Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 150061 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
That used to be my worst Kanako card.
Then it became Miracle of Otensui.
Then I learned how to work that card.
Then my worst card was Miya Something Shrine Hunting Ritual.

Kanako is a really weird fight for me.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
That was a little disappointing. :( Random fight with EX Alice, I 1DNB her. The death? Seventh phase because my finger slipped and I went left when I most definitely did not intend to. Ah well, if she wasn't on my one-mistake list before, she is now. Same with Ran actually - a couple hours ago I did a ND1B on her, with me bombing on reflex when I underestimated how freaking slow Reimu is in PCB and got trapped by Princess Tenko.

Guess today's not my day. Or at least almost-but-not-quite my day.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Turtlesaur

• rawr
    • home of a KEWNE-type familiar
90 FPS Flandre tries: survival gameover, QED gameover, QED gameover, QED gameover, survival gameover, QED gameover, royal flare gameover, death fairy gameover, fast stuff after Patchy gameover, forget how to even get anywhere and just die in the beginning and keep restarting ragequit

On the plus side, where I used to get to Cataprodiiciatic with 0/2, I now get there with 2/1 and promptly waste everything instead of capping/1B'ing it, that's assuming I get to Flandre of course.

nintendonut888

Tsk. Orin 1DNB, Small Demon's Revival. That was kind of saddening, because the reason I lost was because I got nervous and tried to circle around again. :(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Urrr, looks like I'm doing this again... As with what happened last time with SA and me continuing for hours trying to beat the last stage for stage practice, looks like I gotta do that too with UFO (normal btw). Time for fraps to run the game at 30 fps or something similar to that. sigh...
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

MTSranger

• =.=
Damn you Marisa. Stupid Blazing Star shaking the screen and make me die at 00 seconds 3 times in a row.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Damn you Marisa. Stupid Blazing Star shaking the screen and make me die at 00 seconds 3 times in a row.

Screen shakes are probably the worst thing one can ever encounter in an STG.

Among the reasons for my deaths at Chen.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
Ugh, Sikieiki. She's a ruiner. Entered the last stage of PoFV normal with Reimu, with 2 lives in stock. Seems pretty feasible I'll beat her right? Nope. On my first life, she took no damage. Second, down to her last, and third, down to her last. Those knives can really wall you in, even on normal. This is probably why I don't touch this game. (maybe I should've used Aya?)
TF2 Backpack

Ugh, Sikieiki. She's a ruiner. Entered the last stage of PoFV normal with Reimu, with 2 lives in stock. Seems pretty feasible I'll beat her right? Nope. On my first life, she took no damage. Second, down to her last, and third, down to her last. Those knives can really wall you in, even on normal. This is probably why I don't touch this game. (maybe I should've used Aya?)
Yeah, I can get incredibly close to beating her, but actually winning is something else.  Medicine makes it easy mode, Aya makes it easy but still acceptable, and anyone else is damn-near impossible to win with.  I kinda want a lunatic clear that isn't Aya/Medicine, but I don't think it's coming anytime soon.

nintendonut888

Besides Medicine and Aya (who are broken but by no means should that stop you), Shikieiki is probably the best character to use. Of course, to do that you have to play far longer than anyone who is not a fan of the game or a masochist would, so... ;^_^

EDIT: Also, while we're talking about rage, I hate everything.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:24:09 AM by nintendonut888 »

Besides Medicine and Aya (who are broken but by no means should that stop you), Shikieiki is probably the best character to use. Of course, to do that you have to play far longer than anyone who is not a fan of the game or a masochist would, so... ;^_^

Yeah, ZUN's logic is kinda backwards. The one character that would make for a reason to play the game is the one that takes the most time to unlock.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
Yeah, ZUN's logic is kinda backwards. The one character that would make for a reason to play the game is the one that takes the most time to unlock.
Kinda like what he did with DS then? To unlock Hatate you must beat Spoiler. So pretty much, beat the game and THEN you can play as her. What's the point of that exactly?
TF2 Backpack

Kinda like what he did with DS then? To unlock Hatate you must beat Spoiler. So pretty much, beat the game and THEN you can play as her. What's the point of that exactly?

Yeah, i dunno. Personally i didn't care about Hatate though so i didn't mind. Also. Couldn't you just beat a set amount of scenes to unlock spoiler and then use her? The game has a plentiful supply of trivial scenes so there shouldn't really be a problem in unlocking her for most people.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
So you can get some satisfaction by quickly plowing through most of the scenes, probably. Thing is, the few that aren't trivialized by Hatate's camera become ridiculously hard. Personally I never understood why Hatate even needs to exist, but that's just me.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
Maybe trying to timeout scarlet destiny wasn't a good idea after all.
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Died on Yuki's (Mystic Square) last phase right before she died - would have otherwise been a perfect fight against her, also died on Shinki's last phase.  Other than that, had a good run, but those were some pretty horrible mistakes.  Was about to submit a score, but I started thinking it was probably a little low for how well it went... And realized I had max starting lives D=.  Ugh.

Round 2 - default lives, horrible run, one of the worst ever.  Death trying to graze on stage 3, 2 deaths on Yuki's bullet spam, one or two stupid deaths on Yumeko, death on the rings before Yumeko (I mean really...), and 2 deaths on Shinki... I think that's all of them!  On the plus side, I captured Shinki's crazy aimed curving lasers in both of those runs, which I can't say I've ever done before... Aside from that though, just awful T_T.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
UFO 90FPS

whyyyyyyy

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Got to Nue in Extra 90FPS

Game overed to first card~

It's more likely that I'll pull off a no death run in Normal Stage 6.

Personally I never understood why Hatate even needs to exist, but that's just me.

Because ZUN had drawn a character and needed her for something. But there did come something good out of it. That Iku spell with the laser stars became pretty hard. Too bad everything else becomes so easy so you can't really call her a hard difficulty. If anything, she has a few funny lines in the translated spellcard comments.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
While doing a random Hard stage 6 practice run, on the second last card I die to the opening bubbles.

Yeah, I somehow died to the opening bubbles.

Then I proceed to do the rest of the card with no death/bomb/broken border, something I've only done once in the past out of the 50 or something runs I had on that card.

What kind of emotion should I be feeling about it?

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
While doing a random Hard stage 6 practice run, on the second last card I die to the opening bubbles.

Yeah, I somehow died to the opening bubbles.

Then I proceed to do the rest of the card with no death/bomb/broken border, something I've only done once in the past out of the 50 or something runs I had on that card.

What kind of emotion should I be feeling about it?
I would feel satisfied. Though it may not have been a capture, it essentially is, if you ignore the bubbles. Be proud! I've capped it only once on hard. (since I don't play lunatic on that game yet because I don't know) ^^;
TF2 Backpack

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
Starting to learn my way around EoSD Extra:

One attempt, game over on Lavatein, 47m
Next attempt, game over on Maze of Love, 44m

What.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance

What.

Lemme guess. On the first run you had full power at the end of Philosopher's Stone, and on the second run you didn't.

What.

Stop trying to score when you're trying to learn the stage. It just gets you killed. Trust me, I know. :V
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
I'm failing to record my success of UFO Stage 6 Normal No Deaths at 90FPS.

The frame rate drops to like 50 FPS whenever I try recording it. D:

I cannot Nue for the life of me... I have no clue how so many people can call UFO the easiest extra.  Ran took a while, but she was my first so that's a given, Mokou was done on my first try since beating Ran, Yukari took me like 2-3 attempts, Gengetsu took 2-3, Alice took 2, Suwako took about 3... Nue?  I get there with 3 lives and the furthest in I've been is the third or fourth card.  Hell, I can do better on Koishi and Flan, and I'm garbage at those two.

More derps?  GFW, every moment of it.  Whenever the bullets get too dense, I start to lose control of my hands and shoot when I mean to freeze, freeze when I need to bomb, or bomb when I mean to shoot.  The brutality is non-ceasing.

Maybe I'll go for a SoEW extra clear.  Can't be any worse than UFO!

EDIT: I take that back.  Sigma is brutal and so is his stage.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:39:04 AM by chirpy13 »

I seem to never 1CC Great Fairy War on...easy.

I don't know why, but the whole gameplay mechanic confuse me everytimes even if I understand it perfectly. :o

But heh, still a very fun game.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Stop trying to score when you're trying to learn the stage. It just gets you killed. Trust me, I know. :V

That's funny, I game over at Laevateinn with 85 million and at Maze of Love with 65.

MaxKnight

• Youkai of the River
  • No, not that River
Oh hey, a Touhou Failure video thread. >_>

I suppose this "I Suck at Touhou" playlist should count quite nicely.  I'm really out of practice so no new videos for a month or two, but I really should try to get back into it...