Author Topic: Trickysticks' Marauding Mima  (Read 7114 times)

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
Trickysticks' Marauding Mima
« on: September 17, 2013, 01:42:23 AM »
I suppose it's been a while.

So yeah, this is my topic for Danmakufu scripts. I've been scripting for around two years and have a few scripts under my belt. Lots of them are pretty old, but there is some new content I'm working on.

Blah blah blah blah

Links!

All scripts are 0.12m unless otherwise noted. Links are in chronological order for the most part.

Plain Old Scripts

Ex-Rumia Boss
This script is the first full script I released. It uses the defealt Ex-Rumia sprite and...that's about it.

Alice Boss
This is a pretty simple Alice boss with PC-98 references, some creativity, and Alice being mad.

Khayoshia
Don't ask.

Nimono and Secant
Another script featuring original characters. TD just came out and I was like "oh I should totally do a boss fight like that". This is the result. It's gone through a lot of changes, so previous versions may have different content.

Short Nue Boss
It's a short Nue boss. It's a boss, and it's short. It's also a bit more complex than the above scripts since this is when I started using a different coding style.

Yuyuko and Youmu Stage
A script I made as an entry for an external contest. I think it's vastly better than most of the scripts above.

Unfinished & Abandoned Stuff

Shinki-Sakuya Stage
This is an old project that I decided to abandon, but it's perfectly playable. Has a stage portion with an Extra-style midboss and Sakuya as the boss.

Frightening Foe Story? Or, a boss collection.
This is a full game that I still plan to finish, but in ph3. I'm still going to release the 0.12m version as a standalone thing for people to play if they want to, though. As it's a work in progress there's one or two patterns that have issues, but there are no errors of any sort and the vast majority is perfectly playable. It's vastly incomplete, with barely any stage work and most bosses being nearly finished. As such there won't be a download link for a long while. Be patient and stare at the images above for a bit, I guess?

New Stuff!

An Eirin boss script with difficulties. Features the standard 4 difficulties and an unused spellcard that's quite silly!

A bit of a change from my normal scripting style. A Sakuya script in the style of the rather famous(ish?) Japanese scripter Len. People seem to like it!

What's this, a ph3 script? Indeed it is. I've moved over to the new engine and made a Youmu boss because why not. To repeat, this is for ph3, not 0.12m.

Contest Entries!

Incident Causer Mayhem Entry: Yuuka. This won third place and I'm quite proud of it! This also follows my scripting style change of the above Sakuya script.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:06:07 PM by Trickysticks »
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Trickysticks' Frightening Fortress
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 07:59:26 PM »
Did you make an entry for RaNGE 10? I assume you didn't because you're not on my list of contestants.

Either way, you wanted a random post, and here it is.

Also: your opening post is a bit... I don't know. It takes up a lot of space. Maybe put the FFS screenshots side by side and put the script descriptions closer to the script names? It might make it look a bit cleaner.

Trickysticks

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 09:38:36 PM »
Did you make an entry for RaNGE 10? I assume you didn't because you're not on my list of contestants.

Either way, you wanted a random post, and here it is.

Also: your opening post is a bit... I don't know. It takes up a lot of space. Maybe put the FFS screenshots side by side and put the script descriptions closer to the script names? It might make it look a bit cleaner.

I didn't make a contest entry since I didn't really want to make a script for any of the possible characters.

I edited the original post to make it more compact, and put the images in an external album because I suck at formatting.

Expect a video of the (very, very incomplete) game soon!
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Trickysticks

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 05:48:33 PM »
New Release: Eirin.

Taking a break from working on Frightening Foe Story, I decided to make a script for a boss I haven't seen a script for in a while: Eirin. Features four nonspells and five spells, and a scrapped spellcard if you're into that kind of thing. I really recommend playing as the default Reimu B player, for balance reasons. Might eventually balance her specifically for Marisa shot types, but until then she'll absolutely destroy Eirin's last card. Looking for feedback on this, and will add more difficulties in the future.

Updated October 9th with a new version.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:16:46 PM by Trickysticks »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 12:31:44 AM »
Are you going to link it in the OP?

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 12:33:15 AM »
This is really nice, good job Tricky.

Trickysticks

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 12:54:09 AM »
Script added to the OP, thanks for reminding me Sparen. Glad you enjoyed it Ultima.

Easy mode should be done tomorrow, as well as some minor tweaks here and there to make the script more enjoyable.

Edit October 10th: Easy mode completed. Updated links added.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:17:24 PM by Trickysticks »

Trickysticks

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 12:03:40 AM »
Oh hey it's been a while.

I've released a Sakuya script as a standalone thing, and a Yuuka script as an entry into the Incident Causer Mayhem contest! Hooray for third place.

I also released a bunch of...stuff from the game I was working on. Frightening Foe Story will continue, but not in 0.12m. See the title post for more information.

Looking into the future, I plan to migrate to ph3 and continue making scripts there. The new engine has many new opportunities and I'd really like to make use of them.

Trickysticks

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 12:02:00 AM »
oh hey I'm doing something

I'm proud to announce a Youmu script I'll be finishing up and posting soon! In the meantime, here's a preview to give you guys an idea of what to expect.

I expect the final fight to be around stage 4/stage 5 boss length but I'm not sure if I'll have difficulties. Stay tuned in the meantime!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 12:14:00 AM by Trickysticks »

Trickysticks

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 09:59:30 PM »
Youmu Konpaku
Youmu has been released! The things she can't cut are close to none, but does this include you?

This script comes in two difficulties, with 4 nonspells and 5 spells each. I'm quite satisfied with this, especially since it's my first ph3 script. If there are any comments, complaints, bug reports, etc, feel free to leave a comment here or on bulletforge, or message me.

Download Link & Video
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:07:44 PM by Trickysticks »

Trickysticks

Re: Trickysticks' Marauding Mima
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 06:35:08 AM »
Mima?

...What's this?

So, apparently Reimu was on a walk when she encountered...Mima? Huh.

Well, I guess it's up to you to put a stop to what she's doing. Or at least beat her up for no reason.

Download Link & Video
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:17:47 AM by Trickysticks »