Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 227369 times)

Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2013, 07:13:46 AM »
Yes I think it was a lava room that I saw when I used an earlier version of the game to get past that part.
I was able to enter the cave now when it was part of the plot. I guess it might have been fixed with one of the more recent updates? I wasn't able to enter the cave without downgrading the game before.
Edit: I am now able to enter the cave, but I can't go back into the forest...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:24:07 AM by PhantasmEx »

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2013, 08:31:44 AM »
Wait, which forest? I'm utterly confused now...you mean Eastern Forest? There shouldn't even be any problems with that. o_O

« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »
Not sure if spoiler but just in case
Spoiler:
Before the plot told me to enter eastern forest, I was able to go through eastern forest and exit to the world map but I was blocked from entering the cave to makai to fight omega.
Later when the plot told me to go through the forest to makai, it let me enter the cave, but it isn't letting me go back down to the eastern forest.
I've just been having issues in the world map and not the eastern forest itself.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »
Will look into that. That seems extremely bizarre that that's happening though...

EDIT - Found the cause. For some reason, there's invisible events that prevent you from going back into Eastern Forest from that side. Those have been removed (hopefully you didn't have to go back to get supplies? ^^;;; ). It'll be fixed in the next update patch. I'll have to look into Remains of Hell's problem later when I actually get there myself.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:39:41 PM by Xenomic »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2013, 08:59:15 AM »
Ok, so I am thinking of completely revamping Suwako's skillset or SOMETHING. SOMETHING to make her more unique, but what exactly? Any ideas on how to make Suwako NOT suck? No, I'm not going to remove her because she's pivotal to the storyline and NEEDS to be playable for it...

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2013, 09:39:13 PM »
If you think Suwako sucks, why not just buff her stats here and there to make her more useful? A skill that could be used to deal damage would be nice too, I remember the water fountain attack was doing 1/10 the damage of my other characters' attacks...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2013, 10:38:29 PM »
Water and Ice are generally weak elements (if you noticed with Cirno, even her Ice attacks don't really do THAT much damage). The problem with Suwako is she doesn't get many skills early on (which I'm going to rectify), but it also hurts her that her skills are...kinda not great. Her stats are fine, is her SKILLS that are the issue here.

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2013, 11:35:07 PM »
Maybe if she had some sort of self buff or maybe party buff skill similar to how her debuff(green jade or something) is currently, like it grants several random positive statuses. As for her water spout I think it's base damage was 1/10 of cirno's ice moves.. I wouldn't mind another character with access to bubble either.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2013, 11:44:15 PM »
Well, this is what does what for those curious:

*Moriya's Iron Ring - Starts. Deals physical damage to one target while ignoring the target's Defense stat. Level 1 deals 300 damage while level 10 deals 1650 damage.
*Suwa Spring Water - Starts. Upgrades to Horrid River. Suwa Spring Water (Level 1-5) is a single-target Water-elemental magic attack, while Horrid River (Level 6-10) is an AoE Water-elemental magic attack (the damage formula continues off from where Suwa Spring Water leaves off). Level 1 deals 50 damage, while level 10 deals 1175 damage.
*Red Mouth Mishaguji - Suwako's ultimate. Deals Shadow-elemental damage and Poison/Blind/Silence/Slow to one target with 80% accuracy. Ignores the target's Defense stat. Base damage is 6000 damage.
*Frog's Rest - Restores HP to Suwako. Level 1 restores 600 HP while level 4 restores 1050 HP.
*Monstrous Toad Goad - Increases one ally's Speed permanently for the rest of the fight. Is Shadow and Magic based, so can miss on those immune to either. Level 1 increases Speed by 2 while level 4 increases Speed by 20.
*Native God's Curse - Starts. Reduces one target's Speed permanently for the rest of the fight. Is Shadow and Magic based, so can miss on those immune to either. Has a 70% accuracy. Level 1 reduces Speed by 2 while level 4 reduces Speed by 20.
*Blighted Earth - Requires Native God's Curse to be fully upgraded. Is just an AoE version of Native God's Curse.
*Ancient Jade - Starts. Inflicts random statuses whose Level is equal to the level of the skill (so if level 1, can randomly inflict any Level 1 status on the target. This includes buffs and debuffs!).

So there's that. Note, Suwako does have 4 dummied out skills (Full Sakura Blizzard, Seven Stones, Frog God, and Brave the Elements) not used yet, so she MIGHT get those as well. Just need to make them unique enough to be usable.

Data on those dummied out skills. Note they won't do these exactly if they're put back in:

Name: Brave the Elements
Type: Magic
Target: All Allies
Attribute:
MP Per Level:
   1 - 70% Max MP
   2 - 70% Max MP
   3 - 70% Max MP
   4 - 70% Max MP
   5 - 70% Max MP
Condition Per Level:
   1 - Regen
   2 - Regen
   3 - Regen
   4 - Regen
   5 - Regen, Bubble
Variance: ア 0
Additional Information:
   *Dummied skill

Name: Seven Stones
Target: Single Enemy
Attribute: Earth
MP Per Level:
   1 - 5% Max MP
   2 - 5% Max MP
   3 - 5% Max MP
   4 - 5% Max MP
   5 - 5% Max MP
Condition Per Level:
   1 - Disable: 10%
   2 - Disable: 20%
   3 - Disable: 30%
   4 - Disable: 40%
   5 - Disable: 50%
Damage/Healing Per Level:
   1 - 0
   2 - 0
   3 - 0
   4 - 0
   5 - 1200
Additional Information:
   *Dummied skill

Name: Full Sakura Blizzard
Target: All Allies
Attribute:
MP Per Level:
   1 - 5% Max MP
   2 - 5% Max MP
   3 - 5% Max MP
   4 - 5% Max MP
   5 - 5% Max MP
Condition Per Level:
   1 - Cures Curse
   2 - Cures Curse, Disable
   3 - Cures Curse, Disable, Heat
   4 - Cures Curse, Disable, Heat
   5 - Cures Curse, Disable, Heat, Sap, MP Sap, Debrave, Deprotect, Defaith, Fear
Additional Information:
   *Dummied skill

Name: Frog God
Target: Self
Attribute: Earth
MP Per Level:
   1 - 10% Max MP
   2 - 10% Max MP
   3 - 10% Max MP
   4 - 10% Max MP
   5 - 10% Max MP
Condition Per Level:
   1 - Protect
   2 - Protect, Regen
   3 - Protect, Regen, MP Regen
   4 - Protect, Regen, MP Regen, Bravery, Faith
   5 - Protect, Regen, MP Regen, Bravery, Faith, Reflect
Additional Information:
   *Dummied skill

« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2013, 12:44:31 AM »
It definitely seems like she is worth playing in the end but I feel like the rest of the cast would seem equally powerful at that point. Maybe if there was a bit higher base damage on some of her skills at level 1 and reduced scaling so it ends at the same damage at Max level? Frogs rest could probably use some improvement 1000 hp for a turn just doesn't seem worth it especially at higher levels. Maybe if it was recovery of a percentage of hp, curing Suwako's statuses, or even granting a temporary regen buff it would seem useful. I also hope that there will be some more skill book shops because it seems like raising skills is really difficult especially since I lost access to most skill shops by progressing through the game.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2013, 12:47:31 AM »
Beta5 is where the next set of skills come into play (yes, you can play partially into beta5. Just not the Hollowed Caverns yet). And things get REALLY expensive there (also, the rest of Nitori's Stock skills can be bought there as well~).

Suwako's meant to be a weaker type character in terms of damage ironically enough, while dealing with random stuff, like how Ancient Jade is supposed to be, or things like the speed debuffs/buffs and whatnot. That's SUPPOSED to be her gimmick but...it's kinda not super great in the end. Kinda like how Komachi's skills are kinda cool, but in the end you're probably going to want to kill enemies as fast as possible and not fudge around with statuses as much. It's difficult, to say the least. ^^;;

« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2013, 03:28:36 AM »
Found what you were talking about in beta 5 with skills and whatnot and here is where I ask if it is possible to implement a button that scrolls through inventory faster because skill scrolls take forever. :_;

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2013, 03:31:06 AM »
Yeah, that's something I need to look into. I'll probably have to custom code it so that it auto-learns the next thing in the batch, but it'll be tricky...

FortissimoBui

• Cerebral Assassin
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2013, 03:58:56 AM »
In the Palace of Earth Spirits after seeing Satori, i cant get into Hell
Melody on Earth

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2013, 04:51:16 AM »
You're not supposed to go into that area until the 2nd visit. I need to do some other stuff with that door so just head back outside as Reimu said to do.

FortissimoBui

• Cerebral Assassin
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2013, 01:19:21 AM »
Ahh. my bad. btw i love what you did with PC98 Reimu and Meimu on the yingyang thing. it really improved
Melody on Earth

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2013, 01:24:11 AM »
That was all done by Narise, and I loved how he handled that scene too. It fits in perfectly with how they're portrayed in the game, as well as with both halves of Reimu.

So I'm thinking that Cirno and Yuuka will probably be losing their overworld abilities. Yuuka's is already on a piece of armor for Aya/Momiji (granted, if you can GET the darn thing from the Kedama Stack), and Cirno's can probably be relogated to a piece of equipment as well. Reason being that you ARE stuck with both of them for a while, and well...Cirno can make getting through some dungeons a lot more annoying than normal. Yuuka makes it harder to get INTO fights...so yeah. Probably best to leave it to equipment for encounter stuff, which also means that they'll have no overworld abilities yet again. Le sigh...

FortissimoBui

• Cerebral Assassin
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2013, 03:12:33 AM »
Oh i noticed this in my run through. the HCRS doesnt have music and some boss battles dont have music playing. im using the default/vanilla music pack
Melody on Earth

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2013, 03:14:01 AM »
You'll need to get this then:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f1ifxwib7phr55z/Updated_Music_(for_Update_Patch_1.100).rar

I changed some of the music/file names, so they're in here. And some still won't play due to being corrupted probably so there's that...

FortissimoBui

• Cerebral Assassin
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2013, 04:23:52 AM »
yeah. some of the files r corrupted. oh im not sure if this came up yet, i loaded the game back on and all sound effects were gone, but music still plays.
Melody on Earth

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2013, 04:25:57 AM »
That's the first time I've heard of that one...

FortissimoBui

• Cerebral Assassin
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2013, 04:56:17 AM »
Hey Xenomic I've been playing through your game and it's been amazing so far. I wanted to report that
Spoiler:
a map was strange in the blazing pits of hell where you have to follow Yuugi into a cave that was initially blocked by a rock to find Suika. A few maps in, I did not see my sprite anywhere and was basically stuck there. I could still open my menu but I couldn't do anything. Aside from that, I also had trouble getting into Youmu's area with the most recent update patch. I had to downgrade the game in order to access the area. And how do you defeat Order with Iku and Letty? I'm stuck at that battle right now since Order keeps killing me and the game ends  ???
Ive encountered this problem with following Yuugi into the cave.
Melody on Earth

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »
I've fixed the problems with that segment of the game, which will be uploaded once I finish my LP. Apparently there were teleport errors and the such...herp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyrcW0oUaus

The starting episode of my own Let's Play for my own game, for those of you interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSYl_Vv2TCc

In this video, I show off some of the world map, as well as tell where NOT to go, for people who for some reason want to go to the places that are not of the going (and due to this, every area other than a few select areas are now locked off until the player has to got here).

« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2013, 05:54:40 PM »
i know that i must lose when i battle marisa but when i lose it says then game over

can someone help me

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »
Did you get the latest update version? That one fixes the problem, or should anyways. I haven't had any issues and nobody else has so far from what I'm seeing.

« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2013, 09:16:45 AM »
i have the latest update version 1.110 but when i use intel it says Rumia and not Marisa

what could it be

ps: it says game over when i lose to Marisa
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:18:23 PM by aleksaleks »

« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2013, 03:24:46 PM »
I'm not quite sure that issue was completely solved, but you should be able to get past the fight after a few attempts.

« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »

thats when i have game over

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »
Is it only when you use Intel? Or whenever you lose period? Because I haven't heard from anyone else that's been using the latest update losing at all to anyone. o_O

« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2013, 07:44:34 PM »
when i us intel and when i lose period