Author Topic: Post Your Artwork Thread V5  (Read 253318 times)

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
Re: Post Your Artwork Thread V5
« Reply #750 on: March 03, 2013, 12:06:04 AM »
Right, well, now that I've got my thoughts together...

The reason I'm having someone else do the colouring for me, aside from the fact that I'm still trying to get the hang of it myself, is because I kind of don't consider myself an artist, if that makes sense.  I'm just trying to get out some character designs I have in my head into a tangable form so that I can picture them clearer.  Thankfully I was able to find someone who could actually draw to collaborate with and to help fix up my rough designs, but I do suppose knowing that there's someone else to help me has helped my confidence grow, as seen by how much stuff I've gotten out lately compared to how much stuff I'd done in the past few years.  I'll admit that I'm probably getting better, but... Really, the whole point was less an artistic thing and more simply something to aid me in other ventures.  If that makes sense.

Anyways, um... Actually got that slouching pose to actually finally work, so... Here's something new.  Really like how the hair turned out, even if it does make her look like she's stuck in the 80s. :yukkuri:
I know what you mean about not considering yourself an artist. Usually I feel more like a drawer than an artist, because my drawings aren't particularly colorful or meaningful. They're just kind of concepty.
That being said, I still think it would be worth your time to learn some basic coloring. Considering that your drawings are pretty decent at this point, I don't think it would be impossible for you to learn it.

As for the new character... I like her hair. It's crazy and cool. :V
Her face is pretty well-done, but I noticed that the width of her sleeves seem asymmetric. Also her right shoe is a bit narrow, and her left shoe is big.

« Reply #751 on: March 03, 2013, 12:07:47 AM »
I don't like that attitude of yours, but I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

By the way, that pose is anatomically impossible. Just try and get your shoulders to be perpendicular to your legs. Not happening.

As for the design itself (since that is probably the main thing you want to show), the shirt is utterly bland, and those three lines on it mean nothing to me. Rather it just makes the shirt look messy. Try some frilly buttons or something. Jacket could use some designs rather than just being flat out blue. Maybe some motif on the side of the shoulder or the chest area.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:18:25 AM by NotaPirate »

pineyappled

« Reply #752 on: March 03, 2013, 12:34:13 AM »
Usually I feel more like a drawer than an artist,

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #753 on: March 03, 2013, 12:41:18 AM »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #754 on: March 03, 2013, 12:42:43 AM »

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #755 on: March 03, 2013, 12:48:51 AM »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Akitake

• MW
  • arrivederci~
    • PIXIV
« Reply #756 on: March 03, 2013, 05:19:08 AM »
I don't like that attitude of yours, but I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

By the way, that pose is anatomically impossible. Just try and get your shoulders to be perpendicular to your legs. Not happening.

As for the design itself (since that is probably the main thing you want to show), the shirt is utterly bland, and those three lines on it mean nothing to me. Rather it just makes the shirt look messy. Try some frilly buttons or something. Jacket could use some designs rather than just being flat out blue. Maybe some motif on the side of the shoulder or the chest area.

damn i need to seek advice from you one day; such concise and accurate observations! Hope you can help me improve one day ^^

Merp

« Reply #757 on: March 03, 2013, 06:02:32 AM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:04:55 AM by Merp »
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

« Reply #758 on: March 03, 2013, 06:15:17 AM »

That's pretty much what goes on in my mind when people claim that they are drawers...

« Reply #759 on: March 03, 2013, 06:43:42 AM »
Dear dawg  :V

Bio

• resident walker

« Reply #761 on: March 03, 2013, 10:32:08 AM »

Mmmmh, trying out something...

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #762 on: March 03, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »
isnt that like
at least 3 years old-
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #763 on: March 03, 2013, 05:58:20 PM »
I wonder though, where do humans come into this equation of perception and them vanishing points? Humans aren't remotely square or blocky, are there any guidelines or is it just guessing?

Loomis to the rescue!

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #764 on: March 04, 2013, 03:25:46 AM »

Mmmmh, trying out something...

If that arrow has 10.000ft then that girl is a giant, giant pantsu shot :O

And soon I'll end that challenge of drawing a hundred of specific themed pics to get some specific skill (drawing heads). I think that the next one that I'll try to draw 100 times are hands :) Anyway here is a Satori , I think that this head is the number 80, I am losing count :x

My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #765 on: March 04, 2013, 02:37:40 PM »

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #766 on: March 04, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »
Second page of my Youmu x Reisen book: http://www.houseofsixten.com/stealth/cirno/illusion/page002.jpg
Nice.
I think you should create your own thread for this. :3

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

pineyappled

« Reply #767 on: March 04, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »
Second page of my Youmu x Reisen book: http://www.houseofsixten.com/stealth/cirno/illusion/page002.jpg
Adorable as always! But your dialogue sounds too stiff. Also, change that font.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #768 on: March 04, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
Mystia never open her eyes  :3
Also maybe you could use a brighter texture to the background that are closer of the viewer and a darker one to the part which is more far away.

Annndd does this profile side view pic looks correct?

My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

pineyappled

« Reply #769 on: March 04, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »
No.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #770 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20:13 AM »
On a more specific note, the most glaring problem is the shape of her face. The lower portion of her nose, where the nostrils would be, is too big. The area between the tip of your nose and the top of your lips is generally not much wider than two fingers, but Iku here could fit three or four.
Remember that noses point downward, not upward, unless you're going for a pig-like character. Which is, sadly, what Iku looks like with that nose.

I won't be able to point out all of the problems with this picture, but you should have been able to catch some mistakes simply by comparing it to a quick Google image search on "profile." Do you use references?
It may also help you to compare the heights of the features side-by-side with your own front-view drawings.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #771 on: March 05, 2013, 01:46:07 AM »
Well I tried to use some references and one fast tutorial about this because I am not used to draw this position yet. I changed the focus from rotated heads to the side profile view because I think that it will make me understand better the face, making it easier to draw the head when it is rotated or tilted. Thanks for the tips, I'll try to focus on these mistakes :P
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #772 on: March 05, 2013, 05:23:56 AM »
@Kinoko: I tried talking to myself a few times and changed the dialogue. I also changed the font back to the one I used for Autumn Children. I will admit to not being good with fonts - my publisher has had to change the font in both my books so far. I do have way above average handwriting, strangely enough.

Updated version: http://www.houseofsixten.com/stealth/cirno/illusion/page002.jpg

@Delfigamer: You're right, Use Your Illusion should have its own thread. I'll set one up and edit this post when it's done.

Edit: Here's the new thread: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14407.0.html
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:30:54 AM by Sixten »

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #773 on: March 05, 2013, 05:45:32 AM »
@Kinoko: I tried talking to myself a few times and changed the dialogue. I also changed the font back to the one I used for Autumn Children. I will admit to not being good with fonts - my publisher has had to change the font in both my books so far. I do have way above average handwriting, strangely enough.

There's nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with hand-lettering. I would use it more if my handwriting wasn't total rubbish. You can even make your own handwritten font if you feel like it.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

« Reply #774 on: March 05, 2013, 09:08:23 AM »
I personally find handwritten fonts really sexy. Too bad mine is rubbish too.

@Kaze_senshi dat nose, how did you not notice :V

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #775 on: March 08, 2013, 05:09:11 AM »
@kaze-senshi http://puu.sh/2dYnY

The Ikus at the bottom are a tiny trick I used a long time ago (no longer using it though I found it helpful)  to help with side profiles: Draw a non side profile, can be 3/4 if that's what you're familiar with (that's what I am familiar with, anyway huehue) and then a side profile beside it. Line the features up (eyes, nose, forehead, mouth, chin etc) to keep to proportions

h-hope you don't mine me red-lining your iku ;_ ;

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Merp

« Reply #776 on: March 08, 2013, 02:58:52 PM »

Pasu awareness week
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #777 on: March 08, 2013, 06:52:05 PM »
@Kaze_senshi dat nose, how did you not notice :V
Hohoho keep derping everyday :V

@kaze-senshi http://puu.sh/2dYnY

The Ikus at the bottom are a tiny trick I used a long time ago (no longer using it though I found it helpful)  to help with side profiles: Draw a non side profile, can be 3/4 if that's what you're familiar with (that's what I am familiar with, anyway huehue) and then a side profile beside it. Line the features up (eyes, nose, forehead, mouth, chin etc) to keep to proportions

h-hope you don't mine me red-lining your iku ;_ ;
No problem with red lines, red lines are always welcome, I think that this one will be pretty useful, thank you pasu S2

Pasu awareness week

Now I want a Pasu-head puppet :V

( ゆっくりしていってね)>

KrackoCloud

« Reply #778 on: March 17, 2013, 05:21:02 AM »

Finished playing DesireDriven. For whatever reason Tojiko is my favorite character :U

Do you like Touhou? Do you like Homestuck? Go play DesireDriven!

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #779 on: March 18, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »
Tojiko with legs, impossibiru :V
And her hat became a skirt :P

And I keep trying to draw side profiles, I think that this one doesn't look like a pig but it is kinda strange, maybe her face is too flat :V

( ゆっくりしていってね)>