Author Topic: Danmakufu Scripts by Zino  (Read 3849 times)

Danmakufu Scripts by Zino
« on: April 08, 2018, 04:01:14 AM »
So I started scripting on March 10, 2018, and in this topic I'm going to post some danmakufu scripts made by me.
I would love to see some criticism about my work.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 01:59:16 AM by Zinochan »

Re: Danmakufu Scripts by Zino
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:14:23 AM »
I played your Aya script and in general it's okay. I usually don't give feedback on people's scripts so there isn't much I can base my judgement on but here's my feedback:

-Nonspell 1: It's very basic and consists of one phase. While that is okay and does the job of a nonspell, I would prefer to see more uniqueness and more thought being put into the nonspell. The Random bullets can be made by anyone and isn't very original. I'd like to see how you could incorporate more things and different patterns. It's okay to use random but the nonspell gets very boring and dull after the first three seconds and it's basic dodging with nothing special.
      -Spell 1: I like the concept of the spell, especially the speed. However, the first time I played it, I ran into a bullet because I was unaware of my change in speed. I would suggest adding something prior to it to show the player that their speed has changed. A special effect like a graphic or letting the player move around for a few seconds would work fine. The main issue is how unaware the player is of the speed change, especially if it's their first time playing the script and you don't want to have the potential to cheap shot them by accident. The spell itself is okay. The circle rings are fine but I wish there was another phase than aya just shooting rings. However, it's a pretty good spell.

-Nonspell 2: Definitely much better than the first. It seems like the aim of the rings are based on the player's angle but I'm not entirely sure. I did get walled a few times but it's definitely much better than the previous nonspell.
      -Spell 2: Nice concept however it gets boring easily. The bullet arrows that reflect from the left side of the screen are what really annoyed me and made me dislike this spellcard. It seems it has to do with the speed of the bullets and that's hard enough. I'm sure it's possible to capture it but I personally did not like this spell.

-Nonspell 3: I like the first part of the spell where Aya is surrounded by the ring bullets, really nice effect. However, the downside comes right after. Being unaware of the speed of the ring bullets being thrown and what is coming up next is an extremely easy way to cheap shot the player. That's my biggest problem. The spell is easy afterwards as you already expect the highspeed circles. However, the first time was a guaranteed death and that's never a good thing.
      -Spell 3: Nice concept, horrible execution. I could not find any way to possible capture this spell, nor figure out how to damage the boss. Timing it out would be the only solution or just spam bombing. I guess it might be possible to capture with Reimu A or Marisa C or maybe Marisa A with the right location of her options. However, I doubt even that would be possible since you would have to dodge the entire mess of bullets. The left side seems to be theoretically possible to dodge under the right circumstances. It's a nice concept but its execution isn't the best.

-Spell 4:  A good timeout spell to begin with. It's not very long and the concept is simple yet great. Although, I wish to see Aya throw different bullets instead of just red circles. Or change the color of the bullets. This spell has tons of potential and I wished to see more of this.

Overall, it's an okay script especially for it to be your first. I would just keep in mind to make the script around the player and not cheap shot them occasionally.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 02:49:14 AM »
First thing to say, thank you very much for the feedback. :D
I'll do a version 1.1 with changes based in this feedback.
I played your Aya script and in general it's okay. I usually don't give feedback on people's scripts so there isn't much I can base my judgement on but here's my feedback:

-Nonspell 1: It's very basic and consists of one phase. While that is okay and does the job of a nonspell, I would prefer to see more uniqueness and more thought being put into the nonspell. The Random bullets can be made by anyone and isn't very original. I'd like to see how you could incorporate more things and different patterns. It's okay to use random but the nonspell gets very boring and dull after the first three seconds and it's basic dodging with nothing special.
It's bad, I know, this is where I struggled the most with :blush:. I couldn't think a good pattern for Aya :colonveeplusalpha:. I was just there, with my mind in blank.
This nonspell will be completely reworked to match Aya, or at least look good.
-Spell 1: I like the concept of the spell, especially the speed. However, the first time I played it, I ran into a bullet because I was unaware of my change in speed. I would suggest adding something prior to it to show the player that their speed has changed. A special effect like a graphic or letting the player move around for a few seconds would work fine. The main issue is how unaware the player is of the speed change, especially if it's their first time playing the script and you don't want to have the potential to cheap shot them by accident. The spell itself is okay. The circle rings are fine but I wish there was another phase than aya just shooting rings. However, it's a pretty good spell.
This is my favorite spell. I just wanted to suprise people with the burst of speed, I didn't think that I would do cheap-shotting or anything like this.
Name changed to match more the spell, and effect added.
-Nonspell 2: Definitely much better than the first. It seems like the aim of the rings are based on the player's angle but I'm not entirely sure. I did get walled a few times but it's definitely much better than the previous nonspell.
The ring's angle is completely random.
-Spell 2: Nice concept however it gets boring easily. The bullet arrows that reflect from the left side of the screen are what really annoyed me and made me dislike this spellcard. It seems it has to do with the speed of the bullets and that's hard enough. I'm sure it's possible to capture it but I personally did not like this spell.
I should get this spell a better pattern, since the idea behind it is just a copy of Macroburst of the Tengu,it should have a originality aspect.
New pattern added, old pattern nerfed.
-Nonspell 3: I like the first part of the spell where Aya is surrounded by the ring bullets, really nice effect. However, the downside comes right after. Being unaware of the speed of the ring bullets being thrown and what is coming up next is an extremely easy way to cheap shot the player. That's my biggest problem. The spell is easy afterwards as you already expect the highspeed circles. However, the first time was a guaranteed death and that's never a good thing.
My original idea was that the player should rely on their reflexes  and just dodge, but that's basically cheap-shotting, it could have a indicator, showing that something is going to hit him.
Delay laser added to show the player where the shot is going to be.
-Spell 3: Nice concept, horrible execution. I could not find any way to possible capture this spell, nor figure out how to damage the boss. Timing it out would be the only solution or just spam bombing. I guess it might be possible to capture with Reimu A or Marisa C or maybe Marisa A with the right location of her options. However, I doubt even that would be possible since you would have to dodge the entire mess of bullets. The left side seems to be theoretically possible to dodge under the right circumstances. It's a nice concept but its execution isn't the best.
I can't say much about this, just the changes.
Changed places with Spell 2, is now a survival, time decreased.
-Spell 4:  A good timeout spell to begin with. It's not very long and the concept is simple yet great. Although, I wish to see Aya throw different bullets instead of just red circles. Or change the color of the bullets. This spell has tons of potential and I wished to see more of this.
I thought that people was just going to say this is a poor Illusionary Dominance, but seeing it in another angle it changed a lot of aspects which made it a different spell, like time, pattern and speed.
Added new code to change color after every shot.
Overall, it's an okay script especially for it to be your first. I would just keep in mind to make the script around the player and not cheap shot them occasionally.
Ok, I've learned my lesson (After all, the player is the protagonist of the script).
(That was a HUGE post)

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 11:33:16 PM »
It tooked me some time but I finally finished it.
Now it's time for a update to the Aya script!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 01:13:10 AM by Tom »

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 02:01:08 AM »
Aya Shameimaru Boss Fight version 1.1 is now ready!!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 01:04:12 AM by Tom »