Author Topic: Neo Waking up From the Dream Registration/Discussion Thread Mark 2 - Reg Closed  (Read 75721 times)

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
Hoho, what wicked web my reputation weaves...

Yeah okay. That was kinda bad. also that is almost a quote from the Crypt Fiend. Lol.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Which in and of itself is a Walter Scott reference. Literature ho!
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
Which in and of itself is a Walter Scott reference. Literature ho!

Damn Spider fanboy.

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Kakyoin

• The truth is all that matters.
  • Nothing more, nothing less.
Can we please keep general chat about nothing in particular out of this thread? Thanks.

Former GM of the Neo Waking Up From The Dream Forum RP.

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
>Participant raises his hand.
Question: "Would it be fine to have an OC partner? Assuming the proper circumstances..."

Kakyoin

>Participant raises his hand.
Question: "Would it be fine to have an OC partner? Assuming the proper circumstances..."

The short answer is yes. However, as you have guessed, it must be done tactfully and in good taste. My team has another OC (Mayli Ayume), so if a GM can do it, of course others can! I highly recommend consulting with Nemo Ma before going through with it, though. Note that you will also have to provide a character profile for your OC partner too, if this gets approved by her.

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

GuardianTempest

Initiating contact...somehow.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
Okay, I'm fairly certain that I could participate in this as things are now, currently reading through the story thread and enjoying myself  :)

And I wanted to note the fact that I dropped Utsuho into the tail end of my wanted characters just in case she becomes available.
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

GuardianTempest

Bad news and Good news:

Bad: Char Sheet will be delayed due to sheer amount of thought needed to finish it.

Good: Will finish 2 days from now at max.

Kakyoin

Bad news and Good news:

Bad: Char Sheet will be delayed due to sheer amount of thought needed to finish it.

Good: Will finish 2 days from now at max.

There is no rush on the character profile. We are still in the process of reaching the point in the story where new signups will join in, so don't worry.   ;)

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
There is no rush on the character profile. We are still in the process of reaching the point in the story where new signups will join in, so don't worry.   ;)

You mean waiting like two more months till the RP starts. Phantasmic.

Kakyoin

Hey, I'm being honest here. On the bright side, we'll let everyone who just signed up know about crucial moments (like when we'd like to see character profiles, and when it's okay to post) via PM at the very least.

Kakyoin

Drops and Character Profiles
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 08:35:25 PM »
Several new announcements valid as of 1/29/2012:

1. Dropping Inactive Teams after this Wednesday (2/1/2012)
Yes, you heard me right. The following teams will be dropped from Neo WUFTD come this Thursday if they do not express interest in continuing with their teams, and their listed Touhou partners will be made available for anyone to claim:

• Aya Shameimaru (Umbron)
  • Murasa Minamitsu (Umbron)
  • Parsee Mizuhashi (Anathe)
  • Iku Nagae (Anathe)
  • Koishi Komeiji (Anathe)
  • Lunasa Prismriver (Yuyuko Yakumo)
  • Lyrica Prismriver (Yuyuko Yakumo)
  • Yuugi Hoshiguma (Kanjou)
  • Yamame Kurodani (Kanjou)

And I wanted to note the fact that I dropped Utsuho into the tail end of my wanted characters just in case she becomes available.
Utsuho has become available for picking, as Himiko dropped out as of yesterday. Feel free to adjust your Touhou partner list as you see fit.

Priority: Kurodani Yamame
Yamame has a good chance of becoming available, as Kanjou has been quite unresponsive over the past few months.

2. Character Profiles
Now is a good time to start working on creating a Character Profile for your character. There is currently no due date on Character Profiles, but we encourage you to at least begin creating one for your OC. Let your imagination run wild (within reasonable limits, of course)!

Q: Where do I start?
Good question! Fortunately, there is a whole post dedicated to answering this question and more here.

Q: In addition to my main OC, can I have another OC as a partner to take the place of a Touhou character partner?
The short answer is 'yes', however, in order to gauge whether or not this OC partner is appropriate, you will need to seek approval from Nemo Ma and myself. See this post on how best to contact us. You will need to meet the following criteria:

• You must make a Character Profile for each OC you have on your team. This includes your main OC, as well as any partner OCs that take the place of Touhou partners. If your "other OCs" are non-physical entities related to your OC in some way (e.g., split personalities), they do not need a Character Profile, but must instead be explained in your main OC's profile.
  • Your team cannot be composed of more OCs than Touhou Partners (excluding your main OC). This means that if you have a 1:1 partner ratio, such as two OCs and two Touhou characters, that is valid. We recommend having only one OC partner at most, but if you would like to have more, that's perfectly fine.
  • Your OC partners MUST be human. They are not allowed to provide mana to your main OC's other partners, and if they are to develop extraordinary powers such as magic or enhanced fighting abilities, they will have to become dependent on your main OC for mana in the future, so plan with this in mind. All rules and guidelines that apply to your main OC also apply to each partner OC.
  • Each OC partner must also be approved by myself and Nemo Ma.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:53:47 AM by Kakyoin »

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
Re: Drops and Character Profiles
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »
Utsuho has become available for picking, as Himiko dropped out as of yesterday. Feel free to adjust your Touhou partner list as you see fit.
I'll keep her on the tail end of the list for now, I don't really want her in the team to start off and I'd rather just have Satori and Momiji to start off, maybe Orin.

Edit: So I have a real life friend that has expressed interest in this whole roleplaying business. However he's pretty new to touhou and not the best at using the English language in writing so we were planing on doing some sort of collaboration where he mostly sticks to me or I use his character in my posts or his posts are merged with mine.

It's still in the planning stages and he's tinkering on his profile but I wanted to drop it here because that's what I do, drop things. Oh and he's a newbie on the forums so if he has anything to say I'll be forwarding it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:05:16 AM by Marokuu »

Kakyoin

Re: Drops and Character Profiles
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2012, 03:54:18 AM »
So I have a real life friend that has expressed interest in this whole roleplaying business. However he's pretty new to touhou and not the best at using the English language in writing so we were planing on doing some sort of collaboration where he mostly sticks to me or I use his character in my posts or his posts are merged with mine.

It's still in the planning stages and he's tinkering on his profile but I wanted to drop it here because that's what I do, drop things. Oh and he's a newbie on the forums so if he has anything to say I'll be forwarding it.

Sounds fine, just make sure that Nemo Ma knows about this as well.

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
  • The Main Character (Really!)
    • Blank
Eh, I'll procrastinate more if I don't finish it quickly, so here it is.

Name: Ashley Fisher

Visual Description
Height: 5'12
Hair color/style: Auburn, his hair is in a short, curly style, although he often attempts to comb it straight.
Eye color: Green.
Clothing: He wears a dark blue hooded windbreaker over a white long sleeved shirt. For lower wear, he wears tan coloured cargo pants, and dark brown work boots over short black socks. He also has black wool fingerless gloves, for warmth while still having dexterity in his fingers.
Accessories: He has a simple, cheap watch with a black strap, and a switchblade he conceals in his sleeve.
Other: He has a tattoo from his gang days on his wrist. It's a spear with a snake entwined in it, like the Rod of Asclepius.

Personality
General: To say he's a jerk would describe any first impressions of him. He tends to be rude to just about everyone, making snide remarks when he likes to. People that get to know find out that he's...still a bit of a snarker. However, they do find out that he's rather honest while talking, which explains why he seems so crass all the time.

He views the world mostly in a cynical view. He distrusts others, and despises people who believe things come to them, instead of the other way around. However, with his new view on life, he just can't help but have the idling thought that everyone has something good within them or at least, capable of doing such. After all, he's a prime example.

Ashley is also calm in trouble. No matter how much stress he undergoes, he keeps his head cool. Although his remarks will have a sudden increase in number.

Although he generally has a negative reaction to others, he has a soft spot for children. Perhaps because they remind him of a childhood life or friend never had, he's kind to them. Although all that means is that he'll halt his wisecracking for a little while.

Likes: Ashley's favorite colour is grey. He has no real preference for food, although he can't stand sweet things. His favorite thing to watch is cheesy shows like mecha anime, or tokukatsu. He also enjoys using the internet on occasions, and going into fights.
Dislikes: Ashley despises the fact that he seems to go into one bad problem into another. He doesn't like people who rely on luck, or what he likes to call "a idiot's hope". He dislike recalling his past, although he won't deny it.

History/Background: Born to a poor family, he already had it rough. His mother died during childbirth, and his father eventually neglecting him as he worked in despair. The only comfort he had as he grew up was in his friends, who taught him fun activities to do such as pickpocketing or setting firecrackers just right. As he grew older, he eventually joined a gang with them. He committed many crimes as their peon, slowly growing desensitized to what he did. Murder, robberies, arson, name it and he did it. Fellow members were disturbed at times at just how emotionless he was during these. However, in a job gone wrong, he was heavily wounded, and his "friends" left him for dead. Perhaps he would've been, if it weren't for him falling on the doorstep of a retired doctor. When he came to, he found himself patched up.

Just what did he want? Ashley asked that as he recovered in that man's house. He just couldn't think of any reason that someone would help him. When he was fully healed, he asked this question to the man before he left. The resulting answer gave him much thought about himself and his path in life. It was the first kind deed he'd ever seen that wasn't for a profit.

Not that he changed immediately. He took to doing errands for the old man at first, being reluctant to simply leave him. He found that the man was quite popular, helping whenever he can in the neighborhood. His former friends eventually found him back, but after seeing what they would do for him, ignored them. His reputation as being cold-hearted and just surviving what they thought was fatal made this reaction mutual.

Eventually, he did manage to graduate high school, albiet barely. With his criminal record however, few would actually hire him for jobs, not counting how abrasive he was in job interviews. He also found himself in more troubling situations as he attempted to do something good. But on occasions, when things seem to go right for him for once, he admits that he found his difficult life a lot more better than his old one. Hell, he even managed to a free trip to a different country that isn't a scam, what could possibly go wrong?

Fighting Style: "If the fight's fair, you already lost.". That is the summerization of his fighting style. Living on the streets means doing anything to get an advantage on the opponent. Insults to anger them, no flashy and impractical moves like high kicks, and so on. He also uses his switchblade, but not focused directly on it, using it as more of a extension of himself. He'll also only attempt to fight if there's no choice, or if he knows he can win.

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions: First and foremost, he wants to help others. Second, he'd like it if he could have a couple days where he can rest without something going wrong. Otherwise, he doesn't have much else in mind; He can't think of anything else that he'd like to have.

Theme Song: Good days, Bad days

Fun Facts: He really loves those idealistic shows like those Super Robot anime. It's something that's a guilty pleasure for him. Another guilty pleasure he has is singing random songs when he feels that he's alone and happy for once. And he doesn't believe in the supernatural.

Additional Information/Background/History: He keeps his tattoo hidden as much as possible, it's still a bit of a sore point for him.

Relationships:
Might make minor changes to it,
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:32:03 AM by Yog-N'yggoth »

...Where's my game?

GuardianTempest

School is tough, but I'm gonna have Kakyoin approve my sheet first. Time to finish it ASAP.

Kakyoin

Midnight Crow asked:

Q: Are our characters already in Gensokyo by the time we start?
No. Newcomers to Neo WUFTD do not even need to worry about Gensokyo, as they will not be involved in it nor go inside it (the real Gensokyo was destroyed in Season 1, the Gensokyo we are in right now in the story is a fake, virtual Gensokyo).

Yog's Character Profile: Approved by me, needs Nemo's approval still.

natten20

• Faith, Hope and Love
Hi

I am wondering if I can sign up or is it too late?

If its not too late I wooed like to sign up

Charters name: Narr?n Alda Sam

Charters age: 28

Touhou choose: top priority: Nazrin. Choose: shou toramaru.

Many thanks from nattten20.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:52:25 PM by natten20 »

Kakyoin

Signups still open
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »
Hi

I am wondering if I can sign up or is it too late?

If its not too late I wooed like to sign up

Charters name: Narr?n Alda Sam

Charters age: 28

Touhou choose: top priority: Nazrin. Choose: shou toramaru.

Many thanks from nattten20.

Not too late to sign up! Signups are not closed, and will not close until about a week before the newcomers are set to join Neo WUFTD in-story (which is still to be determined depending on posting speed of current players). I estimate another two weeks (at least) before we reach that point.

You are registered as a signup now, just make sure to read this post about what to do next and this post for a list of helpful links and information that you may utilize as a participant.

Note to everyone who has signed up:
All partner choice conflicts are posted at this document. so far, there don't seem to be any top priority conflicts, so no one has to sort out anything yet.

natten20

• Faith, Hope and Love
Hi again.

i am wondering again who is going to have shou toramaru?
since both me and Orphea have her as second choice.

Kakyoin

Hi again.

i am wondering again who is going to have shou toramaru?
since both me and Orphea have her as second choice.
I believe Orphea would prefer to have only 1-2 characters (Sara and Alice Margatroid), so Shou is open for you to take. I list all the conflicts here, but not all conflicts need to be resolved (check notes for each signup as to whether or not they want just 1-2 partners only).

GuardianTempest

Posting Conventions for RP-related reasons:
    Normal (Black) Text: Neil
    Italicized: Thinking/talking mentally
    White: Milican
    Red: Kimia
    Trebuchet MS: In Filipino

Visual References: Neil (Closest Resemblance)||Milican||Kimia

Name: Neil John Parilla

Visual Description
       Height: 5'5"
       Hair color/style: Black with slightly moderate density of white hairs (due to genetics and stress), medium length
       Eye color: Dark Brown
       Clothing: He looks like a wannabe-commando, justified that he's an enthusiast. He sports a blue military beret, a utility belt he got as a giveaway from his PAF father, a pair of military pants he bought in a bargain sale (surprisingly new when he got it) and his prized jacket he has been studying diligently for. He also has a pair of waterproof hiking boots to finish the setup and a peculiar pair of gloves.
       Accessories: A large-sized black WWII backpack he got from a shop, with everything he needs, along with a fortified, large camouflage traveling trolley-bag, like the ones in airline travels. He is accustomed to bringing heavy bags since that was his lifestyle in school, bringing heavy baggage up and down through four (or more) flights of stairs everyday.
       Other: His pair of gloves are a unique pair. His -Left- Glove, has a white Japanese character on a black background meaning 'Darkness', while the -Right- Glove has a black Japanese character on a white background meaning 'Light'. What made those peculiar though, is that he recently modified it to have retractable cat claws. It pertains to his interest in cats and the subsequent interests derived by the anime culture. It's amazing what the workshops near conventions can accomplish. Ignoring all that, it looks really cool on him.

Personality
       General: He has developed a bipolar personality where the two sets are fluidly interchangeable, both of which are born from his socio-emotional weakness. One is the stoic type that lays back in the sidelines, until the right circumstances are met. Once that is achieved, compensation ensues and he becomes very childlike. His primary concern is his reputation and being understood, always attempting to explain himself and his actions due to his self-esteem problem. While he is very impulsive and emotions tend to carry him away, he is very afraid to make mistakes and is willing to make up for them. He experiences what he calls an 'Anticipated Stage Fright' before and during anything he considers 'public speaking' or at least involving large audiences, suffering a massive anxiety attack until it is over. Whatever he does there he will be a shaky, stuttering mess of emotions that would cut his potential in half or more. It's still amazing he hasn't fainted yet. Consequently after whatever he did in front of his class, he seats as if he just went through the wringer, albeit feeling as if his initial performance isn't enough. He is a neutralist, always in the sidelines until he decides to intervene. He aims to bring the two factions to understanding(or force them into mutual submission). Sometimes he just backs up the side that looks more 'good' in his eyes. He often enjoys pulling mind-pranks, snickering every time he gets an expected reaction. He is often seen unfocused, daydreaming or planning. He is lazy as hell but he can get work done once he overcomes the initial motivation problem as long as he isn't discouraged by his workload, which can be easily achieved if his perspective were manipulated. Lastly, other than being a hardcore procrastinator, he is absurdly forgetful. (a side-effect from his want to forget the silly things he did back then)

Likes: Cats, military tech, staying in the sidelines, the internet, wars abruptly ending in armistices, national progress, getting an anticipated outcome, vividly daydreaming, firm understandings and garnering positive attention.
       Dislikes: Dogs, getting hurt, his socially and emotionally painful past, being caught 'off-guard', times where they 'don't understand', Filipinos in a bad position, getting a negative reaction (unless expected), being mocked, misinterpretations and his poor decision-making skills.

History/Background:

A Filipino born in the province, raised in Metro Manila. He developed a respectable interest towards science, video games and the military. Though unfortunately his lifestyle was sheltered and so he never really engaged outside, preferring to stay indoors. The consequences led up to a socially awkward childhood, interpreted negatively as a society who shuts him out, leading to a perspective of resentment on his past. The remaining years he spent watching from the background, watching the classmates' immaturity. He compensates by dousing himself in the internet, ofter becoming a bit too mature for his own good, seeing as how his acquaintances are frequently older than him. Also, he got a reputation online for being prominent in a lot of websites. He skipped Grades 3 and 5 due to an accident in accounting, thus he graduated from high school at his current age. His last two years there made him recover slightly, as everyone sees him as a 'stoic but compassionate' type, though he still thinks they could use some moral values. Looking back, he sees his own actions as 'embarrassing' and fuels his want to forget about it.

Recently he was accompanied by a friend he met online about going to Japan for an 'extra special convention and would spend his vacation there'. He got permission from his loving yet traditionalist father and pediatrician step mother to go alone, seeing as they were confident in his abilities to tolerate his surroundings. He got the idea from an advertisement he saw, seeing that he could take his 'deserved break'. There he gets his 'cat gloves', enjoys the scenery, reads more about the upcoming events and buys a ridiculous amount of 'useful' merchandise normally available on the internet...IN JAPAN!!. His hard-earned online publicity got him a few conversations while strolling. Surely nothing bad can happen, right? Slightly, there's a little scuffle over some overseas area...again but nothing serious for him. Having a new positive outlook he has never experienced before, he decides to go on a lone-wolf expedition in the forest located in the province of Kamisuiwa for a few weeks. He has been warned that 'strange events' can take place there, but he's confident he'll be able to keep himself alive, besides, he's GuardianTempest. (technically a 'Title' Drop)

Fighting Style: He has no real life combat experience, instead formulated his own set of CQC should he ever need it. His fighting style focuses on his hands since he can't really kick well, thus limiting its uses to low attacks and movement while he attacks with a cat-themed form. He is suited to parrying, scratching and Aikido-like reversals. While he couldn't really deliver a good punch or palm, he can give a painful knee/elbow thought it's not practical. Other than parrying and reversing, he performs various rolling maneuvers in evasion. Since he's aware that anything goes in battle, he fights the only way he knows how. Preferring hit-and-away attacks, deceptive blows, improvisation, feints and so on. He often hides and runs, watching the area and making himself look like a coward. But when that fails and gets himself cornered or gets provoked into attacking, Plan B. From that point on he lashes out like a trapped rat in a display of feral desperation. Although he is not sure how that would work out, it would be enough for him when the time is needed. He would greatly appreciate having a firearm, so he can end things like The Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Kimia and Milican:

Neil has two 'fictional' females he keeps in his subconscious that acts as his company and moral balancing, they are Kimia and Milican. Born from his personal loneliness and boredom, they were initially a concept inspired by SMT's Persona series (the second in the series to be exact, since it's the only one he played, and finished, in his life. Though he has heard about the other ones.) in which he tried to make characters that would represent his heart, his judgment and his morals, just like those two little people on your shoulders who tells you what's good and what's hilariously fun. But unlike those, he prefers to manifest them full-scale and either Persona-style, appearing and hovering above him, or simply appearing near him, either summoned one at a time, both in unison or both with individuality. From two meager 'Original Characters' to full-blown semi-sentient entities in his mind, he ignores very hard the fact that they're puppets tied to his heart and does his best to treat them as different people. In the end, he wishes, even for as many limits as the fates can compile to him as possible, they would truly manifest, a physical persona he can draw from himself like that one daydream.

The former wouldn't represent his 'evil' but rather, the mischievous and quirky side, but for the sake of technicality she is responsible for most of his want-related sins, like the ones pertaining to the lack of restraint. Conversely, the latter is the designated 'good' side, frequently questioning his actions and provides ample warnings about their consequences, she also advises generously. However, since they're personifications of his psyche, their performance is level to its strength. And due to his emotional fragility, there are many things that would make him waver greatly, thus presenting an easy opportunity if one knows how he feels. But then, since they are tied to his psyche, that also means that they have the potential to become stronger.

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions:
    -Redeem himself for the times of his incompetence.
    -Be an internet celebrity.
    -Fulfill at lest ONE daydream and get attention for that achievement.
    -Fix a political issue.
    -Improve handwriting and manga-drawing skills.
    -Make improvements to broken games.

Additional Information/Background/History:

Relationships:

Leitmotifs and Theme Musics:

Miscellaneous Facts(Neil):
    -Genre Savvy, though he often keeps it to himself since he knows no one would understand how it works.
    -He has multiple 'defense mechanisms' born from his insecurities, while it may seem like weird mannerisms, it definitely works. For example:
    • Experiencing a massive anxiety attack whenever something bad is going to happen soon or in suspicious circumstances.
    • Growling with an optional minor display of retaliation, works repulsing persistent pricks who won't leave with a simple 'Go away'.
    • Involuntarily parrying anything that even remotely resembles a 'punch', a prominent habit of him.
    -His favorite firearms are the Thompson Contender(Shotgun variant) and the PP-19 Bizon, primarily the Bizon-2 version. His favorite military force is the Soviets from WW2, though he hasn't decided one for the 'modern' category.
    -His dream vehicles are the sQuba from Rinspeed and the BTR-80 from Russia.
    -His preferred subject in school is Science, excluding Physics from it since he sucks with NASA-level equations.
    -He dislikes home economics, mainly because of the introduction of bookkeeping and ludicrous requirements.
    -'Traveling' the internet, he is at home in the forums, primarily roleplaying ones.
    -This character is actually a self-insert! :o Though the things accurate are the personality, Kimia & Milican, the fun-facts (except this one) and his goals/ambitions/whatever.

Miscellaneous Facts(Kimia & Milican):
    -The two are Neil's first line of comfort whenever he gets 'broken'.
    -They are represented by his gloves.
    -They sometimes conflict with each other, disagreeing, but nothing serious.
    -There are times where even they themselves make mistakes, they're not perfect after all.
    -While Milican mostly comes first in mentioning, Kimia must always be first whenever their names are connected with 'and'.
    -Milican was formerly named 'Ellen', then 'Brenda', then 'Milican' due to aesthetics while Kimia was a play on words meaning 'Killed-In-Missing-In-Action'.
    -Kimia's Arcana is the Fool while Milican's is the Moon, but together their arcana is Judgment. A little thinking about it would show why.
    -Following their inspiration, they have been intended to use skills exclusive to that series. Originally they were supposed to start with mid-level spells but then conscience won over and he decided to be fair and start low.
    -Although he references skills from Persona 2 and Persona 4, he made unique changes to some of them and came up with a few of his own. These ideas would simply stay in the confines of his fantasy, unless of course, he can summon the two.

Intended Skills/Spells/Abilities List for the course of the RP - List changes as time progresses.
    • Milican:
      • Guardian's Defense (Unique/Evolving) - A defensive wall that stops non-piercing damage and holy damage right in its tracks...from one direction only. Non-Holy piercing attacks and attacks that can change direction will hit.
      • Garu - Wind-attribute spell, small damage.
      • Dormina - Sleep spell, 30% success rate.
      • Dia - Single-target healing spell, minor restoration
      • Wall of Light - Negates non-piercing dark-attribute attacks for a variable amount of time dependent on caster's power input.
      • Hama Custom - Holy-attribute spell that gently renders the target unconscious, only works if his/her psyche is successfully coerced into submission and completely backfires if he/she is aligned to benevolence.
    • Kimia:
      • Tempest's Offense (Unique/Evolving) - Hits up to 3 times with a Strike/Dark attribute attack. The three hits can either be focused on a single target or separated at three targets, one hit each.
      • Agi - Fire-attribute spell, small damage.
      • Bash - Small damage physical strike.
      • Pulinpa - Confusion spell, 25% success rate.
      • Wall of Shadows - Negates non-piercing holy-attribute attacks for a variable amount of time dependent on caster's power input.
      • Mudo Custom - Dark-attribute spell that knocks the target out cold, only works if he/she cannot endure the mental 'hit' and provides a minor boost to him/her if he/she is aligned to malevolence.
    • Both - The two needs to be cooperating as a single Persona, under the 'Judgment' arcana, to work:
      • Zanma - Hits a single target with a non-elemental magic burst, moderate damage.
      • Gry - Hits a group of enemies with  non-elemental magic 'pressure', small damage.
      • Boost - Gives Neil an increase in his performance. Varies depending on power input which is often set to 'High'.
    • Other - Any or both of the two can use these skills. Passive skills and other types go here too.
      • Manifest - A passive ability that slowly drains Mana in exchange for being able to bring themselves into the physical plane. The rate of consumption is very, very low, around 5% every hour if all they would do is communicate and minor physical tasks like basic locomotion and so on. Mana drains faster the more effort they have to exert, thus a tricky ability to utilize at first, but once mastered, it's simply second nature.
      • Telepathy - A passive ability that takes even LESS Mana than Manifest. Consumption rate is fixed at 2% for every 25 seconds of constant talking. Does not cost anything if they're simply conversing with Neil.
    « Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:38:58 AM by GuardianTempest »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
    • ...well, I am too!
    Name: Mao Xuezhen (Mao last name, Xuezhen is first. 矛学赈, to learn of relieving the distressed)

Visual Description
       Height: 6'0''
       Hair color/style: Black hair, ombre highlights. A little less than shoulder length, kept straight.
       Eye color: Dark brown
       Clothing: Long sleeved shirts and dark slacks, along with a 'white' apron; 'white' in that it's usually soiled beyond recognition by all sorts of paints, pastels, and oils.
       Accessories: A brown flat cap with a number of decorative badges pinned on to it.
       Other: During a more experimental time with art (body art in particular), Xuezhen got a tattoo that covers a good deal of his right arm and torso; it's a magnificent design of dark blue and violet whorls and swirls that curls up from nearly his hip to halfway up his neck, along with most of his arm. He's not particularly afraid to show it off.

Personality
       General: care free outlook on life, one that always gives him a smile and a laugh no matter the situation. He's calm, collected, unfazable. There's not much that can really pertube him, though there is much that bothers or disturbs him. He just doesn't let it show. Underneath that is a bit of a wicked streak though, along with a more visible sense of black humor.
       Likes: Painting, sculpting, quiet moments, a good cup of coffee, focus
       Dislikes: Noise, oppressiveness, stifling behavior, office jobs

History/Background: An awkward kid from birth to now, Xuezhen was always pressured by his parents to succeed. His very name was an attempt to corral him towards medicine, as his mother had. His last name is a remnant of his father's family's militaristic nature. But during high school, after dead end classes and multiple upsets, he was finally through. He stood up to his parents and told them what he wanted to do with his life, damning the consequences. After besting his father in combat and showing his mother where his true talent lay, he's now where he is, in a private art college in Shanghai after a startling, out of nowhere, exhibition of his life's work gave him full ride. His relationship with his parents is frosty though somewhat friendly to this day, the rest of his family isn't much different, and he doesn't keep many acquaintances, let alone friends.

He's perfectly happy to keep going on as he is, spending every day painting and sculpting to his heart's content; the chance to visit Japan is a big oppurtunity for him.

Fighting Style: Much like how his mother drilled medicinal information into him every day as a child, his father punched every inch of martial arts knowledge he had into Xuezhen. His body is bruised and callused with that knowledge, his muscles and bones completely attuned to them despite his protests. He was taught a mixture of Baguazhang and Swallow style Xingyiquan, due to the similar yet dissimilar movements; the random movements of Swallow style are combined with the nimble footwork of Baguazhang to create a truly frustrating and deadly opponent. It's been nearly three years since he stopped practicing, though, and though his body remembers, his mind does not do so nearly as well. Switching between the erratic Swallow style and flowing Baguazhang, then exploding with his signature hybrid style, is his main way of doing things. Or at least it was. When it comes down to it, Xuezhen is a lot more willing to fight than he realizes, and he's quick to defend what he believes in.

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions: To enjoy himself. Xuezhen's life has not been very fun for him so far, and he seeks to rectify that. Studying art has done an ample job of providing that amusment factor. Ultimately though, he doesn't have a real end goal. He's just happy to follow this path to wherever it leads.
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:29:05 PM by Amra »
    Sugoiiii~
    [23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
    [23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

trancehime

• 不聖女
    • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
      • himegimi
    GuardianTempest:
    i am not gonna speak for kakyoin and nemo ma but i got really yelled at and had to severely nerf my own character who had magical powers so i'm not sure if you can get away with being able to freaking use Hieros Glupaine and CHAOS ELEMENT later on :/

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
    twitter xx motk resident whale

Kakyoin

GuardianTempest:
    i am not gonna speak for kakyoin and nemo ma but i got really yelled at and had to severely nerf my own character who had magical powers so i'm not sure if you can get away with being able to freaking use Hieros Glupaine and CHAOS ELEMENT later on :/

@Trance: Nothing you said was out of place, don't worry.

@GuardianTempest: I am with Trance in regards to this. However, it would be best if you could add descriptions for each of your magical powers. I haven't played the Persona games, so it would really help to have some sort of explanation for all of them. That will likely determine how much you can get away with. The fact that all three of your personae have different spell sets worries me. Will they be able to attack in tandem with each other, or just one out at a time? Which leads to another question that applies to every newcomer...

Q: Can my OC use magic?
    Newcomer characters cannot use magic at first. A magical background is strictly prohibited (curiosity towards magic is fine, although quite unlikely unless your character is very interested in fantasy settings and situations). You might think this is unfair since some of the characters in the story right now are able to use magic (e.g., Ken). However, they have been in Gensokyo (fake or not) for several years, and Gensokyo is not the real world; they are also mana providers due to their past. Newcomers have been in the real world their entire lives, even up until first joining in Neo WUFTD when the time comes. When you receive your partners and gain the ability to provide mana, THAT is when you will be able to start slowly learning magic over time. This goes for both main OCs and partner OCs.

EDIT: Moreover, it is essential to note that, in a mana relationship between main OC and partner(s), using any significant powers or magic will draw from the pool of mana shared amongst the main OC and partner(s). Recognize that mana is required for non-human partners (all Touhous and some partner OCs) to maintain survival. This is a tradeoff that cannot be ignored while in the real world in this RP.
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:11:37 AM by Kakyoin »

GuardianTempest

I

AM

SO

SORRY

I can't believe I got carried away, especially at THIS sort of time. Anyway I'll do my best to overhaul as much of it as I can, I ridiculously went too far again whenever I feel a slight hit of success. I think I'm going to add that in. Clarifying, they're simply imaginary people (that felt hard), they won't really do anything since all that you saw was simply fantasy and I didn't really think it through. Can you scan for more errors? I don't want that to happen again.

EDIT: Okay, there it is, but I still think there is something wrong. Maybe because of this 'mental fatigue' but I'm doubting the polish-level of it.
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:47:31 AM by GuardianTempest »

Name: Claire Kreshna

Visual Description
       Height: Medium/ 5?6?
       Hair color/style: Black/Long pigtails
       Eye color: Blue
       Clothing: Casual clothes. Wears a lot of red.
       Accessories: Rapier
       Other:

Personality
       General: She can be quite ditzy, and generally doesn?t pay much attention to other people. Quite lazy. She appears to become more serious when fighting, but this is merely due to concentration.
       Likes: Cake, sweets and weird stuff. Not necessarily at the same time.
       Dislikes: Mushrooms.

History/Background:
       Regarded as a weirdo, even as a child, Claire takes delight in the unusual and strange. When she left school, she immediately set out on a worldwide quest to find unusual things. This has led her to following many conspirasy theories and urban legends, but aside from some insight into human nature, her efforts have so far proved fruitless. She likes to search for mythological creatures, and has come to Japan to see whether she can find any Youkai. She's not really any more hopeful than she was on any of her previous expeditions though.

Fighting Style: She has long been an SCA style fencer, and carries her rapier with her wherever she goes ?to defend herself?. God knows how she manages to get it through customs on her travels.
    Goals/Objectives/Ambitions:
       She tends to take life as it comes, her only ambition is to find new and unusual things.
    Theme Song: (optional)

Fun Facts:
       One day, while trying something unnecessarily fancy with her sword, she managed to nearly lop her own ear off. Since then she has started to take fighting more seriously.

Additional Information/Background/History

Relationships
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:35:26 AM by Desu_Cake »

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
    • Lurk~ Lurk~
    Name: Kristian Johansson

Visual Description
       Height
    : 182 cm
       Hair color/style: Dark brown, sometimes fading into black streaks. The bangs are cut just above his eyebrows and gets progressively longer towards the back of his neck, stopping just short of covering it.
       Eye color: Green, with the left being half brown, split diagonally across the iris.
       Clothing: His clothing is generally decided by the weather but one constant is that he'll wear a t-shirt with some sort of simple design on it, varying from chess pieces to zodiac signs to animal motifs. He will also wear a small hat if the weather allows it.
       Accessories: He tends to carry some small object in his hand, usually game related such as a dice or a player piece from a board game but it might just as frequently be his media player, his gloves or a small ball.

Personality
       General
    : He is not the most social of people, mostly because he can never bring himself to formulate his sentences in the way that he plans them out in his thoughts. He can have an entire conversation set up in his mind before initiating conversation but as soon as the one he is talking to speaks up it usually crumbles into awkward silence and half-hearted responses. Losing his trust would require several missteps but when lost regaining it will be considerably harder than gaining it in the first place. He likes cracking jokes with some degree of absurdity when around people he knows.
       Likes: Science, Slacking off, playing games and getting in debates when the mood strikes him.
       Dislikes: Rudeness, especially when directed towards people that are close to him it is one of the few things that can overcome his speaking problems and send him into full blown rants. Hates deadlines.

History/Background: Kristian does not have a very remarkable past. Growing up he was a bit of a loner but not to the extent of being a secluded child. He has gone through a few changes of school before ending up in the high school that he is in now. Despite his tendency of slacking off on his assignments he managed to get above average grades by the end of the equivalent of middle school.

At this point in his life he's mostly taking it easy, attending school and pursuing his various gaming related interests.

Fighting Style: He lacks any real combat skills apart from a rudimantary knowledge of aikido that he gained from about a year of training. He also knows how to properly handle a bow and can hit large targets reasonably well but he lacks the strength to use a bow that would give him any great deal of effective range.

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions: Avoiding trouble and securing a somewhat decent lifestyle in the future.

Theme Song(s).
    Excited: "One-Eyed Maestro" by Kevin Macleod
    Calm: "Are You Coming Home, Love MOM" by Kyle Gabbler
    Forced combat: "The Amighty" by Shoji Meguro

Fun Facts: He's a lot more cerebral person rather than physical yet he doesn't like having to spend too much time thinking about what he's going to do. He enjoys games of skill or strategy but is notoriously bad at them.

Additional Information/Background/History

Relationships

((There, the backstory just wouldn't come out for a while but I got my ass in gear and it still ended up really tame.))

I got ninja'd again.

Picture:
    [attach=1]

Name: Danao Madarang

Visual Description
    Height: 5? 7?
    Hair color/style: Black, messy and a bit bushy. They are short, as in not-reaching-the-shoulders short.
    Eye color: Brown
    Clothing: He always wears a casual attire, whether at home or outside, unless he has to go to a formal occasion. Most frequent is the standard t-shirt and denim jeans combination.
    Accessories: A messenger bag, which contains the following:
    -   A notebook
    -   A pen
    -   Some scratch paper
    -   A spool of black thread
    -   Shears
    -   Sewing needles
    -   Black cloth
    -   White cloth (Both cloths are enough to make a giant blanket)
    -   Money
    -   A cellphone
    Other: He prefers to wear sandals when going out. If he really has to wear shoes, he wears rubber shoes. He is a bit fat, getting a bit close to borderline overweight.

Personality (see background for further explanations)
    General: He looks forward to work, because it means that there might possibly be an anime convention or festive occasion somewhere in Japan (read background), which he might be able to visit. Besides being driven by occasions, whatever interests him, he does a little research on, gauges if he could apply it, and acts accordingly. He would rather not get into trouble if it will cost him more than the outcome. The respect he gives is rather generic, for the lack of a better term.
    Likes: Going out on vacation (He thinks his work is all about this), anime conventions, especially cosplay conventions; cultural events, cheese popcorn, hot miso soup (cold will never do), and the color gray
    Dislikes: Places with extreme temperatures, tight clothes, short-lived anything, other people?s ranting (?Just get on with your life.?), and people who stutter

History/Background:
       Danao has had a fairly ordinary childhood. Born in the Ilocos region of the Philippines, he had to work and study at the same time for pocket money and, later, bus fares to go south and back. He is a tailor, but he has taken up a visual arts college course to complement it. From his rented studio-type office, he makes all sorts of clothes, but cosplay has taken most of his interests. The commissions these cosplayers had given him were a challenge, but they were nevertheless fulfilling and satisfying to complete.

After four years of saving up money, he made a decisive move to Japan, not only for more work, but also to study more on fashion and the visual arts. Of course, he had forgotten entirely that he was in an entirely different land, with a different set of customs and a different language. It took him another month to learn from fellow Filipinos there and adjust to a sometimes mind-bogglingly hectic schedule. He lost quite a few pounds in the process.

His freelance business in Japan started slow. From dozens and dozens of fliers, only a handful would look for him in months. It barely kept him from touching his reserve, so he devoted the leftovers to it, just in case something really bad happened. Much like the small studio he had in the Philippines, his condominium unit was slowly filled with clutter and design schematics pinned to walls. Cloth was either at an excess or barely there.

When he is not busy working on commissions, he could be sitting at some caf?, observing and drawing some random people who pass by; at an anime convention, or watching anime.

Fighting Style: He doesn?t fight. He may squirm his way out of the violent situation, flat out run, hang back, or try to negotiate. In the most extreme cases, he will manipulate others to fight for him. (Which is why it was a bad but interesting idea to have Lyrica as a partner.)

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions: To become popular. This will give him more work to do, which he has been craving for ever since he started tailoring. Money is also an issue, which is why he has made it a goal to start catering to clients other than cosplayers.

Theme Song: Too lazy to pick one

Fun Facts: While he makes costumes, he has never made one for himself, nor has he ever tested any of his commissions on himself. (Think ?the tailor who barely has a wardrobe to choose from.?)

Additional Information/Background/History: n/a

Relationships: n/a
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:51:24 PM by Midnight Crow »

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."