Author Topic: Touhou Hall of Records  (Read 213796 times)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Touhou Hall of Records
« on: November 03, 2012, 02:09:04 AM »
This has now been converted to a spreadsheet!
You can view the spreadsheet here.

Shimatora's original post as of 2016-11-15 was archived here, just in case anyone finds the format useful elsewhere. [- Karisa]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:07:59 PM by Karisa »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Zil

Re: Touhou Hall of Records
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 06:40:48 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe mikeKOSA and ffff are the same person.

Anyway, I think this is a pretty cool thing. Kinda weird seeing myself up there just for that Fairy Wars stage. :>

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 08:28:44 AM »
the idea is pretty cool, but I think there's a big flaw with the current style. that is, the shottypes are mixed. it'd quadriple the work if it was sorted by shottypes, but it makes sense (to me) if they were to be seperated. it's, for example, easier to score with ReimuB in PCB than it is with marisaA, for instance. (I know there isn't any marisa on the scoreboard, but just giving examples here :v)
so yeah, would make the list longer and seperate them. unless you had a reason not to do so.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »
I like it, can we use this thread to jizz over new WR superplays too?
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe mikeKOSA and ffff are the same person.

Anyway, I think this is a pretty cool thing. Kinda weird seeing myself up there just for that Fairy Wars stage. :>

Oh, really? Can anyone else clarify this before I change it?
And congrats for being the MotK record holder for Ex.  :]

the idea is pretty cool, but I think there's a big flaw with the current style. that is, the shottypes are mixed. it'd quadriple the work if it was sorted by shottypes, but it makes sense (to me) if they were to be seperated. it's, for example, easier to score with ReimuB in PCB than it is with marisaA, for instance. (I know there isn't any marisa on the scoreboard, but just giving examples here :v)
so yeah, would make the list longer and seperate them. unless you had a reason not to do so.

That is something I don't feel comfortable with keeping up to date right now. This is going to be quite difficult to keep up to date as it is, let alone increasing the thread size for each shot type. For now, I'll just be listing the highest overall score for the difficulty regardless of shot type.

I like it, can we use this thread to jizz over new WR superplays too?

Of course!

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 11:42:29 AM »
ffff = Aizo = MikeKOSA

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 12:23:28 PM »
This is a good idea. I'm temped to challenge some of these records just 'cause of that last list. Competitiveness ho.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 01:20:50 PM »
If it's too much work for one person, we can have multiple people keep track of all the shot types, however they want to split it. We'd need a mod to help us out with that, though.

As for corrections, I know Nyaaa~ has broken 2 billion in TD Lunatic before. This is the highest one of his I can find. One problem is that sometimes scores submitted to the tournament threads aren't always submitted into the high score threads afterward, so for those on MotK we might need to do a little digging to find their best scores.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »
ffff = Aizo = MikeKOSA

Thanks Seppo, I'll correct this now.

This is a good idea. I'm temped to challenge some of these records just 'cause of that last list. Competitiveness ho.

That's part of the fun!

If it's too much work for one person, we can have multiple people keep track of all the shot types, however they want to split it. We'd need a mod to help us out with that, though.

As for corrections, I know Nyaaa~ has broken 2 billion in TD Lunatic before. This is the highest one of his I can find. One problem is that sometimes scores submitted to the tournament threads aren't always submitted into the high score threads afterward, so for those on MotK we might need to do a little digging to find their best scores.

I would also find it interesting to do it per shot type, I just don't think I could keep it as up to date as I'd like it to be. I'll poke around and see who would be willing to help keep it up to date. Once I've got something organised, I'll reformat it accordingly. In fact, I could do it on my own, I may just need people to submit their MotK record breaking scores to this thread as well as the corresponding high score thread - but this is only if I can't keep them all up to date. My main worry is that the Touhou Wiki high score page is already gigantic, seeing how many characters there are for IN, for instance.

I'll see what I can do.

Also, MotK's TD Lunatic has been updated.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:40:53 PM by Shimatora »

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »
MotK: Nereid ? 2,303,936,920 ? Sakuya & Remilia

-Marisa-
1.  Random - 2,385,400,670

D:

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 08:15:57 PM »
D:

Oops, my bad! I'll change that right away.

EDIT: Okay, my idea for now is that I'll leave the main post as-is and have links to other posts in the threads for character + shot type specific scores. Yay or nay? Should I just throw it all into post one and try to make navigation a bit easier at risk of it being a sight for sore eyes? This is for the community, so whatever helps the community more to reference scores and such I'll be doing. So let me know!

EDITEDIT: Another idea is to make an external page, like a wordpress, to keep track of literally everything. This would be much cleaner and easier to look at in my opinion, and by far easier to browse.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:29:28 PM by Shimatora »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 08:46:55 PM »
yay for external site :v easy to look at is a good thing. and if it's complete, then all the more

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »
More on people who are actually the same, for IN records Toki = YASU if that matters.

Zil

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 03:54:04 AM »
Oops, my bad! I'll change that right away.
It seems you fixed the score and shot, but left Nereid's name there. It should be Random.

I'll also support the idea of an external page for "literally everything." Just way too many shot types to do it here, I think.

On the other hand, that's pretty much what the wiki already has going. I dunno if it would be better to do MotK + World for the sake of comparing scores, or if maybe you just want to do MotK scores. I think I might be leaning toward the latter, myself, if only because, again, the wiki has a page for world records anyway.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:10:54 AM by Zil »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 04:23:02 AM »
Would there be tables for TAS runs? I'd certainly be interested to see that stuff.  ;)
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 08:03:27 AM »
It seems you fixed the score and shot, but left Nereid's name there. It should be Random.

I'll also support the idea of an external page for "literally everything." Just way too many shot types to do it here, I think.

On the other hand, that's pretty much what the wiki already has going. I dunno if it would be better to do MotK + World for the sake of comparing scores, or if maybe you just want to do MotK scores. I think I might be leaning toward the latter, myself, if only because, again, the wiki has a page for world records anyway.

*facepalm* Woops.

I like the fact that I can view the MotK records vs the world records right next to each other, so I think I'll be keeping that as is. I'll just make it easier to look at than the current "table", that's all.

Would there be tables for TAS runs? I'd certainly be interested to see that stuff.  ;)

Probably not.

Zil

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »
*facepalm* Woops.
Almost there! Now I think Random ought to be added to this part:
Top Record Holders (MotK):

Heartbeam - 20
.ASP - 6
mikeKOSA - 4
Nereid - 3
RLRBS, GRB, T, Nyaaa~, Zil, BaitySM, Naut, ycw - 1
And maybe Nereid goes down to 2.

;)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »
Almost there! Now I think Random ought to be added to this part:And maybe Nereid goes down to 2.

;)

All done!
Got a bit preoccupied and forgot about that.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 10:47:10 AM »

I have compiled some records myself which between them make up the majority of serious tool-assisted scoreruns (all records except EoSD Extra are the only runs in their category). There really aren't that many in existence.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »
I think shot types would be impractical.

Also, I think there are too many line breaks currently. Do you think something like this would be easier to read?

Imperishable Night [MotK] [TouhouWiki]

Easy:      World: st ? 3,291,111,340 ? Youmu (solo)
               MotK: GRB ? 2,940,857,860 ? Youmu (solo)

Normal: World: st ? 4,412,460,930 ? Youmu (solo)
               MotK: Heartbeam ? 3,271,900,810 ? Youmu (solo)

Hard:     World: YASU ? 5,113,508,380 ? Youmu (solo)
               MotK: ffff (mikeKOSA) ? 4,147,152,660 ? Youmu (solo)

Lunatic: World: Toki ? 6,452,973,230 ? Youmu (solo)
               MotK: .ASP ? 5,465,554,730 ? Reimu & Yukari

Extra:    World: ASL ? 3,104,449,400 ? Youmu (solo)
               MotK: Random ? 2,385,400,670 ? Marisa (solo)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:12:30 AM by Karisa »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 05:05:33 PM »
I think shot types would be impractical.

Also, I think there are too many line breaks currently. Do you think something like this would be easier to read?

I'll give it a go!

EDIT: I can't seem to get it as good looking as yours, did you just use spaces to line it up or something else? I've removed some lines for now.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:09:34 PM by Shimatora »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 05:20:18 PM »
I have compiled some records myself which between them make up the majority of serious tool-assisted scoreruns (all records except EoSD Extra are the only runs in their category). There really aren't that many in existence.
Wow, that is pretty neat. I do also happen to have the EoSD, PCB, and UFO TAS runs on my YouTube channel. :toot:
My Touhou Replays

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »
Slowly making an all shot types sheet. Formatting comes later, just getting it up for now.

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »

I'm also interested in TAS WR's. I think i have seen EoSD extra, PCB(didn't it have a replay?) and UFO lunatic WR's from that list.
Maybe you could make your compilation into something that everybody could contribute to. And maybe the world record page in the wiki should link to TASWR page.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 10:11:13 PM »
Individual shot-types blog all finished. Nothing pretty just yet, but atleast the hard part's out of the way.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 02:38:09 AM »
I'll give it a go!

EDIT: I can't seem to get it as good looking as yours, did you just use spaces to line it up or something else? I've removed some lines for now.
Spaces. I'll remove the quote tags so you can quote it and see for yourself.

Wow, that is pretty neat. I do also happen to have the EoSD, PCB, and UFO TAS runs on my YouTube channel. :toot:
The Nicovideo version of that EoSD TAS keeps counting beyond 999,999,990 though. Does anyone know how to disable the counterstop?

ark

• みょん
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 04:09:39 AM »
Cool thread, let me know if I can do anything to help out. :V

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 05:58:25 AM »
I'm also interested in TAS WR's. I think i have seen EoSD extra, PCB(didn't it have a replay?) and UFO lunatic WR's from that list.
Maybe you could make your compilation into something that everybody could contribute to. And maybe the world record page in the wiki should link to TASWR page.
Here are the TAS replays I have.

EoSD Lunatic: http://www.mediafire.com/?ubzp9n9tbdntx1c

PCB Lunatic: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22998

UFO Lunatic: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16843

In case you were looking for them.
My Touhou Replays

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 08:05:41 AM »
The Nicovideo version of that EoSD TAS keeps counting beyond 999,999,990 though. Does anyone know how to disable the counterstop?
Cheats, basically. The code (first part is address, second part is value):
0041B8B0-FFFFFF7F
0041B8BC-FFFFFF7F

I'd prefer if people used the original links for the TAS score replays:
EoSD Lunatic: http://ism.harisen.jp/file/touhou/touhou.html
EoSD Extra: http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/Ne/so/132444.zip&key=8億4606万1440
PCB Lunatic: http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/Sc/so/366762.zip&key=7622846880

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »
みぞる improves his FW Extra score by 200k, pushing it up to 100,245,670 from 100,029,110!