Author Topic: Neo Waking up From the Dream Registration/Discussion Thread Mark 2 - Reg Closed  (Read 75726 times)

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
I was just being in character :V

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Grimarg

• B-but you haven't promoted me yet!
  • Thanks Aoshi for the avvy! :3
I love how Koishi decided to intervene in mine because she was bored <3

Kakyoin

• The truth is all that matters.
  • Nothing more, nothing less.
Because I am awesome, the Neo WUFTD timeline is now up-to-date as of all story thread posts made before 4/21/2012. This should make it much easier to plan out logical posts with as few time continuity errors as possible, as well as catch up if you have not been posting for a while.

Former GM of the Neo Waking Up From The Dream Forum RP.

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

Grimarg

Question: I was checking the profile i posted here and I noticed that something was missing, a little piece of information that I didn't pasted in here. Would it be too late to add it now?

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
[Emergency Post]

This is my only shot at posting with a borrowed USB Internet, listen up: Once again I'm in Mactan, Cebu. Dunno for how long, maybe two-three weeks? Even a month? Ugh....I think this is becoming a family tradition....until my father gets reassigned again to somewhere, perhaps nearer to my house. No, I will not quit, I will still stay by your side.

Also, Sonae...darn I forgot my joke.

huhwha...?
/confused
Schoolwork overload sucks.

Grimarg

Updated profile with things I forgot to include! :toot:

Name: Andreas Jaeger
Nickname: Andy
Nationality: German

Visual Description
   Height: Tall, around 185 cm but his slender figure makes him look taller.
   Hair color/style: Straight, shoulder-length black hair with white highlights.
   Eye color: Light blue, so pale that they almost look grey.
   Clothing: He rarely wears anything but a suit. Black pants and blazer, with a red shirt and a black tie.
   Accessories: A single earring on his left ear, with a silver cross hanging from it.
   Other: He?s often seen smoking and always carries a pack of cigarettes in the inner pockets of his blazer. He also carries a cell phone and some cash. He also has a semi-permanent stubble on his face.

Personality
   General: Andy is a very quiet person who prefers to listen to others before talking about himself. He, however, often takes part in several discussions about the most diverse matters.
Some people would consider him ?cold?, because his face almost never show his emotions, but the ones that are close to him can read the subtle changes that are imperceptible to others. He is always thinking, but nobody is certain of what is going on in his mind. He is very protective of the people he cares about, and if someone he cares for is hurt in any way he will be true to his name and find the one that hurt them and make him/her suffer the consequences, though he won?t harm them physically if it?s not strictly necessary. He prefers to talk his way out of difficult situations. The times that he had to resort to physical violence can be counted with one hand, which led to his partners to think that he possess some kind of supernatural ability.
   Likes: He likes to lay down and relax reading a good book, though he also enjoys a good boxing match. He greatly enjoys food and a good drink, and is passionate about music in general. He likes to exercise his body along with his mind, so he trains every day to keep him in good shape.
  Dislikes: He dislikes people who shamelessly flaunt themselves. He also dislikes rude people and often ignores them until they start to show some politeness. As stated before he dislikes the use of violence if there?s a more efficient way of taking care of the situation.

History/Background: Andy was born within a wealthy family. He spent his childhood in a large house outside the city where he was raised by his uncle. His father wasn?t present at his home. Andy?s family owned a big company and even though his uncle was older, and the heir of the company, he gave all his rights to his younger brother (Andy?s father), saying that he will be better managing the company than him. He was more than capable of running it. The truth is that he didn?t want to have the pressure of being the manager of a company that big.
Andy never met his mother, she died after giving birth to him and every pictures of her, and all her stuff were removed from their house. His uncle told Andy that it was because his father was too upset about his mother?s death.
Erik, his uncle was an intelligent and educated man, and he taught Andy since a small age. He taught him that the mind is the most powerful tool a man has, and that it needs to be trained constantly like the body.
His father, on the other hand was the kind of man that thinks that anything can be done by brute force, the opposite of his older brother, and doesn?t seem to care about his son.
Andy despised him, he was all that he hated, but he tried to tolerate him to the limits of human capability.
When he turned 16 he couldn?t stand his father?s attitude anymore, and ran away from home. The only one that knew where he went was his uncle, who gave him funds until he reached the age of majority and he found a job. His father didn?t care that h left and didn?t even tried to find him. Andy was fine with that.
At the age of 18 he partnered with other four men and formed a group dedicated to solve people?s problems by staging simulations aimed at whoever is giving their client a problem.
A few months after he turned 20 he received an invitation to a event to be held in Japan. After a long struggle with his partners they dissolved the association and he parted for Japan.

Fighting Style: Though he does not enjoy solving problems violently he is a proficient boxer, and if he has to fight he trusts his fists more than any weapon.

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions: He is not very ambitious, if he has a roof and a book to read he is happy. He hopes to find someone interesting for him to talk to and learn new things.

Theme song: Cit? Tango - Astor Piazzolla.

Relationships:

Erik Jaeger: Andy?s uncle. He has been more of a father for Andy than his real father. He was the one that took care of him since he was a child. He always gives Andy good advices and cares for him more than anything else.
He was Andy?s mentor and the boy learned a lot from him. He is wise and wishes the best for his nephew.

Die Betr?ger: Andy?s team. Their philosophy is that ?Sometimes what?s legal it?s not fair, and what?s fair is not legal. We are there to change that, even if it is just a bit.? Their motivation is not altruistic, they don?t want to change the world but to give people a service; they often charge their client twice the cost of the operative, for the logistic and the workmanship. It was composed of:

Andreas Jaeger (Logistics and planning): The head of the team, responsible for planning, logistics and contacting the clients. He is the most refined member, drinking exclusively earl grey tea. After each successful operation he smokes a cigar, often lit by the person that was fooled.
Paul Adler (Technology and transportation): The member in charge of finding the materials and elements needed for the simulations: props, costumes, vehicles, anything.
Emil Faber (Characterization): The team's leading "actor", who does most of the characterizations required for the simulation (even though the other members also play acting roles).
Gabriel Friedmann (Research): The team's investigator, in charge of obtaining information about the team's clients, the intended targets of the simulation and the elements of the problem the team must solve. He is ambiguous, in the sense that he appears to be very tough during the simulations but in numerous occasions he displays himself as the most sensitive.

{Sophie}: Andy?s girlfriend. She died in a car accident when he was 16. Presumably the reason why he left his home. She had fair skin, silver-blonde hair and purple eyes. He gave Andy his most precious treasure, a first edition of A Study in Scarlet, which he takes with him everywhere.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Surprised we're seeing people post at 21:59 PM Day 3 already. Me and Kuribohlv9 still need to get our 1 PM lunch meeting done!

I feel so behind  :V

Reisen-tanith

• White Wolf of the West
  • Must not use military vehicles to ?Squish? things.
Wow I haven't been on in a while, School and scouting take its toll. I'm intrested In joining in this Rp after a drought of any decent (or lasting more than a month) ones.
Mind if I join in? *I'll start Chara sheet later.*
Just checking would an ex Air Force pilot be acceptable?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:22:27 PM by Reisen-tanith »
There are 2 items I believe can solve any problem
1. The Doctor's sonic screw driver
2. Marisa's 8 trigrams reactor

Kakyoin

Wow I haven't been on in a while, School and scouting take its toll. I'm intrested In joining in this Rp after a drought of any decent (or lasting more than a month) ones.
Mind if I join in? *I'll start Chara sheet later.*
Just checking would an ex Air Force pilot be acceptable?

This is fine, please refer to these posts to get a feel for how this RP works and what needs to be completed to sign up for it:

*General information (contains tons of links to various informative posts elsewhere in this thread)
*How mana and mana links work (for Ken's, Amarillo's and several other teams, this is already in effect. However, for newcomers this will come into play as soon as they acquire their Touhou/OC partners)

(Yes there is a lot of information in this thread, but please be patient and read the posts carefully so we don't have to spend a ton of time saying the same thing over and over. Any further questions, please contact us.)

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

Reisen-tanith

• White Wolf of the West
Roger.
Character name: Charles "Chuck" Harker
Character gender: Male
Partner Wish List:
Priority 1: Mystia
Priority 2: Reisen Udogein Inaba
3rd Choice:Hatate
4th Choice: Kogasa
5th Choice: Medicine
Would like 2 partners
(I'll post Character sheet in another post if this works out)

Kakyoin

Roger.
Character name: Charles "Chuck" Harker
Character gender: Male
Partner Wish List:
Priority 1: Mystia
Priority 2: Reisen Udogein Inaba
3rd Choice:Hatate
4th Choice: Kogasa
5th Choice: Medicine
Would like 2 partners
(I'll post Character sheet in another post if this works out)

This looks fine to me, however there are two questions I have for you before you decide on this team:

1) How many Touhou partners do you actually want? 1-2, or more? The signups were initially supposed to have a 5-partner limit only for the sake of keeping partner conflicts down (establishing "priority" on partner choices to settle conflicts). Depending on your answer, the next question may or may not require your desired team to change.

2) Do you actually want Medicine on your team, or is she there just as backup? Mystia, Reisen and Kogasa are currently available, so they are fine, but Medicine is currently set to join my OC's team as a permanent member later on in the story (right now, Ken's team consists of himself, his best friend Mayli, Mokou, Kaguya, Yuyuko and Hatate, but because of several problems, Yuyuko, Kaguya and Hatate will need to be released from his team and instead Sanae, Kasen and Medicine will take their place). However, I am willing to change my team up a bit and give her to you, just let me know. Medicine doesn't really have a good reason to join my team anyway, so it'd be interesting for me to switch up. Hatate is available for the reason just given, as she will leave my OC's team before your OC acquires his team.

Edit: Derp, I can't read. No problems whatsoever. Carry on.  :flowerpower:

Reisen-tanith

• White Wolf of the West
Here's My Chara sheet
Name: Charles ?Chuck? Harker

Visual Description
   Height:6ft
   Hair color/style: short brown hair, covered with a hat
   Eye color: Brown
   Clothing: has a standard Issue Air force Dress Uniform. Usually wears Green ?forest? pattern cargo pants and the Grey Air force Tee shirt worn under a black jacket
   Accessories: Green BSA Hat, Flight pin (on jacket)
   Other: Survival Knife, Watch and Wallet

Personality
   General: A flyboy in most respects. Tends to drop flight jargon in conversation. Has a laid back attitude but can snap to attention at a moments notice.
   Likes: Japanese history, and culture, Games, Flying, Teaching
   Dislikes: Losing friends, Money trouble

History/Background: As a kid chuck had been fascinated in flying. Immediately after high school He signed up for to join the US air force and got went to the top gun academy right after basic to further hone his flying skills. His assigned post was part of the mutual defense pact in Japan where he acted as Flight lead. During his post in Japan, he found interest in Japanese culture and ancient history, studying it in his spare time. In the later years of his post he acted as a Flight instructor where he found he had as much of a knack for teaching as flying. He served a quite career before returning stateside after his tour of duty. When he arrived back home he began to study to be a teacher, acting as a student teacher until he can get his teaching license.

Fighting Style: has basic training in hand to hand combat, as well as combat knives. Also Due to his Career as a fighter Pilot he has knowledge in areal maneuvers and evasion, though as his career is over in the force, its only use so far has been in flight games.

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions:
1.   Learn about old Japan
2.   Attend convention
3.   Work on teaching licence
4.             Investigate the militants (what happened to the local law enforcement?)   
Theme Song: ?Shall Defend?

Fun Facts: Call sign: Eagle 1, Ace type: Soldier

Additional Information/Background/History

Relationships: Has a few people in the Air force he can call a favor from, but nothing serious. (Basically he can get Intel, that's it)

Kakyoin

Character Profile Evaluation
Reisen-tanith (Character: Charles "Chuck" Harker)
Approved. I get the feeling we will be seeing some interesting things from this guy, he's got quite a lot of experience for his age like my OC, Ken. Just remember to give your partners their fair share of the spotlight when Chuck acquires them. Over!

Reisen-tanith

• White Wolf of the West
Right, just tell me when and where to post. (it sounds like the season 2 game has started by the looks of the time line, or is that my imagination.)

Kakyoin

Right, just tell me when and where to post. (it sounds like the season 2 game has started by the looks of the time line, or is that my imagination.)
Not your imagination, Season 2 (Neo WUFTD) is well underway. (Hint: That thread is where to post. You can post any time, but remember that your character needs to be introduced to the story first and foremost, so that is what your first post will be about--arriving or describing your character's first presence both in the story and in Kamisuiwa, Japan. Most newcomer first posts have taken place in a hotel room in some hotel in Kamisuiwa, but this is up to you--you can post in any location in Kamisuiwa as long as your character thinks about/analyzes their current situation and eventually sees the website change post-1:15pm on Day 2 and visits Tourist Helpers later that day, all of which can be done over a single or multiple posts. Read the last few pages of the Story thread to get an idea as to how other Season 2 newcomers have written their first posts.)

Just going to drop off an announcement here; I'll be away for five days starting tomorrow, so please don't expect anything from me. At least nothing too serious, if we get another update from Nemo.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Kakyoin

Just going to drop off an announcement here; I'll be away for five days starting tomorrow, so please don't expect anything from me. At least nothing too serious, if we get another update from Nemo.
Thanks for the notification. I'll be kicking Nemo over the next few days to try to keep this ball rolling, so we'll see how things go.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
Right, I thought I'd drop the fact that I'm swamped with schoolwork atm here.

If anyone is writing stuff with the characters standing around outside the shop then feel free to make Kristian seems as nervous or antsy as you like. Also if there's just a long time of standing around he might just decide to head in first if that's any use.
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

Kakyoin

Right now, the important thing is to get everyone to 10pm on Day 3. If we can get everyone to that point, the plot can move on and the RP will get more serious (especially since partners will be assigned shortly after that time). This is the hope we have. I know everyone wants to keep going, and we're doing what we can to make that happen but it does depend greatly on everyone's participation. Since everyone participates at different speeds, that can be tough.

Kakyoin

After giving this some thought, I have decided to not use Medicine in Neo WUFTD. I've had to do an incredible amount of "manipulation" just to make her reasonably usable in the RP (which included making her organic for the sake of potentially exploring the entirety of Medicine, as a non-living animated doll-gone-youkai would not allow for very much to explore). As tempting as it is to go with this interesting poisonous creature, I'm going to drop her from my final team. She already had to be modified in-story so that her poison would not cause great harm to those around her, and I'd rather not be stuck with a mostly-unfeeling shell of a youkai.

Instead, I'll also be trading in Kasen Ibara (don't worry, plot will strike) and will now pick up Yuyuko Saigyouji, as well as her half-ghost sword specialist and gardener Youmu Konpaku, as permanent partners.

EDIT: Additionally, it has been decided that I will acquire Eirin Yagokoro instead of Sanae Kochiya.

Final team: Ken, Mayli, Mokou, Eirin, Yuyuko, Youmu
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:20:33 AM by Kakyoin »

Grimarg

Hey, just passing by to drop a picture of Andy I made for visual references.

Totally not just Kiritsugu with a different haircut.

Kakyoin

Hey, just passing by to drop a picture of Andy I made for visual references.

Totally not just Kiritsugu with a different haircut.
Oh hey, that picture! It's totally fitting. gj! :D

I added a post to the story thread that explains a bit of what's going on in the virtual Gensokyo, and brings a few Touhou characters into the spotlight: some for the first time in Season 2 (Yuuka for sure, Youmu most likely) and others who have been involved before the escape into reality. I tried to include as many Touhou characters that will become partners as possible for the sake of inclusion, without gathering too many people (if I did, Suika is to blame). Enjoy!

As for the speed of this RP, I hope those who have reached 10pm on Day 3 aren't too bored yet, we're trying to move forward with reasonable speed. Everyone posts at different times and some of us have obligations, so hang in there please!

Kakyoin

Participants,

I will be busy the rest of this week with schoolwork and packing, and will not be available until the beginning of next week. I'd prefer to not be contacted as I need to focus, but leaving a PM or message for me is fine if anyone has questions.

Kakyoin

Fortunately I have worked hard and am comfortable enough to resume communication earlier than expected. However, I realize that we have a dilemma. I will send a copy of this message to everyone's PM inbox for further emphasis and to make sure everyone receives/reads this, as it is very important.

Nemo Ma has been and will be occupied for a while, so I am going to do what I can to keep the ball rolling. Now then...several points first.

i. We (well, I) want to advance the plot of Neo WUFTD soon (as in, by the end of this month at the latest) so that the newcomers' characters are able to meet up with at least Ken's and Amarillo's teams in Tourist Helpers, learn about the mana system and shortly afterwards acquire their partners, as well as have them unite with the current teams. This is the short-term goal.

ii. There are several participants that are currently unable to post until the plot advances past 10pm on Day 3, because they have gotten as far as they can go. It makes sense that those who have reached the end of this segment of the story be given the opportunity to post again soon, and not leave them waiting for others to finally reach that point in the story.

iii. There are several participants that are "idle" or have not posted much if anything at all lately or even within the past few months. This may be due to writer's block, lack of time for posting, or what have you. Furthermore, there are also others that have posted recently enough but are still quite far behind chronologically, and it would take them at least 1-2 time-stretched posts to catch up with those mentioned in the previous point.

iv. There are several participants that are in-between the two previous points, who are within 1, maybe 2 posts of catching up completely but are not too far behind chronologically.

Given these distributions and the goal, we (well, I) want to make a decision to advance the plot but not leave everyone too far behind. The following conditions must be met:

1. Leave no participants even further behind chronologically without option(s).
2. Expose all participants to new plot material and posting scenarios/opportunities.
3. Still allow for everyone who is behind to stay in the story.

Given these conditions, here's what I'm going to do:

1. Everyone who is at the point in the story where they are waiting for something to happen at 10pm on Day 3, you will get access to new plot by the end of the month at the latest. It will happen as soon as Nemo Ma and I can get our teams to that point via a series of posts (which we can hopefully do ASAP). If this transition takes too long, I will introduce a small, short scenario roughly halfway between now and the end of this month that will happen outside of Tourist Helpers where everyone has gathered.

2. Everyone who is behind chronologically (meaning you have not posted on Day 2 Evening or Day 3 Morning yet) will have two options depending on which set of participants they belong to:
     a. Those who already have their partners and are in the RAI base currently, if they do not catch up by the time the plot gets advanced they will have assumed to have stayed at the RAI base and will be reunited with the others after the new participants follow Amarillo's and Ken's teams back to the RAI base. If these teams do not define what their team has done (i.e. made a post describing what their team is going to do) then a reason will be invented for them. These teams, if left inactive, will very likely be either left behind in the virtual world or dragged along in-story but not mentioned (I'd rather not do this as it creates more of a chronological gap for them, but we will do what we can to preserve teams that are controlled by idle participants).
     b. Those who do not have their partners yet and are in Kamisuiwa (or have yet to post at all), if they do not catch up by the time the plot gets advanced they will have assumed to have done nothing significant and will eventually be assumed to have gone to Tourist Helpers at 10pm on Day 3, but will go unmentioned until they post again. However, in the event that they do not post at all by the time Ken's team, Amarillo's team and the newcomers reach the RAI base to acquire their partners, these characters are at risk of being written out of the story.

3. Everyone else should be within easy catchup range of 10pm on Day 3, and a post (or two if feeling adventurous) should be enough.

I hope this helps keep the ball rolling, but doesn't leave anyone behind if at all possible. Kakyoin, out!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Two posts and I'm ready. Feel free to strike up conversation, although I won't be expecting any.

Posting for teh hell of it.
This topic was dying and I didn't like it.

MORE DISCUSSION!

Kakyoin

This brings up a good point. I'm going to create another Discussion Thread and link to it here. I need to reorganize everything into a single post anyway, and plus Pesco would get angry if it the old one was necro'd too much.

Please do not post any more in this thread, instead post in/check the new one.

New thread here
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:01:48 AM by Kakyoin »