Author Topic: Touhou Image Thread ~ Reincarnation  (Read 400007 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Touhou Image Thread ~ Reincarnation
« Reply #600 on: December 14, 2009, 06:43:13 PM »
I use tinypic, never lets me down and no stupid rules for it either. Clean, fast and pretty reliable.

dustyjo

« Reply #601 on: December 14, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »
Damn that is one fine Koakuma.

Oh yes, her fingernails look so sharp~

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #602 on: December 14, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »
China and Sakuya have crazy long legs...

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #603 on: December 14, 2009, 10:24:56 PM »
Post more christmas pictures!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #604 on: December 15, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
Needs wave of christmas pics on Pixiv ( or danbooru ) first.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #605 on: December 16, 2009, 08:08:27 AM »
China and Sakuya have crazy long legs...

I'm more impressed by the length of Meiling's hair... I have shoulder-length hair and even that adds some mass to my head when I turn - especially if I bind it into a ponytail or it's wet :O

Iron-hard neck muscles, undoubtedly.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #606 on: December 16, 2009, 08:38:36 AM »
That Koakuma is welcomed to mangle my whatever in whatever she wishes, she is so badass in that pic.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #607 on: December 16, 2009, 10:02:44 AM »
I am amazed how artists draw awesome images of Koakuma and Momiji while they never had portraits or any visible full size work ( or did I miss ZUN stuff here )

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
« Reply #608 on: December 16, 2009, 02:10:29 PM »
Exactly, Momiji fan art looks nothing like her sprite ingame. But her fan art is damn sexy tough.
I've never actually seen Koakuma's sprite before, she always blocks it with bullet hell.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #609 on: December 16, 2009, 04:45:39 PM »
Exactly, Momiji fan art looks nothing like her sprite ingame.
Why not:

Ofcourse details such as her hat, things on shirt etc are fan made stuff. Or did I missunderstood your post?

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
« Reply #610 on: December 16, 2009, 05:16:26 PM »
Her hat is exactly what I mean, it looks so different to me, and loads of fanarts don't even a hat.

But above all:
Where do the animal ears and tail come from? Her sprite doesn't have that at all (I don't call those 2 patches of light on her head ears)

When I look at her sprite I think of a serious person, yet her fan art is like a hot lady about to whoop your ass. She is often portrayed as shy to which I don't see her as at all.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #611 on: December 16, 2009, 05:43:45 PM »
Koakuma didn't have wings on her head either. The fans just added those (and Momiji's wolf features) to make them look cute. Fanon at it's best.

« Reply #612 on: December 16, 2009, 06:19:13 PM »
Koakuma didn't have wings on her head either.

Yes, the sprite does.

« Reply #613 on: December 17, 2009, 12:40:35 PM »
But above all:
Where do the animal ears and tail come from? Her sprite doesn't have that at all (I don't call those 2 patches of light on her head ears)
The ears are really hard to see because they're the same color as her hair (with only a slightly ligher shade as the inside part, which you don't seem to think count despite the ear-shape), but they're indeed on the sprite. Her clothes are too bulky to see if she has a tail or not, but I'd find it hard to believe someone would design a wolf-based character with ears, but not a tail.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:42:10 PM by AlexX »

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Gpop

« Reply #614 on: December 17, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »
Hmm. Let's add some NeKomeijis in here.

oh g-HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Also, it's cold outside.

And I feel like posting this too.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #615 on: December 18, 2009, 06:52:55 AM »
Her hat is exactly what I mean, it looks so different to me, and loads of fanarts don't even a hat.

But above all:

When I look at her sprite I think of a serious person, yet her fan art is like a hot lady about to whoop your ass. She is often portrayed as shy to which I don't see her as at all.

Koakuma didn't have wings on her head either. The fans just added those (and Momiji's wolf features) to make them look cute. Fanon at it's best.

No they didnt.

You people should really read the touhou wiki more often. Ofcourse a 100% accurate portrait display is impossible like exact details, but ZUN states Momiji is a white wolf tengu does you can imply she has atleast a tail and wolf ears like Rin and Chen have ears.

And like Arashi said, Koakuma does have wings on her sprites. As well as on her head and back.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #616 on: December 18, 2009, 12:11:58 PM »
DIE CRIMINAL SCUM FROM ABOVE GROUND!

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #617 on: December 18, 2009, 12:39:47 PM »
No they didnt.

You people should really read the touhou wiki more often. Ofcourse a 100% accurate portrait display is impossible like exact details, but ZUN states Momiji is a white wolf tengu does you can imply she has atleast a tail and wolf ears like Rin and Chen have ears.

And like Arashi said, Koakuma does have wings on her sprites. As well as on her head and back.

For your information, I research Touhou Wiki frequently and know about all of the character profiles by heart, and their pages EXSPLICITLY stated that they didn't have those features at the time. Yes, Momiji was a wolf tengu from the start, but ZUN never designed her with the wolf features. The fans made those, based on her race. This contribution by the fans gave ZUN a 'sure, why not' moment and officialy give her the wolf features. Perhaps the profiles have been updated, but at the time I read them it was actually stated there.

And regarding the wings on Koakuma's head, I have been accidently mixing things up. Koakuma DID have wings on her head....but no wings on her back. Fanon struck again and gave her wings on her back to match her head wings. Like the name she got from the fans, ZUN confirmed it after a 'sure, why not' moment.

Don't believe me? Search up their Touhou Wki entries and look at the fun facts. I dare you...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:47:56 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #618 on: December 18, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »

This image is fantastic. Also, everyone should play NSMB Wii.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #619 on: December 18, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
For your information, I research Touhou Wiki frequently and know about all of the character profiles by heart, and their pages EXSPLICITLY stated that they didn't have those features at the time. Yes, Momiji was a wolf tengu from the start, but ZUN never designed her with the wolf features. The fans made those, based on her race. This contribution by the fans gave ZUN a 'sure, why not' moment and officialy give her the wolf features. Perhaps the profiles have been updated, but at the time I read them it was actually stated there.

You obviously never read my post carefully as I stated the same. Here, I'll underline it for you.
Quote from: Helepolis

And regarding the wings on Koakuma's head, I have been accidently mixing things up. Koakuma DID have wings on her head....but no wings on her back. Fanon struck again and gave her wings on her back to match her head wings. Like the name she got from the fans, ZUN confirmed it after a 'sure, why not' moment.

Don't believe me? Search up their Touhou Wki entries and look at the fun facts. I dare you...
ZUN only commented on her behaviour and nature and name, not her exact appearance. And I imply from her sprite she has wings on her back as well, unless her blackish part behind her arms is her cape or something. Minor details come all to implying.

And fun facts = not canon = fanon --> See Byakuren is not a good girl thread how fun facts generally cause nonsense. A good example is Remilia and Flandre. Their ribbon directions on their hats is canonically known yet 50% of the fan-art keeps reversing them. Another reason why fanon is anything but "cute".

------------------------------------------

To balance this thread: Christmas Hina and Yakumo Yukalisa

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #620 on: December 18, 2009, 06:58:24 PM »
You can never officialy state that ZUN had Momiji in mind with wolf ears and tail. Only that she was a wolf Tengu. And now you're basically saying I was right all along, because Fanon is based on massive implication. So Momiji's wolf ears and tail are Fanon. Either that or Momiji can make them magically dissapear like Aya can do with her wings. (Aya's wings haven't appeared in the games either, but they were mentioned in the official books, so that edges more towards canon)

You were right about Koakuma having two pairs of wings tough....

BTW Mona Lisa Yukari is epic

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #621 on: December 18, 2009, 11:59:58 PM »
you can't officially state he's ever meant anything period, even if he's said it
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Toasty

« Reply #622 on: December 19, 2009, 12:19:55 AM »
I want mona-kari yakumo hanging on my wall.

Gpop

« Reply #623 on: December 19, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »
COME ON C77 COME QUICKER!

Also,

MaronaPossessed

• I am free to dream of my own dream
  • and so I shall dream
« Reply #624 on: December 21, 2009, 01:27:42 AM »
Merry kurisumasu!

And for the pervs...
NSFW(WARNING. SEXY CONTENT APPROACHING)

Halca

• Kawaii Bastard
« Reply #625 on: December 21, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »
That is one lumpy boob.

« Reply #626 on: December 21, 2009, 05:38:59 PM »
Yeah, I was gonna say ...

BOOBIES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! *to camera* GOODNIGHT!

Gpop

« Reply #627 on: December 23, 2009, 04:43:21 AM »
Goddamn it the NeKoishi fever is growing it hurts!

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!

* Gpop drowns in his own pool of blood

(This will be my new avatar once Christmas passes by).

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #628 on: December 23, 2009, 05:56:12 AM »

Badass bookworms

Gpop

« Reply #629 on: December 23, 2009, 05:56:39 AM »
Nyan Nyan~