Author Topic: Idea to help beginners...  (Read 4945 times)

type ABC

Idea to help beginners...
« on: May 03, 2009, 11:06:42 PM »
I've seen a few replay videos, and most of them the player does a lot of tricky stuff to maximize graze points and such. Because of this, it's pretty hard to pull any techniques from the video if you're kind of a novice. However, if there was a replay of a really skilled player "playing it safe" and outlining techniques to get past spell cards, it would be a huge help to novice players that just can't find their way through a few spell cards, or help find better techniques.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Re: Idea to help beginners...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »
There is! See this youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/yoslime

Not much so far, but hopefully he'll continue to make them.
Advocate of Transhumanism

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 11:46:26 PM »
The best way to learn in that case is to ask them yourself. Only score runners do that kind of stuff anyway.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 12:00:31 AM »
Namingway did a playthrough of PCB Easy to show how to 1cc it. It might be alteast a tad bit useful.

Here's the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaPmbSSiqWk

type ABC

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:32:06 AM »
Neat! Thanks for the replies.

I can see how this could be seen as a cheap thing to do, but at least for me it would be a definite "easier saw then done". It'll be a nice little boost though, and it'll help me out with other Danmaku shooters too.