Author Topic: Sparen's Code Dump (Final updates)  (Read 285883 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Sparen Boss Battle)
« Reply #300 on: September 28, 2014, 07:02:49 PM »
Incident Causer Mayhem
The Avatar of Mountains and Lakes

In the end I decided that I will not be able to to my Sparen Boss Battle until DEC is completed due to limitations on myself as well as the plethora of system upgrades I am in the midst of. Therefore I have decided on something more interesting for the time being - a Kanako boss battle for the Incident Causer Mayhem contest hosted by PhantomSong.

Current Version: 1.00a
Current Release Version: 1.00a

*Current Version is my current version. Current Release Version is the latest Devel release.

Current Progress
Final testing

All Demo Versions
RC-1/RC-2: See following post: [https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13738.msg1139793.html#msg1139793]

Previews
RC-1: DNHArt 82
*All other videos of this script will be linked in this video's description
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:57:09 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (LOCAA 6: Danmakufu Troll Stars has been released!)
« Reply #301 on: October 05, 2014, 01:07:06 AM »
I am now purging another set of projects from Bulletforge:

The following are no longer available:
-Kyllallrenn Player Script (Hands down my least popular player)
-BS Yukkuri Stage (This is a wonderful relic of my first month of Danmakufu. My only regret was deleting the comments)
-PDD Veemon Player (Given that PDD comes with it, I doubt people will need this link...)
-TC Extra Stage (This was my first 'real' script, and I feel that since absolutely nobody is going to want to download it, I might as well ditch it. There's a chance I will remake it from scratch in ph3. It will actually be a stage this time.)
-DEC Flamon/Strabimon Players (Having multiple versions gets me very confused. Removing because it's never going to be the same version as with the actual game)

Note that I still have these projects on my computer and on my flash drives, so if you happen to want one of them (looks at Trickysticks, who's doing first script videos), just ask.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Two new tutorials!)
« Reply #302 on: October 10, 2014, 12:01:13 AM »
I threw together a small tutorial after a fight in LOCAA. I hope it is helpful to newer scripters.

Sparen's Basic ph3 Item Tutorial

Today, Oct 21, 2014...

I present a new video tutorial!

[4] Touhou Danmakufu ph3 Tutorial - Reflecting Bullets off of Sides and Walls

It will be processed shortly!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:00:22 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (ICM: TAoMaL completed!)
« Reply #303 on: November 02, 2014, 05:50:19 PM »
ICM: The Avatar of Mountains and Lakes v1.00a (RC-2) READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

It's here!

DOWNLOAD

**RC-2 is the fixed version (should fix Nonspell 3 issue)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:50:31 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (ICM: The Avatar of Mountains and Lakes Released!)
« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2014, 11:59:10 PM »
Today I will be purging the following from my Mediafire account. They will NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE.

PDD v0.02
PDD v0.04
PDD v0.20
PDD v0.31
PDD v1.14
PDD v1.29
PDD v1.31
LOCAA3 v1.08

Cirno Day 2012

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #305 on: November 14, 2014, 07:15:47 PM »
This post has a few functions

Firstly, DEC Stage 5 is near completion! Yay!

Secondly, I will now begin danmaku script videos with voiced commentary! The only requirement is that you ask me to do it AND that I have not seen it before - blind runs are best for these kinds of things.

Thirdly, the Sparen Boss Battle has been cancelled and has been replaced by a tentative project - 東方変幻永〜Indeterminate Insufferable Illness, a game that I plan to make instead of Terranean Cataclysm.

On this note, I would like to make the game original - therefore, I will need original remixes of Touhou music as well as a person capable of making slightly unusual cut ins (i.e. Eirin foaming at the mouth) and associated sprites.

Digital Earth: Conquest v1.00 READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

This is a closed demo meant for balancing, bug fixing, and overall quality improvements. If you would like to assist in the development process, please PM me or contact me on Skype. I am looking for players of varying skills levels, but preferably those who can also give feedback on how to improve my game.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:52:27 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #306 on: November 24, 2014, 02:15:28 AM »
DNHART and DNHFART notices:

Starting today, I will be retrofitting all videos to comply with the following:
-Links auto redirect to latest versions of any given script - if I have featured your script and you would like the link to point to a specific version, I will make note of that.
-I will provide partial localizations for Japanese in the descriptions.
-Lower ranks will be removed from RaNGE 10. If you are in ranks 6-10 and your rank number is still there and you don't want it to be there, remind me to remove it.
-Scripts whose downloads have been removed will no longer have their old link
-Video links that are dead will most likely be removed. If I forgot to remove a dead link, please notify me.

Current Progress:
RaNGE 10 Contest (1-22): COMPLETE
Intermission I (23-33): COMPLETE
CURSE 1 Contest (34-40): COMPLETE
Halloween Contest (41-48): COMPLETE
Intermission II (49-58): COMPLETE
LOCAA 4 and Artifact 1 Contests (59-63): COMPLETE
Intermission III (64-65): COMPLETE
Artifact 2 and AAA Contests (66-73): COMPLETE
Intermission IV (74-75): COMPLETE
LOCAA 5 Contest (76-78): COMPLETE
Intermission V (79-80): COMPLETE
Incident Causer Mayhem Contest (81-93): COMPLETE UNTIL CONARNAR (Youtube won't let me edit descriptions now for some reason.)
LOCAA 6 Contest (1-3): COMPLETE
Intermission VI (94): COMPLETE

Scripts that do not have download links:
DNHArt 02: RaNGE 10 - Rikako Asakura
DNHArt 11: RaNGE 10 - Victini
DNHArt 19: RaNGE 10 - PhantomSong
DNHArt 26: Giratina - Victini
DNHArt 27: Gensei Ruri - TalosMistake
DNHArt 28: Hatate - Victini
DNHArt 78: LOCAA 5 - Gusano

EDIT @ Nov 24, 2014 - 12:07PM: All DNHArt videos have been put into the new description standards. Please inform me of any issues by PM. Also, I managed to put a ph3 script as 0.12m. And it was there for like 5 months. Did nobody actually notice? o_O
EDIT @ Nov 24, 2014 - 12:10PM: All DNHFart videos have been placed into the new description standards.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:10:48 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Finishing DEC and reformatting DNHArt!)
« Reply #307 on: December 01, 2014, 03:45:08 AM »
NOTE: I will soon begin making a step by step tutorial for ph3, similar to my 0.12m one except significantly better - and perhaps I will actually finish it. Chances are it will be completely linked with existing tutorials in the hope that it provides a solid foundation and support network for new scripters to begin using ph3.

Once I have covered a certain amount (to be determined), I will most likely shut down both of my Google Sites, since I sort of view them as failed experiments. However, if people want to use my existing but absolutely incomplete 0.12m tutorial, they are perfectly free to do so.

For future reference, the new tutorials will most likely hosted on my Github page, and I will try to implement Java applications and GIFs to make the experience more thorough. No guarantees since it is in planning stage, however.

As of right now, figuring out how to implement code blocks and simple GUI applications for asking multiple choice questions for comprehension are some of the main challenges in beginning implementation.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #308 on: December 01, 2014, 12:34:51 PM »
NOTE: I will soon begin making a step by step tutorial for ph3, similar to my 0.12m one except significantly better - and perhaps I will actually finish it. Chances are it will be completely linked with existing tutorials in the hope that it provides a solid foundation and support network for new scripters to begin using ph3.

Yay! I'm really considering making my own game by daisy chaining some ridiculous number of stages together into one long game.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #309 on: December 01, 2014, 01:21:53 PM »
Yay! I'm really considering making my own game by daisy chaining some ridiculous number of stages together into one long game.

It'll be a very long time until I get to linking stages, you know... got to get through shooting a bullet at the player first and all that stuff. ^_^

(As an answer to your question, there are 2 common methods. One is to use a package and iterate through the stages and the other is to include all of your 'stages' in one superstage.)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Finishing DEC and writing tutorials!)
« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
I am now proud to announce my ph3 tutorials. They will be hosted at sparen.github.io/ph3tutorials/ph3tutorials.html. Please note that this is a slow process and that it will take a while for me to get anywhere. Current Progress is not as far as I hoped it would be but in exchange, I'm getting familiar with writing HTML/CSS without and IDE and I'm getting some exposure to Javascript, which powers the quizzes on the site. Note that you will need Javascript to see the quizzes and receive feedback on the answer. If you would like to leave a comment, there is a comment page linked on all major pages of the website, and feel free to PM me here on MotK.

The tutorials are currently in progress and please note that peer review has not scoured later tutorials very thoroughly yet, as will always be the case. Please report errors as soon as possible.

Thanks to CK Crash and Drake for code and tutorial resources, and thanks to Miransu and Ultima, among others, for the feedback and peer review you have given.

Also: As of right now, I have decided not to shut down my 0.12m tutorial site.

EDIT: FlamingRok: Thanks. I'm in a daze after fixing Javascript.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:05:00 PM by Sparen »

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »
Link appears to be broken, try this one instead.

I'll be making use of these tutorials though, so thanks!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Touhou III)
« Reply #312 on: December 07, 2014, 05:03:25 PM »
東方変幻永〜Indeterminate Insufferable Illness

Indeterminate Insufferable Illness (Hengenei) *was* a planned game that has since been cancelled - see bottom of post for premise.

Still, I plan to at least make the Reisen-Marisa dual boss battle as a system transition to the future SeitenTouji system, so one component of this project will probably come to fruition.

Current Version: N/A
Current Release Version: N/A
Current Demo Version: N/A

*Current Version is my current version. Current Release Version is the latest Devel release.

Current Progress
Planning

All Demo Versions
RC-1: ???

Previews
None as of now

ORIGINAL CONTENT OF POST:

This is the official release post for my next major (and perhaps final) project in Touhou Danmakufu - 東方変幻永〜Indeterminate Insufferable Illness. This will be a long term project, and I am posting this thread now for the following reasons:

-I will need a composer/remixer/arranger who will be willing to make remixes of Touhou bgm and perhaps original music for stages - preferably, the same person for the entire game's bgm. If this position is not filled, music will default to ZUN's. By default, this will prevent international release of the game.
-I need someone to make cut ins and sprites of enemies. You will get to make a foaming Chen, an insane Sanae, and a drunken Suika (well... she's always drunk). If the cut in position is not filled, I will do cut ins myself and events will default to my DEC event system, where there is only a face and nothing else. If the spriter position is not filled, I will either do the sprites myself (i.e. no attack animations) or will default to SpellCardCollection sprites, in which case, the game will be limited to a free download on Bulletforge, since I won't even be able to sell it at a convention.

MUSIC: FrenticPony, TBA
CUTINS: Ultimadragon88
SPRITES:

As for all other resources, I can hopefully apply for a creative tech grant to get me access to textures and a copy of the Adobe Creative Suite. Other option is to commission people or make them myself, or to use ZUN backgrounds.

If you are interested in one of the positions, be aware of the following:
-I cannot pay you.
-Please contact me via PM or Skype
-I cannot start scripting Stage 1 without a bgm. If I do not have a composer at the time and someone wishes to help me out afterwards, you will be restricted to the tempo and song chosen.

Thank you.

Now, the plot premise:
Reisen is walking towards the SDM to deliver some medicine. However, Sakuya refuses to let her pass, and then attacks, blaming Reisen for her madam's insanity and Flan's mysterious disappearance. And then it goes south from there.

The entire plot has already been determined, as have all of the bosses. I am to be the sole scripter for the majority of the project, with the exception of function libraries and other resources made by others
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:02:25 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #313 on: December 13, 2014, 07:09:04 PM »
Digital Earth: Conquest v1.13 BACKUP RELEASE

DEC is nearing its next demo, and although I would really like to ask someone to do a full replacement of all cut in images, I doubt it will ever happen. Therefore, I will leave this here as a note that I may consider dropping the Extra Stage entirely if nobody wants to actually play this game. Work has already begun on my next project (which is Touhou related, as seen in the previous post), and truth be told, I highly doubt that DEC will get much of any attention. It's also far easier to release without extra because I won't have to accommodate for the Extra Stage in the package.

Anyways, that's that. Depending on my coding pace, the first 6 stages might be ready for beta-testing within a week.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #314 on: December 15, 2014, 03:45:15 PM »
...Turns out that my download link for my LOCAA 6 contest entry has been wrong for the past 3 months, so here's the CORRECT link:

http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/locaa-6-danmakufu-troll-stars/v/v020a

Yeah, I have no clue why nobody noticed this, but oh well.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Happy New Year peoples.

I wrote a guide to Bulletforge, although it is 100% unpolished and may not be helpful for its intended audience (new Danmakufu scripters and people trying to figure out how to use the thing)

http://sparen.github.io/ph3tutorials/ph3uXl1.html

EDIT: Forgot to note that I am no longer doing DNH Let's Plays due to some issues with sound quality with my computer.

EDIT: Finished Lesson 6 as well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 02:44:52 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #316 on: January 12, 2015, 12:37:35 AM »
Digital Earth: Conquest v1.17 BACKUP RELEASE

About a month ago, I said that Stage 6 would be ready for Beta-Testing within a week. Well, a month has passed and in that time, I have done a surprising number of optimizations, including pre-loading bosses, as well as the credit stage. However, I need to make a significant number more, since my credit stage is running at an abysmal FPS due to the usage of a 70ish long array as well as the sheer number of rendering problems.

Regardless, today two more attacks were done. Once I complete the final spell of the Stage 6 boss, I will perform some more optimizations, and then there is a chance I will release the game to Lets Players and the like while I try to dredge an extra stage with unbroken replay support out of the ugly and overly complicated mess that is my package.

Hopefully I will be able to complete this game within a month or two.

Anyways, have a preview. It may be taken down at any time though.

EDIT Jan 11 2014 (around 9PM)
Digital Earth: Conquest v1.18 (RC-4) RELEASED

CK Crash did a stream of the entire game on Twitch, which was very much a success. Fixes will be implemented, as well as the ending. There will most likely be another closed demo followed by the creation of the Extra Stage rather than a release without Extra and a release with Extra.

EDIT Jan 13, 2014, 4:39 PM
DEC game-wide optimization has begun. Priorities include making sure that text fits inside text boxes (the side pitch of text is apparently different depending on your operating system, and I have no control over that at all, which is somewhat worrisome), identifying higher-powered stage enemies, and implementing @Loading/@Finalize RAM Optimization Pairing as well as unneeded variable removal, which basically constitutes wiping the remainder of the 0.12m code from the game and from future projects in Danmakufu ph3.

Depending on the speed at which I optimize the code and can get Extra to work both in replays and spell card practice, I may send out another closed demo.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:45:53 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (DEC Extra Stage! Ph3 Tutorial 7 completed!)
« Reply #317 on: January 22, 2015, 05:20:29 PM »
Ph3 Tutorials - Unit 1 Lesson 7 Completed!

http://sparen.github.io/ph3tutorials/ph3u1l7.html

NOTICE (Jan 23, 2015): I can now stream Danmakufu, so I may actually turn DNHLP into something worthwhile. My first successful? attempt can be found here for maybe up to 2 weeks (http://www.twitch.tv/sparenofiria/b/614986943).

In the future the music will not be painfully loud to the point you can't hear my commentary. -_-
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:08:17 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (DEC Extra Stage and ph3 Tutorials!)
« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2015, 07:40:11 PM »
STREAM RESULTS

Completed remainder of DEC Extra Stage (pre-midboss), as well as mid boss animation and basic events.

Anyways, DEC is slowly crawling towards completion, and so is Unit 1 Lesson 8 (ph3 tutorials). Productivity!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (DEC Extra Stage and ph3 Tutorials!)
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2015, 04:57:42 PM »
STREAM RESULTS

-Completed implementation of Extra stage into the package
-Completed implementation of Extra stage replays into the package
-Completed implementation of Extra stage spell card practice into package
-Completed Extra Stage Midboss Spell 1 (my first time using ObjMove_AddPatternB2 ever)

Even though I received 0 feedback and there was only one viewer for the majority of the stream, I was productive, so that's good.

TalosMistake

• Master of Aura and Shade
  • I'm Talos, not Talo~~
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (DEC Extra Stage! Ph3 Tutorials!)
« Reply #320 on: February 08, 2015, 07:22:22 AM »
I didn't have time to watch it.  Could you upload it to youtube?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (DEC Extra and Tuturials!)
« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2015, 09:05:41 PM »
I am pleased to announce that I managed to stop procrastinating. As a result, work has finally begun on the boss of Digital Earth: Conquest.

As of now, if there are any artists willing to do a full replace of all cut in images, please contact me. If there are composers who would like to do the main menu and ending themes, please contact me.

I will be finishing Lesson 8 in a few days at the most (hopefully), and will get to work on the rest during Spring break, most likely.

EDIT @8:10 PM EST, 03/02/15
Lesson 8 is done! Link here: Introduction to Shotsheets and Bullet Properties
Please report any issues to me, preferably through Skype or PM
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:14:01 AM by Sparen »

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Tutorial Lesson 8 done!)
« Reply #322 on: March 03, 2015, 06:08:18 AM »
Err, keyboard input and file objects aren't "super advanced" IMO. Common data and using the debug console should be moved to the Intermediate section as well.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Tutorial Lesson 8 done!)
« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2015, 01:58:55 PM »
Err, keyboard input and file objects aren't "super advanced" IMO. Common data and using the debug console should be moved to the Intermediate section as well.

I've reordered a few things and partially organized things under the scrip type they are more applicable under.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Tutorial Lesson 9 done!)
« Reply #324 on: March 14, 2015, 08:37:41 PM »
Tutorial Lesson 9, which covers Loose, Straight, Delay, and Non-Directional Lasers, is done!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #325 on: March 31, 2015, 04:01:13 AM »
UPDATES

Hengenei - So it seems that with my willpower to finish DEC dwindling even more by the day, this project will never come to fruition. I will still consider doing the Marisa-Reisen dual boss as a way to prepare for the cleaning of my system, but I doubt Hengenei will ever come into being as a full game
Digital Earth: Conquest: This is pretty bad for procrastination, even for me. I've been sitting on the Extra Boss with a to-do list of player experience improvements, and I have a grand total of 0 willpower to complete the game, mainly due to the ever-growing fear of copyright infringement cases and the seeming lack of support for the project. If I can get some free time, I may try to at least write some attacks and finish the Ex Boss, but I don't know when that will happen.

Tutorials:
As with DEC, time constraints are making this painful. If I have some free time on the weekend and someone reminds me, I will probably finish writing Lesson 10 and some of the supplemental lessons.

SeitenTouji: For a project that nobody knows about, it's gradually becoming more and more solid. Rough concept art is done for the player of the first game and for the stage 5 boss as well - I'm working on some design things and back anatomy. I will probably make an official announcement about this once I have a working system ready to go with all-custom resources

PMD DNH: I have not really announced this project here on RaNGE as this is a Touhou forum, but yes - I am making a Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon engine in Danmakufu ph3 based off a proof-of-concept made by FrenticPony. The devlog can be found at my website. This project is going pretty well, even though it will never be completed and will most likely not feature a complete plot or all *600+* Pok?mon due to sheer manpower limitations. If someone wants me to turn it into a Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon x Touhou crossover, the game will become 1000x more possible because we will be dealing with 70 or so non-evolving players rather than 600+ Pok?mon with evolutions, different base stats per evolution, different move sets per evolution, different graphics per evolution, and *different TM sets and egg moves and abilities and terrain abilities and sizes and ....*

...needless to say, I currently have no plans to bother with most of the Pok?mon available simply because my proof of concept is for the dungeon crawling and not the ability to write 50 MB text files comprising of move sets.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #326 on: March 31, 2015, 04:59:56 AM »
UPDATES

Hengenei - So it seems that with my willpower to finish DEC dwindling even more by the day, this project will never come to fruition. I will still consider doing the Marisa-Reisen dual boss as a way to prepare for the cleaning of my system, but I doubt Hengenei will ever come into being as a full game
Digital Earth: Conquest: This is pretty bad for procrastination, even for me. I've been sitting on the Extra Boss with a to-do list of player experience improvements, and I have a grand total of 0 willpower to complete the game, mainly due to the ever-growing fear of copyright infringement cases and the seeming lack of support for the project. If I can get some free time, I may try to at least write some attacks and finish the Ex Boss, but I don't know when that will happen.

Tutorials:
As with DEC, time constraints are making this painful. If I have some free time on the weekend and someone reminds me, I will probably finish writing Lesson 10 and some of the supplemental lessons.

SeitenTouji: For a project that nobody knows about, it's gradually becoming more and more solid. Rough concept art is done for the player of the first game and for the stage 5 boss as well - I'm working on some design things and back anatomy. I will probably make an official announcement about this once I have a working system ready to go with all-custom resources

PMD DNH: I have not really announced this project here on RaNGE as this is a Touhou forum, but yes - I am making a Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon engine in Danmakufu ph3 based off a proof-of-concept made by FrenticPony. The devlog can be found at my website. This project is going pretty well, even though it will never be completed and will most likely not feature a complete plot or all *600+* Pok?mon due to sheer manpower limitations. If someone wants me to turn it into a Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon x Touhou crossover, the game will become 1000x more possible because we will be dealing with 70 or so non-evolving players rather than 600+ Pok?mon with evolutions, different base stats per evolution, different move sets per evolution, different graphics per evolution, and *different TM sets and egg moves and abilities and terrain abilities and sizes and ....*

...needless to say, I currently have no plans to bother with most of the Pok?mon available simply because my proof of concept is for the dungeon crawling and not the ability to write 50 MB text files comprising of move sets.

Quite disappointed that Hengenei never came to fruition, especially given that I applied to compose its BGM. Same with DEC; however, I'm excited to see what SeitenTouji will become.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »
Quite disappointed that Hengenei never came to fruition, especially given that I applied to compose its BGM. Same with DEC; however, I'm excited to see what SeitenTouji will become.

Thanks. Once I've finalized the plot and characters for the first game, I'll populate the information on my website.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Tutorial Lesson 10 done!)
« Reply #328 on: April 04, 2015, 07:42:46 PM »
Touhou Danmakufu ph3 Tutorials - Lesson 10 (Angular Velocity, Curvy Lasers, Curved strings of bullets, snaking lasers, directional parameters) is now complete and ready for fact-checking! I have begun work on Extra Lesson 1, and hope to make some progress on these.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Tutorial Lesson 10 done!)
« Reply #329 on: April 09, 2015, 11:49:39 PM »
For those who are interested, I just finished my Extra Lesson 1 (Tutorial 8a)

http://sparen.github.io/ph3tutorials/ph3u1l8a.html

I hope this helps people out in regards to using some of the rand and math functions in DNH