Author Topic: Sakura and Dragons Thread 33 - But it's not like we'll ever get her in NA, so.  (Read 116930 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
yeah being able to get Tamadra for each run is pretty sweet. I sure do need them...

If anyone wants to farm Rugal with me for ~jammer~ purposes, I'm totally down. King Badtans are in a descend tomorrow, it looks like, so at least you don't have to deal with ~only~ 5x skillup rates?

commandercool

• alter cool
I just now pulled a Rugal to see what you were talking about, and... yeah goddamn, he's really really good. I'd be down to farm him sometime soon.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Yeah, I'm interested in skill leveling a second Rugal, so I'll take you up on that.

Plus, Tamadra.

commandercool

• alter cool
I've been rolling pretty hot on this godfest. Got I&I (not a dupe, one of the very few blue pantheon gods I didn't own already), Napoleon, Nerhva, and most recently Balboa. Balboa is probably very good for me, I think he's considered an optimal Ragnarok Dragon sub, although I'm honestly not sure I like him more than Courage. I'll definitely be testing him at any rate.

Edit: Oh shit, pulled Ney as well!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:38:20 PM by commandercool »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Edit: Oh shit, pulled Ney as well!

She's turning into Zaerog∞ Ney, right?
(Lemme know if you need help evolving her into any of the five forms, cause that's not trivial stuff)

commandercool

• alter cool
Blue Ney! BLUE!

Some help might be appreciated at some point. I've started chugging away at it but it's gonna be a while.

(And to be fair I didn't even look at the non-blue ones, I *guess* I should...)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
You ever get that feeling of wanting to do something, but not really wanting to do it. I feel that way with PAD. I'm tempted to play, but it feels like eating more food while you have a stomachache. I still like the game, but it seems like it's on a decline and getting back into games after they died off feels bad.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MatsuriSakuragi

You never realize how burnt out you are on the game until it's gone. When I sold my account, it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders; I no longer felt obligated to play it after spending so much money on it and I don't miss it at all. I still follow news on the game to see how it changes. I had already felt that PAD was hitting an event horizon when the power creep started to get more and more steep, where difficulty was getting higher not because of puzzle complexity, but because of hugely inflated HP and damage values, as well as putting some puzzles behind gatekeeper units where you were screwed if you didn't have a particular ability or skill on your team.

And looking at PDX's news ticker, I see a ton of updates for JP over the past few months, but they all seem to be new evos and gfes and new holiday/collab events (read: stuff that only really matters if you keep spending money), but I only saw one new descended dungeon in September. It feels like the game has slowed down even more now that I'm not micromanaging the tiniest updates to try to keep myself interested.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I'll be honest, I remember at one point, I thought I had a shot at the making to the latest of latest parts of the game, but idk, somewhere around the machine descends, it just felt like a huge jump, and now everything looks so crazy. I wonder how people feel in JP.

EDIT: I'll be honest though, even with my complaints, I still find the game fun to play at times. I can't bring myself to grind it a ton, but the occasional descend dungeon is still fun. I like Legend Plus as a difficulty. Feels right. Maybe sometime I'll try mythical plus, but maybe after I've had a longer break from the game.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:18:12 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
first post of 2018, first post in god knows how many months

very few people know this but i've already put PAD on hold for the past 6 months.

solo play accommodation only started getting good with super awakenings and that was too little too late. huge reliance on whaling which i no longer wish to do due to high saturation of 7/8 star cards.

here's how i feel about PAD's current development entering 6th year plan and project:

* mechanics innovation is still doable on both player side and enemy side. unfortunately the root problem of innovation only benefiting whales hasn't been solved. JP whales like ogre channel, rip_pad, kosuke, and others are the real victors of this new direction and gungho's foray into new card design because they're mostly done with collab cards.

* older things that used to be very rare/high in demand have devolved into mere commodities. trade exacerbated this effect. f2p players will find it more of a chore than the game being fun. whales are unaffected because they can supply themselves easily.

* whales continue to place importance on speedfarming. dungeons like machine hera are now total jokes. 3p cthulhu series? marginally harder. quest challenge dungeons? cheez-it. gungho needs to think carefully about future dungeons and challenges. whales will not find very difficult stuff that difficult, but f2p players or the less fortunate will struggle.

* freebies will only take you so far.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I don't know how much I'd still play, but something is that drives me nuts is the awoken ults. It was annoying, but tolerable when I had get dungeon drops and evolve them for a card. But now there are all these cards that require me to make an awoken ult of something, then feed it off to something else.  I hate those so much.

first post of 2018, first post in god knows how many months

very few people know this but i've already put PAD on hold for the past 6 months.

Yeah, I figured you did. I didn't see on JP, granted, I barely show up there. Though what commodities do you think would be better off rare? I find the trading mechanic too slow and clunky to be super useful. I'd like to be able to place more trades up at once.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
I find that I kind of enjoy doing Awakening evolutions since trading, but I realize that my circumstances aren't usual.

Every Saturday morning I'm incidentally in a room with 4-5 people who play PAD and doing big trading arrangements involving a bunch of people to get everyone what they need is fun. I got my Ney evolved in just a few days as a result, but it can be a brutal slog if you don't have a setup like that.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I find that I kind of enjoy doing Awakening evolutions since trading, but I realize that my circumstances aren't usual.

Every Saturday morning I'm incidentally in a room with 4-5 people who play PAD and doing big trading arrangements involving a bunch of people to get everyone what they need is fun. I got my Ney evolved in just a few days as a result, but it can be a brutal slog if you don't have a setup like that.

Yeah, I haven't had anyone like that. All the stuff I did, I did on my own. I might join the PAD forum discord and see if I can get similar results in maybe a few months or so.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
Does anyone know where Cryo Sac drops from in the Monster Hunter collab?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
According to this, it looks like you want the first MH dungeon.

In the mean while, I got a Cotton and fulfilled my quest to evolve her. She's cute, I guess?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Opinions on the the MH ults?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
The new hunters? Or were there new ultimates on the monsters as well? The hunters seem fine I guess. Nothing stands out to me but then again the original blue hunter didn't either.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
I think turning the monsters into weapon/armor ults is new.

I got a Yog!  Finally something low-effort enough to replace Ilm as my main leader.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:39:35 AM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock

Check out my yog team without yog :v

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah, I use Orpharion with Yog sometimes. It sort of works. Zeus is probably much better than Orpharion, so hopefully that will work better.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
The issue with Zeus Verse is that it's either 100% HP or nothing. So it's either getting lucky with no preemptive damage, wasting a yog active, or dedicating a slot (assuming no stall will be possible) to an active heal like healer LMeta or Amaterasu.

commandercool

• alter cool
I mean, yeah, you almost have to dedicate slots to heal actives. In inherits if nowhere else.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock

The perfect excuse to get this rolling, then!

commandercool

• alter cool
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/7ywfva/news_tldw_for_the_6th_anniversary_stream/

There's some super spicy stuff coming up. The main highlights being purchaseable MP Yog Sothoth and PERSONA COLLAB. But there's lots of other neat stuff as well.

Oh man I'm gonna be so bummed in NA never gets Persona... Would probably IAP for Morgana.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:48:57 PM by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
I really like Gilles Legato Descended. I feel like the challenge level is just right (which maybe makes it too easy for some, but it's challenging without ever feeling unfair for me), it's got some spicy new mechanics, and the prizes seem cool. All I've gotten is colored pillars so far, but they sure do look neat.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
I managed to beat it relatively blind using Fenrir, who has the natural HP and boosted RCV to survive for quite a while until I figured out how to kill him. Shame I can't trade him - I got it on my first try but don't see an immediate desire to use it.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Valentines gacha happened and since 5 elements are in there, I rolled. Surprisingly difficult to get, I got 3 6*s in a row. I might go back to PAD, though I'll have to get used to all the changes.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
I'm missing Valentines Karin and Meimei, which are the only two I really wanted. Still plenty of time left to pull them though.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Acquired Mei, thus all is right in this world.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
I ended up nabbing Facet which is a shame since she could have showed up much earlier! Although the two free godfest rolls on march were much kinder to me, giving me Kamimusubi and Uranus.