Author Topic: Sakura and Dragons Thread 33 - But it's not like we'll ever get her in NA, so.  (Read 115446 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

I'm definitely much more fine with damage nulling, yeah. I would consider that a fair challenge; having them ABSORB it is just stupid (though not entirely unforgivable-- at least ones like Awoken Parvati are just boring and grindy), and giving the player a timer until they die is completely unfair.

And yeah Vishnu is definitely a slap in the face for tanky teams, but not as much as he used to be because atk multipliers for tank teams have been getting way better, as are burst options (pretty much every burst active in the common meta has only improved with time, look at Norse gods, Durga, Lu Bu, the Armored Knights, the Gemstone Princesses, etc-- and the fact that stall teams can happily make the best of them as assists). But I also feel like he isn't as overused in dungeons either? Like yeah, he's been used in a few prominent ones, but it almost feels like they throw Awoken Sopdet in any time they want to artificially make a dungeon harder for the units that they insist on making absurdly strong.

Like, I don't know when we needed multipliers of 300x+, but they became more necessary when they start making bosses with like 100mil+ HP, too. I have to wonder if this is just how the endgame is going to keep going. Stronger and stronger stuff at higher and higher costs to take on bosses that.... will still happily oneshot you just because they can.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:07:50 PM by Matsuri »

commandercool

• alter cool
What's tricky about it is that the game needs to have more ways to interact with enemies beyond just "do more damage", but PAD's elegant combat system kind of bites it in the ass there, since there aren't THAT many ways to go about it.

There are things that could easily be implemented but never have been like some kind of rainbow shield that requires you to match or attack with a certain number of orb types to damage the boss (maybe make it really interesting by counting jammers, bombs, and poison among them) or maybe some kind of penalty for using actives. Like the boss hits you and does a random orbchange for each active you use against it, so you're not prevented from using them but you have incentive not to.

I think best case scenario is more creative encounter designs like the elemental wizards (Sharon and pals), but even then design space is pretty limited compared to some other game systems.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MatsuriSakuragi

Honestly, I wouldn't mind at all a challenge dungeon based on Awoken Lakshmi. Give it a fixed team because it doesn't really matter anyway since she skillbind/awakening binds you (or make the skills relevant to solving specific puzzles and you need to figure out when to use them)-- one mistake kills you anyway (or make it more fair and give a second chance on each floor or something, at the cost of making the puzzle slightly harder). Make it so the challenge is to "eliminate all X orbs" or "arrange the board X way" or "get X combos" or to solve a riddle to figure out the clue to proceed-- something that's an actual test of puzzle skill rather than "how hard can you burst" or "how hard of a hit can you take" or "how long can you stall".

I think it would be legitimately challenging and fun, though it may be kinda boring doing it multiple times once you solve the puzzle unless it's randomized/rotated etc.

commandercool

• alter cool
I envision that kind of thing working well as a dungeon with a lot of stacking effects from floor to floor. Stacking debuffs so you can use shenanigans on the first chunk, but by the end you're skillbound, awakening bound, and your leads are bound so at that point everyone's on the same page. And maybe if you kept a single poison orb from the first floor around the whole time you can use it to bypass a tricky attack or something.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Makes me pretty happy that Fenrir has ~damage ranges~

No Fujin required (which I'm glad because I got Parvati again two waves later)

Dathena looks like she'd be fun, and I even have a ~team~ like 2x Byakko, Persephone, Loki, Castor, Yomidora for her, but like. I like the game as is without using her???

MatsuriSakuragi

DAthena's perfect for someone like me who has grown largely bored with the game and hates grinding and has given up on the powercreep hate train with a mindset of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". I can see how she would make the game boring for a lot of people, but honestly I find her easy and fun to play in a meta where complex combo/spike teams have been hated out (because clearing endgame shit is a nightmare if you don't have some sort of hp/rcv buff). Like, my preferred playstyle is "make a ton of combos and burst ala Yuna or Tsukuyomi, but they're just glass cannons that can't really do much in the long run. So if the game's gonna punish me for playing how I like, I may as well just change up my playstyle I guess

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Makes me pretty happy that Fenrir has ~damage ranges~

No Fujin required (which I'm glad because I got Parvati again two waves later)

Dathena looks like she'd be fun, and I even have a ~team~ like 2x Byakko, Persephone, Loki, Castor, Yomidora for her, but like. I like the game as is without using her???
Speaking of you and Fenrir, did you ever get that A3  clear?  I missed it if so and I've been hoping to see it if you actually pulled it off.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Speaking of you and Fenrir, did you ever get that A3  clear?  I missed it if so and I've been hoping to see it if you actually pulled it off.

I must have forgotten to post it here.
Here we go.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Would Sopdet be more acceptable if she disabled skyfalls?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
Considerably better, yeah. Still sketchy as hell design, but less so. Her biggest problem at this point is arguably that she just scales badly to modern damage values though.

MatsuriSakuragi

A no skyfalls Sopdet would be so much more doable, I feel. But it's still a bandaid over the overarching problem.

Jq1790

Randomly pulled since I don't know any better.

>Ruel

* Jq1790 looks up her split which was announced a while back

Holy crap what is this nonsense?

AND I HAVE A TEAM FOR HER.

After I raise my Sheena team  I miiiight just have my next team lined up already because woooow.  That's gonna be nuts.  I have enough cards to make both a TPA variant AND a row one.  Rows would eschew the 7c bonus most of the time but instead make up for it with raw power because I can fit like 8-10 rows in 4 subs easy while still having room for support(blessed be Schoolthena).  TPAs meanwhile have tons of powerful options like Arty and Vishnu and perhaps even GZL with his 2k Atk tri-prongs going at it while providing a boost and defense hammering if I need either/both.

Lv10 No Awakenings with a friend (photo from his perspective)

MatsuriSakuragi

>Dupe Barbara
> Sheena
>Dupe Momiji
>Mel
>Dupe Kuvia

sigh

that uruka tho

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
1x Mel
2x Sheena
2x Momiji
2x Mito
Why'd I expect otherwise?

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
pulled once just cuz, got a mito. eh. Been saving the rest for sakura in case she ever gets released. (or summer, idk)
Now that mel's evo has a sbr, my double-mel myrei team has full sbr. Not that that changed much I'm guessing except changing a team seal. Haven't touched her since dathena.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
six rolls no score this time with heroines, sad.jpg

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
At least all these dupes are either decent inherits or downright more MP than what the raw rolls would have given! I mean I went and bought a Dathena with all this mad cash.

MatsuriSakuragi

yeah I mean I won't say no to the 50k MP from dupe barbara but it also could have been an uruka or julie or ilmina

feels bad-ish

edit: gave into temptation for the first time in a while

> dupe sheena
> dupe sheena

oh right, that's why i stopped the whale life

guess that's my semi-yearly reminder

edit2: okay one more just because i'm having a bad day and want to make up for it somehow

> julie

okay, she's kinda interesting

it's not uruka or ilmina but i'll take it
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:27:56 AM by Matsuri »

MatsuriSakuragi

imgur is being an ass right now so uploading here instead check this out
[attach=1]

Finally a machine team that isn't garbage with good stats all around and heavy burst potential with a silk inherit, with bind removal and so on. No reliable heart generation, though...

commandercool

• alter cool
Lately I've been thinking a lot about making a Revo Haku team. I have two Hakus, two Persephones, two Pandoras, and a ton of support options. Haku is cute and it might be nice to have as a backup option. What does an optimal RHaku team look like.

MatsuriSakuragi

Seems pretty good, but the one big catch is that you'll need an unbindable bind remover in there somewhere or anything that binds dark/devils/gods is gonna ruin your day (I recommend Typhon!Ana if you have it simply because cute, off-type, and great on-color active, but anything should help--- that, and if you're going full Revo (which for stat/awakening purposes is a great idea), you'll probably want something with a water subattribute so you can activate off of it). I don't really see any problems with it otherwise.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:42:31 AM by Matsuri »

commandercool

• alter cool
I do have Tyhon, as well as several different Sleeping Beauties and Kurones (summer Kurone has a blue subattribute even).

Jq1790

I should know better, I should know better, I should-

* Jq1790 rolls the Heroin machine

>Crystal egg

Ooh, excitiiiing-

>Dupe Barbara

*Tableflip*

I never learn.

MatsuriSakuragi

* Jq1790 rolls the Heroin machine

the draw is addicting and keeps you comin' back, that's for sure

I really have to fight the temptation to keep buying rolls because there really aren't any genuinely bad units in this set-- they have guaranteed value as a leader/sub/inherit/MP.

Jq1790

I guesss it could have been worse.  Coulda been Mel or something.

MatsuriSakuragi

I can't help but be a little amused that Mel is considered one of the worst pulls when her LS is Juggler's with a twist. How far we've come.

MatsuriSakuragi

> finally grind up 10 more stones
> Oh shit it's rainbow

>...dupe Meridionalis

sigh, at least she's a fun dupe for herself... OKAY FINE I'LL BUY ONE MORE I FEEL LUCKY

> dupe Meridionalis

...the damage potential here is beyond stupid.

Jq1790

Geez, can you send one of those my way?  Holy crap.

Had some fun with Sheena, fullcleared the Descended challenge with her.  Yeah I think I can get behind this team.  Just need to finish plussing and such, grab some latents...Good times.

Also oh riiight, Challenge mode reset.  Guess it's time for me to make really stupid decisions because I can never stop myself from this stuff even when I can clearly see the likely end result.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Well... i guess i am back into this ? I did update it and started doing daily logins again.