Author Topic: REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Game Thread (DAY 2)  (Read 49191 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Game Thread (DAY 1)
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2016, 08:06:24 PM »
I really hate this game because I think as scum here Serela doesn't claim VT.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2016, 08:07:26 PM »
@86

If I had to vote someone else I -guess- it'd be PX for not having words? Lurker lynches d1 are sort of sad. >_>
I was going off this.

Normally it's the kind of thing you try not to say but to be totally blunt either of you can be saintified by "I was trying to end RVS" but that entirely defeats the actual purpose of trying to end rvs. When the game just isn't progressing otherwise we have to pretend someone actually looks guilty for something that's excused by RVS. If I give both of you a pass for that I'm nearly back to RVS and that would be awful. :I
I was going off this.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2016, 08:07:57 PM »
Anyway I need to get stuff done before I go to work bye.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2016, 08:11:54 PM »
Like damn, we basically have a 6 person d1. And only one of those people looked even remotely scummy until like a few hours ago, but no one felt like talking after that apparently???? There's almost nothing to talk about. :C And between that and it being d1 and it being pretty quiet there's no real tension here.

Oh no. I'm being strung up. No one seems interested in counterwagons. My case on Schezo was just getting me murdered and people don't seem to care about PX, or haven't even -responded- to PX and just don't really exist anymore.

I would have liked to see Dormio's response but he's -gone- I guess so so much for that?

Like what's even supposed to happen anymore.

cut by dormio yay!
Oh. Dormio missed the post where I made the case on PX apparently. He noticed the vote though...
:C
It was #77 but I also restated the case there. You're gone anyway though so ;_;

But yeah I can see how you go tthe conclusion off the RVS comments, but anyway I didn't mean the RVS thing in itself was bad, just that I couldn't completely excuse bad actions off it. So I didn't! Now, once RVS was in the past I probably wouldn't care at all anymore, but then the game barely went anywhere to start with, plus I started liking schezo less overall, etc
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2016, 08:16:22 PM »
Yeah, I don't really know about the alternatives (I guess I'll do some reading after I finish some stuff I should be doing right now). Although the way we're going I wouldn't be surprised if we no-lynch. How are we supposed to get 6 votes moving with 3 people who haven't posted since RVS?

BT (1): Old Guy
Serela (4): Conqueror, BT, Schezo, Dormio
Old Guy (1): WindyKitsune
Raikaria (2): PX, L
PX (2): Raikaria, Serela
Bardiche (0): You're all great, wonderful people and I want you to know I appreciate you.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2016, 08:20:15 PM »
I guess I'm okay with voting PX but I don't think his posts lean either way for me at the moment. So it's down to how much I really want to lynch Serela. Aren't you glad Serela?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2016, 08:25:47 PM »
A LITTLE BIT
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2016, 08:53:30 PM »
Quick comment but does anyone else want to start a Dormio wagon?

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2016, 08:59:47 PM »
@That Old Guy, WindyKitsune, and DaLetterEl
What's your previous mafia experience like? Want a quick baseline since I'm familiar with most of the other people playing.
Why not? How else will we get going in a 72-hour game?
I've played Mafia under Werewolf setting. I've played with my friends about 10-15 times in face to face, with action-based roles and about 30 minutes matches. It's first time that I play Mafia on a forum. At the moment there are some Mafia words used I'm getting used to vocabulary here and Mafia Wiki seems really good.

It's 'cause you keep leaving out the colon BT.

Good vote WindyKitsune. Wagon it up ya'll.
Thank you Schezo!
I'm sorry you got blasted because of this, still it seems helped to move the game over the RVS stage.

Hey, new players!

If you're reading this right now, don't freak out! You don't have to wade through all the arguments in the thread. Just your general feelings about the game will be fine - who's the most trustworthy? Who would you keep away from? Start posting, and it'll be easier from there.
Thank you too, BT!
I want to point out that yesterday I was offline because my poor timetable at university; now I have some days to participate more actively.

That's the situation I see here:
Schezo encourages a wagon, Serela misunderstands and votes Schezo accusing him wagoning without voting and Schezo answers with an OMGUS and Raikaria casts a vote against Schezo while saying not to OMGUS against L; I see a reasonable way that move is a random wagoning by Raikaria against Schezo, which made vote PX. But, I would like to know why PX followed Raikaria? It's still not clear for me. So:
##Initialize_the_vote_against PX
until something about that vote is more clear.

The situation about others seems a bit unclear for now, in sense:
- Serela's issues about Schezo's move are solved.
- Schezo's complains about post Reikaria's obfuscation seem dismissed.
- Schezo's wagoning are motivated as scumhunting.
- Consider also lots of votes were done in RVS stage.
This makes me think Raikaria, Schezo and Serela are clean, for now.

Obviously another problem is some people not interacting (for example me, sorry), if there are no important reasons then I don't mind voting them.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2016, 09:06:48 PM »
I actually had the thought reading his Serela post but then there was a line that made me think no no no scum wouldn't say that. Can you guess which one?

I see Dormio's activity light on so if I'm talking about this already:
@Dormio:
+ Try to verbalize what you still don't like about Schezo because I'm not seeing it (your original vote does not age well)
+ Are you fine with convincing yourself to vote Serela despite how Schezo's the one pushing the case?

I'm gonna try and gather my thoughts on Serela because Conq makes me waffle easily. I don't see who else we're going to be able to lynch at this point though.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2016, 09:08:28 PM »
Maybe PX, but I kind of like the cut of his jib. Hm.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2016, 09:11:02 PM »
On phone only reading between stuff at work  can't really typr

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2016, 09:12:06 PM »
Will try to answer some stuff bit don't expect detailed or timely response

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2016, 09:15:32 PM »
The active players in this game have actually made me think "huh, isn't that a townpost?" multiple times throughout the day, except for Serela. Like, I emphasize with the people saying he's in-genuine, since I never felt the fire behind his posts this game. A lot of argument making and self-reassurance and not so many original insights. Even now I'm more inclined to think the latest posts are a desperation move, trying to win people over with counterarguments before he becomes the only viable wagon.

Conq, why do you think he'd try and find a fakeclaim as scum? I mean, it's something he's done in the past, but, like, a while ago in the past.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2016, 09:18:03 PM »
Maybe PX, but I kind of like the cut of his jib. Hm.
but like the only thing he's said is that he's voting raikaria for something trivial he said in rvs

what jib is there to like D:

BT it's pretty hard to make original insights when the game has been fairly inactive and all the active players look fine! Even the big people Raikaria and Schezo have only drawn comparatively minor amounts of actual suspicion in the big picture, the PX thing only just happened because he only recently explained his vote, and I'm the only other thing that's happened today (And obivously I'm not voting myself)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2016, 09:19:17 PM »
(not to mention I think the suspicion against said Raikaria is all silly and obv. my schezo case is getting me lynched at the moment)

Conqueror

« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2016, 09:23:40 PM »
The active players in this game have actually made me think "huh, isn't that a townpost?" multiple times throughout the day, except for Serela. Like, I emphasize with the people saying he's in-genuine, since I never felt the fire behind his posts this game.
This is pretty much my issue with Serela. I can't tell if it's just because we're all mafia rusty or if it's just the way he words things, but I see less a passion for finding the scums and more justifications on why his vote is okay.

re: fakeclaiming - I think because it's a small semi-open setup with no doc, scum serela would want to find that pr asap. But now that I think about it, if there are only 2 scum and serela isn't the mafia boss then it literally doesn't matter if they find the cop who might not even be sane anyway. so yeah i guess it's not huge point.

cut by serela - I don't think it's your schezo case that's getting you lynched, at least it's not why I'm voting you.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2016, 09:24:38 PM »
@bt re:schezo
Basically whenecer I read schezo it feels like to me he's only looking at surface actions like yeah that looks like something scum would do without looking for deeper meaning.
It's a bit better now but I hold a lot of value in first impressions as you should know how stubborn I am about these things

As for am I okay with voting Serena despite schezo voting him?
I am.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2016, 09:26:03 PM »
but like the only thing he's said is that he's voting raikaria for something trivial he said in rvs

what jib is there to like D:
Umm well,

I get the sense he's just doing his own thing, pointing out when people bug him. That time he expanded on why he didn't like Raikaria felt focused and not like he's trying to construct some safe vote. I'm not going to conjure up a bunch of townie-sounding behavior though. I'm just gonna say I think he's scumhunting for the little he's done.

BT it's pretty hard to make original insights when the game has been fairly inactive and all the active players look fine! Even the big people Raikaria and Schezo have only drawn comparatively minor amounts of actual suspicion in the big picture, the PX thing only just happened because he only recently explained his vote, and I'm the only other thing that's happened today (And obivously I'm not voting myself)
Here's the thing though:

If you think people look fine, you can vocalize that. I know I just said I think most of the active players are probably town, but that doesn't mean their play was thaaat townie? People sure found things to say about people not-you-and-PX, and I can gather things I dislike about Raikaria and Schezo and others if I want, but I don't. Your line of thinking you're a victim of other players being too townie to make a case on, is actually pretty scum-like.

cuts
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:33:13 PM by BT »

Conqueror

« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2016, 09:27:10 PM »
ftr I'm not really interested in a Dormio wagon and I don't see the line BT is referring to in Dormio's post that scum wouldn't say.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2016, 09:30:09 PM »
I see less a passion for finding the scums and more justifications on why his vote is okay.
well my schezo vote caught flak from a lot of people from like the moment I made it

so I've been having to justify it a lot D:

and the case hasn't changed a particularly large amount since then so I'm mostly just restating stuff

Re:Bt's recent post, I mean it's not like I don't have cases, Schezo and PX, it's just you're like "well you're not making original insights" well I dunno what else to make insights -on- other than scumhunt? >.> Generally day 1 isn't a time you go around talking about how town you think everyone is, and in general talking about towniness isn't a large priority

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2016, 09:30:58 PM »
We Serela Serena now. The players dictate it.
ftr I'm not really interested in a Dormio wagon and I don't see the line BT is referring to in Dormio's post that scum wouldn't say.
It's not a rock-solid scum wouldn't post this line. It's something that gave me some serious pause:

Also while I was typing this I think I convinced myself but maybe it's just deadline pressure getting to me and knowing that I won't be around for it.
Maybe.
Like, it's both a pretty great genuine moment and not something I see scum admitting to doing, unless they're really putting on an act, and I think Dormio's playing pretty normal so far.

I like his response to me just now too. Not lynching him.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:32:45 PM by BT »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2016, 09:40:19 PM »
I'm just quickly posting to say hey I'm here for deadline and as I have said before; I see the reasons behind the Serela wagon; I just believe what PX did at the time was worse.

Now reading the posts since my last one. I'll post again after that. Then I'll be back and checking the thread after every rift run on D3. [So every 5~10 mins]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2016, 09:41:55 PM »
Re:Bt's recent post, I mean it's not like I don't have cases, Schezo and PX, it's just you're like "well you're not making original insights" well I dunno what else to make insights -on- other than scumhunt? >.> Generally day 1 isn't a time you go around talking about how town you think everyone is, and in general talking about towniness isn't a large priority
I don't agree, though. The Schezo and PX cases are pretty standard duty that aren't abnormal as town or as scum, and the things that would've made me think you're necessarily town aren't there. Like, some color in your game, you know? Yes, I did expect better insights from you. That's what started my vote in page 2 when you were talking about RVS theory instead of how Schezo or Raikaria made you feel. Another example: when you understood Schezo's case on you, wasn't that dry? I mean, I can see you coming to understand his case, but you gave nothing else about him in particular. Most of the time you're just talking about how people aren't here, instead of focusing on what is here. There's this trap people usually enter when they're the focus of the day and whatever they say can't be good enough because they can't talk about anyone but themselves. I don't think that's the case here though! I think there's enough to analyze here. I think you aren't doing the analyzing because you're focused on yourself and your survival because you're prooobably scum. Sorry. :C

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2016, 09:45:56 PM »
Man, I missed Real vs Dortmund talking about mafia. Fuck me.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2016, 09:47:49 PM »
I'm just quickly posting to say hey I'm here for deadline and as I have said before; I see the reasons behind the Serela wagon; I just believe what PX did at the time was worse.

Now reading the posts since my last one. I'll post again after that. Then I'll be back and checking the thread after every rift run on D3. [So every 5~10 mins]
Okay how can you 'see the reasons behind the Serela wagon' and you haven't caught up yet. Don't appease us that hard. Talk about the wagons instead and how PX's worse.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2016, 09:48:35 PM »
This might be Serela x Raikaria but I'm just mashing the 'Post' button right now.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2016, 09:53:53 PM »
Reminder that we still need majority so hey PX maybe get on the wagon instead of your Raikaria vote? What's that doing for you?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2016, 09:55:20 PM »
stop shipping me with raikaria bt

this is mafia not a romance animoo >:C

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2016, 09:56:59 PM »

PX; if you don't actually scumhunt or at least answer the criticism aimed at you, I am going to try my damnedest to push your wagon all the way to the noose. Even if I have to flip to Serela just so we don't no lynch.

Like, you don't show up a few hours before deadline and just suggest a random wagon with no explanation.

And that's on top of hopping on Schezo's scummy wagon for no given reason, and then said given reason being worthless [Fluff in my post during RVS applies to literally everyone who posted before that point]

Also; for what it's worth; we know we have a cop. I think it's pretty clear from the consensus of the town that whichever of Serela and PX get lynched, the other should be copped.

A wild Kitsune appears and I like it's style.

As alluded to above; I really do not see the point of a Dormio lynch. I don't even really see the scumtell.

Basically:

I think PX is scummy for his lack of scumhunting; and hopping on Schezo's self-admitted scummy case. Admittedly; this is somewhat normal PX behaviour, but that doesn't change the fact that the behavior is scummy as hell. I think PX is a better lynch than Serena.
Serela there's not much to say that isn't parroting what others say. PX v Serela really comes down to which town thinks is worse; PX jumping on a bad wagon or Serela jumping on a counterwagon while missing/not stateing the scuminess in Schezo's wagon.
Dormio hasn't done anything that looks particularly scummy to me. Maybe very minor, but nowhere near PX/Serela.
Everyone else ranges from 'meh' to town. Won't outright say who I think is town and who I think is most town; since that paints targets on the backs of said trusted townies for mafia to remove those trusted people; and there's no Doc to use that info.

Lynch one of PX and Serela IMO. I prefer PX but would lynch Serela if I have to. Also down for a lurker lynch if we can't get a consensus between PX/Serela. Any Cop should check whichever of those two we don't lynch. I say Cop because if sanity isn't guarenteed there#s probobly a sane and insane cop.

@ BT cut [one of 6]: Yeah I can see how it might look like Serela x Raikaria with Serela defending me early and me wanting a PX lynch over Serela. If Serela's scum it looks bad on me but I just think PX's actions [And inactions] are worse.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.