Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208363 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2019, 10:00:26 AM »
Well, first off, try using Jack's Evade, as an Evade instead of a Quick buff? GGoR strips buffs, but it deals damage before the dispel happens, so Evade and Invuln both shield the entire attack.

Also, try using a blink Taunter. As long as Right Arm doesn't nuke them, you can bring in Saint George, Leonidas, d'Eon, or Mash to intercept the NP with their taunts. Even Emiya (Assassin) can force a Taunt onto someone else with a blocker.

d'Eon (though you're unlikely to use them because Jack is obviously your support) can use their three-turn taunt to tank Left Arm's NP, then Ibaraki's NP next turn; they'll even survive if you use their Evade to block Left Arm, then use a Mystic Code block to tank Ibaraki.

I know I talked about how quickly we were wiping Ibaraki earlier, but yesterday's raid got to 50 minutes left. I don't know how much dev assistance we're getting right now, but this may not bode well.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2019, 10:36:57 AM »
I know I talked about how quickly we were wiping Ibaraki earlier, but yesterday's raid got to 50 minutes left. I don't know how much dev assistance we're getting right now, but this may not bode well.
I think we'll be fine. I caught the daily update as soon as it were available, and after logging in within 10~20 seconds (surely nobody had time to actually battle her yet?) she was already missing just about 2.2 billion HP. That's in the right ballpark to finish on time assuming we keep at or above this rate, so it'll probably be somewhere within ~1 hour remaining again.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:39:22 AM by Rei Scarlette »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2019, 06:39:15 PM »
This is something I probably should have investigated a while ago, but I have six Golden Captures the Carp. Should I be merging them? If my understanding of them is correct there's no reason not to and I've been leaving a lot of damage on the table, is that right?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2019, 06:57:20 PM »
For max/high level masters, the answer is easier, but for lower levels its a bit more complicated. It depends on your total party cost, and how many Carps you are actually able to equip.

One MLB carp and one regular carp gives a 150% damage boost, in two slots, for a cost of 24 Party Points. If you are able to equip 4 individual regular Carps, it would be 200% damage boost, but it would be a total cost of 48 and eat up four slots, leaving less room for other potential CEs, but you'd deal more damage.

So just have a look see at your party setup, if you can only fit 1-3 Carps inside your party, definitely merge them. If you can fit 4 inside your party, you'd be short-changing yourself a little bit if you merge them, but it might still be worth it if it helps you build a more viable party due to the lower cost.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #244 on: May 28, 2019, 07:35:44 PM »
I can fit as many as I need since I have Mash and a few low-cost characters. Right now I have four equipped, plus one copy of the one that boosts gourd drops. Merging five of my six copies would let me equip one maxed Carp, one standard Carp, a Wandering Tales on someone, and a Fragment of 2030 or something. Yeah, not sure if that would be worth it or not. Hmm. Tricky.

« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2019, 09:49:58 PM »
In that case I'd try running a setup with only three regular Carps equipped, then you'll know for sure if the damage is still satisfactory or if you need that extra 50%

If you can handle it with 3 Carps then I'd MLB it for sure

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2019, 05:26:12 AM »
Used today's Summon Ticket from bullying the banana.

Sparkles?

Caster?

I now have a brand new Caster Gilgamesh.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2019, 02:14:09 PM »
Should I make a fully merged Wandering Tales? I haven't bought any duplicate copies yet but I guess I could. Is it actually worth having or is it outclassed by a lot of stuff outside of the event?

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2019, 02:21:55 PM »
My unprofessional opinion is that MLB Wandering Tales is good if you have a Quick-based servant with a high-damage single-target NP, e.g. Jack, Scathach, Meltryllis, Enkidu, etc. If not it may be better to spread Carps all over your peeps and use guest Servants with MLB Wandering Taleses.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 02:23:29 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2019, 02:44:08 PM »
Sorry, I mean more for use outside of the event. Right now my main strategy with CEs has generally been to equip Fragment of 2030 on my support characters (usually Mash and Stheno) and Knight's Dignity or Cover Fire on my heavy hitters (usually Passionlip and Enkidu). Wandering Tales seems awful to me, I can't really imagine wanting it on anyone (probably Enkidu) over a critical damage boost but I might be underestimating it.

Is a relatively small flat boost to quick card effectiveness good? The added effect seems so ludicrously situational that it might as well not be there and I don't have a unit with both three quick cards and a quick NP, but I don't know if I'm going to wish I had an effect like this later.

« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2019, 10:58:45 PM »
Shana-oh is quite extremely good inside the event, but outside of the event it's a pretty garbo CE, I've only seen it's secondary effect (ally quick boost on death) used in a single challenge quest and only for meme-tier damage setups, hardly required.

Shana-oh has got stats split between HP and ATK, and the main quick boost is a measly 10/15%. That makes it kind of outclassed by virtually any other quick-boosting CE.

Verdant Black Keys is a free friend point CE that gives 10% Quick when MLB and has pure ATK stats. Gandr is a gacha CE that gives 15% Quick and 20% when MLB, and also has pure ATK stats. Innocent Maiden gives comparable Quick boost and also charges the NP gauge per turn, it has split stats but the charging makes it better for some uses.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2019, 01:08:53 AM »
Alright, I'll spend my remaining gourds on monuments or something. I got to 150k damage total and it doesn't seem like it's worth popping the giant pile of rice balls and golden rice balls I have to get the remaining rewards, so I think I'm good. Seems like they give you waaaay too many AP-restoring items for how long it takes to get everything. Although could I got into the 3-AP dungeon with just a single character on my team and a support and repeatedly wipe out the first floor and immediately die to farm gourds? Does that work?

Definitely happy to have Carp though, I still haven't seen a single Dragon Meridian or whatever it's called ever.

« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2019, 01:30:54 AM »
Yeah, dying to farm gourds is a viable strategy. It's best if you kill the hands too since they also drop gourds, but you can just let Ibaraki kill you afterwards since she hardly ever drops anything.

Easiest way to do it is to probably bring only as many level 1 servants as you have Carps or Gourd drop boosts, and have the support wipe the first wave with facecards and then NP the hands. Someone like Francis Drake (rider) or Lancer Artoria (regular, not alter) with an MLB Carp of their own should probably be more than capable since they will be able to use their AoE NP right off the bat

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2019, 01:52:18 AM »
If anyone has a Francis Drake or Arturia they can put a gourd booster on I would appreciate it, otherwise I'm probably just gonna keep sweeping the first floor and not bothering with the hands. I have 172 BP worth of rice balls left and nothing particular I care about buying from the Shuten Store, so I'm just gonna scoop up all the Fous and stuff, at least until I get bored of farming. I got all the stuff I really wanted from the store anyway, including all of the embers and all of the materials I didn't already have a ton of.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2019, 05:44:30 AM »
If anyone has a Francis Drake or Arturia they can put a gourd booster on I would appreciate it, otherwise I'm probably just gonna keep sweeping the first floor and not bothering with the hands. I have 172 BP worth of rice balls left and nothing particular I care about buying from the Shuten Store, so I'm just gonna scoop up all the Fous and stuff, at least until I get bored of farming. I got all the stuff I really wanted from the store anyway, including all of the embers and all of the materials I didn't already have a ton of.
I'll put Lancer Arturia w/ the Kiyo CE in my Other slot, will she do?

I'm going to have to make the banana kill my team.  My current farming team:
Scathach (MLB Shana), Lancer Arturia (MLB Shana), Support Merlin (MLB Carp), Mash (Kiyo), Chloe (Kiyo), and Ozzy (Kiyo)
They've been quite successful at taking out the banana.  I think I'll switch out my back line for my weakest and let her kill off my team once the hands are down.

Dammit!  I just had a 3* Berserker go sparkle and turn gold... only for it to be Zerkerlot.  Oh well, NP2'ing him isn't a bad thing.
(Would have preferred a banana instead, though.)

edit--

Has this event been re-run again on the JP server?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 05:53:54 AM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2019, 10:20:44 AM »
As far as I'm aware, JP has never run an event three times.

I took my Day 700 SQ for one more ten-roll, and ended up with a second Saberlot. I still haven't gotten around to actually getting him decent (Alter Egos took all of my embers and then some). Neither oni dropped for me, but that's okay, because I already have banana and I've already spent money on trying for Shuten last time. (That, and I've already hit my monthly cap on spending for SE.RA.PH.)

I am also in the position of having a metric fuckton of onigiri and the damage ladder already clear, but since I hate losing, I'm just nuking the banana over and over with Meltryllis. At least the occasional Berserker gem helps, because I still need a fuckton of those for all of my other 'Zerkers.

I'm contemplating using the banana to fight the CQ banana, because as much as I'd want Melt to rip and tear, six Knight-Class hands are NG.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2019, 12:01:12 PM »
I've got Lancer Arturia and Drake with MLB Carps here, I don't have a good gourd CE from the gacha to equip to them sadly, but you can try Reiko's for gourd drops and mine will be available if you find the NP needs a little more oomph, at the cost of a few less gourds. That'll give you some decent options I'd think

Here I have 4 golden riceballs left but I keep lazing around and not using them. I ate through every single riceball I was given on day 1 for secret archer gems, and now I'm trying to use every riceball I gained since then for hearts.

I haven't used any riceballs in between so this is taking me quite a while to finish up :x

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2019, 12:25:32 PM »
I haven't used a single golden rice ball for the entire event and I have no idea how I'm going to find the time to burn them all x(

I've at least bought out everything I definitely needed so at this point it's just a matter of how tempting it is to overstock on Bloodstone Tears and Mana Prisms BUT STILL
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2019, 12:50:13 PM »
Did nine more pulls on the Ishtar banner last night and didn't get anything I wanted, but I did get two things I didn't know I wanted that seem veeeery good for Passionlip.

-Volumen Hydrargyrum seems perfect for a tank with low HP, at least on some maps. Trying to envision a worst case scenario for how much effective HP three instances of invulnerability would give her (assuming it doesn't get ignored somehow) and it's still a big percentage of her overall HP. And best case scenario it ignores three NPs or something, so... seems good.

-Victor of the Moon seems perfect for a triple buster character that relies on critical hits to do damage. I have to imagine it's way better than Cover Fire or Knight's Dignity like I'm using now.

I don't even remember pulling Victor of the Moon so it's possible I got it before and didn't notice, but I found it in my collection just now so I'm pretty sure it's new.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2019, 01:46:04 PM »
Victor of the Moon is p. sweet, I tend to slap mine on JAlter since crits are her lifeblood (if she can actually gather the stars for it ashdgshadfsah)

Volumen Hydragyrum is good both in its ability and to serve as a reminder that Keyneth was a massive asshole that got exactly what he deserved (rip Diarmuid tho, hopefully some day you won't be so awfully cursed)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2019, 04:57:26 AM »
No more bulli the banana.  I still had a crapton of riceballs left over.  I've put my 2nd MLB'd Shana and Carp into the archive, the others I got as drops will serve as CE bomb fuel.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #261 on: May 31, 2019, 08:25:17 PM »
I've had two different experiences now where I opened my phone, the sound was on and FGO was up, someone heard half a second of music before I muted it, immediately recognized it, and gave me their friend code on the spot. :D

Edit: Got Vlad Extra. That same coworker was telling me earlier how great he is so I think that's good. But goddamn I own like only Lancers.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 01:18:35 AM by commandercool »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #262 on: June 01, 2019, 03:26:33 AM »
Bought 5 summon tickets from Da Vinci...

#1 Fergus
#2 David
#3 SHUTEN! (Making her NP2)
#4 Boudica
#5 BANANA!!!

I'm probably saving my SQ and any other tickets I get for the Summer re-run...

That said, the 50 XP cards only got Melt from 81 to 87.

?

Fed the 3 3*'s to the Banana... to a Great Success.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 03:30:40 AM by Aya Reiko »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #263 on: June 01, 2019, 05:10:58 AM »
Banana received! I didn't think I wanted her that much at first but she was such a goofball in the last bit of her story that I changed my mind and I'm glad I pulled her. Would have rather had Shuten of course, but Banana is very nice too. And I didn't have any berserkers at all that I really cared about before now.

I've been working through Camelot, and is it just me or is Hassan of the Cursed Arm's characterization... unusual? He's like the most sinister character in Fate Stay Night, but he's so cute in Grand Order! He's like the nicest friendliest servant in the game! Is he secretly plotting behind my back...?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #264 on: June 01, 2019, 10:13:36 AM »
Cursed Arm really got shafted in stay night; Nasu wanted to expand on him as a character during Camelot. It helps that he's got his own attachment to this particular time period.

And, like a couple of you, I got (another) banana on my last ticket in this month's Da Vinci batch. Always feels good to get NP2 gold Servants, if only because of the extra NP charge leeway.

Reminder to make sure you go and sell any unused rice balls to Shuten; they're worth a small amount of QP, but at least it's something.

Also reminder that the next event banner (assuming they do the same one as JP had) has a powerful AoE Berserker as its 5*, drawn by the same artist as Shuten (and Selvaria Bles in Valkyria Chronicles, if that means anything to you). That event is also a Raid (though interspersed with an actual event map and farming nodes), so keep a party slot open for bulli shenanigans.

Move eternally forward,

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #265 on: June 01, 2019, 10:46:54 AM »
Hassan's seemingly-evil characterization is, like literally everything else in F/SN, Zouken's fault.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #266 on: June 01, 2019, 12:20:43 PM »
I didn't manage to get banana at the last minute like the rest of you, instead I got event CEs after the event has already ended :V

I would be midly salty at that misfortune but I pulled Bismarck as a brand new-ish Azur Lane player so I'll just take whatever blessings RNGesus wants to give me.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #267 on: June 03, 2019, 02:05:22 AM »
This game keeps pulling sneaky new materials on me. I rank up Lip's skills a couple of times and the game is like "Need more purple stuff" but I have no purple stuff and never have, how did that happen?

What's the best way to get those gold gems for skillups? Allegedly the drop rates aren't bad at all from daily quests but they sure have been in my experience.

« Reply #268 on: June 03, 2019, 02:17:09 AM »
Gold gems all have a 100+AP drop rate at their very best, and their best (non-event) nodes are the dailies. So without using gold apples, you can expect at most about 2-3 a day, when their day comes around... not very good unfortunately, but not as bad as certain other materials.

Though despite being sort of crappy it is also relatively the best way to farm them because everywhere else is several hundred AP per single gold gem drop. They really don't like to hand those out outside of dailies or event shops.

The actual best way to farm skillgems is to wait until a lottery event comes around and spam the hell out of it with gold apples you stockpiled throughout the year, as you'll be able to get a huge quantity of every single gem type. But the next one that drops skillgems is still a way off for now. Not that that helps you out any *right now*, but it'll be relevant down the road.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #269 on: June 03, 2019, 03:51:08 AM »
If they're available at much higher rates in events then that helps a lot. They didn't seem to be during the Oni raid unless I'm forgetting something so I wondered if maybe they wouldn't be at all. Since they're not content roadblocks I certainly don't mind waiting.