Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 99390 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #510 on: July 05, 2017, 03:03:59 AM »
>"Oh?"

>"Haruka and I thought, after your experience with the Blood, it would be a good idea to call in an expert on the subject to help our training."
>"You mean she's a Blackblood?" Lily blurts out, stunned.
>"Good heavens, no!" Youmu replies firmly. "But she IS Blood. Brightblood. I don't invite Blackbloods to our shrine."
>"But we could still kick her out." the blue-winged miko offers, with more than a little enthusiasm for the idea.

« Reply #511 on: July 05, 2017, 03:16:01 AM »
>"Certainly, we'd appreciate any insights she might offer."

« Reply #512 on: July 05, 2017, 03:31:22 AM »
>"Certainly, we'd appreciate any insights she might offer."

>"Great." the junior miko says, and sprints off after Cynthia.
>"Hold it!" Youmu calls after her, and the winged miko stops in her tracks. "I don't think that's what she meant. Yes?" she asks you.

« Reply #513 on: July 05, 2017, 03:43:00 AM »
>Chuckle slightly
>"I'm certainly not about to ask you to kick someone out of your own shrine. I can handle 'abrasive'."

« Reply #514 on: July 05, 2017, 03:45:40 AM »
>Chuckle slightly
>"I'm certainly not about to ask you to kick someone out of your own shrine. I can handle 'abrasive'."

>"Well you shouldn't have to." the miko declares. "Not after you beat that Avatar."

« Reply #515 on: July 05, 2017, 04:27:05 AM »
>"Courtesy is always appreciated, of course, but I do not feel as though I'm owed any because of what we've done. We are all still equal as people, after all."

« Reply #516 on: July 05, 2017, 09:26:16 PM »
>"Courtesy is always appreciated, of course, but I do not feel as though I'm owed any because of what we've done. We are all still equal as people, after all."

>"Well, I owe you, at least."
>Youmu explains, "You may have been told that the Avatar of Water fought one of our mikos before she fought you. Mirai is her sister."
>"And you beat up the enemy that hurt my sister." Mirai says gratefully.

« Reply #517 on: July 06, 2017, 12:08:54 AM »
>"I hope she wasn't too badly injured?"

« Reply #518 on: July 06, 2017, 02:10:37 AM »
>"I hope she wasn't too badly injured?"

>"Fortunately no." Youmu replies. "She seemed to think the Avatar was less interested in hurting her than just getting her out of the way. The Avatar's power caught her by surprise."
>"She'll be fine in a few days." Mirai adds. "And I'm sure she'd want me to thank you, too." she says, bowing her head politely.

« Reply #519 on: July 06, 2017, 04:35:27 PM »
>"I'm just glad to hear she's alright."

« Reply #520 on: July 06, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »
>"I'm just glad to hear she's alright."

>"I don't suppose you have any idea where the Avatar went?" Youmu asks. "We haven't found a trace of her or her Champion since the battle at the Knowledge's Manor."

« Reply #521 on: July 06, 2017, 10:19:34 PM »
>"I've no idea either, I'm afraid."

« Reply #522 on: July 06, 2017, 11:19:37 PM »
>"I've no idea either, I'm afraid."

>"They're very good at hiding, aren't they?" Youmu gripes.
>"They've had to be, from what we've been told." White Rose says quietly.

« Reply #523 on: July 07, 2017, 12:04:20 AM »
>"I can sense them from a great distance if they act openly, but their ability to remain concealed otherwise seems quite high. On the plus side, I suspect they won't be able to act upon the city in any large way without immediately attracting our notice."

« Reply #524 on: July 07, 2017, 12:42:04 AM »
>"I can sense them from a great distance if they act openly, but their ability to remain concealed otherwise seems quite high. On the plus side, I suspect they won't be able to act upon the city in any large way without immediately attracting our notice."

>Youmu nods, but still appears to be bothered by something. "That is something. But truth be told, Lotus-san, it bothers me that threats with that kind of power are in my city and I can't find them. These are the kind of threats that I, that we," she adds with a look at Mirai, "train to defeat. And then these Champions come along, and really we're no closer to solving the problem than we were a week ago."
>"We know where the Fire Champion is." Minoriko offers.
>"I don't think we do." Youmu counters. "The other three Champions, and their Avatars, can hide themselves so well and yet that one can't? I can't imagine it's not a trap." A more cautious sentiment than you might have expected. In school, anyway, Youmu comes across as being very direct, very forthright. Not the type to be overly cautious.

« Reply #525 on: July 07, 2017, 01:41:06 AM »
>"I'm not certain it's a trap, so much as a challenge. Although given that Ice managed to conceal her presence until the very moment she attacked us at the school the other day, I suppose it could a little of both. Certainly, with their Avatars now in play, I'd be wary of waltzing in the front door and expecting to prevail."

« Reply #526 on: July 07, 2017, 04:01:23 AM »
>"I'm not certain it's a trap, so much as a challenge. Although given that Ice managed to conceal her presence until the very moment she attacked us at the school the other day, I suppose it could a little of both. Certainly, with their Avatars now in play, I'd be wary of waltzing in the front door and expecting to prevail."

>"The Ice Champion doesn't have her Avatar does, does she?"

« Reply #527 on: July 07, 2017, 05:03:13 AM »
>"I'm afraid she does. And while Fire's Avatar has not yet reached Mayoiga, they've already made contact with each other, so I suspect it's only a matter of time."

« Reply #528 on: July 07, 2017, 04:28:15 PM »
>"I'm afraid she does. And while Fire's Avatar has not yet reached Mayoiga, they've already made contact with each other, so I suspect it's only a matter of time."

>Youmu's face hardens. "That changes things. We should talk with Haruka. We may need to adjust our plans."

« Reply #529 on: July 07, 2017, 06:13:52 PM »
>"Yes."

« Reply #530 on: July 07, 2017, 10:54:56 PM »
>"Yes."

>She gestures towards the east exit. "If you'll follow me, please?"

« Reply #531 on: July 07, 2017, 11:03:01 PM »
>"Of course."
>Let's follow along

« Reply #532 on: July 18, 2017, 10:51:30 PM »
>"Of course."
>Let's follow along

>With the two shrine maidens leading the way, the six of you head through the east exit, then turn left after a few feet down that corridor, walking down a fairly long flight of stairs. You note the winged miko's face creases uncomfortably for a moment, but it passes, with some effort on her part. The stairs lead you to a high-ceilinged corridor lined with rich wood, paper lanterns dot the wall at regular intervals, but the corridors' current illumination comes from the windows near the top of the walls. Stained glass windows admit multi-hued light, though the orange-yellow tint streaming through each window hits at an unnatural light source.
>"How beautiful." Minoriko remarks.
>"The people who built the Fire Shrine were among the most talented of the shrine builders." Youmu explains. "Those born with the gift of flight tend to feel uncomfortable being underground, but of course, sooner or later everyone has cause to go below the surface, as we are now. This corridor, and others like it, were built with veins of quartz running through the walls, to refract sunlight down below the surface. It's a touch of the sky below ground. The stained glass was the idea of the previous Elder. She had a talent for aesthetics." She pauses then, seeming to consider something, then pauses and looks back at you. "Magical Lotus, may I have a brief word with you, alone?"

« Reply #533 on: July 19, 2017, 12:42:34 AM »
>"Of course."
>Let's follow along to wherever she wants to have this private word

« Reply #534 on: July 19, 2017, 01:03:47 AM »
>"Of course."
>Let's follow along to wherever she wants to have this private word

>She actually doesn't go anywhere. She lets Mirai and your comrades go on ahead, towards a large wooden double door at the end of the corridor. Rin is the last one through of course, you and she exchanging a quick look before your devoted protector leaves you alone with the Bird Shrine elder.
>The short-haired woman gives you a solemn look. "Thank you. First of all, I want to say that I realize you are concealing your true name. I understand that, and I respect your privacy. Haruka trusts you, and that goes a long way with me. But now that I've seen you in person, there's something I have to ask. You don't have to answer, and I don't mean to intrude upon your privacy. But if you don't mind, I feel the need to ask a personal question."

« Reply #535 on: July 19, 2017, 01:18:17 AM »
>"Go ahead."

« Reply #536 on: July 19, 2017, 01:28:42 AM »
>"Go ahead."

>Youmu takes another look up and down the corridor, ensuring there's no one in hearing range, and asks, "Are you Byakuren Hijiri?"

« Reply #537 on: July 19, 2017, 01:32:10 AM »
>Try not to gawk
>"What would lead you to think that?"

« Reply #538 on: July 19, 2017, 01:41:00 AM »
>Try not to gawk
>"What would lead you to think that?"

>THAT came out of nowhere. But you reasure yourself with the thought that, since she's asking, she isn't sure. Your idendity hasn't been compromised. Yet.
>"A number of reasons, actually. Most of all, I am a half-ghost. That means my senses aren't quite the same as a normal person's. It's difficult to explain, but I have a feeling of familiarity that other races don't. The sensation of one's presence registers with me in ways it doesn't with others. And you 'feel' very much like one of my school mates, Byakuren Hijiri."

« Reply #539 on: July 19, 2017, 01:47:34 AM »
>"And if I said yes?"