Author Topic: Touhou Hall of Records  (Read 213797 times)

Re: Touhou Hall of Records
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »
I also hoped for at least one suicide during the last stage. He also didn't take advantage of one free suicide before getting the 40mil life extend, which in that case was wasted.

One time i finished extra stage 1 shiki vs cirno with 11 or 12m score. Cirno didn't die for several seconds when the timer was up allowing for a nice score bonus that time. I don't remember what exactly caused it, perhaps there weren't any bullets on screen for cirno to suicide into or maybe it was a bug...

Reisen's bug:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9080.msg615988.html#msg615988

Eiki timers per round: 120s, 50s, 45s, 28s, [...].
My own testing regarding timers:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9080.msg613804.html#msg613804
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9080.msg613744.html#msg613744

Zil

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 03:28:41 AM »
Cirno tends to survive for a few extra seconds after the timer runs out. It's likely because of her freezing effect. As far as I'm aware, they don't just suicide willingly. They still have to get hit, it's just that they are no longer invincible and tend to ignore the bullets altogether.

Also, if 500m was mentioned on that page, it's possible he was referring to Lunatic mode, not Extra.

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2012, 01:29:14 PM »
Omg new ReimuA Normal WR and MarisaA Hard WR in SA. The ReimuA even captures blazing wheel!!!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2012, 02:35:59 AM »
Since this seems to have become the new "Touhou Score Thread", I might as well say that I've figured out the EoSD spellcard bonus formula (not that those bonuses are particularly relevant to EoSD scoring, but it's still potentially useful to know). It's now on the wiki's gameplay page. I'd had the theory for a while, based on how Scarlet Gensokyo and QED give huge bonuses for capturing while other spells' bonuses are mostly consistent within any given stage, but didn't get around to testing it until now.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2012, 07:19:35 PM »
eclipse has finally beaten NSHN's old Lunatic score! 3,630,276,640 with Youmu on Lunatic, increasing the Lunatic record by 46.5m.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2012, 05:36:37 AM »
I see a mistake in the SoEW Normal score in the first post. 17,327,840 is actually Zil's Easy score; the Normal score should be 17,050,910 (see here).

Also, some MotK records for PC-98 games could use an update:
- LLS Easy (Karisa - 56,074,820 - ReimuA)
- LLS Normal (Chirpy13 - 104,418,210 - ReimuB)
- LLS Lunatic (Chirpy13 - 107,064,900 - ReimuB)
- SoEW Lunatic (Karisa - 21,334,210 - ReimuB)
- SoEW Extra (Zil - 34,257,150 - ReimuB) [if the turbo version is counted, see Zil's note in the same post I linked]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:04:44 AM by Karisa »

Zil

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2012, 06:25:37 AM »
The Extra score was being left out until Nereid decided how it should be handled or something, yeah. It's worth noting though that the "world record" score up there by 部屋干し(which is lower than my own) was almost certainly using some kind of turbo thing as well. Personally I think my score may as well be added there, if we're looking at overall records.

Also the PoDD Lunatic score could be updated as well, to 98,470,830 with Chiyuri.

And whatever happened to Nereid anyway? He was updating things pretty regularly and then kinda vanished. I'd be willing to help with the scoreboards myself, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to become a janitor all of a sudden just for that.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2012, 10:58:12 AM »
I see a mistake in the SoEW Normal score in the first post. 17,327,840 is actually Zil's Easy score; the Normal score should be 17,050,910 (see here).

Also, some MotK records for PC-98 games could use an update:
- LLS Easy (Karisa - 56,074,820 - ReimuA)
- LLS Normal (Chirpy13 - 104,418,210 - ReimuB)
- LLS Lunatic (Chirpy13 - 107,064,900 - ReimuB)
- SoEW Lunatic (Karisa - 21,334,210 - ReimuB)
- SoEW Extra (Zil - 34,257,150 - ReimuB) [if the turbo version is counted, see Zil's note in the same post I linked]

Thanks! I'd been a tad busy recently so haven't really sat down and looked at what there is to be updated. Finally got around to it today - thanks for making my life a little easier. :)

The Extra score was being left out until Nereid decided how it should be handled or something, yeah. It's worth noting though that the "world record" score up there by 部屋干し(which is lower than my own) was almost certainly using some kind of turbo thing as well. Personally I think my score may as well be added there, if we're looking at overall records.

Also the PoDD Lunatic score could be updated as well, to 98,470,830 with Chiyuri.

And whatever happened to Nereid anyway? He was updating things pretty regularly and then kinda vanished. I'd be willing to help with the scoreboards myself, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to become a janitor all of a sudden just for that.

All updated - I think the decision me and Nereid came to was to allow it for now. But we will begin to differentiate between scores if the scoreboard becomes more active.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

ark

• みょん
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 02:45:37 AM »
And whatever happened to Nereid anyway?
I died.

Ok, actually I've just been occupied with other things but I'll get everything updated next week. :V

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 04:33:44 PM »
I died.

Ok, actually I've just been occupied with other things but I'll get everything updated next week. :V

\o/

Zil

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2012, 09:37:56 AM »
He was hoping the world would end so he wouldn't have to do it. I'm sure of it.

Also, Shimatora, you could probably update the Easy and Normal scores for Mystic Square. Karisa's taken both of them now. Unless maybe she intends to improve them even further sometime soon.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2012, 11:10:48 AM »
He was hoping the world would end so he wouldn't have to do it. I'm sure of it.

Also, Shimatora, you could probably update the Easy and Normal scores for Mystic Square. Karisa's taken both of them now. Unless maybe she intends to improve them even further sometime soon.

All updated.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »
No, I've had enough of MS Easy/Normal for now. Unless you score higher than either of my Mima scores that is.

Also I think I should currently have 8 (1 E/N/H, 2 L, 4 E, 5 E/N/H) in that list of top record holders. That list is rather biased towards those of us who care about the PC-98 games by the way. Not that I mind. (But seriously, HRtP Normal/Hard are still very improvable, someone go improve them thank you.)

Also it seems one of the world records has been improved since this thread was created.
- EoSD Hard (World): keisa - 458,459,990 - ReimuB
I'd be willing to help with the scoreboards myself, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to become a janitor all of a sudden just for that.
This pretty much reflects how I feel by the way.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:48:15 PM by Karisa »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2012, 03:20:53 PM »
No, I've had enough of MS Easy/Normal for now. Unless you score higher than either of my Mima scores that is.

Also I think I should currently have 8 (1 E/N/H, 2 L, 4 E, 5 E/N/H) in that list of top record holders. That list is rather biased towards those of us who care about the PC-98 games by the way. Not that I mind. (But seriously, HRtP Normal/Hard are still very improvable, someone go improve them thank you.)

Also it seems one of the world records has been improved since this thread was created.
- EoSD Hard (World): keisa - 458,459,990 - ReimuB

Ah yes! I recall updating the Wordpress to have that score but not this thread. Thanks for letting me know, the help is always welcome. <3
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 06:42:29 PM by Shimatora »

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2012, 03:54:34 PM »
It still says "Karisa - 7"... (also your quote of mine looks a little weird in the last line, it might be better off with the unrelated comment removed)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2012, 05:43:24 PM »
UKT blasting the Lunatic WR by 190m, with the final score being 4,938,863,770!

EDIT: For SA! :V
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:26:30 PM by Shimatora »

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2012, 06:14:53 PM »
UKT blasting the Lunatic WR by 190m, with the final score being 4,938,863,770!

EDIT: For SA! :V

This is the most epic thing ever! I can't wait to watch this. Aaahhh!!!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »
I'm considering showing what percentage MotK scores are against their world records. For instance:
Over 75% of World Record
Over 50% of World Record
Under 50% of World Record

Easy:
World: MATSU ? 172,044,560 ? Reimu B
MotK: Heartbeam ? 129,782,280 (75.44%) ? Marisa B

At the moment, I'm only thinking of copying the colours of the Shmups Hall of Record thread as they seem appropriate.

Would people find this useful / interesting? Let me know, and I'll add it. If you have any objections, please voice them too. If anyone has a better colour scheme / place to put the percentages or anything at all, let me know as well!

chum

« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2013, 06:43:13 PM »
I like the idea.  :D

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51:45 PM »
Could you include a green color for 90% of WR?

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2013, 07:52:37 PM »
Could you include a green color for 90% of WR?

Yes I can - I thought something was missing more towards the 90% area.

EDIT:

All updated with percentages and pretty colours. I expect all the percentages to be yellow by the end of this year, people.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:51:36 PM by Shimatora »

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2013, 11:22:38 PM »
I find the orange color to be somewhat difficult to read against the blue post background. Perhaps something darker, like this?

(Also IN Easy and EoSD Extra are missing a right parenthesis, and EoSD Easy and UFO Hard are missing a % sign)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2013, 12:39:31 AM »
I find the orange color to be somewhat difficult to read against the blue post background. Perhaps something darker, like this?

(Also IN Easy and EoSD Extra are missing a right parenthesis, and EoSD Easy and UFO Hard are missing a % sign)

I'll give that a go!

And thanks for pointing the errors out. Human error sucks.

EDIT:

Would it be better to quote the whole scoreboard so it has a gray background?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:42:21 AM by Shimatora »

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2013, 01:02:00 AM »
I'd say yes, but the problem is that anything in quote tags won't appear when quoting another post, and the ability to quote that post with formatting could be useful, so I don't think that's a good idea.

(also it seems you didn't fix EoSD Easy or IN Easy yet)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:06:32 AM by Karisa »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2013, 01:10:44 AM »
Fix'd.

Either way, does it look better now?

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2013, 01:25:04 AM »
The orange definitely looks better. As for the rest, it'd be nice if the green was more noticeable than the yellow, since currently the yellow stands out the most, but I can't seem to find any brighter green that looks good. The closest I got was this, but I'm not sure if it contrasts enough with the blue background.

Also, this reminds me, I'd be willing to format the table like I did in this post (by quoting it and sending the modified version to you in a PM), if you think that would be a good idea.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2013, 01:29:02 AM »
I'll see what I can do with the green.

I appreciate the offer, but I'd rather keep it the way it is for now. The main reason being if anything goes wrong with the formatting, then I'd like to be able to fix it. Not sure if I'd have the patience, to be fair. Thank you anyway, I'll let you know if I have a change of mind.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2013, 02:23:08 AM »
Note: T has 558,060,980 on TD Extra with Reimu.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2013, 11:21:06 AM »
Note: T has 558,060,980 on TD Extra with Reimu.

Is that posted anywhere on the site?

ark

• みょん
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2013, 07:54:31 PM »
Is that posted anywhere on the site?
Point. It's on royalflare though.