  It's pretty refreshing to see that rather than having her just being the completely-mysterious-uncanny-lady she's often associated as.

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 07:37:53 PM »
Really, Yukari just wants to better understand her Hakurei breeding project.  That, and making sure to keep up with Eirin.

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 05:08:57 AM »
I agree with Clarste. Why does everything Yukari does need to have some grand conspiracy behind it?

Can't she just be learning Biology just for fun? Or because she finds it interesting?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 05:29:37 AM »
Because Yukari= Grand Conspiracies . You literally can't expect her to do something without it lead to a giant plot.

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 05:42:23 AM »
Stealing Reimu's food. Asking the residents of Gensokyo why the flowers bloom that way every 60 years. Telling Aya that her newspaper sucks. Teasing Rinnosuke. Helping Reimu solve the internal moon incident. Did any of these led to any grand plot? No. They were Yukari just having fun.

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 05:44:08 AM »
That last example is really questionable, you know with what she's planning with the occult balls

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 05:52:19 AM »
I was talking about IN. Not ULIL and the fallout that resulted from that.
And even then, i think my other examples still stand.
And TBH, the idea that Yukari is ALWAYS doing something as part of a big scheme makes her really boring. I'd like to think that aside from her giant ambitions, she also likes to just have fun for the sake of having fun. Or annoying people because she enjoys being a huge asshole.

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 06:09:15 AM »
She attends a ghost-story party in a Forbidden Scrollery chapter and has a ghost-story-off vs Mamizou there.   The entire thing was absolutely just for fun with pretty much no chance of a grand plot whatsoever.

That said, her biology studies are probably (probably) more somewhere in between.  Not for any particular specific grand plot but not just for fun, either.  It's basically just one more thing that helps her in taking care of Gensokyo, far as been shown at least.  For those who didn't read the chapter, she basically uses that knowledge and mentions sterilization as part of making sure Genoskyo's eco system is okay when Kasen accidentally starts introducing an invasive dandelion species to it.  That's actually a rather mundane-but-smart use for it that could have been a use for it by anyone in the real world, too (not that that keeps people from introducing invasive species to various places anyways, alas...)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:11:26 AM by Tiamat »

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 07:02:47 AM »
She plans to overthrow Agatha ChrisQ by publishing a maniac murder mystery with a more in depth anatomy description

& fail (then she use depression as excuse to sleep more)
later on, Kanako release a weekly series of murder light novel under the new Bunbunmaru weekly magazine with art by Hotatehime(who later become disabled in mind)

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 07:26:59 PM »
From what I could see Yukari's role in WaHH is more often than not actually shutting down possible incidents before they see the light of the day.  Surprisingly, said incidents happen more often than not on Kasen's fault (even if they seem accidental). 

Albeit I believe that she's not a walking conspiracy too, it goes without saying there are a handful of things related to her which are pretty mysterious.  What comes to mind now is her involvement in supplying humans for the youkai of Gensokyo.  Probably she spirits them away from the outside world?

Even if a theory like this is pretty straightforward, it's kind of interesting to see how she's usually involved in the matters.  She mentions it on WaHH (two times, I think?) and of all people she decided to give Aya an interview to clarify the 'bones' Kizume threw at some children.  And then there's the fact the bones vanished and the well got filled up with dirt a while later.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 01:48:53 AM »
Yukari certainly isn't all grandiose schemes and string pulling.  The only suspicious thing she's possibly associated with at the moment is the urban legends, and that is just an extension of Gensokyo's natural metaphysics in the first place.  But her other recent appearances show that she is just doing the routine business of protecting the Border, and having some fun as well.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Drake

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 07:51:31 AM »
mamizou shows up a lot because she's a knowledgeable and meddling character that can act freely in the human vlilage

"mamizou is showing up too much where's yukari"

yukari shows up literally like twice

"omg conspiracy something big is happening"

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2016, 10:51:54 AM »
Yeah guys, stop talking bad about Yukarin17, even if ZUN say shes nasty, she put money in Hakurei Shrine donation box!
Then again, she might be just made that all up, i mean she might not even know or sure that Kasen herself really goes back & forth between Gensoukyo & outside, even the last time Kasen did she need that "crack" from occult balls.
Kasen might just really own an "Ocean Pond"(laugh). anyway, according to mothafucka Rinnosuke (& translator), apparently Sumireko & Kasen has been a smuggling partner in crime for a while now. (i knew that pink cow a fuckin evildoer)

Kanako can be fucked up, but rather than Yukari, instead, Mamizou & Kasen strike me more as scheming duo/rival
who say its all not lunarian conspiracy, they had balls to make those balls in the first place
Yukarin is nastily good

Where was the track again? ah, yeah, ugh.....Yukarin can.......pawn her diploma?.........

btw, i dont know Yukarin-chan-tan planned something with balls, what are you guys talking about? where was i all this time?

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2016, 03:14:15 PM »
The ending of LoLK, Marisa route. And please, we're talking about Yukari here. If she want to pawn, she would have pawn her Potential-Nobel-Prize-and-others studies for trillions of dollar.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:19:46 PM by andykhang »