Author Topic: Angel Beats! Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win  (Read 102467 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Angel Beats! Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #570 on: July 05, 2012, 10:22:14 PM »
I'm quite flabbergasted by Conq changing opinion on BT from here to here.  I also notice that he had nothing more than token coverage of events other than his BT case, giving him room to jump onto other wagons with little justification.   
BT made two posts in between those two instances, enough for me to give him a tentative town read. As for my "token coverage", at the end of the day my stated suspicions in the thread were at BT-leaning town, mason claim to be left for later (although before that I already mentioned hw was a bad vote), omba as a good vote, LLD not a good lynch, Shadoweh probtown, Serela null leaning town but good policy lynch because I can't read him, and NNR not that scummy. So I don't know what other wagons I would have jumped onto, at least concerning wagons that were on the table.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #571 on: July 05, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »
Votecount

Conqueror (3): Affinity, huh what, DrRawr
huh what (0):
Lady Lambdadelta (0):
ActionDan (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
Kilgamayan (0):
Shadoweh (4): Lady Lambdadelta, Serela, Kilgamayan, BT
Serela (0):
Affinity (0):
DrRawr (0):
BT (1): Shadoweh

Not voting: Conqueror, ActionDan, NekoNekoRex

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

You have ~51.5 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:32:31 PM by Ran Yakumo »

Conqueror

« Reply #572 on: July 05, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »
@Kilga
Well, the question I wanted to ask you is a little different now given how the situation has developed. Why did you decide to drop Shadoweh at the end of Day 1 though?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #573 on: July 05, 2012, 10:57:24 PM »
Quote from: Shaoweh
There was no point in urgency. What I said at that point didn't matter, the only one who could pull back from the game of chicken was LLD. I was pretty sure she was town to start with so it's not like I was going to push a counterwagon. For what it's worth the longer it went on the more convinced I was she was being honest.
this kinda makes it sound like you knew LLD was bluffing, no offense.

I wasn't mad because I assumed by that point whatever was going wrong wasn't her fault. I didn't assume she was an actual cop who thought it would be a great idea to claim on a roleblocked target. I can't wait to hear about how this is my fault for being so scummy in the first place later.
This too

It's kind of hard to buy "Shadoweh didn't take LLD's COP CLAIM and SCUM RESULT ON HER seriously and that's why she reacted the way she did". Unless you know in advance it's a lie I would take any kind of thing like that very seriously, especially if the result is a lie.

The whole attack on BT kind of seems silly from over here. You're attacking BT because LLD is hard to read? Isn't LLD ALWAYS hard to read?
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #574 on: July 05, 2012, 11:00:20 PM »
Real post coming when I get home.

Conq: Honestly, I got fooled by her end of D1 activity. I was at work for the vast majority of that activity (for reference, left at 7:20 EDT, got home at about 5:20 EDT, day ended at 7:00 EDT). Ended up half-reading through thread via phone because needed to actually be doing work. Remember when I put Akinity and NNR lower than Shadowert on scummy totem pole because they were 'trying harder'? I saw lots of stuff from her on the phone that looked like :goodposting:, which cleared up half my issue with her over lack of meaningful involvement. Since I couldn't focus 100% on game, didn't pick up on true deceptive-activity nature of posts until night-time, when afforded opportunity to read the thread on home computer and not thinking about work.

Wish I could offer better reasoning than own lack of attention and mild ineptitude, but so it goes.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #575 on: July 05, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
Uh, if my sentiments haven't made it obvious enough, by the way, consider (but don't count) my Vote down on Shadoweh for the time being.

Also FUCK YEAH NAILED THOSE GENDER PRONOUNS FOR REAL THIS TIME
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #576 on: July 05, 2012, 11:10:19 PM »
this kinda makes it sound like you knew LLD was bluffing, no offense.
You mean that I knew I was town? Thanks for clarifying that.
The whole attack on BT kind of seems silly from over here. You're attacking BT because LLD is hard to read? Isn't LLD ALWAYS hard to read?
No. LLD is pretty easy to read. Why would you think this? You have no experience with LLD before now.

(ノ `Д?)ノ ~┻━┻  I AM NOT SCUM STOP WRITING ME OFF YOU DICKS

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #577 on: July 05, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »
You mean that I knew I was town? Thanks for clarifying that.
But how would you know she was bluffing as town?

No. LLD is pretty easy to read. Why would you think this? You have no experience with LLD before now.

(ノ `Д?)ノ ~┻━┻  I AM NOT SCUM STOP WRITING ME OFF YOU DICKS
She was in the last game with me. It was in my understanding (from other players) that LLD is hard to read because she's incredibly null all the time. Which seems pretty true to me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #578 on: July 05, 2012, 11:32:19 PM »
FGDGSSGGDFGS. BECAUSE I AM JUST THAT FUCKING GOOD OKAY. I AM BETTER AT READING HER THEN YOU ARE AND HER ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME WAS FULL OF SHIT LIKE SHE WANTED ME TO CONFESS. I AM ONE OF THE FEW GOD DAMN PEOPLE WHO CAN FUCKING READ LLD AS SOMETHING OTHER THEN LOL-TROLLING AND I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE IS SCREWING ME OVER BECAUSE OF IT.

Why would you even investigate me, fuck. You couldn't go bother Kilgamayan some more, or harrass Conq, you had to pick me to have this fun idea against. The best part is I don't think you would have pushed this gambit on them, you thought you could pressure me because you know me, and like every other time YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT ME.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #579 on: July 05, 2012, 11:38:37 PM »
I can't make a case on this post. I have been staring at it and it is like 'Hello I am Serela but I teleported into BT's head now watch me waffle on everyone! ☆〜(ゝ。∂)It's even filled with the reads that I wanted earlier and pointless self-doubting in the form of Affinity scum no wait he is town let's sheepto him now aaaaaaaadgdfgfgdfg I DON'T HAVE SOMETHING ELSE PREPARED

FINE this is my committment post. Memo to self case on Kilga goes here. Now staring at funny bunny posts.
##Unvote
##Vote: Kilgamayan

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #580 on: July 05, 2012, 11:52:23 PM »
So Shadowert posted something recently that inspired me to put this hilarious Omba-focused Shadowert sequence together for all to digest. WARNING: The vast majority of this will be little more than a replay of events, but I promise it goes somewhere and I'll be discussing that for those of you that don't figure it out along the way.

CONTEXT: Little mention of Omba in the few posts that led up to this; most was BT's summary of the Omba case at my request.

We could lynch Omba, he is right there and all. I was debating it while sleepthinking, but I remember something about Omba seeming town somewhere. Then again I just read like 2-3 posts from him about how terrible I am so maybe I'm biased. >_>

No one else talks about Omba.

I supose not. You'll have to forgive me for not answering everyone exactly for awhile then.
Rex, if what I'm getting is that you're misunderstanding the idea. Masons are confirmed town to each other here. I have absolute confidence that the scum team cannot afford to leave a confirmed town huh what alive until endgame because he is a good player. As long as he can keep Rawr on the same page as him he'll even be a doublevoting confirmed town. If you don't want to get lynched, your best bet besides me is Omba right now.

Only NNR talks about Omba, claiming him "weird but not weird enough to wagon".

:/ You know the more he posts the less I'm feeling this. Why aren't we swinging an Omba wagon?

Some Omba talk now, Dan and HW express passing willingness to vote that way, Serela actually does, BT already is. But SUDDENLY

Fuck Rereading Omba does remind me why I think he's town. He's been pretty uh.. consistant in his hate for me. >_>
What BT said Re: SWWTBTT. Omba spent as many of his posts as possible wifoming about the box without making any opinions on players. Like, never mentioning them at all. In this game the first thing he did is start jumping on people ramming questions down their throats. FUCK I don't want to vote him either now AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also his gut was true because masons are like scumbuddies.

So gathering my balls of fun, Town is Huh what, Rawr, Serela, Omba, LLD, and I think Kilga. Weaker town is NNR and I always like Dan and Conq but it might be the poetry and Celes pic. That leaves.. BT, Pesco, Affinity. Mmm. Pesco is unreadable. I don't think I've read Affinity at all actually. Bleh this isn't working out.

Following dialogue from various players show Omba is viable lynch candidate. But SUDDENLY

We current have 130 minutes, which is 2 hours.

Don't lynch Serela. >_> I have been touched and seen the light. He is now my townie friend and we're going to make derp posts together. Someone has to start the leap of faith so I will do the Wheee
##Unvote
##Vote: Omba

Kilga: I think I was getting resigned to being a target. But this thing where there is no target and I'm seriously worried about a no-lynch is way worse.

Conq votes Omba.

I do think NNR and Omba are good choices to start though. I would not be surprised if the three people on my wagon were town. Rawr is confirmed so it's already 2/3. I do not believe that all four people voting huh what who was in my opinion driving the game had good intentions. Pesco isn't going to get lynched today at least. Omba fled the wagon like it was on fire. Neko started arguing with the town about why they could possibly want to not lynch or kill the confirmed masons. That alone tells me he is too far off the deep end to be a scum bag. I'm willing to put my money on this option here.

Quick summary of this summary so far:

"Hey, Omba's a reasonable lynch candidate"
> ignored
"No guys seriously why aren't we lynching Omba"
> mild support for this course of action
"WAIT NVM OMBA IS TOWN"
> continued support for this course of action
"sike I vote Omba"
> continued support for this course of action
"Yeah I feel good about this" (unless "I'm willing to put my money on this option here" means something else)

Now okay sure this is possible, deadline pressure rereads can lead to mind changes, though this still abnormally flip-floppy imo. As the song goes, though, the best is yet to come.

> other stuff happens including Omba getting put at L-2 and Shadowert talking about non-Omba things (mostly NNR) for a while
> deadline gets very close, Dan asks Shadowert why she's okay with the Omba lynch

I'm not 'completely okay with it'. It's not even the first option I looked into if you'll remember correctly. What exactly are you suggesting I should have done?

I guess she didn't put down a whole lot of her money there. >_>

I did the looking. I could not find someone that I could push to the point of driving an entire lynch that way confidently. And people were quite resistant to my ideas that Omba might not be scum. >_>

More of the same, with a sudden suble shift to passing the buck for the Omba lynch (!), a sentiment that further showed itself today:

BT: It hasn't even been 24 hours. I still got plenty of rage left in me. I can understand why you'd want to hurry us out the door before I do my TOWNIE FLAIL MAGIC again. It would mean you could keep lurking with your amazing two posts today. You're one of the ones who was so quick to refute my logic about Omba, so it irks me that you would say I was 'so happy' to sheep to the wagon after talking me into it. Also:Everyone else was too busy with the flailing to have a guilty conscience. At least you didn't mention Omba was the doctor too. >.>b

##Vote: BT

Ultimately her vote was the fault of other people.

So near as I can tell, this is what went down.

- Shadowert brings up and actively pushes Omba as possible lynch candidate
- Shadowert then pulls back after other people take notice
- Shadowert then changes her mind again is votes Omba and is at least pretty okay with it given things like "I do think NNR and Omba are good choices to start" and "Omba fled the wagon like it was on fire" (I am presuming this is intended to be reasoning behind choosing Omba) and "I'm willing to put my money on this option here"
- Shadowert starts casting doubt on lynch and nudging blame to other people as the lynch happens
- Omba dies and flips town
- Shadowert's vote wasn't her fault, it was BT's! And probably also at least partly the fault of the "people that were quite resistant to [her] ideas that Omba might not be scum", though I'll admit this part is only implied and never outright stated.

Yeah. Somehow not really feeling that a townie would start a wagon, jerk away from it, pull back onto it with at least some enthusiasm for it, and then try to absolve herself of responsibility for it after it goes awry.

Could probably stand to talk about other people. Don't expect much/any discussion of any of HW, .rawr, Serela, NNR, etc though.

Fake edit: welp

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #581 on: July 06, 2012, 12:11:51 AM »
Is it normal for me to want to hammer Shadoweh only 24 hours into the day

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #582 on: July 06, 2012, 12:13:53 AM »
Suddenly, every game I'm in is stupid.  today is a shitty day.  I will proceed to eat and use gut.  see you alls in 1 hour.

;wEFIHA;EWLFKJHA G;A;RJKS'ERGJ S;KLSF;KJN

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #583 on: July 06, 2012, 12:24:34 AM »
I don't know, is it? If you think you wanna do it stop looking like you want someone older to tell you it's okay to do it, either put up or shut up.

I am totally not going to read whatever Kilga put up since I'm pretty sure it's a dissertation of why I voted Omba. Not only am I guilty of not believing I'm scum, it's also my fault I voted for someone viable instead of, I don't know what else you expected me to do. I asked Dan the same thing. What exactly did you expect me to do instead?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #584 on: July 06, 2012, 12:27:09 AM »
Not blame other people for your vote? It's nothing mindblowing that you were a vote on a mislynch, but the wagon began because it was your idea and by the time it was over you were pointing fingers at other people and trying to shake your responsibility.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #585 on: July 06, 2012, 12:29:30 AM »
I don't know, is it? If you think you wanna do it stop looking like you want someone older to tell you it's okay to do it, either put up or shut up.

I am totally not going to read whatever Kilga put up since I'm pretty sure it's a dissertation of why I voted Omba. Not only am I guilty of not believing I'm scum, it's also my fault I voted for someone viable instead of, I don't know what else you expected me to do. I asked Dan the same thing. What exactly did you expect me to do instead?
The whole dissertation was you pulling an Omba wagon out of thin air, halfway through calling him town, waffling your way through the wagon, then trying to pass the reigns on to somebody else when the hammer was about to fall.
His words, my summary.

Shadoweh

« Reply #586 on: July 06, 2012, 12:50:31 AM »
Neko stop being helpful it would really help if I could get something resembling a scumread here.

I think the Neko wagon was my idea too. What it came down to is someone had to get wagoned. I have a contractual obligation to make sure it's not me. The people present had agreed with me that Neko sounded like a townie under pressure. Omba seemed like a better option then nothing. You can say it was Not Me Over Me. No matter who it was it was going to be 'a wagon out of thin air' because the only wagon besides me was A MASON.

And yes, I'm going to start fingerpointing now that it's done. The wagon ended up on town. It is possible the people ensuring that Omba looked suspicious were doing so to make sure they weren't the next targets of the magical windfall of votes. I can't even do any decent wagon analysis here because there was nothing all the live long day. Nothing solid enough to make a guess on. 

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #587 on: July 06, 2012, 12:55:09 AM »
Mafia sucks as a pre-breakfast responsibility.

Wasn't the Omba wagon my idea, though?

brb.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #588 on: July 06, 2012, 01:02:45 AM »
And then Affinity soft-chainsawed Shadoweh with himself

(well not really but it's amusing to think of)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #589 on: July 06, 2012, 01:06:12 AM »
Remember basically nothing from Affinity unless I actively search out his posts. Willing to policy vote on this alone should it become prudent. Kinda surprised it took him until today to warm to the idea of TownNNR. Everything else of his (which isn't much) just kinda feels like it's there for the sake of being there, if that makes any sense. Wish he would post more when he posts given how little he posts.

Anti-Conq feelings from end of D1 remain (403, before anyone asks). Must admit his interrogation of Shadoweh is solid, but I can't tell who else he thinks is scum. Conq, with what vote would you have opened the day if you were the very first post, why that vote, and do you think that vote is still plausible?

As incongruous with Scumdoweh as this seems, here's a list o' things that make me want to snapvote BT:

- Endorsement of early lynch in 522
- Appeasement, backing-off, and generic call to other players in the last two sentences of 536
- Sarcasm-bordering-on-rhetoric in 548
- Making things personal with last sentence of 566 and most of 569

Don't like any of 'em. Shadoweh aside, would presently vote Conq > BT > Affinity methinx. Seen more things from BT I don't like, but feel stronger about the things I've seen from Conq.

Fake edit: You were one such person! You must have seen something in the guy that made him look like a viable vote candidate to you (maybe it was the terrible way he jumped off the HW wagon, which you pointed out), but you've acted like other wagonites were holding a gun to your head ever since the train reached the station. BT "talked you into it" by pointing out a substantion situational difference that damaged the integrity of a comparison you tried to make so it's his fault you changed your mind instead of yours? Really? Come on.

Fake edit 2: Oh hey Affinity actually posted. Shame it's little of worth. :C You were the first vote for Omba, yes, but Shadoweh started pushing it later as an alternate possibility when there didn't seem to be much more interest in it.

Shadoweh

« Reply #590 on: July 06, 2012, 01:11:48 AM »
but you've acted like other wagonites were holding a gun to your head
If There Is A Mistake Blame Dormio Votecount

Conqueror (1): DrRawr, huh what, Shadoweh, Lady Lambdadelta
huh what (1): Omba, Kilgamayan, Pesco, AffinityOmba
Lady Lambdadelta (0): Kilgamayan, huh what, BT, Conqueror,
ActionDan (0): BT
NekoNekoRex (4): BT, Serela, Kilgamayan, ActionDan, DrRawrhuh what , Shadoweh
Kilgamayan (0): Serela, Shadoweh, Conqueror, Lady Lambdadelta, Serela, DrRawr
Omba (2): huh what, Affinity, Affinity, BT
Shadoweh (4): Conqueror, huh what, Serela, Affinity, Kilgamayan, Serela, DrRawr, Omba, NekoNekoRex
Serela (0): Shadoweh, Affinity
Affinity (0):
DrRawr (0): DrRawr
Pesco (0): ActionDan
BT (1): NekoNekoRex, Conqueror, Omba, Conqueror, Shadoweh

Not voting: Nobody

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

You have ~4.5 hours remaining

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #591 on: July 06, 2012, 01:11:57 AM »
You know guys

we could always lynch Dan

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #592 on: July 06, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »
Nowhere in that post do I see an explanation for why you getting a comparison wrong is BT's fault.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #593 on: July 06, 2012, 01:46:04 AM »
Votecount

Conqueror (3): Affinity, huh what, DrRawr
huh what (0):
Lady Lambdadelta (0):
ActionDan (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
Kilgamayan (1): Shadoweh
Shadoweh (4): Lady Lambdadelta, Serela, Kilgamayan, BT
Serela (0):
Affinity (0):
DrRawr (0):
BT (0):

Not voting: Conqueror, ActionDan, NekoNekoRex

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

You have ~48.25 hours remaining.

Conqueror

« Reply #594 on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:21 AM »
Conq, with what vote would you have opened the day if you were the very first post, why that vote, and do you think that vote is still plausible?
You, actually. I saw your D1 vote on Shadoweh as a lazy votepark (given my townread on her at the time), and your choice of lynches felt non-discriminatory and very go-with-the-flow-ish. Not sure how to describe it. Add to that the fact that you hand-waved my questions to you as "unnecessary time-consuming things," and welp.
Is it still valid? Maybe. I don't see anything that makes me scream "not a bus," and I expect that given Shadoweh is actually scum, scum probably shit their pants at the start of the day, thought they messed up somewhere, and piled on her for the bus. But Shadoweh is deffo scum and has to go first, so we'll cross that road if we get there.
You know guys

we could always lynch Dan
Let's not. Shadoweh is the lynch for today.

Shadoweh

« Reply #595 on: July 06, 2012, 02:56:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure scum is laughing their asses off right now actually. If you're so sure pile the vote on pako. I ain't no self-voter as either alignment.

Conqueror

« Reply #596 on: July 06, 2012, 02:58:00 AM »
I'm sure the QT is a blast. Send my regards. I really do feel for you; rolling scum in a setup with cop + doc + masons.

Conqueror

« Reply #597 on: July 06, 2012, 03:00:11 AM »
Also, Shadoweh, are you going to provide that Kilga case you were thinking of writing up, or are you finished with the charade?
Seriously. If you're town cut the snark and give us something to work with. Your attitude right now is very :(

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #598 on: July 06, 2012, 03:50:21 AM »
urghhhhhhh someone someone save me from this game.  I'm going to put a 5 minute timer on this post before trying out Gundemonium.

Whoops.

Shadoweh

« Reply #599 on: July 06, 2012, 04:10:44 AM »
It's almost like I'm town that is really angry that they're being treated like this. This is so Weather Mafia. I am taking a break from reading this wonderful game and doing things I actually enjoy. At this moment I have no faith anyone will remember a case if I bother to make it.