Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!  (Read 467190 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #1230 on: May 21, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »
Oh god I never thought I would be conflicted about who to main after Byakuren was confirmed as playable, but now.... :ohdear:

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1231 on: May 21, 2013, 04:53:58 PM »
A touhou fighting game with no Yuyuko means I'll have to find someone else to play. ;_;

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #1232 on: May 21, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »
>Layperson footnote
I knew that. The current translation is already the result of our discussion at TVtropes (thanks, Clarste and co.). "Lay believer" is literally "at home believer" in Japanese. They are expected to reside at their own homes, not restricted to living in the temple (though many may choose to lodge and/or train in a temple for prolonged periods).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:01:49 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #1233 on: May 21, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
I can't wait to listen to the presumably awesome remix of Hartmann's Youkai Girl on Koishi's stage... well, at least the Magus Night remix of Marisa was purely awesome. :V

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #1234 on: May 21, 2013, 05:25:32 PM »
Oh god I never thought I would be conflicted about who to main after Byakuren was confirmed as playable, but now.... :ohdear:
Thankfully I don't. Ever since the day Byakuren is confirmed, nothing can top my excitement. I'll probably use Koishi though as a sub along with Metal Gear Nitori.
And yeah, anyone notice any references in her? I didn't see anything noteworthy, though that's probably because we're too surprised by her.

I can't wait to listen to the presumably awesome remix of Hartmann's Youkai Girl on Koishi's stage... well, at least the Magus Night remix of Marisa was purely awesome. :V
I'm eager to listen to Cosmic Mind myself, but of course I would like to hear the others too. Actually, it would be nice if they make a new theme for some characters.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:27:06 PM by monhan »

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #1235 on: May 21, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »
@ToyoRai: I imagine the conversation was something like Byakuren asking if Koishi if she wanted to join the temple, and after a back and forth of getting nowhere, Byakuren, strongly implied, that Koishi already wanted to join the temple, at which point Koishi, having no actual opinions of her own accepted the outside suggestion, and went along with Byakuren.
My thought on the layperson thing, where else is Koishi honestly living? Along with the slight foul play I just accused Byakuren of, she probably also added that Koishi lives at the Myouren Temple. Koishi, following the same logic as above, agreed.
I dunno, I don't want Koishi to be a Buddhist or anything really. Her story (as I know it) is bittersweet and wrapped up nicely, but I'll try to keep an open mind (also Byakuren might not be as bad as I'm making her out to be).

It makes sense that of all people in SA she'd be involved then.
Okuu has a god inside of her. Maybe she needs to gather faith too... or does she (seriously, have you noticed that the Yaggaratsu in Okuu is a god with seemingly no worshipers, and yet is constantly powering the fires of hell).

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #1236 on: May 21, 2013, 05:48:44 PM »
After the Mamizou news broke out, the Chinese group has had their programmer look into the Comiket demo. It's legit.

Do you remember Unabara's answer re:  Mamizou? It might be a pun. It will usually be understood as  "She is in [your] heart". But since the first character in Shinkirou is "heart", by Japanese Touhou fandom convention where game names are often shortened to this first character, it can also mean "she is in HM".
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #1237 on: May 21, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »
Is honestly no one considering the possibility of a character not getting a remix, but an entirely new song instead?

I am really excited to hear anything new. I like all the music, but I would love a new themesong for a character even more, especially when it's nice to hear to as well.

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #1238 on: May 21, 2013, 05:57:59 PM »
Do you remember Unabara's answer re:  Mamizou? It might be a pun. It will usually be understood as  "She is in [your] heart". But since the first character in Shinkirou is "heart", by Japanese Touhou fandom convention where game names are often shortened to this first character, it can also mean "she is in HM".

Interesting. "She is in your heart".

東方綺楼.

I see what he did there...

Is honestly no one considering the possibility of a character not getting a remix, but an entirely new song instead?

I am really excited to hear anything new. I like all the music, but I would love a new themesong for a character even more, especially when it's nice to hear to as well.

Personally I'm looking forward to the new pre-battle themes, as well as remixes, of course.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:01:58 PM by ★Drizzly Magician★ »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #1239 on: May 21, 2013, 05:58:49 PM »

If Mamizou is possibly a boss character, maybe she will get a new theme, just like Yukari.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #1240 on: May 21, 2013, 06:04:49 PM »
Wait. Things are getting confusing for me. So, does that mean Mamizou is actually the girl in the Silhouette or am I getting stuff wrong?

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #1241 on: May 21, 2013, 06:06:55 PM »
Wait. Things are getting confusing for me. So, does that mean Mamizou is actually the girl in the Silhouette or am I getting stuff wrong?
Nah, we are speculating whether she is the penultimate boss (like Yukari was to Suika) due to her not being revealed yet.
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #1242 on: May 21, 2013, 06:08:34 PM »

I think the jury's still out on the silhouette - a brand new character would be the likelier contender, considering Touhou tradition - but I wouldn't rule out Mamizou, no.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:19:56 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #1243 on: May 21, 2013, 06:13:43 PM »

We just know she is in the game, but we also know there is a placholder for some boss. Different then Mamizou

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #1244 on: May 21, 2013, 06:26:08 PM »
Ah, okay. Now it's clear for me.

I'm glad that we will still get a new character apart from Mamizou. And looking forward for the latter's gimmicks... it will be funny to see the other characters with a Tanuki's tail and stuff, considering it's almost safe to say transformations will be included as well.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #1245 on: May 21, 2013, 06:49:30 PM »
That's... pretty hilarious that all this time the entire roster was right there in the first demo.

Koishi probably still lives at the palace of the earth spirit. She has pets there (that Satori gave to her in an attempt to open her heart again). I'd like to think Byakuren isn't so cruel/callous as to take her away from her pets.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #1246 on: May 21, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »
A touhou fighting game with no Patchouli means I'll have to find someone else to play. ;_;

Though in all seriousness, I really liked how Marisa plays in the demo. I think I'll like Byakuren too.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #1247 on: May 21, 2013, 06:51:19 PM »
 Okuu has a god inside of her. Maybe she needs to gather faith too... or does she (seriously, have you noticed that the Yaggaratsu in Okuu is a god with seemingly no worshipers, and yet is constantly powering the fires of hell).
Yatagarasu is a fairly important entity in Shinto, and therefore probably still has enough believers in the outside world. Note that gods like Amaterasu, Tuskuyomi and etc aren't show to go around gathering faith in Gensoukyou, either.

New theme songs would be awesome... but I really hope they don't replace "Futatsuiwa from Sado" or "Hartmann's Youkai Girl", I really love those.

That's... pretty hilarious that all this time the entire roster was right there in the first demo.

Koishi probably still lives at the palace of the earth spirit. She has pets there (that Satori gave to her in an attempt to open her heart again). I'd like to think Byakuren isn't so cruel/callous as to take her away from her pets.
Can Koishi even be contained like that? I mean, if it strikes her fancy she can simply disappear from everyone's sight for as long as she wants...
Anyway though, Byakuren doesn't seem like that kind of person that keeps close tabs on her followers. I mean, she had no idea all of them were doing very... un-buddhist things... on her back, after all.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #1248 on: May 21, 2013, 06:57:06 PM »
I'm glad that we will still get a new character apart from Mamizou. And looking forward for the latter's gimmicks... it will be funny to see the other characters with a Tanuki's tail and stuff, considering it's almost safe to say transformations will be included as well.

Not my work

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #1249 on: May 21, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »
Well, I found this out a while ago, but still, it's Koishi!
Also, no one else seems to be taking the potential avatar, so... yeah.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #1250 on: May 21, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
I didn't realize Meiling is a DLC character, not an on-disk character...

You didn't notice when you put the disc in your system? :V
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #1251 on: May 21, 2013, 07:04:25 PM »
And I figure that, just because, I should bring up the false and true Koishi pics in the same post.

False image...

True image...
here's her portrait

Any thoughts?

Also, Mamizou has become popular as of late, what with FS and all that, so I'm not exactly surprised that she would be in HM. Hell, I recall a meme about how ZUN favored Aya for a while, then Sanae, and then Cirno. Perhaps that trend has now continued with Mamizou. (Don't ask me where said meme came from, I simply recall that it was floating around the Internets like that, kitsu...)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:07:46 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1252 on: May 21, 2013, 07:24:46 PM »
I wonder which of her character designs Mamizou will use. I like them both, but I think I like her Forbidden Scrollery outfit more. If Tasofro really wants to impress me she'll have her Ten Desires outfit in the Buddhist and Toaist levels and her human disguise in the Shinto levels. :D
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #1253 on: May 21, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »
I recommend all of you make an offering to the Hakurei God that Tasofro goes with Mamizou's Forbidden Scrollery design rather than ZUN's awful, derptastic, clearly-made-when-hungover game design.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #1254 on: May 21, 2013, 07:29:31 PM »
I wonder which of her character designs Mamizou will use. I like them both, but I think I like her Forbidden Scrollery outfit more. If Tasofro really wants to impress me she'll have her Ten Desires outfit in the Buddhist and Toaist levels and her human disguise in the Shinto levels. :D

Huh, I never heard of FS before, but I am a bit behind in my touhou comics. Interesting that she keeps showing up in all of these. As for her look, the one in FS, the only one I see on the wiki, is her human disguse. Doesn't seem like something she would use,

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #1255 on: May 21, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »
I recommend all of you make an offering to the Hakurei God that Tasofro goes with Mamizou's Forbidden Scrollery design rather than ZUN's awful, derptastic, clearly-made-when-hungover game design.
And just think, all this could have been avoided if ZUN had made Kasen the extra stage boss of 10D. (Or even Byakuren, since he was considering them.)

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #1256 on: May 21, 2013, 07:33:18 PM »
Why can't we mix them together?
To be honest, I think I would prefer her Wilded and Horned Hermit design.

Edible

« Reply #1257 on: May 21, 2013, 07:41:23 PM »
If I had to guess based off the other designs in this game, she'll resemble her design in Symposium of Post-mysticism.

I suppose only time will tell, including if she's actually in the game.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1258 on: May 21, 2013, 07:43:49 PM »
And just think, all this could have been avoided if ZUN had made Kasen the extra stage boss of 10D.

I'm glad this didn't happen because I don't think I'd have it in me to shoot down Kasen. :C
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

« Reply #1259 on: May 21, 2013, 07:49:05 PM »
I'm glad this didn't happen because I don't think I'd have it in me to shoot down Kasen. :C

I'm sure you can only disarm her.