Author Topic: Post Your Artwork Thread V5  (Read 253312 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: Post Your Artwork Thread V5
« Reply #630 on: January 29, 2013, 01:51:53 AM »
Maullar: My brain spazzed out halfway through writing that sentence and forgot that I wanted to correct it. I meant to say something along the lines of magazines or drawing from life. Though some artists do have really good grasps of anatomy and detail. Otoyomegatari, for example.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #631 on: January 29, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »
ill be never able to draw touhou because i'm always copying zun's works of art

sigh...
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #632 on: January 30, 2013, 10:41:25 AM »
You should rotate your scanner. :3

I should rotate imageshack to make it stop to rotate my rotated pics :P

ill be never able to draw touhou because i'm always copying zun's works of art
sigh...

Go go go copy UFO's 5th stage Nazrin, it's cute :)

And thanks for the feedbacks Pirate and Sakura, I should move the left arm(this arm looks wrong :V), ear and the breats a bit down but there is no CTRL+Z on paper, so here is Nue v2 with lasers

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:29:20 AM by Kaze_Senshi »
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #633 on: January 30, 2013, 04:23:25 PM »
Thiiirty... seven? You're like a minigun. :V
Or I am too slow.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #634 on: January 30, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
Thiiirty... seven? You're like a minigun. :V
Or I am too slow.

It's 33, you aren't too slow, my calligraphy skills sux :V
I wish I had more time to draw  :ohdear:
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #635 on: January 30, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »
Go go go copy UFO's 5th stage Nazrin, it's cute :)
guess who always dies to them big fists....UGH ;w;

might as well put it here HUEHUEHUEH
a belated birthday to the koishi that is yuuhime wwwwwww
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #636 on: January 30, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #637 on: January 31, 2013, 04:25:24 AM »
Looking back on this one, there are a few rather embarrassing mistakes, such as the middle of the large braided rope being held up without support, or the opposite corners of the stone lantern's roof both pointing toward the viewer, or the abnormally large head on Cirno but oh well. This is why it's been 10 years after I got out of art school and nobody wants to hire me to be an illustrator.

Edit: Just read the notice about maximum image size. Here's a thumbnail. Click the link below for the full size, color version.

http://www.houseofsixten.com/stealth/cirno/fairyring3/submit/poster_color.jpg
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:35:22 AM by Sixten »

« Reply #638 on: January 31, 2013, 07:23:22 AM »
> Embarrassing mistakes.

Still too good for my eyes.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #639 on: January 31, 2013, 12:11:51 PM »
Looking back on this one, there are a few rather embarrassing mistakes, such as the middle of the large braided rope being held up without support, or the opposite corners of the stone lantern's roof both pointing toward the viewer, or the abnormally large head on Cirno but oh well. This is why it's been 10 years after I got out of art school and nobody wants to hire me to be an illustrator.

Edit: Just read the notice about maximum image size. Here's a thumbnail. Click the link below for the full size, color version.

http://www.houseofsixten.com/stealth/cirno/fairyring3/submit/poster_color.jpg

What, that drawing looks great, I don't think that Cirno's wrong, she and Suwako looks fine. Take it easy :o

guess who always dies to them big fists....UGH ;w;
Don't give up, chase your dreams of gliding with dolphins as a robot unicorn

might as well put it here HUEHUEHUEH
a belated birthday to the koishi that is yuuhime wwwwwww

Dat facepalm :V

Dat improvement

Gotta study harder, talking about embarrassing mistakes I was trying to draw some surprise expressions, I think that I am starting to draw opened mouths that don't look like an inflatable doll's mouth :V
Also it's pretty hard to make characters in the same scene don't look out of place, you must be careful if their sizes, their position and etc. Also chins are too hard to draw :x
http://imageshack.us/a/img27/4958/tensurprises.jpg
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Delfigamer

« Reply #640 on: January 31, 2013, 02:21:56 PM »
Chins? Take a look at Aoshi's. Her ones are cute, actually.
And you're cheating. You draw anime eyes, while I attempt to translate real ones.
Crap. I completely lost a will to draw anything. That way I may even get worse than I now am.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:25:22 PM by Delfigamer »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #641 on: January 31, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #642 on: February 01, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »

heh, what a cute cirno. Also this is touhou you can never have a too big enough head

also @everyone: self-depreciating is helping no one!!!!

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #643 on: February 01, 2013, 03:58:34 AM »

Gotta study harder, talking about embarrassing mistakes I was trying to draw some surprise expressions, I think that I am starting to draw opened mouths that don't look like an inflatable doll's mouth :V
Also it's pretty hard to make characters in the same scene don't look out of place, you must be careful if their sizes, their position and etc. Also chins are too hard to draw :x
http://imageshack.us/a/img27/4958/tensurprises.jpg

Since you're focusing on getting better at drawing heads draw from life some more rather than drawing anime. 
Learn how the skull works and all that stuff.
You'll benefit more.  :V
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDG9TUHD1Cw
http://art-and-sterf.tumblr.com/post/41917348727/unrelatedstatus-expression-reference-dump-part
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls5n46vMGY1qjyasqo1_1280.jpg
http://www.freshdesigner.com/figure-drawing-reference/

also @everyone: self-depreciating is helping no one!!!!

and recycle the paper from bad drawings to wipe tears ; _ ;

Seriously though, its easier said than done but instead of moping around because you're art isn't where you want it and hating on yourself to the point where you become depressed, sit in a corner and start crying. Use those feelings to motivate yourself to practice more and become better at what you do. Don't let a mental illness or current situation stop you from doing something either. Find ways to use it to your advantage and overcome it. Don't worry about people who can draw better than you or anything like that and use that jealously you happen feel to motivate you even more. :derp: And If you can, ask them for some tips and help. Take small steps, It takes time.

Just don't give up.  :V

And remember
http://youtu.be/vrBWJLC22mE

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #644 on: February 01, 2013, 04:40:25 PM »
There's an old saying among beginning Go players: Lose 100 games quickly. Similarly, your first hundred or two pictures are going to suck. Don't dwell on trying to fix every picture, don't rip up your paper with the eraser. Move on, apply what you've learned, and try to focus on the fundamentals. It's what this guy did.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #645 on: February 01, 2013, 06:37:33 PM »
Don't dwell on trying to fix every picture, don't rip up your paper with the eraser.

Oh man, that's exactly me.  :derp: I need to fix my perfectionism...

Maybe I should play Go again.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #646 on: February 01, 2013, 09:32:23 PM »
Seriously though, its easier said than done but instead of moping around because you're art isn't where you want it and hating on yourself to the point where you become depressed, sit in a corner and start crying. Use those feelings to motivate yourself to practice more and become better at what you do. Don't let a mental illness or current situation stop you from doing something either. Find ways to use it to your advantage and overcome it. Don't worry about people who can draw better than you or anything like that and use that jealously you happen feel to motivate you even more. :derp: And If you can, ask them for some tips and help. Take small steps, It takes time.

Just don't give up.  :V

And remember
http://youtu.be/vrBWJLC22mE

Much more so for some people than others. Some of us don't have such relatively complete control of our respective psyches.

Quad City QBs

« Reply #647 on: February 01, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »
Much more so for some people than others. Some of us don't have such relatively complete control of our respective psyches.

Yes, and? It sucks that some people have to work harder than others to achieve the same result. But complaining about that fact isn't going to change it. And it's not going to change the fact that everyone, disabled or no, has to work and study hard to get good.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

Teewee

« Reply #648 on: February 01, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »
Thats not what I meant. Its getting that change in attitude that may be pretty much impossible for some people, since they dont even know how to start making themselves do it. An idea of it may come naturally to most, but to some, it leaves them utterly lost. Also, I never meant to let on that any complaining would change anything; I was just expressing my point of view.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:09:24 PM by Honest Espeon »

Delfigamer

« Reply #649 on: February 01, 2013, 10:37:42 PM »
My first program was a console hello-world written in Borhland C++ of Windows 3.1 times. Though, I was 10 years at the time, that was in 2005.
So, that first program wasn't compiled. I didn't wrote proper #includes, and not because I forgot, but because I had no idea what they do.
Now, e. g., I surely can redo most of EthanSilver's creatings. Previous versions of my project used OpenGL, now I moved to Direct3D 9. There was a time when I even tried to write my own drawing system, and code written in asm seemed to work just fine.
You think, I could gain that skill without writing calculators that Pascal refused to even compile?
Ah, also. Playing UT. I've started to play against Novice bots. And was losing. In that fateful 2005, I've finally managed to beat the last boss on that Novice. Now, I play against Adept..Godlike, depending on weapons and maps.
You still read? :V
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:52:17 PM by Delfigamer »

Teewee

« Reply #650 on: February 01, 2013, 11:00:11 PM »
That your programming skill progressed due to basic things you started off with? Thats not quite what I was talking about; its getting that change in attitude, or getting motivated that gets that progress moving in a better direction. If that's too uncommon a problem, then nevermind. ^^;

Delfigamer

« Reply #651 on: February 02, 2013, 12:03:33 AM »
My programming skill progressed due to programming practice.
And I had bad programs too. Just like ugly drawings now.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #652 on: February 02, 2013, 02:39:40 AM »
heh, what a cute cirno. Also this is touhou you can never have a too big enough head
Now I am thinking in Utsuho with her head getting big instead of her giant bubbles :V

Links

Oh cool links, thank you, that skulls looks so happy.
And there are nude models in one link, you should make it as NSFW :o
Shiki thinks that the link is NSFW too.

Oh man, that's exactly me.  :derp: I need to fix my perfectionism...

Maybe I should play Go again.
Sometimes I think that I am the opposite of the perfectionist, I become satisfied with simple things, maybe I should be more perfectionist :x

There's an old saying among beginning Go players: Lose 100 games quickly. Similarly, your first hundred or two pictures are going to suck. Don't dwell on trying to fix every picture, don't rip up your paper with the eraser. Move on, apply what you've learned, and try to focus on the fundamentals. It's what this guy did.
^
My programming skill progressed due to programming practice.
And I had bad programs too. Just like ugly drawings now.
I had programs, now I have bad drawings, bad pictures, bad songs, bad etc :V

And motivation is really a problem, you should watch some movies with underdogs like Rocky Balboa or Hajime no Ippo, don't give up, eye of the tiger, EYE OF THE TIGER EEAHH!
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Delfigamer

« Reply #653 on: February 02, 2013, 02:53:13 AM »
I'm motivated more by Syrufit, among other music.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #654 on: February 02, 2013, 12:17:49 PM »

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #655 on: February 03, 2013, 12:49:26 AM »
So I was downtown today and saw that jeans ad in one of the shops and totally tried to draw the pose when I was back home (with a few changes).
After sketching the stick figure, I almost wanted to stop again. Glad I didn't.
Absolutely failed in drawing the pose from the ad, though.

PS: I don't think it does need a tag, but it's kinda NSFW...
PPS: Non-Touhou stuff is fine,too?

I prefer the House sets from クロネコラウンジ(kuronekolounge) for pretty much everything (gaming/drawing/working).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:11:44 AM by Piranha »
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Teewee

« Reply #656 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13:53 PM »
@Kaze: That's a well-done Eiki! I like how you drew her as a cute response to a post. As for feedback, here:

Smoothing the lines would make it look somewhat nicer. Also, her right forearm needs slightly more meat. You can look at your own forearms to see what I mean. I'll PM you a redline later. Looking at her head, the arms should be a little wider. Also, her right arm seems longer than her left, but maybe that's just me.

@Piranha: I like your sketch, Piranha! I like how you made the jeans fit so naturally onto the nude model; well-done! If you're looking for feedback, feel free to look at (or ignore) this spoilered text:

Spoiler:
As far as I know (or maybe not), the arms are slightly too thin. As they are, they're actually perfectly fine (it's manga, after all!), but if you want to draw closer to realism, then perhaps you should make those arms just slightly thicker. I'd give feedback on the feet too, but I'm not so good with feet yet ^^;

Keep up the good work, guys~
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:47:15 PM by Honest Espeon »

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #657 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:49 PM »
Uhhh smooth lines are too hard to draw, my hand is too tremble :V
With the time I hope that my hand gets better

And talking about tremble lines, after reading one comment from that Syrufit video, I drew this Youmu :P
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5313/youmufuto.jpg
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Quad City QBs

« Reply #658 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »
Uhhh smooth lines are too hard to draw, my hand is too tremble :V

Draw with your whole arm, then. Get a nice big canvas and practice putting some elbow and shoulder into your stroke. I tried an easel once and although it was uncomfortable keeping my arm up for 3 hours, it was a totally different experience.

I'm motivated by Space Jam mashups and also Kajiura Yuki

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #659 on: February 05, 2013, 03:15:35 AM »