Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic  (Read 242434 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
« Reply #390 on: June 19, 2019, 10:52:58 PM »
>"I doubt you'd be able to breathe in Makai if you went there anyway. I couldn't even go there without a special magic bubble over my head. It is a beautiful place, though, if not tough. Plus there's the whole hierarchy and everything, and the bandits to worry about... Plus the whole situation going on right now with the rogue faction."
>Shrug
>"Anyway I wonder what happened to make people stop believing and such out there..."

[Going with Renko as a younger sister to Sumi because Maribel and Renko are usually stated to be 'near future' so I doubt there's much of a gap; especially as the Sealing Club would have to continue between Sumi leaving University and Renko joining]
//I also have a headcanon that Renko and Sumireko are siblings. lol

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #391 on: June 20, 2019, 01:15:38 AM »
// Well she didn't know about Makai before we talked about it so no heretic here
> Imagine a town somewhat larger than the human village with buildings tall enough to reach the sky and make a mental note of what we think it'd look like.  In case we see something like one or a picture of one later"
> "Can't let that happen here or in Makai!"
> In lower voice think aloud "Huh, if technology can make magic stop existing in a world I wonder if something else can recreate it... like reverse-technology!"
> Look back up at Sumireko
> "How exactly did *everyone* just stop believing in it?  That's like saying all Youkai and Humans just stopped eating meat!  Surely many would stick to what tastes best!  Surely there was someone pushing such a change, things as bad as that don't just happen"
> Feel our stomach as thinking about meat sure is appetizing

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2019, 06:32:33 PM »
>"But not human meat! I don't do that anymore."

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #393 on: June 21, 2019, 11:00:22 PM »

> "So you are saying there are other occult and hidden realms than Gensokyo and the Lunar Capital? I probobly shouldn't find a way there however. I caused a few... uh... issues when I first crossed over here. You guys call it an Incident. My dreaming is a result of that in fact.." the girl says somewhat sheepishly.

> " Well,right now you Dern more ready to make-up for that Incident by helping resolving one,the current one with the Makai Rogue Heretical Faction not only trying to invade Gensokyo but also trying to steal artifacts, items of magic and breaking the Barrier-Seal between Gensokyo and Makai...

> "...Oh ,in fact we were on our way to the Scarlet Devil Mansion to do&receive sort-of-reports about a couple recent ...violent developments and so...

> " ...of course unless you have more important stuff to check-out,how about you to accompany us there even if it is just to get better acquainted with Gensokyo?"
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #394 on: June 25, 2019, 10:15:01 PM »
>"I doubt you'd be able to breathe in Makai if you went there anyway. I couldn't even go there without a special magic bubble over my head. It is a beautiful place, though, if not tough. Plus there's the whole hierarchy and everything, and the bandits to worry about... Plus the whole situation going on right now with the rogue faction."
>Shrug
>"Anyway I wonder what happened to make people stop believing and such out there..."
//I also have a headcanon that Renko and Sumireko are siblings. lol

> "I mean, I'm not really in a physical form. This is some kind of astral projection that occurs when I sleep." the human states. "Sounds like trouble; but that's probably expected of daemons."

> "The faith of people changed from the occult to science. From fantasy to reality."

// Well she didn't know about Makai before we talked about it so no heretic here
> Imagine a town somewhat larger than the human village with buildings tall enough to reach the sky and make a mental note of what we think it'd look like.  In case we see something like one or a picture of one later"
> "Can't let that happen here or in Makai!"
> In lower voice think aloud "Huh, if technology can make magic stop existing in a world I wonder if something else can recreate it... like reverse-technology!"
> Look back up at Sumireko
> "How exactly did *everyone* just stop believing in it?  That's like saying all Youkai and Humans just stopped eating meat!  Surely many would stick to what tastes best!  Surely there was someone pushing such a change, things as bad as that don't just happen"
> Feel our stomach as thinking about meat sure is appetizing

> You try to imagine buildings that large. You think it would be even bigger than Pandemonium, and that was a castle of a Goddess...

> "Well; it happened over a long time, not overnight. From what I've been told; it was slow enough that places like Gensokyo were able to be created." Sumireko says. "I mean, I'm only 16; not over three-hundred. Humans don't even get close to living that long on a good life."

> The girl doesn't seem bothered by the mention of eating meat.

>"But not human meat! I don't do that anymore."

> "Well of course, or you'd probably have attacked a lone human floating in the air already. To no avail; of course. You can't eat my astral form. I hope."

> " Well,right now you Dern more ready to make-up for that Incident by helping resolving one,the current one with the Makai Rogue Heretical Faction not only trying to invade Gensokyo but also trying to steal artifacts, items of magic and breaking the Barrier-Seal between Gensokyo and Makai...

> "...Oh ,in fact we were on our way to the Scarlet Devil Mansion to do&receive sort-of-reports about a couple recent ...violent developments and so...

> " ...of course unless you have more important stuff to check-out,how about you to accompany us there even if it is just to get better acquainted with Gensokyo?"

> "Scarlet Mansion?" Sumireko asks.

> "I was hoping to meet up with Mokou for some advice about what to do on my end." Sumireko responds. "But Mokou isn't at her usual place."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #395 on: June 26, 2019, 02:34:57 AM »
//Have we met Mokou? I forget.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #396 on: June 26, 2019, 07:16:39 AM »
// I think Kaguya mentioned her

> This technology must be god-like in terms of power if it can make not one but multiple towns like that

> "So you're only a projection?  Have you ever thought of coming here permanently?  Seems to me that magic fascinates you more that anything, especially since you have an ability that you didn't have to learn, just like everyone here."

> "Why don't you come along with us, we're trying to find who's responsible so I'm sure we'll run into other people investigating"

Branneg Xy

« Reply #397 on: June 29, 2019, 03:43:58 AM »

> This technology must be god-like in terms of power if it can make not one but multiple towns like that

> "So you're only a projection?  Have you ever thought of coming here permanently?  Seems to me that magic fascinates you more that anything, especially since you have an ability that you didn't have to learn, just like everyone here."

> "Why don't you come along with us, we're trying to find who's responsible so I'm sure we'll run into other people investigating"

// "Fujiwara no Mokou" we have not met or known(though team-mates could know a bit) but she was mentioned at Eientei firstly by Eirin,interrupted by Kaguya,and then explained by Alice to be a possible source of Knowledge about Gensokyo's History (1st would be Yukari ,as it was spoken,but also Ran and Kasen would be fit ); Kaguya was remarking her displeasure at hearing about her //.

// Not that any of the characters ,Rumia's Group&Relations,know this but she was not "at her usual place" because  Keine sought&brought her out as main aid with the fire-attack aftermath at the Human Village&Security //.

>" And besides I do remember ,though someone in my group could know better, the  name "Fujwara no Mokou",even if Princess Kaguya disliked it,while we were at Eiente in The Bamboo Forest of the Lost,so you could have bigger chances to meet her ,in addition to traveling,getting-to-know,helping in incident resolving,in traveling with us for how long you like or need ; especially so if you are not finding her at her usual place and with Gensokyo half-troubled state"

> "Aaah,if it helps any, the Scarlet Mansion or Scarlet Devil Mansion is by the Misty Lake and (unless untrue and so not to mention)fairly close to Youkai Mountain"

> "But hey,Miss Sumireko,you were saying you have recently  encountered and deal with Heretic Makaians in Gensokyo ? Do you remember the place ?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #398 on: July 03, 2019, 08:38:10 PM »

> "I can't." Sumireko replies. "It caused some problems when I came over physically before. It's pretty hard for someone of the mordern world to cross over without causing problems."

> "It could be interesting..." the girl muses, seeming to have not made up her mind.

>" And besides I do remember ,though someone in my group could know better, the  name "Fujwara no Mokou",even if Princess Kaguya disliked it,while we were at Eiente in The Bamboo Forest of the Lost,so you could have bigger chances to meet her ,in addition to traveling,getting-to-know,helping in incident resolving,in traveling with us for how long you like or need ; especially so if you are not finding her at her usual place and with Gensokyo half-troubled state"

> "Aaah,if it helps any, the Scarlet Mansion or Scarlet Devil Mansion is by the Misty Lake and (unless untrue and so not to mention)fairly close to Youkai Mountain"

> "But hey,Miss Sumireko,you were saying you have recently  encountered and deal with Heretic Makaians in Gensokyo ? Do you remember the place ?"

> "I didn't meet any here, but there were some causing trouble in my world." she says. "Looking for things that could be useful. Most people didn't seem to even be able to see them... I put it down to a lack of magic. But they were causing trouble. I managed to shoo them off. They looked a bit like him, but in suits and female."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #399 on: July 03, 2019, 08:45:14 PM »
>"Yeah, that sounds like them alright... I guess they might be getting desperate if they're looking in the outside world of all places..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #400 on: July 04, 2019, 01:21:22 AM »
> "What kind of things were they thinking were useful?  For example here they were after a book, so they might also be after something similar there too"
> "Did they come out of some sort of portal or did they seem to just materialize into existence?"

Branneg Xy

« Reply #401 on: July 06, 2019, 04:39:57 PM »
> " Oh, now I am wondering if Koakuma ,over at the Mansion I was talking about,has more experience about what they do when hunting magical artifacts...".

>"Ah,you do not know Koakuma,so I can tell you she has reddish hair and does resembles the ones you encountered ,which are Female Koas like her,but she is the familiar of Patchouli Knowledge,the Youkai Magician of that Mansion and a denizen of it as well,making her practically a Gensokyan ".

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #402 on: July 09, 2019, 04:44:13 AM »
//Note: I will be on vacation for about a week. While I won't be completely gone my online presence will be rather limited so if this updates I'll probably be posting my actions very late into the day.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #403 on: July 10, 2019, 10:32:50 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I have been having issues even getting onto the site last few days, connection timeouts ect. And it's very slow when it does work.

///

>"Yeah, that sounds like them alright... I guess they might be getting desperate if they're looking in the outside world of all places..."

> "What kind of things were they thinking were useful?  For example here they were after a book, so they might also be after something similar there too"
> "Did they come out of some sort of portal or did they seem to just materialize into existence?"

> "They were actually specifically looking for a Grimoire, at least, they mentioned such a thing. I'd recon they just had no clue where it was. And probably didn't know how rare magic is on the outside." Sumireiko states.

> "I haven't seen them come in, but they did use a portal to leave. One of them opened one as they fled. It closed before I could follow, although if the place is toxic as you say, it's probably a good thing I didn't follow them with my physical self."

> " Oh, now I am wondering if Koakuma ,over at the Mansion I was talking about,has more experience about what they do when hunting magical artifacts...".

>"Ah,you do not know Koakuma,so I can tell you she has reddish hair and does resembles the ones you encountered ,which are Female Koas like her,but she is the familiar of Patchouli Knowledge,the Youkai Magician of that Mansion and a denizen of it as well,making her practically a Gensokyan ".

> "Well; perhaps asking her would be a good idea then. A native may know things most don't; even if she's been out f the loop for a while." Sumireiko states.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #404 on: July 11, 2019, 12:26:41 AM »
//On mobile and it's indeed extremely slow.

>"Speaking of natives, how are you holding up, Mayina?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #405 on: July 11, 2019, 08:28:25 AM »
// Yeah it is slow but it's usable, certificate errors have gone away too, hopefully we can go back to the usual pace now that everyone has access

> Come to think of it we don't really know of any abilities Mayina might have, could it be making portals?  Since pretty much everyone has some form of an ability he must have something

> See if we can telepathically trigger the communication doll so we can let Alice know about this without anyone noticing

> "So they went all the way to the outside world to look for the Grimoire ... that's dedication!"

> We're sort of repeating her answer but this time with the doll active so Alice hears it, after we say that break the connection

// Check EXP needed to level up Rumia's totally existant espionage skill

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #406 on: July 11, 2019, 08:49:12 PM »
//
I was outright getting timeouts because it was taking so long. Seems better today however
//

>"Speaking of natives, how are you holding up, Mayina?"

> The daemon grunts, and doesn't give a verbal response.

> Come to think of it we don't really know of any abilities Mayina might have, could it be making portals?  Since pretty much everyone has some form of an ability he must have something

> See if we can telepathically trigger the communication doll so we can let Alice know about this without anyone noticing

> "So they went all the way to the outside world to look for the Grimoire ... that's dedication!"

> We're sort of repeating her answer but this time with the doll active so Alice hears it, after we say that break the connection

// Check EXP needed to level up Rumia's totally existant espionage skill

> You consider the fact that Mayina's ability may involve portals. That said; Sumi said the deamons in her world made a portal too. But powers don't have to be unique... and hey; that Okina person can make portals with doors.

> You attempt to trigger to doll telepathically, but this dosen't work. It needs magic to activate.

> "Breaking into this dimension normally is child's play." Mayina remarks. "Breaking into this bubble that is Gensokyo is the real feat."

> You activate the doll with a small amount of magic so Alice hears your statement and Mayina's.

> Espionage is listed as a skill; but it's at Lv -; it's outside your class; so takes an inordinate amount of XP to level. Your class being 'Darkness Youkai'.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #407 on: July 12, 2019, 12:07:11 AM »
> Huh, maybe portals are indeed his ability, considering he proudly managed to get past a barrier many others failed to...

> Nod to Mayina in understanding

> "Well then, want to come with us and talk to miss Scarlet about her encounter with another vampire?  I'm sure you don't get to hear many vampire stories over there!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #408 on: July 12, 2019, 09:12:46 PM »
> Huh, maybe portals are indeed his ability, considering he proudly managed to get past a barrier many others failed to...

> Nod to Mayina in understanding

> "Well then, want to come with us and talk to miss Scarlet about her encounter with another vampire?  I'm sure you don't get to hear many vampire stories over there!"

> Mayina looks a little surprised by your response for a moment.

> "A Vampire's mansion dosen't seem like a place a human should be going... but I'm not in the flesh so..." Sumireko muses, before nodding.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #409 on: July 12, 2019, 10:09:56 PM »
> "They're nice people, we were playing tag with her little sister earlier!"

> Only say the following if we know about the Vampire Incident or know that the SDM residents are foreigners
> "I've heard that they were originally from the outside world too, maybe you'll be interested in asking them about how the outside world was when they left and they might want to know how it looks now"

> Say this in a gossipy tone, like Aya when she knows an especially scandalous story
> "Besides aren't you curious to meet the residents of the very fancy mansion at the far side of the lake?" Point towards the Scarlet Mansion
> "Its one-of-a-kind here in Gensokyo!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #410 on: July 13, 2019, 01:20:46 AM »
>Do we know about the prismriver mansion? It is also near the misty lake.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #411 on: July 13, 2019, 06:42:18 PM »
> "They're nice people, we were playing tag with her little sister earlier!"

> Only say the following if we know about the Vampire Incident or know that the SDM residents are foreigners
> "I've heard that they were originally from the outside world too, maybe you'll be interested in asking them about how the outside world was when they left and they might want to know how it looks now"

> Say this in a gossipy tone, like Aya when she knows an especially scandalous story
> "Besides aren't you curious to meet the residents of the very fancy mansion at the far side of the lake?" Point towards the Scarlet Mansion
> "Its one-of-a-kind here in Gensokyo!"

> "I suppose that was during the night. It seems a little odd that Vampires would play tag..."

> It's quite well known that the SDM crew are from outside, the thing did randomly turn up on the Misty Lake one day; and you and Cirno got beat up by Reimu during that incident...

> You would point towards the SDM, but you're not even in sight of the Lake, let alone the mansion.

> "I never said I wouldn't go." the human says. "Although if I were here in the flesh I'd probably not risk it."

>Do we know about the prismriver mansion? It is also near the misty lake.

> You do not know of it.

// [It's hidden in the woods, and to an outsider would look like a disused building. The sisters don't look after it, and if anything make it worse due to their Poltergeist antics.]

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #412 on: July 13, 2019, 06:50:59 PM »
>"Well it was the younger sister, Flandre, who wanted to play tag. Both the resident vampires look like kids, but Flan acts closer to her physical age."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #413 on: July 13, 2019, 10:31:48 PM »
> Start heading towards the mansion, seeing if Sumireko follows

> If she doesn't seem to be following say something between the lines of "Are ya coming?" and "Its this way" (while pointing towards where we want her to go)

> While on the way lets check out the doll a bit more in depth
> Instead of holding it levitate it using a small barrier from now on so it looks like its hovering right in front of us
> Try and make it wave its hand once using tiny ring barriers

> Remember to later ask Alice if she could sense on her side the movements the doll made (Like if movement is also connected or its just sound)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #414 on: July 14, 2019, 09:18:04 PM »
>"Well it was the younger sister, Flandre, who wanted to play tag. Both the resident vampires look like kids, but Flan acts closer to her physical age."

> "Sister Vampires huh?" Sumireko muses, before she seems to recall something.

> "I think they appeared in those nightmares I had a while ago... that said, a lot of Gensokyians did."

> Start heading towards the mansion, seeing if Sumireko follows

> If she doesn't seem to be following say something between the lines of "Are ya coming?" and "Its this way" (while pointing towards where we want her to go)

> While on the way lets check out the doll a bit more in depth
> Instead of holding it levitate it using a small barrier from now on so it looks like its hovering right in front of us
> Try and make it wave its hand once using tiny ring barriers

> Remember to later ask Alice if she could sense on her side the movements the doll made (Like if movement is also connected or its just sound)

> The human is following.

> You attempt to make a barrier around the doll successfully, but when you try and make smaller ones to manipulate it, you can't. It's too precise work. You simply can't make, let alone move, barriers that small. You're afraid doing so would break the doll instead.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #415 on: July 14, 2019, 11:22:00 PM »
> Alright, leave the precise movements for now and just keep it floating near us with the barrier

> Do we have the ability to choose between focusing normal and darkness magic on things like the doll?  Kind of like creating regular and darkness danmaku and lasers.

> "Nightmares?  With various Gensokyans?"
> Feel the urge and make a motion to ask if we were in them but don't actually ask

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #416 on: July 16, 2019, 08:37:38 PM »
> Alright, leave the precise movements for now and just keep it floating near us with the barrier

> Do we have the ability to choose between focusing normal and darkness magic on things like the doll?  Kind of like creating regular and darkness danmaku and lasers.

> "Nightmares?  With various Gensokyans?"
> Feel the urge and make a motion to ask if we were in them but don't actually ask

> "Yes; I think it was a Baku getting some revenge for some trouble I inadvertently caused her or something." the human says.

// I'm not actually sure about the specifics of your question here. Your Darkness is your ability, not really a magic spell or anything.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #417 on: July 16, 2019, 09:50:43 PM »
> Specifically activating the doll while darkening our magic?  Like how we can darken objects, create darkness danmaku etc but darkening the magical energy itself.  So that the doll still activates but Alice knows something's different or 'opposite'

> Ask "What's a Baku?" While tilting our head like a curious child

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2019, 07:23:22 PM »
> Specifically activating the doll while darkening our magic?  Like how we can darken objects, create darkness danmaku etc but darkening the magical energy itself.  So that the doll still activates but Alice knows something's different or 'opposite'

> Ask "What's a Baku?" While tilting our head like a curious child

> You attempt to do this, but nothing seems different. Alice said it specifically runs on your magic, so it probably doesn't matter how you use your magic.

> "Dream Creature." Sumireko says. "Apparently there's some kind of dream world."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #419 on: July 17, 2019, 07:30:56 PM »
>"Dream world, huh...? You don't think Makai's going to be invading our dreams too, do you?"