Author Topic: Touhou Hall of Records  (Read 213805 times)

Re: Touhou Hall of Records
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2012, 12:26:59 AM »
Cool thread, let me know if I can do anything to help out. :V
You could find out the PC98 WRs!

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2012, 12:47:21 AM »
I have compiled some records myself which between them make up the majority of serious tool-assisted scoreruns (all records except EoSD Extra are the only runs in their category). There really aren't that many in existence.
I think you're missing that the MoF Extra TAS uses MarisaC.

Also thanks for the code. Here's a YouTube version of the EoSD Lunatic TAS with the counterstop disabled, for people who don't have a Nicovideo account (and/or prefer the EoSD retexture patch) and don't feel like setting up the cheat themselves.

Zil

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 01:04:15 AM »
I'd love to know these as well. I find it hard to believe that there's no Japanese scoreboard for them somewhere.
みぞる improves his FW Extra score by 200k, pushing it up to 100,245,670 from 100,029,110!
I'm going to have to check this out and see if there are any new tricks being used. I should really try to get my own score up to 90 million, at least. Maybe even look at the main game for Fairy Wars. It's a fun game and I somehow always manage to forget that it exists. I bet I could at least beat some of the western records.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »
Looks like みぞる improved his GFW Extra yet again! I was really impressed when I first watched the original 100m run, gonna go watch this now.

Yeah that way of handling the red ring of death fairies at the end of the stage was unexpected!!

Also perhaps even more notable, clo-naga becomes the first ever (?) person to break 2 billion in PCB easy.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:14:08 PM by Namazu »
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 02:17:17 PM »
Looks like みぞる improved his GFW Extra yet again! I was really impressed when I first watched the original 100m run, gonna go watch this now.

Yeah that way of handling the red ring of death fairies at the end of the stage was unexpected!!

Also perhaps even more notable, clo-naga becomes the first ever (?) person to break 2 billion in PCB easy.

Indeed, very quickly improved. Very impressive!

Wow, can't believe I didn't notice that! Thanks for pointing it out.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 03:14:46 PM »
That stage 4...

Damn....

Just damn.

(referring to clo-naga's new WR)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:17:34 PM by Vee »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 12:21:10 PM »

Remember my records page? I started filling out the PC-98 section. Did you know someone's broken 200M in MS Extra?

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »
I don't remember, you'd have to link me to it.  But damn, 200m?  I didn't even think it was possible to get more than 170 or so.

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2012, 12:51:14 AM »
Thank you for using "MotK" and not "western".

I suggest also linking RoyalFlare, since that's where the WRs are submitted.  There's also a twitter bot that reports new high scores; I don't twitter so I don't have the address, but Nereid and others could hook you up.

I think it would be neat to have (at least) 2, 4, and 5 up there as well, even if there aren't WR pages for them.

Edit2: thinking on it, I also don't see any reason to leave out 1, 3, or 9... I guess I'm just used to them being considered silly, but we track the scores for them (and have some damned good ones for 3 and 9 at least), so that should be good enough, right?

More to the point: why not just have a second section with all the games that don't have WR pages on RF?  That way, the games with the most active competition get highlighted while all the games (and the MotK members who earned high scores in them) are still represented.  I mean, they're still Touhou, so I think they belong in a Touhou Hall of Records.  And it wouldn't take much effort to maintain them on this scoreboard since nobody plays them!

Edit: this is cool, thanks for doing this.  And sorry for making that an afterthought.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:46:12 AM by K.B. »
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Zil

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2012, 02:28:07 AM »
I don't remember, you'd have to link me to it.
He's referring to this, I believe:
I have compiled some records myself
And geez. Looks I have to move my target from 100 million to 120. Bring it on. Do there happen to be any videos of those PoDD scores, Arcorann? I'd love to see some of that gameplay.
e: Holy crap that PoFV Extra run. Secret techniques, ahoy! Too bad the Marisa match desyncs for me.

And by the way Shimatora, how are you planning to keep the scores on WordPress updated? The twitter bot that K.B. mentioned sounds like a good idea for keeping track of Royal Flare's scores, and I was thinking that you could coerce Nereid into notifying you whenever one of MotK's high scores gets replaced, seeing as he'd be adding them in the first place when he updates the scoreboards.
I bring it up because I saw that you already added the FW scores that chum and I recently submitted, though you left out my Hard A-1 score, which is higher than Hawk's. If you're planning on just checking every new score that gets submitted I think that could easily get overwhelming, and would be a pretty difficult way of doing it in the long run.
I think it would be neat to have (at least) 2, 4, and 5 up there as well, even if there aren't WR pages for them.
Seconding this.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:01:30 AM by Zil »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 08:05:06 AM »

I suggest also linking RoyalFlare, since that's where the WRs are submitted.  There's also a twitter bot that reports new high scores; I don't twitter so I don't have the address, but Nereid and others could hook you up.

Edit2: thinking on it, I also don't see any reason to leave out 1, 3, or 9... I guess I'm just used to them being considered silly, but we track the scores for them (and have some damned good ones for 3 and 9 at least), so that should be good enough, right?

More to the point: why not just have a second section with all the games that don't have WR pages on RF?  That way, the games with the most active competition get highlighted while all the games (and the MotK members who earned high scores in them) are still represented.  I mean, they're still Touhou, so I think they belong in a Touhou Hall of Records.  And it wouldn't take much effort to maintain them on this scoreboard since nobody plays them!

Edit: this is cool, thanks for doing this.  And sorry for making that an afterthought.

I'll add all the other games when I get home from college today!

Also, in regards to keeping up with world records, I'm following both the Twitter bot and an RSS feed that updates directly from RoyalFlare. I check the latter daily anyway, so it's extremely hard to miss a new record.

It might be a good idea to ask Nereid to let me know the new scores, yes, just incase I miss one. (like with you're hard A-1, Zil.) I'll also talk to him after college.

K.B: I'm glad you like it! I've wanted something like this for a while, so I thought I'd just go ahead and do it. This thread here's the easy part... :P

EDIT: Wow, I've missed a few posts on FW's thread. I'll get up to date with this ASAP. Thanks for letting me know guys.

On second though, if you know you're going to get No. 1 in a thread, you could post here saying so, just copy-pasting your score with the replay link still at the end. This would be very helpful and would only require Nereid to update the threads (which I'm sure is quite a handful as it is, without having to copy-paste each new record.)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:07:28 AM by Shimatora »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2012, 10:34:49 AM »
He's referring to this, I believe:And geez. Looks I have to move my target from 100 million to 120. Bring it on. Do there happen to be any videos of those PoDD scores, Arcorann? I'd love to see some of that gameplay.
e: Holy crap that PoFV Extra run. Secret techniques, ahoy! Too bad the Marisa match desyncs for me.
Re: PoDD: Those scores date back to about 2000. I think that says it all.
Re: PoFV: The later stages sync. That Eiki match is ridiculous.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 11:32:23 AM »
Updated this sheet to include the untracked games. Will do the same for the wordpress a bit later.

chum

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »
that PoFV high score is for Extra and not Lunatic. Interesting strategies in that replay, although I do not like Extra myself. If there is a lunatic high score anywhere out there (which I'd imagine there is) It's probably much higher.

I like how there are empty categories for SoEW.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
that PoFV high score is for Extra and not Lunatic. Interesting strategies in that replay, although I do not like Extra myself. If there is a lunatic high score anywhere out there (which I'd imagine there is) It's probably much higher.

I like how there are empty categories for SoEW.

Ahh, woops! All fixed now.

That just means that people are going to have to go and play some SoEW now! Speaking of which... SoEW time, brb.

Zil

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 12:56:12 PM »
Brace for more nagging~
On second though, if you know you're going to get No. 1 in a thread, you could post here saying so, just copy-pasting your score with the replay link still at the end.
I'm not sure about this, for a number of reasons. It could get very confusing in here if it's cluttered with scores from every game, especially if this thread continues to be used for discussion and jizzing over new WRs, etc. Further, you're depending on everyone who gets a high score to also remember to put it here, which could be easily overlooked, either out of forgetfulness or because the person wasn't aware of this thread in the first place. Further, you may not "know" that you'll be getting the high score. If you take Fairy Wars as an example, several scores were submitted one after another just recently, each one beating the previous, which would cause lots of chaos in this thread.  It could work, granted, but I still think an easier way would be for Nereid (assuming he's willing to do it) to make a note of each high score that got replaced after an update, then PM the list to you, or something similar.
Of course, it's your thread, so do whatever you think would be best. I'm just giving my thoughts on it.
Re: PoDD: Those scores date back to about 2000. I think that says it all.
Re: PoFV: The later stages sync. That Eiki match is ridiculous.
I see, And yes, I watched the Extra run from after Marisa. Many thanks for finding that and the PoDD score. I think they're fascinating.

So anyway, this thread's really making me want to just take every high score I get my hands on.
That just means that people are going to have to go and play some SoEW now! Speaking of which... SoEW time, brb.
I hope you're prepared for some competition. ;)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »
Brace for more nagging~I'm not sure about this, for a number of reasons. It could get very confusing in here if it's cluttered with scores from every game, especially if this thread continues to be used for discussion and jizzing over new WRs, etc. Further, you're depending on everyone who gets a high score to also remember to put it here, which could be easily overlooked, either out of forgetfulness or because the person wasn't aware of this thread in the first place. Further, you may not "know" that you'll be getting the high score. If you take Fairy Wars as an example, several scores were submitted one after another just recently, each one beating the previous, which would cause lots of chaos in this thread.  It could work, granted, but I still think an easier way would be for Nereid (assuming he's willing to do it) to make a note of each high score that got replaced after an update, then PM the list to you, or something similar.
Of course, it's your thread, so do whatever you think would be best. I'm just giving my thoughts on it.I see, And yes, I watched the Extra run from after Marisa. Many thanks for finding that and the PoDD score. I think they're fascinating.

So anyway, this thread's really making me want to just take every high score I get my hands on.I hope you're prepared for some competition. ;)

First of all, its not just nagging, its helpful nagging. So please nag all you want, because that'll make this thread a lot better than it might have been. You are very, very right - I didn't think about how cluttered this thread would get if people posted both in the high score threads and this thread. I'd much rather keep this thread to recent high score discussions and such like. I'll be talking to Nereid when he replies on IRC, so I'll keep you updated in that regards.

I'm really glad that you're feeling more competitive because of this - that was kind of my goal. Having your name at number one in the thread, hidden away doesn't feel as good as it should - it's far nicer seeing it in a thread that only a select few can actually get on to!

I hope you're prepared for some competition. ;)

I sure am! I just hope you are too!

ark

• みょん
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2012, 12:56:41 AM »
Hi.

So I'll send Shimatora a PM whenever someone posts a new #1 score; that should be easy enough.

Also, that RoyalFlare twitter bot is here, and there's also a spreadsheet that lists all the top scores (which also gets updated by the bot).

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »
Hi.

So I'll send Shimatora a PM whenever someone posts a new #1 score; that should be easy enough.

Also, that RoyalFlare twitter bot is here, and there's also a spreadsheet that lists all the top scores (which also gets updated by the bot).

Many thanks!

Thanks for the links as well, had no idea there was a spreadsheet.

"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2012, 04:34:51 PM »
Shin improves the overall WR for UFO again and it's on Lunatic and with MarisaA!!!

From 3,061,288,350 with Marisa B to 3,292,353,200 with Marisa A! Almost 300m increase on the Marisa A score too!

chum

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
Finished the run, and I'm lost for words, it was just absurdly good.

shin confirmed for god gamer.

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2012, 11:25:03 PM »
Just watched the replay, and it's really quite something.  I think he could probably get another 50-100m if he decided to graze the rings on Murasa's final and went for Shou first/second non timeouts.  Pretty risky though, so I doubt we'll see that happening anytime soon.  Excited to see what he'll manage to do with SanaeB.  3.6 maybe?

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2012, 07:04:25 AM »
Phantasmagoria of Flower View [MotK]
Extra:
World: LET ? 316,861,110 ? Reisen

:o  Is there a replay for it?

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2012, 07:42:11 PM »
Extra:

Not sure! Ask Acrorann.

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2012, 08:11:36 PM »
Extra:

See:
I have compiled some records myself which between them make up the majority of serious tool-assisted scoreruns (all records except EoSD Extra are the only runs in their category). There really aren't that many in existence.
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2012, 05:54:23 AM »
Just watched the replay, and it's really quite something.  I think he could probably get another 50-100m if he decided to graze the rings on Murasa's final and went for Shou first/second non timeouts.  Pretty risky though, so I doubt we'll see that happening anytime soon.  Excited to see what he'll manage to do with SanaeB.  3.6 maybe?
This estimation is probably too gracious. I'll do the numbers later.

Edit : too lazy to make a spreadsheet, I hope this is right.

http://pastebin.com/S72Kb6X9

tl;dr
~10,429,936  score increase from Chirpy's suggestion.
I don't into statistics and error margins so give or take 1M.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 07:51:10 AM by Zetzumarshen »

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
Thanks for the link to PoFV extra WR. It was added recently and i didn't notice. Using google translate the page where the replay is hosted talks something about getting 500m score :V

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2012, 01:25:20 AM »
~10,429,936  score increase from Chirpy's suggestion.
I don't into statistics and error margins so give or take 1M.
I was talking about Murasa's timeout spell though, not the non.  Cuddling with the rings when they spawn for more graze.  I'm wondering how I got 100m now though.  Maybe I missed a decimal place or something.

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2012, 06:46:29 AM »
the page where the replay is hosted talks something about getting 500m score :V
Ha, that must be including the dream bonus you get while playing in your sleep.

The player could have snagged 5-10 million more by facing Eiki a second time*, and he could have gotten slightly more against Tewi, Youmu, Medi, and Komachi by waiting for Lily or a level 2, but those are the only increases I can see that wouldn't be entirely luck-dependent (ex: amount of bullets the ai reflects, getting more boss attacks with reflectable bullets, getting a more ideal distribution of fairies and spirits, and so on).  He could have played a little higher up in a few instances, but I don't know how much he would have gained, and that's some hefty nitpicking on a great run.  It's also possible that Eiki's scoring potential is slightly higher than Reisen's, but that's just speculation at this point (and I think Reisen's is higher).

*Eiki timers per round: 120s, 50s, 45s, 28s, [...].  In the first round, the player got 18 million in the first 50 seconds**, not including end-match bonus points obtained during this time frame (from numbers of spells cast and boss reversals).  Every death costs ten million in remaining-lives bonus.  So, suiciding once the first-round timer runs out could net 5-10 million more points, assuming no chain drops in the second round.  That would be a little less if there are more bullets on the first round (which seems to happen in lunatic, but I can't prove that and I don't know about extra), but I think it wouldn't be that much less, especially when bonus points are added in.  Arguably not worth the risk, and miniscule compared to the points you can get from a few lucky breaks (speaking of: 22 million in the fourth round? wth.), but it's there.

**He had 13 million in the first 45 seconds.  Once he got spell points to bonus, at 15 seconds in, he was averaging .59 million per second, or 1.7 seconds per million.  Seconds between tens of millions were 20, 18, 13, 19, 17, and 15.  Just going by this, that'd give 10.5 million for a second round and 7.6 million for a third round.  But scoring comes in spurts and is a little slower at the start (even once spell points are at bonus), so having five fewer seconds in the third round is probably enough to make it impractical to suicide twice.  Suiciding once, though, should still be worthwhile (for the daring).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:01:52 AM by K.B. »