Author Topic: World of Warcraft thread - Spoilers ahoy!  (Read 54781 times)

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
Re: World of Warcraft thread - Spoilers ahoy!
« Reply #510 on: January 07, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »
also technically tailoring/enchanting is a no-gather that a lot of people do, and I know I've needed to spend a lot of money on it for dust that I outleveled and still needed.

Yeah... but if you're the opposite (lower tailoring than enchanting) you can sell the old dust/shards for good cash~

or you can carry it around for weeks until you realize oh hey i'm about 100 points over this :ohdear:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #511 on: January 07, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Making enough money to get everything you absolutely need now is very easy I agree. However this was not the case back in Vanilla (at least not for me). I never skipped quests, ever. I made sure I did every last quest in a zone before I moved on. I never spent gold at the AH buying gear or reagents, etc. But I STILL wasn't able to amass the 100g needed for my level 40 mount until I was like 50.. and the 1000g mount at 60? yeaahhhh.. took over a year.

Thing is I had absolutely no luck with the AH EVER. I mean I could never sell a damn thing ever. I'd make the buyout price like 20% less than every other thing, and it would STILL fail to sell, costing me the d eposit cost, I had this happen again and again and again, eventually I just learned I lose money when I try to sell shit rather than make it.

I probably could have made some if I was one of those people who sell via trade using trade channel in capital cities. But I don't like wasting my free time trying to virtually sell shit for hours for virtual gold. I'd rather just play a damn game and have fun y'know?

I'd never beg for free gold though, ugh I hate those people. I could never understand total strangers who aren't yet even level 10 asking for over 100 gold sometimes. WTF?!

« Reply #512 on: January 07, 2011, 10:18:07 PM »
Well cata seems to have found a good spot with quest to cash ratio so people seem to be buying more.
Although crafted epics for like 24k in the AH are still lol. Good luck selling that junk. You'll be holding onto it for awhile.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #513 on: January 07, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »
Yeah... but if you're the opposite (lower tailoring than enchanting) you can sell the old dust/shards for good cash~

or you can carry it around for weeks until you realize oh hey i'm about 100 points over this :ohdear:

there's one level of enchanting where the dust primarily drops off of weapons and armor greens are much more likely to drop essence

I ended up having to buy 100+ dust(after farming the instance of that level for greens a few times) to get past it. : (

I'd never beg for free gold though, ugh I hate those people. I could never understand total strangers who aren't yet even level 10 asking for over 100 gold sometimes. WTF?!

beggars are annoying as fuck.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #514 on: January 08, 2011, 06:24:32 AM »
It just seem silly to me, especially with spending hours/days leveling a DK and running instances just so you can sell the crap so you can mail gold to your new character.

....but I like how unholy DKs play out :ohdear:

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #515 on: January 13, 2011, 07:01:27 AM »
Woo, I have a rogue named Kogasa now. I'm surprised her name wasn't taken on my server.

Now to shank surprise people.  :P

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #516 on: January 13, 2011, 07:12:15 AM »
Woo, I have a rogue named Kogasa now. I'm surprised her name wasn't taken on my server.

Now to shank surprise people.  :P

You're going Subtlety, right? :D Now you just need a big purple hat that's obnoxious and hard to miss.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #517 on: January 13, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »
Get the 'dingy wizard hat' from Azshara. :3

If you're Horde, I mean. And if you're not Horde, then shame on you.

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #518 on: January 13, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
Why would I not be Horde? Horde has them trolls mon.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #519 on: January 13, 2011, 09:16:08 PM »
You made a damn good choice.

And they have goblins. And everyone loves goblins.

And by that, I mean 'to hell with that starting zone after the first time'. :V

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #520 on: January 13, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »
troll mages are the best

mmm berserking + icy veins

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #521 on: January 18, 2011, 12:35:04 AM »
Alliance Rogues are gonna shift from being Night Elves optimally to Worgen now, with their built-in 3min cooldown on their racial Sprint skill. Also, racial bonus to Skinning makes it easier for them to get Master of Anatomy :P
Used to be Night Elves because Shadowmeld+Stealth meant they were nigh undetectable, and could lay in wait as a trap for people in BGs and shank the fuck out of their targets who couldn't see them until they stood right on top of them. Then, Gnomes, because they're so damn hard to click on.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2011, 03:18:53 PM »
So uh, I just downloaded the 10-day trial because I'm bored today and that button came up first when I tried to link my account to this battle.net shenanigans.

I last played early LK.

What the heck did I miss exactly except that I want to be a goblin (but cannot justify subscribing until summer)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #523 on: January 19, 2011, 03:21:07 AM »
Alliance Rogues are gonna shift from being Night Elves optimally to Worgen now, with their built-in 3min cooldown on their racial Sprint skill. Also, racial bonus to Skinning makes it easier for them to get Master of Anatomy :P
Used to be Night Elves because Shadowmeld+Stealth meant they were nigh undetectable, and could lay in wait as a trap for people in BGs and shank the fuck out of their targets who couldn't see them until they stood right on top of them. Then, Gnomes, because they're so damn hard to click on.

I'm not sure, a 3 min CD sprint doesn't sound as significant as better stealth capabilities. Not to mention the ability to reenter stealth while in combat without vanish.