Author Topic: Help translating a video game OST track name  (Read 1845 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Help translating a video game OST track name
« on: June 07, 2017, 05:31:31 PM »
So I've been making a rough personal translation for the Blue Reflection Official Soundtrack's tracklist through the help of jisho.org for word-by-word translations and (god I'm gonna get murdered for this) Google Translate for certain phrases. So far they've served well enough for making rough translations, but there's one title in particular that has me pretty much completely stumped since it's a long-ass hiragana-only sentence, and that would be "こすいちのかくすらなきくどっとえぐぜ". I've tried asking an acquaintance of mine who knows Japanese, but unfortunately she couldn't help me on hiragana sentences. One thing she said to me is that they have to be broken down correctly to each component in order to get an accurate translation. While jisho.org can automatically split up sentences, for this one I don't think it's doing so accurately. So...can anyone help me out here? Or am I condemned to be forever an outcast for committing the horrible sin of using Google Translate? :V

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Help translating a video game OST track name
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 05:53:21 PM »
That song's title is intended to be untranslatable.

It's actually a clever little code.  If you type those characters on a Japanese keyboard, and then type the same characters on an English keyboard, you'll get "BREAKTHROUGH.EXE" which is the true title of the song.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Re: Help translating a video game OST track name
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 09:43:30 PM »
Wow, I certainly would have never thought of that, thanks.