Author Topic: Custom Cutin script! ( 0.12m and ph3 )  (Read 17094 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Custom Cutin script! ( 0.12m and ph3 )
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:04:22 AM »
Description:
Have you desired to achieve cut-in styles for your spell cards? But the regular ones from EoSD/PCB were not enough? Well, now you can! This script will help you add 3 more types to your library: MoF, SA and UFO style. Please keep in mind that 0.12m and ph3 have different usage. Kindly make sure you read the documentation or post a question at Q&A section if the documentation didn't help you out. If you notice any bugs or mistakes, don't be afraid to point them out in this thread.

Update 12-01-2014: I've made a dirty conversion of my 0.12m version into ph3. Links have been updated.

Get them below here:
* ph3 version 1 - Download
* 0.12m version 3 - Download

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:48:51 AM by Helepolis »

Re: Experimental: Cutin script ( read carefully )
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »
This is awesome.

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 11:49:10 AM »
Hooray!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 01:37:22 PM »
With alot of help from Naut on IRC we managed to fix the img insertion problem.

However, this does not fully eliminate the old CutIn function. As cardbonus score + animation for the spellcard name is done in the CutIn aswell. Meaning people have to use the old CutIn to set the spellcard name and make the bonus appear and use the new cutin as extra function to create the MoF / SA / UFO  style.

EDIT:

v1 is now released. Test it out please.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 02:56:47 PM by Helepolis »

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
Re: Custom Cutin script! [ v1 ]
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 06:05:41 PM »
Wow! Really impressive.
I'm working on something similar too for my next stage release, but it's only one style.

Did you tried to immitate the hexagons that appears in the bottom right and upper left sides of the screen?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:15:03 PM by JohnnyWalker- »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 07:05:54 PM »
Wow! Really impressive.
I'm working on something similar too for my next stage release, but it's only one style.

Did you tried to immitate the hexagons that appears in the bottom left and upper right sides of the screen?

That kind of drawing I didn't attempted yet. I am wondering how I should spawn that Hexagon =/

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 10:45:29 PM »
You are the cutin god!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 10:43:02 AM »
Thank you all for the compliments, but like Walker said. It needs those Hexagon drawings, and I was crazy again to put myself into that. I managed to draw a nice Hexagon with the first layer with a fake texture, but rotating and placing the real texture is killing me.

<-->

Edit 1: Perhaps an akward method as I am spawning seperate rectangles forming together a hexagon. I am quite satisfied with the result so far. With some scaling I can probably spawn the inner 2nd and opposite moving direction hexagon.

Edit 2: Yay, I did it.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:36:08 PM by Helepolis »

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
Re: Custom Cutin script! [ v1 ] (working on v2)
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 01:06:53 PM »
Well, that looks really like the real touhou cutins. Very nice looking.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »
Yea, I angled the words correctly and counted the ammount of lines with Uwabami. The hexagon gave me quite some time to make.

I'll upload the new version when I am at home.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »
One minor thing i've noticed in the touhou games is that the textures on the triangles of original touhou games are mirrored. That's an easy thing to fix.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 07:12:26 PM »
Really nice, I'll be using this for sure when I make a full game. Only concern is that the lack of transparency might make the "spell card attack" text a bit more distracting than necessary, but that would simple to fix on my own. Good work :P

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »
Hmmm, I did add some transparancy myself. Also they are fading in and out. And not really disturbing the spellcard because it takes max 120 frames to animate it all ( which is almost similar to the original CutIn afaik )

Ofcourse people can modify the image file adding tat more transparancy as they please.

Version 2 uploaded.

Re: Custom Cutin script! [ v2 ]
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 02:05:23 AM »
ok i seem to be having a problem...when i try to run the script an error comes up and it shows the first 4 lines from your cutin and the only thing i can read is the [;] but those "L" brackets instead...any ideas on whats wrong ???

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Custom Cutin script! [ v2 ]
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 01:07:23 PM »
ok i seem to be having a problem...when i try to run the script an error comes up and it shows the first 4 lines from your cutin and the only thing i can read is the [;] but those "L" brackets instead...any ideas on whats wrong ???
- Have you correctly included the cutin.txt in your script as described in your spellcard?
- Check if you are loading the graphic correctly if you are using a variabel to load the graphic.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Custom Cutin script! ( version 3 )
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 06:39:51 PM »
Version 3.0 released like after ages. It is improved codewise and easier in use now. Enjoy.

AweStriker Nova

• Star Sign "Thunder Constellation"
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 03:07:40 AM »
If you figured out how to make a CtC styled cut-in, would you add that?

Drake

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 03:14:42 AM »
getting rid of some effects and changing the cutin movement would take so much extra effort rite

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 04:45:24 AM »
Rather than use the cutin function for a CtC style cut in, it'd probably be better just to make a new function cause it behaves so differently from ZUN cut ins. Something like ctcCutIn(text, image, left, top, right, bottom). Which I don't think anyone feels like doing. I bet if someone poked around CtC enough, they'd find the cut in function anyway.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 05:55:42 AM »
Rather than use the cutin function for a CtC style cut in, it'd probably be better just to make a new function cause it behaves so differently from ZUN cut ins. Something like ctcCutIn(text, image, left, top, right, bottom). Which I don't think anyone feels like doing. I bet if someone poked around CtC enough, they'd find the cut in function anyway.
after looking at CtC codes for about half an hour, I noticed that It uses multiple functions, each that leads to another set of functions to another set of functions, gonna have to look at it tomorrow when I have more time.

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 06:59:20 AM »
after looking at CtC codes

Rika's Garage: Home of Masochists

Also, why are you guys so adamant on copying what other people make? What is so wrong with using your skills to make something better? Fuck, not everything ZUN and danmaq make is perfect.

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
  • Oh, so this trial of guts is for ME?
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »
Fuck, not everything ZUN and danmaq make is perfect.

/gasp

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Custom Cutin script! ( 0.12m and ph3 )
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
I have searched RikaNitori, suspecting there was a ph3 version out there somewhere but I am not quite sure what happened to that post.

Just in case, I've been working my own game and hit the cutin script my self. I thought: "Hey, might as well make it public usable as well". Therefore for my own use and for yours, a dirty conversion has been made. I've tested the script in an isolated state and detected no errors, though you never know until someone else tried out.

Rejoice if you desired MoF, SA or UFO style cutins for your ph3 scripts. Now you easily can!

Download the ph3 version here.

--Hele

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 03:09:49 PM »
I have searched RikaNitori, suspecting there was a ph3 version out there somewhere but I am not quite sure what happened to that post.
GTbot made it and released it on Bulletforge, but... it's sort of hard to find and requires usage of SetAutoDeleteObject(true) in order for it to work.

Still, it's good to have more resources. Thanks for your hard work.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 07:37:48 AM »
"Sort of hard to find" isn't even correct when it isn't listed under his name as a release on bulletforge :V I can see player releases and such but no cutin.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
i unlisted it because it had some bugs and i never got around to fixing it since the code is so ridiculously messy

Also I don't know if this was just for me, but I couldn't open the archive with windows (it's invalid?)  but 7zip worked so its nothing major (just wanted to note this)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 02:10:44 PM »
I most likely failed the archiving. (I had resaved all downloads on my website from rar to zip using the wizzard, but apparently it failed) ((No I didn't plain rename :V))  Let me proper re-archive them as ZIP.

Edit: re-archived proper.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:14:47 PM by Helepolis »