Author Topic: You know what we should have?  (Read 2263 times)

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
You know what we should have?
« on: November 29, 2010, 09:02:54 PM »
A thread for game strategies. People ask questions about games they are stuck on and others answer them. This works especially for games that don't have walkthroughs yet.

And those types of games where you have to make a wild guess on where to go next...I'm looking at you, 4 Heroes of Light!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: You know what we should have?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:26:11 PM »
And those types of games where you have to make a wild guess on where to go next...I'm looking at you, 4 Heroes of Light!
Where are you?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:30:47 PM »
Where are you?

Boss battle with Asmodeus. He's so cheap...he inflicts every single possible status effect you can believe. I put the game down and haven't picked it up again.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 04:41:38 AM »
I'm okay with it. I don't have that many super-new games, but I can help where I can.

I haven't played Four Warriors of Light yet, but isn't there a spell that can cure all ailments at once from the party, like Amrita from Persona 4?

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:49:38 AM »
Eltrian Odyssey 3. How the hell do you survive F.O.Es?

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 05:58:23 AM »
1. Learn their moving patterns and move around them.

2. CRUSH IN THEIR SKULLS (Requirements: A few more levels than you should have at the time and the appropriate skils. Killed A Greedy Lizard with a Lv. 10 party thanks to the second point)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 08:28:35 AM »
Eltrian Odyssey 3. How the hell do you survive F.O.Es?
Learn how to evade them, or have a really well built or overlevelled team.

I think you can get through the game without ever having to deliberately fight any, though.  Excluding the bosses, of course.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 08:42:16 AM »
Maybe I just couldn't find the right path, but I swear you had to fight one on 12F, though I felt like it was reasonable to kill it with a naturally leveled team. (And if you can't kill it, how are you going to kill the stratum boss anyway?)

But yeah, in general, surviving FOEs should be a non-concern because you shouldn't be fighting them unless you know you can kill them, or you're bored, have recently saved, and are fully aware of the risks.  Also, be aware of your surroundings.  If you run into a random battle around a FOE (especially one that can be aggro'd), just run unless you can clear the battle on the first turn, since each turn in battle counts as a unit of time on the map and it gives the FOE time to ambush you in battle.  Additionally, turn off the autopilot if you're in a battle with a FOE.  It sounds like it wouldn't matter, but if you run and immediately autopilot back onto the same space, you'll be fighting them again.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:49:12 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 02:35:13 PM »
Make a thread for each game for help, instead of cramming it into a general help thread.  It helps keep things more organized~

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."