Author Topic: Magical Madness Mafia 2, The Horrible Finish (Mod and Scum lose)  (Read 114315 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Magical Madness Mafia II, The Horrible Return (Day 2)
« Reply #420 on: October 03, 2012, 12:55:38 AM »
Yeah, this is Raitaki's third game here.  He was in Adorable Mafia and TD Mafia (4th if you count Kiva-la in Kamen Rider). 
Raikaria is pretty new too, but this is Chaotick's first game ever and he's not doing a great job right now

I'm unsure on lynching ActionDan but if nothing improves by tomorrow then I'll gladly join you.

« Reply #421 on: October 03, 2012, 01:06:11 AM »
Thanks for the info, Nameless.
I'm already making new friends~
I don't need you anymore, Shadoweh Oh, who am I kidding, of course I do. :ohdear:

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #422 on: October 03, 2012, 01:17:02 AM »
He obviously changed his mind after rereading. I'll get to the rest of this page and an explanation for IHNN in a bit. Chaotix and Zakeri can easily be scum together as well as individually.
Conq you can't reread past role-related reasons. It's still nonsensical to go from 'read posts and will love forever' to 'DIE THE DEATH THE EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH'. I seriously want to know why Bard is pretty much ignoring everything he said before even in his explanation about why Zakeri = hate. Keep in mind that I think Zakeri looks scummy on his own, as obviously do a number of people. It's opportunistic to change your mind about a clear that you have 'evidence' for like that.

It's true that Dan's claim has pretty much been the only thing he's done this game. We're getting close to the point where if he's gonna get lynched it needs to be sooneer then later: I think with these numbers even tomorrow might set off the numbers too far. Dan, what do you think about taking one for the team today?

Zakky-chan you will always need me O_O I am the power of friendship and heart of the cards. Did your exchange with Bard change your read on him at all?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #423 on: October 03, 2012, 02:20:59 AM »
It's true that Dan's claim has pretty much been the only thing he's done this game. We're getting close to the point where if he's gonna get lynched it needs to be sooneer then later: I think with these numbers even tomorrow might set off the numbers too far. Dan, what do you think about taking one for the team today?

Sure, why not?

##Vote: ActionDan

Don't lynch me.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #424 on: October 03, 2012, 02:34:58 AM »
I don't know what to think about ActionDan's self-vote.

I would much rather lynch someone with a higher chance of being scum oh who am I kidding ActionDan deserves to be lynched off of content unless someone can unequivocally clear him.
Which I doubt (it'd be awesome if a tracker or someone caught him leaving last night though because that's not a screw-with-able result: right?)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #425 on: October 03, 2012, 02:41:10 AM »
You might notice I didn't move my vote that post.
That's because though I can't condone an ActionDan lynch, I would still rather lynch Raitaki as I think he'll more likely flip scum unless someone more familiar with ActionDan can essentially prove he would never self-vote as town.

Basically I'm confused (and kind of mad because I got proofcalled in an Ape Escape race where I didn't even PB)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #426 on: October 03, 2012, 04:02:15 AM »
Conq you can't reread past role-related reasons. It's still nonsensical to go from 'read posts and will love forever' to 'DIE THE DEATH THE EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH'. I seriously want to know why Bard is pretty much ignoring everything he said before even in his explanation about why Zakeri = hate. Keep in mind that I think Zakeri looks scummy on his own, as obviously do a number of people. It's opportunistic to change your mind about a clear that you have 'evidence' for like that.

I read over his posts without thinking much and then didn't think much of my role. Then I re-read my PMs and realised the knife cuts both sides, and reread them in more detail and realised that if I thought about it it stinks. It's not like my role said, "Zakeri is Town!", and you already saw I voted Zakeri for it earlier today because I was sure at the time it pointed to him being Scum.

That's still possible. It's just ambiguous.

Also: ActionDan self-vote.  :getdown:

« Reply #427 on: October 03, 2012, 04:20:36 AM »
The Sixteenth Votecount - i think this is actually the name of a song from seacats or something

Raitaki (3) - Zakeri, SirChaotick, IHNN
Zakeri (3) - Raitaki, Bardiche, Conq
SirChaotick (2) - Hero999, Shadoweh
ActionDan (1) - ActionDan
Bardiche (1) - Serela
Serela (1) - Raikaria

Not Voting - DrRawr

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

|||||||||||||||||||| 39%

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #428 on: October 03, 2012, 04:38:08 AM »
Shadoweh, you seem to be angered at me for not adressing the criticisms in your post.

I have a defence and it has already been posted: my reads are crap. Ta-dah. Instead of attempting to nitpick on your arguments to draw away attention from that fact, I thought it more productive to re-read the entire thread and come up with a verdict on the Raitaki-Zakeri debate. It has been noted that I have readily mentioned that fact, yet you demand to see me squabble in vain anyway.

ActionDan

« Reply #429 on: October 03, 2012, 05:21:12 AM »
Shadoweh, you seem to be angered at me for not adressing the criticisms in your post.

I have a defence and it has already been posted: my reads are crap. Ta-dah. Instead of attempting to nitpick on your arguments to draw away attention from that fact, I thought it more productive to re-read the entire thread and come up with a verdict on the Raitaki-Zakeri debate. It has been noted that I have readily mentioned that fact, yet you demand to see me squabble in vain anyway.

I don't think I have ever had someone say this about their reads so directly.

maybe "I should re-adjust my reads" but not "the reads I have/had are bad when I made them and I knew it".  (I italized what I'm reading in context) I can't think of a situation anyone would so disparage their own opinion unless only because they were scum playing to the crowd for sympathy.

If I weren't clearly a thrid-party jester I'd probably vote you for that.

@Conq 

you are too smart for your own good.

However I think I'll entertain this explanation:

The way the IHNN's flavor was implicit in terms of his role made me feel obligated to produce the same effect (as I had promised), as it was truthful in terms of how flavor affected my role.  similarly, beloved princess isn't that horrible to claim early, since I know my inactivity renders me unlikely to get NKed anyway.  And I'd perfer not to get lynched way more than the next guy.

And that is why I'm voting myself

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #430 on: October 03, 2012, 05:25:30 AM »
skimmed and uh

actiondan

isn't that the point in time where you're supposed to like, replace out or get modkilled instead

Seriously, if you're actually town, you're hurting it more then helping it by advocating your own lynch based on how you don't have time to play.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #431 on: October 03, 2012, 05:25:55 AM »
Oh, I'm willing to say it directly because 1. It's true and 2. I'm typing up better ones right now.
However, I didn't at the time know my reads were crap: in retrospect, they obviously are, so I can state now that they are.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #432 on: October 03, 2012, 05:56:20 AM »
Alright. Post by freaking post. Nothing shall escape me this time.

Raitaki#49: judges Raikaria as null, votes Hero for unexplained reason.
Zakeri#51: FoS on Shadoweh plus votes Hero for "frivolous attention throwing".
Acceptable for both seeing as they're hardly out of RvS. Wouldn't be otherwise.
Raitaki#52: judges Bardiche as overly aggressive towards Raikaria(which I agree with)  while saying he isn't all that wrong.
However, I am still of the opinion that Raikaria's game-theory talk was a figment of RvS, which Bardiche readily jumped on for "not helping the game along", in spite of nothing so far having helped the game along.
Raitaki#55: talks a little about the battery being low and justifies Bard as a classic Bard logicstaredown.
Once again I disagree since I'm of the opinion that Bard's logic was wrong anyway.
Raitaki#57-58: clarifies a little, then says he'd prefer a Raikaria lynch.
Eh? Why? I can't see how Bard doing his usual thing clears his faulty logic.
Zakeri#99: comments on Shadoweh being third-party for not having an agenda to lynch people(presumably because she doesn't vote), then asks Raikaria for clarifications. Nothing wrong with this one. Although I do have to comment on Shadoweh's post there being so abominable, but I surmise it's not too relevant anymore.
#103: thanks Raikaria. Okay...

Small interruption: I can not see how everyone at this point is nodding at Bard's logic.

#109: defends the claimers from Hero with logic. Sensible logic at that. Except for the part where he says that ActionDan was concerned with IHNN's role - I don't think that was the case.
Raitaki#115: criticizes Zakeri on: why Raikaria would be regarded as town(in spite of Raikaria's logic being correct), why he says Dan is concerned(which is valid) and how he's only examining three people... in spite of those people being the most interesting at that point. At least Shadoweh and Dan were the biggest suspects at that time. 1-2 for Zakeri there. Then proceeds to agree on Shadoweh(correct) and mentioning how bad Dan's play is(correct).

...I sacrificed my morning, now it's school time. Next episode to be expected in eight hours when I get back + homework.

ActionDan

« Reply #433 on: October 03, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »
was there a reason for that post.

did you mean to convince of us of anything.

Or will your next scheduled post be constructed as to contain an answer to this.

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #434 on: October 03, 2012, 07:28:24 AM »
dan I am not be joking

if you are town, and you think your ability to play is so inadequate and cannot be fixed due to a lack of time that you should just be lynched, replace the fuck out instead of trying to get yourself lynched

yes voting yourself counts as trying to get yourself lynched

You getting modkilled if no replacement is found is less bad for town then us totally fucking wasting a lynch on you
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #435 on: October 03, 2012, 07:30:15 AM »
and no, remaining in the game while being unable to adequately play isn't an option either, see Yuyuko from Ten Desires, it's a really bad idea, I do not want that happening again either

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #436 on: October 03, 2012, 07:37:57 AM »
If I weren't clearly a thrid-party jester I'd probably vote you for that.
I just saw this and I'm

i'm
:I

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #437 on: October 03, 2012, 07:48:06 AM »
test

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #438 on: October 03, 2012, 07:48:31 AM »
Feel like crap and my arm hurts. Maybe I'll post tomorrow morning. And then I made a post anyway.

you are too smart for your own good.
???

Dan...instead of self-voting can you give reads or something (like for instance on Zak/Raitaki/Chaotick). Also, is that a serious third party claim?  :V

SirChaotick, I don't want a post by post summary of the game where you tell us what people did; that's Information Instead of Analysis, we can all can do it ourselves, and it clutters the thread without telling us what your actual reads are. So just skip to the punchline: who do you think is scum?

Shadoweh, my town read on Hero is partially based on my scumread on Chaotick (I don't think scum Hero would have made the case on scum Chaotick like he did) and in the few posts he has I think he is genuinely hunting for scum and reading for motivations instead of wantonly picking targets to lynch. But I would appreciate it if he had broader opinions; Hero what do you think of other people besides Chaotick, since you haven't really mentioned anyone else today?

IHNN, the case on Zakeri is that he puts out lots of words but in the end his case on Raitaki boils down to "his case on me sucks" (I realize this is somewhat rectified by his latest update) and beyond the Raitaki case he doesn't have any substantiated scumreads. IHNN, why do you think Raitaki is scum?

Since everybody is considering Chaotick the obligatory newbie, I'm working under the assumption that this isn't Raitaki's first game.
1. Even if the Battery drains at an alarming rate, there was still more than 50% left when he checked the gauge. I somehow doubt that you can attribute his cheerleading Raikaria as "just going for consolidation".
2. I'm having trouble understanding why Raitaki's case against me is still valid a. On day 2, and b. when it's the only read he's provided besides Shadoweh (Obsolete) and ActionDan (safe option).
3. The C.C. thing still reads weird to me, because when I first saw it, I parsed it as the mod voting. I will admit I've only seen one or two episodes of Code Geass and didn't realize that C.C. was a character, but I agree with Nameless that I think the assumption has more to do with role related reasons.
1. I went over this when I deconstructed Dormio's case; how was Raitaki cheerleading the Raikaria wagon? He stated a preference for Raikaria over Bardiche if the choice came up at the end of the day, while supporting another wagon he wanted to lynch.
2. Can't really say anything about this since Raitaki went V/LA soon after he promised content
3. Given that this game was explicitly stated not to be a bastard mod, I don't see how you could parse that as the mod voting...a player vote is one of the few logical conclusions so ?_?
Also, I'm going to preemptively admit that I'm ignoring Chaotick, Dr. Rawr, and Hero999 because they weren't on the Dormio wagon, and see no reason to do so unless they are a major consolidation wagon, or if someone comes out with role-based evidence for why Raitaki can't be mafia.
Why would not being on the Dormio wagon exclude those people (this is ignoring that rawr actually was on the dormio wagon), most importantly Chaotick, who unvoted sometime before the end of the day and wasn't on any of the wagons? This statement is tantamount to saying "I'm going ignore certain people who may or may not be scum until Raitaki is confirmed not mafia," which is just mindboggling if you're town. I mean what.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #439 on: October 03, 2012, 07:48:43 AM »
omfg finally fuck you too forums

ActionDan

« Reply #440 on: October 03, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »
a behavioral analogy is the strategy of betting more as your stack of chips shrinks at the poker table.

see how easily Serela becomes town?

Don't lynch me.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #441 on: October 03, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »
I'm not sure what you guys want anymore. If I don't do a post by post analysis, I won't be able to clarify why I think someone is scum or town.

BRB off to the barber

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #442 on: October 03, 2012, 02:05:02 PM »
...@ActionDan: You are now worse than merely not existing, and if your role is true, that hurts town a lot fucking more than you make it out to be. What the fuck dude?

@Conq: I don't really have an opinion on most people because I'm constantly flip flopping due to the arguments. If I posted those I would essential be wasting people's time.
I am very suspicious of Raitaki due to his vote right after the c.c. Thing, but  that leads to wifom and I don't even want to get too far into that territory.

On the Zakeri wagon, I must be missing something important, because I don't have any motivation to vote him aside from the fact that most of my town reads are on him.

@Serela: Your reactions are genuine as hell, but I still wish you had a more coherent thought process than merely "guts".

posting on an iPad is hard work.

@Chaotick: Dude we don't need a post by post analysis. We want to know who you think is scum, and why. Doing a post by post analysis is too extreme for more than 1 person is already extreme in my eyes. I see that your are trying, but your content still doesn't give much on why you want X dead with your own reasoning.
You haven't really done anything to convince people of things which is the primary reason why I am voting you in the first place.

These are things I'm pulling of the top of my head because iPad posting is too much ;effort; to go back and forth to read and confirm things.

Starting to go into wifom theories in my head so I'm ending this post here.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #443 on: October 03, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »
I posted something then DATABASE ERROR.

So, this is gonna be a condensed version in the event the issues are not fully resolved yet and because I can't be asked to re-type everything:

Basic summary:

I think Shadoweh, Conq, Bard, myself, IHNN and Zakeri are town

I leaning town on Chaotik for his recent analysis post if anything, but not convinced and would lynch him over the above.

As for everyone else, I'm getting mostly null reads for various reasons:

ActionDan: How much is there to get a read of him from 0_o. Also, agreeing with Serela. If he's not gonna actually play can he be replaced/modkilled?
Serela: Apparently what I disliked about his post was Serela being 'loony'. Not convinced, but... meh Serela is hard to get a read on because half his posts make no sense.
Hero999 doesn't have much of substance to analyze, it's mainly just commenting on the sitatuion
Raitaki has been arguing with Zakeri, and cheerleading my lynch D1 mostly. Not done much of substance. However, I do think Zakeri is town, so my opinion of him is low.
DrRawr hasn't done anything specifically scummy except ignoreing my main point against him, but hasn't done anything I can call town either.

Maybe I'm just too hesitant to call someone mafia right now, especially as the content as a whole from these 5 isn't great. 

However, out of these 5, one of them isn't so much floundering, but instead always seems to be pushing on people I read town. As a result, it's him that I think is most likely to be scum out of this lot. Not to mention the suspicions most other people have against him, which I'm not gonna waste time just repeating.

##Vote: Raitaki

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #444 on: October 03, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »
Once again: how can I ever state who I suspect and why without conducting such an analysis? I could try to, but I think it will lead to another vague sense of "mmyeah that guy seems pretty okay and stuff" reasoning, which is not what you guys want. Not to mention, I haven't actually finished analysing.

But okay, in order to save time I shall restrict myself to day two and see who I feel is scum, but don't roundabout on me and attack me from the "too vague" side.

« Reply #445 on: October 03, 2012, 04:26:19 PM »
The only thing preventing me from voting Dan out of blithering rage was the fact that I realized I made that decision in a blithering rage.

IHNN, the case on Zakeri is that he puts out lots of words but in the end his case on Raitaki boils down to "his case on me sucks" (I realize this is somewhat rectified by his latest update) and beyond the Raitaki case he doesn't have any substantiated scumreads.

1. I went over this when I deconstructed Dormio's case; how was Raitaki cheerleading the Raikaria wagon? He stated a preference for Raikaria over Bardiche if the choice came up at the end of the day, while supporting another wagon he wanted to lynch.
2. Can't really say anything about this since Raitaki went V/LA soon after he promised content
3. Given that this game was explicitly stated not to be a bastard mod, I don't see how you could parse that as the mod voting...a player vote is one of the few logical conclusions so ?_?

Why would not being on the Dormio wagon exclude those people (this is ignoring that rawr actually was on the dormio wagon), most importantly Chaotick, who unvoted sometime before the end of the day and wasn't on any of the wagons? This statement is tantamount to saying "I'm going ignore certain people who may or may not be scum until Raitaki is confirmed not mafia," which is just mindboggling if you're town. I mean what.

Why are you only commenting on this now since its all stuff I went over in post I actually can't find where I posted my concerns with reason number one and three. It's definitely in my notes, so I know I had them before, and I remember writing them (or at least thinking about them when I voted). I guess the votes on me make more sense.

1. I can't really say any more on this than it's just a feeling I have. I'll go ahead and drop the point.
2. Right
3. I don't like how you're stating this with such incredulity, but then again, I did the same thing when I worded my side, so I guess we're at another impasse here. I will admit it's the more logical answer, but it's not the conclusion I jumped to when I first read over what was happening.

Not being on the Dormio wagon doesn't exclude them from being scum. I just feel mafia are more likely to be on that wagon. I'd understand you being angry with me if this were later in the game, though, but I don't want to burn myself out chasing everybody at the same time. Also, I'm not including Rawr because his vote only came as the result of Raitaki misvoting.

Chaotick: They aren't yelling at you for doing the analysis. They're yelling at you for leaving it half-finished. People don't want to just read you summerizing the posts, they want you to combine the facts that you see, and explain or showcase which parts make you want to vote one side or the other.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #446 on: October 03, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
I specifically told them I was leaving for school  :V

Whatever, I'm still busy with homework, but that analysis is coming up.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #447 on: October 03, 2012, 04:42:36 PM »
IHNN, the case on Zakeri is that he puts out lots of words but in the end his case on Raitaki boils down to "his case on me sucks" (I realize this is somewhat rectified by his latest update) and beyond the Raitaki case he doesn't have any substantiated scumreads. IHNN, why do you think Raitaki is scum?
I kind of see Zakeri's Raitaki case as "look he's scum for this wait he's also scum for these other reasons (as of his previous post, which sort of made me stop waffling on him)".  Though hist latest post doesn't remedy the no other scum reads thing...

Personally, I think Raitaki is scum partly due to the modvote (for lack of a better term) and his reaction to it and aside from that, gut.  I'm going to trust it on Raitaki because D2 I haven't failed to read him yet, though if his content massively improves I might just chalk it up to external factors.

« Reply #448 on: October 03, 2012, 05:15:56 PM »
How come when i selfvote everyone thinks im scum but when actiondan selfvotes everyone avoids it like AIDS :wat:

##Vote: Actiondan

« Reply #449 on: October 03, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »
Also i do plan another post just reading what went on yesterday