Author Topic: Pok?mon thread Generation 2: Gold/Silver version  (Read 48528 times)

Matsuri

Re: Pok?mon thread Generation 2: Gold/Silver version
« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »
That's #Poke-meido on ppirc, to be more specific. No more dejatoons thank god <3333

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »
You reap what you sow, kid.

Wow, is that ever fucking biased. I cannot believe you would actually hold past experiences against me. That was a totally unprovoked personal attack, there's no justifying that.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #242 on: September 25, 2010, 08:26:28 PM »
Don't start none, won't be none, pal.

Listen, I can dig the StarMan.EXE profile setup, because he's basically the best thing to ever happen to that series outside of Roll, but there is such a thing as reputations, and they tend to stick. You have no one to blame but yourself for people thinking the way they do about you and your mannerisms. If you want to change their way of thinking, change your conduct.

A good starting point would be to do less of this.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Bananamatic

« Reply #243 on: September 25, 2010, 08:40:13 PM »
A good starting point would be to do less of this.
I don't see anything wrong with that post tbh

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #244 on: September 25, 2010, 08:54:08 PM »
Listen, I can dig the StarMan.EXE profile setup, because he's basically the best thing to ever happen to that series outside of Roll,
...you know, what's horrific is that I can almost agree with this and I'm a big Battle Network fan.  Though I'd personally side towards either 5DS for not requiring dual version bullcrap and having everything in one game, or the series finally ending and then Star Force starting, as the best thing that would happen--*OFFTOPIC'D*

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #245 on: September 25, 2010, 08:55:43 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with that post tbh

You wouldn't.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #246 on: September 25, 2010, 08:59:25 PM »
Can we take the drama to PMs so we can have less attacks and moar Pokemans in the pokemans thread?  :V

On a more related note, I'm really fond of the new battle graphics in this game. It makes it seem a lot more lively than before where you just had the completely still sprites and such.

Bananamatic

« Reply #247 on: September 25, 2010, 09:05:43 PM »
You wouldn't.
Trolls everywhere :ohdear:

Anyways, when is the EU B/W release? Might be actually able to get a game at launch for the first time in my life

« Reply #248 on: September 25, 2010, 09:09:21 PM »

Anyways, when is the EU B/W release? Might be actually able to get a game at launch for the first time in my life
Spring 2011 supposedly

Bananamatic

« Reply #249 on: September 25, 2010, 09:09:58 PM »
It better have Tropius

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #250 on: September 25, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »
It better have Tropius
Black/White has no Pokemon from former generations until after you get the NationalDex (With the possible exception of the Dream World.  Unfortunately we're a little stingy on info from the Dream World because it's been down due to overloaded servers and needing upgrades to handle it, olololol)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #251 on: September 25, 2010, 10:18:32 PM »
It better have Tropius

Wi-Fi connection should be able to get you a Troupius fairly easily.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2010, 12:48:51 PM »

It takes one to know one after all

On a brighter note, the Heart Bat is soooo cute. :3

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2010, 01:47:47 PM »
I know rite? 
Spoiler:
Too bad it feels weak to almost everything.  Even the game's resident caterpillar can kick its ass

I ended up doing a chart on /tr/ of my favourite pokemon of each type by generation, and came to the horrifying realisation that I really don't like a lot of the old Pokemon anymore (Chances are I'm just sick of them), even though the ones that used to make my eyes light up still do (Fun stuff like Hoppip I LOVE HOPPIPS and my inexplicable love for Natu/Xatu).  Then I hit fifth generation, and realised a lot of the designs were interesting enough that I actually can get excited about a lot of them.

Also it has the first fighting types I might consider using in the history of the series.  I have hated fighting types throughout the whole series; Pokemon that look humanoid just don't "click" with me and up until this generation's
Spoiler:
Legendary Three(+1) Muskedeers
, I have refused to use them in pretty much every game.

Bananamatic

« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »
luvdisc syndrome

Fluffy Rocket Tails

• The fluffiest.
  • Far superior to any Tanuki.
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2010, 01:32:28 AM »
I ended up doing a chart on /tr/ of my favourite pokemon of each type by generation, and came to the horrifying realisation that I really don't like a lot of the old Pokemon anymore (Chances are I'm just sick of them), even though the ones that used to make my eyes light up still do (Fun stuff like Hoppip I LOVE HOPPIPS and my inexplicable love for Natu/Xatu).  Then I hit fifth generation, and realised a lot of the designs were interesting enough that I actually can get excited about a lot of them.

I love Natu as well.  It and Wooper are my top two favorites, not counting Cyndaquil. 

A while ago a thing called "shooter" or something was mentioned as being in the battle menu.  What was this if anything?
Take me on a rocket ride.

Kaboom!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2010, 04:04:34 AM »
I love Natu as well.  It and Wooper are my top two favorites, not counting Cyndaquil. 

A while ago a thing called "shooter" or something was mentioned as being in the battle menu.  What was this if anything?

The Miracle Shooter is a integral part of 5th gen competitive battling as it now allows you to use items in battle

But the items have a point cost and you may earn points through the battle.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »
Oh man, I totally forgot about the Shooter mechanics.  Then again you don't see them playing single player.

Speaking of things not mentioned, Rotation Battles are awesome and I am actually hoping a competitive scene pops up around them.

For those of you who don't know how Rotation Battles work: They're basically one-on-one battles like normal.  However, you have three Pokemon on the field at a time.  Every turn, you have your choice of which pokemon will be the 'active' one and which of its moves it will perform (or if it will be the recipient of an item or pokemon change).  This means that, essentially, you have the choice of 12 moves on any given action, and three different elements of attacker... and so does your opponent.  Since moves don't target Pokemon that aren't active, it really is just single battles - just with a larger set of options and a more visible hand, and a lot more prediction - and mindgames.

Specifically because of the mindgame opportunities of attacking with any of three different pokemon on a turn, I begin to wonder if perhaps there will actually be a competitive scene for them...

...As an aside I'm not sure if these are the actual triple battles or not.  Because it is definitely three pokemon vs three pokemon but not at all the way they were originally described as working...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:26:35 PM by Garlyle »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »
Speaking of things not mentioned, Rotation Battles are awesome and I am actually hoping a competitive scene pops up around them.

For those of you who don't know how Rotation Battles work: They're basically one-on-one battles like normal.  However, you have three Pokemon on the field at a time.  Every turn, you have your choice of which pokemon will be the 'active' one and which of its moves it will perform (or if it will be the recipient of an item or pokemon change).  This means that, essentially, you have the choice of 12 moves on any given action, and three different elements of attacker... and so does your opponent.  Since moves don't target Pokemon that aren't active, it really is just single battles - just with a larger set of options and a more visible hand, and a lot more prediction - and mindgames.

Specifically because of the mindgame opportunities of attacking with any of three different pokemon on a turn, I begin to wonder if perhaps there will actually be a competitive scene for them...

So it turns out the "3v3" battles are exactly what I wanted, then!? This sounds fun, and it would make a good new mechanic to base the game around.

How often do you play these rotation battles in BW?

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »
You still get a kind of three on three battle too instead of just rotation. Three Pokemon get sent out and it works just like you'd expect but with a few restrictions. Pokemon on the left can only attack the Pokemon on the opponent's left and middle, the Pokemon in the middle can attack anyone, and the Pokemon on the right can only attack the Pokemon on the opponent's right and middle. /just reading spoilers. Haven't played :V

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #260 on: September 27, 2010, 08:53:27 PM »

Trust me there will be scenes for all of them via Simulator. Although i'm likely going to stick to Standard 6v6 myself.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #261 on: September 27, 2010, 11:08:24 PM »
So it turns out the "3v3" battles are exactly what I wanted, then!? This sounds fun, and it would make a good new mechanic to base the game around.

How often do you play these rotation battles in BW?

They're not all that common in-game, actually.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #262 on: September 28, 2010, 01:57:18 AM »
They're not all that common in-game, actually.
Sadly this.  I've got five badges so far, and my first and only rotation battle to date was an optional tutorial by an NPC in the fifth gym's city.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #263 on: September 28, 2010, 08:19:02 AM »
I just caught my Victini

I heard it has a "legendary catch rate," then I caught it on my 2nd ball toss (Pokeball) after mashing A and B. :]

Matsuri

« Reply #264 on: September 28, 2010, 02:57:49 PM »
I just caught my Victini

I heard it has a "legendary catch rate," then I caught it on my 2nd ball toss (Pokeball) after mashing A and B. :]

Wait, 'caught'? I thought it was an event Pokemon. =O

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #265 on: September 28, 2010, 03:14:01 PM »
Wait, 'caught'? I thought it was an event Pokemon. =O

Yeah, you need to get the Liberty Ticket through Mystery Gift, so it IS an Event Pokemon

But you need to catch it.

Matsuri

« Reply #266 on: September 28, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »
Oh :P

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »
I haven't been following this thread that far so I don't know if this has been posted (I'm not a big Pokemon fan, I only played original Red and Blue (mostly Blue) way back in the day)

But, if this hasn't been shared yet, would this not be pretty cool to watch or not? I'd be all over that like white on rice.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #268 on: October 01, 2010, 07:06:34 AM »
Currently at Route 7, training in preparation for the Tower of Heaven and the fight vs. Fuuro

Team:
Jaroda Ragna Lv36
Gantoru Shichiren Lv33
Swanna Mizuhashi Lv35
Koromori Arcana Lv32
Victini Ryougi Lv33
Banipucchi Choco Lv24

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2010, 10:14:51 PM »
I really wish I didn't love this avatar too much to change it, because Ranculus is adorable :ohdear:

(Next part of my quest to learn japanese goes up early tomorrow. in it, I think I finally pick my gender :V)