Author Topic: New official manga announced, "Forbidden Scrollery"  (Read 87950 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: New official manga announced, "Forbidden Scrollery"
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »
H-hey. A sealed youkai?

D-do you think?

Do you think she might be coming back?

Y-you know...

Kikuri?

All joking aside, I'm expecting great things from this manga. I already like Kosuzu. :3
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2012, 04:12:45 PM »
H-hey. A sealed youkai?

D-do you think?

Do you think she might be coming back?

Y-you know...

Kikuri?

All joking aside, I'm expecting great things from this manga. I already like Kosuzu. :3
Yes!  Orange is coming back!  She's sealed away by Reimu after all.

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2012, 05:53:02 AM »
Wait ... "sealed away" ... "houjuu" ... OF COURSE IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! Nue is Orange!!

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2012, 11:55:45 AM »
When they sealed away, maybe they're referring to how most PC-98 characters just *poofed* out of existence. Maybe they plan on bringing a lot of them back? :o That would make me very happy in so many ways. That would this the BEST touhou related literature known to man        *(IMO)
I finally got ahead!

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2012, 12:24:12 PM »
Suzunaan has an electrical lamp hanging from the roof. Human village confirmed to have electricity.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »
Suzunaan has an electrical lamp hanging from the roof. Human village confirmed to have electricity.
Hugh, that's kinda lame.
Is only breaking news supposed to go into this thread or is this also a discussion thread for the manga? 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:48:08 PM by Imosa »

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2012, 05:41:36 AM »

Akyu has a record player, although admittingly I'm not completely sure how canon that was.

Patchouli also has lamps in the library, but admittingly they could have been magically powered.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2012, 06:12:43 AM »
Hugh, that's kinda lame.
Is only breaking news supposed to go into this thread or is this also a discussion thread for the manga?

Only if you don't consider the aspect of the fact that electric lamps may be functioning in the human village thanks to the power network that most likely had been established thanks to the Moriya Shrine, the kappa, and the Utusho creating a power soruce that I guess by now has reached the human village.

Still, they're probably a rare thing though, since most modern products like that don't make it to Gensokyo very easily. Though there's always the kappa. Just another example of Gensokyo slowly adopting some modern influences that would otherwise be kept away from it. And to think, the Moriya Shrine and most of youkai Mountain achieved this in 4 years.

As for what this thread is... It's BOTH! Mostly to discuss the manga in general though.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2012, 05:21:57 AM »
Kosuzu's cheerful attitude when Reimu came around...is it just me, or did that seem like she was faking? To avoid having Reimu take the books, probably. She didn't pick the safest of hobbies, did she?

Drake

« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2012, 07:04:04 AM »
Pff, as if Reimu reads.

I don't think the attitude is faked. Her attitude throughout the chapter never changed, and it isn't like she hid anything from them. She is probably depending on Reimu for when something goes wrong though, I think she already knows she's going to start something. The book with butterflies coming out of it clearly is the hinting factor so far.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2012, 09:19:24 AM »
Reimu is very good at cultural stuff and youkai knowledge, so she would be your go to girl for your youkai problems.

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2012, 08:43:56 PM »
Kosuzu's cheerful attitude when Reimu came around...is it just me, or did that seem like she was faking? To avoid having Reimu take the books, probably. She didn't pick the safest of hobbies, did she?

I view it as if she has a "sales smile" on whenever she's interacting with others. That doesn't necessarily mean she's hiding anything, but she's also faking her cheerfulness. You can see when she's reading the books that her true smile is a bit different.

Drake

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2012, 11:50:46 PM »
And then Kosuzu became the Alice.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

cuc

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2012, 12:25:57 AM »
This is important news, but isn't worth its own thread.

According to an editor's twitter (and Amazon's listing), the November issue of the Chara★Mel Febri manga magazine has been delayed to Dec 10. This means we'll have to wait a few more days for another chapter of WaHH.

Source:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/computer/41116/1347151219/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:36:31 AM by cuc »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2012, 12:06:04 PM »
This is important news, but isn't worth its own thread.

According to an editor's twitter (and Amazon's listing), the November issue of the Chara★Mel Febri manga magazine has been delayed to Dec 10. This means we'll have to wait a few more days for another chapter of WaHH.

Source:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/computer/41116/1347151219/
Anything on Forbidden Scrollery? I don't know the schedule for that.

cuc

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2012, 12:59:13 PM »
At this moment, we are still not 100% sure whether Forbidden Scrollery is published every month or every other month (the Comp Ace magazine itself is a monthly, but its previous Touhou manga, Touhou Sangetsusei ~ Oriental Sacred Place, is published every other month). We may soon know the answer when this month's Comp Ace comes out in a few days.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2012, 10:04:36 AM »
I don't think the attitude is faked. Her attitude throughout the chapter never changed, and it isn't like she hid anything from them. She is probably depending on Reimu for when something goes wrong though, I think she already knows she's going to start something. The book with butterflies coming out of it clearly is the hinting factor so far.

And I hope she does!

Spoiler:
Actually, if Kosuzu were to summon some elder god youkai from that necronomicon, especially if she intentionally does so, she maaaaay be skyrocketing to favorite-character-tier somethin' real fast.

Kami-sama!

• All hail the great Kami-sama!
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »
And I hope she does!

Spoiler:
Actually, if Kosuzu were to summon some elder god youkai from that necronomicon, especially if she intentionally does so, she maaaaay be skyrocketing to favorite-character-tier somethin' real fast.

Spoiler:
Yeah, she would be shooting up on my character ranks if that were to happen because I just LOVE characters that are seemingly innocent but then does something evil intentionally

cuc

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2012, 04:41:11 PM »
Chapter 2 spoilers are coming out.

FS will be published every month for the first few chapters, and then every other month, as revealed in one of ZUN's earlier web broadcasts.

Imosa

« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »
I'm doing a little nit picking and wanted to ask some things about chapter 1 page 1. First of all does anyone know what is on the left margin? Second, panel 3, I think this panel is supposed to show us Akyuu's reaction but I have no idea what her reaction is. Is she surprised? If so why? Also is she saying what's in the speech bubble? Third, panel 4, is my translation weird or is Akyuu growling. Mine says "GRR". Wha- Why? If she's surprised in panel 3 how is she now... angry to the point of growling?

cuc

« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2012, 02:26:05 AM »
By "page 1", you mean the first black & white page.

>Left margin
In Japanese manga magazines, the margins are always used for miscellaneous info. In this case, it has nothing to do with Touhou.

>Akyuu's reaction in Panel 3
Her surprise is... obvious?

>Panel 4
Akyuu is making a "Mmmm..." sound in the original Japanese. She's searching for words to say.

Imosa

« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
By "page 1", you mean the first black & white page.

>Left margin
In Japanese manga magazines, the margins are always used for miscellaneous info. In this case, it has nothing to do with Touhou.

>Akyuu's reaction in Panel 3
Her surprise is... obvious?

>Panel 4
Akyuu is making a "Mmmm..." sound in the original Japanese. She's searching for words to say.
Ugh, not sure what the page actually is but you seemed to have gotten it. Does anyone know what the left margin says? I'm just curious.
Thanks for the help. I guessed it was surprise but I dunno. I guess I over thought the panel. "Anime character have big eyes anyway so how do you show surprise?"

cuc

« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2012, 01:03:29 AM »
OK, the left margin.
Next issue:
Comp Ace, 2013  Jan
Cover and replaceable cover art from "Prism Ilya" (anime adaptation in progress)!
Also in next issue: PlayStation Vita sticker; SNS code for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha!
Release date: November 26
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:11:27 AM by cuc »

« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2012, 05:23:38 AM »
I'm doing a little nit picking and wanted to ask some things about chapter 1 page 1. First of all does anyone know what is on the left margin? Second, panel 3, I think this panel is supposed to show us Akyuu's reaction but I have no idea what her reaction is. Is she surprised? If so why? Also is she saying what's in the speech bubble? Third, panel 4, is my translation weird or is Akyuu growling. Mine says "GRR". Wha- Why? If she's surprised in panel 3 how is she now... angry to the point of growling?

Maybe growling is a bit much, but the basic idea is that she's annoyed at Marisa for changing her tone. Marisa starts out by apologizing for bumping into her, but switches to "oh, it's just you" when she realizes who it is. No one likes being called "just you". The whole exchange implies that Marisa doesn't think she's worthy of respect. This is brought up again later in the chapter when Kosuzu does the same thing. The other translation put "Humph" there. The basic idea is that she's making an annoyed pouting sound.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2012, 05:03:52 AM »
Any comments on the new chapter?

It's nice to see appearances of other characters and not just the usual main cast!

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »
Any comments on the new chapter?

It's nice to see appearances of other characters and not just the usual main cast!
Spoiler:
All I can say is, goddammit Marisa being Marisa and Reimu being Reimu :V

Best part was Marisa just dumping a bucket of water on Reimu

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »
Spoiler:
That was a good chapter.  The art's really really cute.  I like Akyuu's medium-length hair and Reimu's cold weather boots.  Also I think this might be the first time we've seen Reimu without her hair loopies and ribbon in canon.  Has this happened before?

Did Marisa use Kisume's bucket to douse Reimu with water?  Reimu's face was pretty priceless there.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2012, 02:47:45 PM »
Spoiler:
It looks like the smoke thing is currently possessing Reimu, like the kami did in Silent Sinner in Blue.  But Reimu didn't notice it, so maybe it's just hiding her in clothes.  I'd speculate that since she was so cold, she wanted to get warmed up, and having an anti-Cirno around/inside her seems like a good deal, right up until people think she's actually on fire, of course.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2012, 04:24:22 AM »
Spoiler:
It looks like the smoke thing is currently possessing Reimu, like the kami did in Silent Sinner in Blue.  But Reimu didn't notice it, so maybe it's just hiding her in clothes.  I'd speculate that since she was so cold, she wanted to get warmed up, and having an anti-Cirno around/inside her seems like a good deal, right up until people think she's actually on fire, of course.
Spoiler:
The three fairies were hiding (badly) behind some big leaves outside the shrine. They might just be conjuring the illusion of smoke to pull a prank. iirc there's not been anything but a visual of smoke, which would be completely realistic for Sunny Milk to pull off.

Spoiler:
Kosuzu does make it sound like the smoke might actually be something, though. Of course... the fairies might have just been inspired by it and done their own little thing on the side. Heheh, troublesome buggers :3 Not impossible they were just watching on the sidelines with interest, though.

Also, I have no idea what all the japanese symbols around the smoke in some panels are supposed to mean D:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 04:37:59 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2012, 05:52:29 AM »
Also, I have no idea what all the japanese symbols around the smoke in some panels are supposed to mean D:

It's just sound effects. byuu, mokumokumoku, gugu, suuu, mukumukumuku, byooo, zozozo, gogogo, and the likes.