Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208640 times)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #660 on: November 15, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »
I wonder what they plan to do in place of the Fate/Apocrypha broadcast campaign since that would have added a Costume Dress for Astolfo (along with other things).

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #661 on: November 15, 2019, 08:00:27 PM »
Yeah I'm very interested in that costume and the banners associated with it. Mordred and Dracula Berserker are both real high on my list of wants right now and trying for them on the same banner as Astolfo NP levels would be great.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #662 on: November 16, 2019, 02:55:20 AM »
Has Apocrypha been released in Bluray yet? Because that seems like an easy replacement. Either that, or get it delayed until the Apocrypha collab.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #663 on: November 16, 2019, 06:22:31 AM »
Has Apocrypha been released in Bluray yet? Because that seems like an easy replacement. Either that, or get it delayed until the Apocrypha collab.
Yup, last February.  Wouldn't be too surprised if it was merged with the collab.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #664 on: November 17, 2019, 06:10:39 AM »
Yup, last February.  Wouldn't be too surprised if it was merged with the collab.
Wait a day, get an answer.

It'll become available during the upcoming Thanksgiving Special.

That said... Just when did they add subtitles to the NP animations?

« Reply #665 on: November 17, 2019, 06:28:58 AM »
It must have been added a few (no more than like, 7) hours ago; I had just spent all of my AP when I woke up, and there were definitely no subtitles, but now there are. Interesting.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #666 on: November 17, 2019, 09:58:41 AM »
Update notes say 11/16, so literally just yesterday.

Also: Salem incoming, and 30 more quartz to fail to roll Abby with!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:01:24 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #667 on: November 18, 2019, 03:05:03 AM »
Update notes say 11/16, so literally just yesterday.

Also: Salem incoming, and 30 more quartz to fail to roll Abby with!
I've got 386 SQ and 60 tickets and counting riding on her. I'm well aware of the horror stories of not being able to roll the servant you want, but dammit if I'm going down then I'm going down in style.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 03:07:45 AM by Kasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #668 on: November 18, 2019, 06:04:27 AM »
Are getting Salem or Christmas 2019 first? I am interested in Abigail (especially as someone that has lived in Eastern Massachusetts my whole live) but all my current resources are being saved for Ereshkigal first and foremost, and I'd only be able to blow any leftovers on rolling for Abigail.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #669 on: November 18, 2019, 06:42:04 AM »
Are getting Salem or Christmas 2019 first? I am interested in Abigail (especially as someone that has lived in Eastern Massachusetts my whole live) but all my current resources are being saved for Ereshkigal first and foremost, and I'd only be able to blow any leftovers on rolling for Abigail.
Salem should be first, followed by Christmas 2019 a couple of weeks afterward.

However, Abby and Sheba are on the second Salem banner, but that should still be before Eresh's anyway.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #670 on: November 18, 2019, 06:44:19 AM »
As long as the banners overlap in some capacity ;_;

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #671 on: November 18, 2019, 02:37:39 PM »
The NP subs are pretty cool, but they still seem pretty flawed. Astolfo doesn't have subtitles at all and Ibaraki's NP seems to be missing a line, it starts mid-sentence. Hopefully that gets fixed later.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #672 on: November 21, 2019, 06:35:01 AM »
The Thanksgiving Special is now live!  Get your Astolfo Wardrobe upgrade for the low price of 1000 Mana Prisms (bunny hood not included).

Also...

All Hassan login bonuses lost due to the 24hr maintenance period should be in your inbox too.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #673 on: November 25, 2019, 06:18:37 PM »
So I'm sure none of this is surprising to anyone who knows how to play this game, but as someone who has no idea what they're doing, here's my take on the characters I've invested heavily in lately:

-Ishtar: Painfully awkward to use but in a cool way. Her invulnerability mechanics are unreliable, her mana burst is unreliable, her buster-heavy crit playstyle is unreliable, but she's fun to use and can do very powerful things. I'm consistently underwhelmed by her NP damage even with all of her crazy buffs, but I think she had an interlude coming up so hopefully it gets better.

-Shuten: I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with her. She has 2.5 charismas so she can buff team damage by a ton. But since 1.5 of her damage buffs are debuffs they're only useful against one wave which makes me think she's a boss killer, but all of her stuff is AOE so saving it all for a boss wave seems like kind of a waste... Her star gen isn't very good so she's not great at being a support, her card damage is okay but her weird kit doesn't feel very well-suited for clearing waves... I dunno. She looks so cool that I use her a lot and am happy to do so but I don't think she's very good.

-Ibaraki: Very consistent but not very powerful or flashy. She fits onto nearly every one of my teams, especially since I'm severely lacking for single-target NPs, but her damage is always surprisingly low. A lot of hard fights seem to end with Ibaraki successfully soloing the boss's last health bar, but it's always a close call.

-Astolfo: Basically Raikou with a huge NP battery and infinite HP. I'm exaggerating, but not by as much as you would think. His NP clears the second wave and guarantees he has a ton of stars to one-shot the boss with huge crits. I have no idea how much of that comes from him scaling weirdly well with heavy investment and how much of it any old uninvested Astolfo could still pull off, but he is definitely my best unit even aside from waifu value. His buffs are slightly unreliable but occasionally turning a three-turn farm into a four-turn clear because he decides not to have his crit buff isn't that big of a deal. But god help you if you decide to try to use him with Ishtar and juggle two capricious jackasses only using their skills when they feel like it.

-Tamamo: Super powerful but surprisingly pointless. I almost never find myself wanting to use Tamamo because she's a bit on the slow-clearing side, even if she is very powerful and reliable. I'm sure I'll be glad to have her as we get into the later story content, but right now she almost always gets left behind and that's too bad.

-Special consideration goes to Mage's Association Uniform because Command Shuffle is so helpful at forcing Astolfo and Ishtar to do what I want them to do.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #674 on: November 26, 2019, 06:24:53 AM »
Shuten is mainly a mezzer with a AoE NP while most Assassins tend to be ST (Cleo is the only other 5* that has a AoE NP).  She works best on Arts focused teams.  Speaking of which...

Tamamo is the Arts-based Merlin, though not quite as good (but close).  However, outside of Arts-based teams, her usefulness is rather limited.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #675 on: November 26, 2019, 01:30:25 PM »
Right, and there was a time (before I got Astolfo) that I used Tamamo arts teams almost exclusively. She's definitely good and they're definitely good. But given how long it takes them to clear stuff sometimes I almost never feel like I need to use them anymore. Although that means I also haven't really experimented with teaming up Tamamo and Shuten very much yet.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #676 on: November 26, 2019, 01:57:54 PM »
Tamamo is, by design, a major part of Stall Central. She's slow but incredibly safe. It's how you get results like this in High Difficulty quests.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #677 on: November 26, 2019, 02:23:21 PM »
I was holding off on mentioning it, since you can never be too sure if something is a REALLY well designed fake or a real leak, but... SSR Saber Astolfo has been officially confirmed just a while ago, and while it seems folks over at reddit have mixed opinions, honestly I fucking love it. Finally I have a new target to save for, after I'm done saving for Skadi :V

...two years is a long time to wait, though :ohdear:

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #678 on: November 26, 2019, 04:31:26 PM »
More Astolfo is nice and all, but now that Extella Link has brought us Charlemagne, I want Pippin. 1* Alter Ego!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 04:34:34 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #679 on: November 28, 2019, 02:07:07 AM »
Salem inbound.  Begins December 2nd.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #680 on: November 28, 2019, 03:58:10 AM »
Aw dang, I gotta finish (and uh start) Shimosa. But the half-price QP is soooo gooood that I kinda don't want to take a break from that... Ishtar can't charge me anymore QP now at least, since she's full.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #681 on: November 30, 2019, 07:31:27 AM »
I've decided to take stock in my Servant army.  Here's the breakdown...

119 Total Servants;
1 No Ascension (which is Iri since I never got any of her mats)
4 Ascended once
7 Ascended twice
9 Ascended three times
98 Max Ascended

13 5*s; 3 NP2
53 4*'s (this excludes Mash); 8 NP2, 7 NP3, 1 NP4, 12 NP5 (all of my NP5's are welfare servants)

7 have all skills maxed

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #682 on: November 30, 2019, 10:28:28 AM »
Aw dang, I gotta finish (and uh start) Shimosa. But the half-price QP is soooo gooood that I kinda don't want to take a break from that... Ishtar can't charge me anymore QP now at least, since she's full.
I mean, you don't need to do any of the Psuedo-Singularities; EoR chapters only require clearing the Final Singularity.

Besides, Salem is actually a fair bit easier than Shimousa. The Caster Bond can be a bit annoying, but it's way better than Shimousa's Knight Classes Bond when the major bosses fill all seven classes.

It's time-locked, anyway; thanks to the new Servant's super-spoilers, anything major involving her has to wait until her banner.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #683 on: November 30, 2019, 05:02:25 PM »
Oh right, I keep forgetting the new chapters work that way. Neat.

I've been chipping away at Shimousa while also dumping tons of apples into cheap QP, and I'm kinda bored by it so far. I ultimately didn't love Agartha that much either, which is kind of a bummer since my coworkers love those two chapters and kept telling me they were the best things FGO had ever done. But there's still plenty of room left for Shimousa to pick up and get good. I loved Shinjuku, but nothing since then has impressed me quite as much.

« Reply #684 on: December 02, 2019, 02:13:13 AM »
I've decided to take stock in my Servant army.  Here's the breakdown...

Went ahead and decided to do mine too. Lets see...

102 unique servants
-----
No Ascension - 16 servants
1 Ascension - 17 servants
2 Ascensions - 1 servant
3 Ascensions - 5 servants
Max Ascension - 63 servants
Bond 10 - Kintoki Rider, Arash, Spartacus, Drake
-----
Grailed to 100 - MHXA and Dantes
Grailed to 90 - Kintoki Rider, Nobunaga Archer, Lancer Alter, Mecha Liz
Grailed to 80 - Paracelsus
-----
12 SSR servants - Dantes NP2
37 SR servants (23 gacha, 14 welfare)
SR above NP1: Siegfried (3), LAlter (3), CasMarie (3), Atalante (2), Astolfo (2), Martha (2), Marie (2), Carmilla (2), TamaCat (2)
-----
Servants I haven't ascended yet are Caster Gilles, Parvati, Geronimo, Diarmuid, Fionn, Kid Gil, Billy, Fergus, Alex, Anne/Mary Rider, Hundred Face Hassan, Mephistopheles, Hektor, Tawara Touta, Babbage, Beowulf

Parvati I want to raise but I'm just on the fence over since I have every niche of lancers covered already, and for Skadi looping, I'm not sure how she fares against NP2 Dantes??? I will raise her eventually but low priority atm.

The other unraised ones are for similar reasons, I have someone that covers what they do and I'm focusing my QP and mats into raising my higher leveled servants first before I go back to them.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #685 on: December 02, 2019, 03:42:31 AM »
I'm curious to see how my box stacks up since my account is pretty new.

85 unique servants
-----
No Ascension - 57 servants
1 Ascension - 6 servants
2 Ascensions - 1 servant
3 Ascensions - 1 servant1
Max Ascension - 26 servants
Bond 10 - Passionlip, Ibaraki (Ibaraki isn't done quite yet but is literally a few thousand points away)
-----
Grailed to 100 - Astolfo, Ibaraki
Grailed to 94 - Ishtar
Grailed to 85 - Passionlip
-----
6 SSR servants
27 SR servants (20 gacha, 7 welfare)
SR above NP1: Siegfried Saber (2), Penthesilea (2), Passionlip (2), Vlad Lancer (2)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #686 on: December 02, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »
So I'm not very far into Salem, but I can't shake the feeling that this is deeply tasteless. It's going to be interesting to see how tactful the fictionalization ends up being in the end. I'm sure it's a combination of proximity and recency, this is definitely the singularity that I'm the most familiar with in a historical sense, but... woof. The Lovecraft characters don't help matters either. :D

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #687 on: December 03, 2019, 04:33:04 AM »
I, on the other hand, have been constantly flipping my shit, though for probably entirely different reasons

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #688 on: December 03, 2019, 06:26:56 AM »
So apparently Arcade is getting another special Servant that is probably not going to hit the normal game for a while, if at all.

Rider Class Helena Blavatsky (Christmas).

Um, yeah. Another thing she and Altera have in common!

Also, flex time?

112 unique Servants
----
0 no Ascensions
0 1 Ascension
6 2 Ascensions
10 3 Ascensions
96 4 Ascensions
----
1 Bond 10 (Altera)
----
1 Grail to 100 (Meltryllis)
1 Grail to 80 (Euryale)
----
19 unique SSRs
50 unique SRs (including Mash and all Welfares, but not Grailed Euryale)
----
Notable NP levels: NP6 Carmilla; NP4 Astolfo; NP3 Altera, Lancelot (Saber), Atalante, Fionn, St. Martha, Assassin of the Nightless City, Stheno, Ibaraki; NP2 Nero Claudius (Saber), Artoria (Saber Alter), EMIYA, Raikou (Lancer), Elizabeth Bathory, Marie Antoinette, Thomas Edison, Hijikata Toshizo, Vlad III (Berserker), Lancelot (Berserker), Heracles
-----
6 Servants at 10/10/10 (Elizabeth (Brave), Euyrale, Medusa (Rider), Gorgon, Meltryllis, Mash)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 07:10:19 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #689 on: December 04, 2019, 04:08:32 AM »
Oh, I couldn't help but to note people were listin', so I'll pitch in too!
(Note: Playing on JP, for a good while before NA launched)

147 Unique Servants
-----
No ascensions - 73
1 Ascension - 1 (Used Medea super early on, and then well, a certain SSR came along)
2 Ascensions - 1 (Working on Munenori)
Max Ascension - 78
Bond 10 - Heracles
-----
Grailed to 100: Summer Melt, Skadi, BB, Lancelot (Berserker)
-----
23 SSR Servants
22 Welfare SR Servants
43 Gacha SR Servants
-----
Among non-welfare SR and SSR servants:
NP3 - Siegfried, Vlad (BOTH), Sanzou, Helena, Kiritsugu
NP2: Suzuka Gozen, Tomoe, Atalanta, Bradamante, Nezha, Martha, Caster of Okeanos
Spoiler:
Circe
, Caster Gilgamesh, Assassin of Shinjuku
Spoiler:
Yan Qing
, MHX Alter, Sitonai
-----
Servants at 10/10/10:
Summer Melt, Skadi, BB, Jalter, Mashu
Servants at ALMOST 10/10/10:
Nero Bride, Summer Jeanne, Tesla, Sanzou, Tamamo, MHX Alter, Qin Shi Huang, Elizabeth Bathory, Sakamoto Ryouma, Rider Kintoki, Nitocris

If anything, I grailed Zerkerlot just for the sake of making Double Skadi loops with him more reliable. I only got him for the first time on the recent SR pick ticket we got, and while he's a joy to use for looping outside of the cases where I can't use the usual DSS systems (all of them aided by Nero Bride), just NP1 isn't enough to match the consistency of my other loopers (Or my absolute last resort loop option, Double Tamamo and Bride on Summer Jeanne). For example, the current Xmas event with Nightingale as the welfare has its box currency dedicated node being Lancers, and without a loopable Saber, I'm stuck using Zerkerlot. However he can't kill the second wave without extra buffs/debuffs, and more importantly, at Level 80 he can only wipe the third wave with either a Brave Chain, or having his one Quick card on that turn. While NP2 would be a lot more significant in the damage dealt, at least fully grailing him means that both Skadis can hit their crits to help with finishing the wave.