Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219124 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #450 on: June 21, 2012, 08:45:48 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2wqAFWiZwY&feature=plcp
I no deathed UFO Stage 5
Spoiler:
normal ultra               

UFO ultra is scary but I might be able to get it on hard, depending on what was changed.  SA ultra hard is just moronic.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #451 on: June 21, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21988

Took long enough, but PCB Stage 3 Lunatic finally perfected. Why am I drawn to stages with clippy first boss cards?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #452 on: June 21, 2012, 09:47:02 PM »
PCB Stage 5 Lunatic 3Miss

One to the shitspam at the beginning, one to the shit midboss card and one to the first card, after which I proceeded to perfectly time out the remainder of the card.

Seems perfectly perfect-able. This was actually pretty easy.

Chuckolator

« Reply #453 on: June 21, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
Perfecting Stage 5 is a lost cause, there's no way you're going to?
after which I proceeded to perfectly time out the remainder of the card.
I have faith in you. Keep it up!
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

« Reply #454 on: June 21, 2012, 09:58:51 PM »
Managed another NDNB Aya fight. She's always a tough girl to beat flawlessly so it's always an accomplishment. Especially right on top of a Kanako fight where I died to all but Medoteko and the final non-spell due to 'week long hiatus induced rust'. Excuses.  :V

I have faith in you

So do I. The first spell is pretty nasty but you seem to handle it quite well BT and the spam at the beginning can be trivialized if you learn how to stream it. Good luck.  :D

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #455 on: June 21, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »
Perfecting Stage 5 is a lost cause, there's no way you're going to?I have faith in you. Keep it up!

Never say something is impossible.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Chuckolator

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #457 on: June 21, 2012, 10:13:42 PM »
I just like the whole slowdown mechanic Youmu's fight has. It makes reading the more cluster-like formations really easy, which makes dodging the remaining bullets not that impossible at all.

« Reply #458 on: June 21, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
I just like the whole slowdown mechanic Youmu's fight has. It makes reading the more cluster-like formations really easy, which makes dodging the remaining bullets not that impossible at all.

Then you're gonna love Mushihimesama Futari   :D

« Reply #459 on: June 21, 2012, 10:20:43 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21988

Took long enough, but PCB Stage 3 Lunatic finally perfected. Why am I drawn to stages with clippy first boss cards?
Jesus, congrats. I was grinding that stage for a while trying to perfect it myself but one of Alice's boss spells kept killing me off until I stopped bothering with it. Getting through her very first non-spell and those really tight spells all in one go is quite tough. Nice!

Chuckolator

« Reply #460 on: June 21, 2012, 10:30:39 PM »
Jesus, congrats. I was grinding that stage for a while trying to perfect it myself but one of Alice's boss spells kept killing me off until I stopped bothering with it. Getting through her very first non-spell and those really tight spells all in one go is quite tough. Nice!
Thanks. First nonspell isn't that bad if you go to one of the sides imo, the only nerve wracking one is her last.

And I'd say the dodge right as she was exploding counts as adequately tight. >_>

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #461 on: June 21, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »
Never said something is impossible.
Wha- That is really, really nice. I don't recall you mentioning this itt. Also, why upload only that?

Chuckolator

« Reply #462 on: June 21, 2012, 11:00:51 PM »
Wha- That is really, really nice. I don't recall you mentioning this itt.
I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me.
Also, why upload only that?
My computer can't record to my standards, and my friend who uploaded that only has PCB so he can only record videos from that game. I've already asked him to upload Alice though, and my other perfects whenever he gets the other games.

Youmu's still my best though >_>

nintendonut888

« Reply #463 on: June 21, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »
Koishi perfect, yay. Shame about getting hit on Sanae though...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Chuckolator

« Reply #464 on: June 21, 2012, 11:30:49 PM »
No perfect stage? Do it again Congrats! Extras are always daunting just for the longevity of it, Koishi in particular is nice.

nintendonut888

« Reply #465 on: June 21, 2012, 11:35:28 PM »
No perfect stage? Do it again

Nah, that's old hat for me. :V 'sides, I always cared more about bosses than stages. Thanks though.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #466 on: June 22, 2012, 02:26:46 AM »
Then you're gonna love Mushihimesama Futari   :D

Indeed, but even its easiest mode makes up for the ability to experience slowdown with denser, faster patterns.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Chuckolator

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #468 on: June 22, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
Just got both of Suika's cards in StB.
82/85, just have EX-6, 10-3 and 10-7 to go.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #469 on: June 22, 2012, 03:52:20 PM »
Indeed, but even its easiest mode makes up for the ability to experience slowdown with denser, faster patterns.

The eXceed series does this, too, even though it's far, far easier than Mushihimesama Futari.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #470 on: June 22, 2012, 03:54:46 PM »
Just got both of Suika's cards in StB.
82/85, just have EX-6, 10-3 and 10-7 to go.
83/85: Five Colored Turtles down.
Komachi...why do you have to have the 2 hardest scenes in the game?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #471 on: June 22, 2012, 04:17:54 PM »
I suck at Double Spoiler :ohdear:

All-cleared Stages 1, 2, 3.

Stages
4-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7
5-2, 3, 4, 8
6-2, 5, 7
7-4, 6

And nothing in Stage 8.

:fail:

« Reply #472 on: June 22, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »
After failing an easy question tested the third time in Physics, the exam ends and I perfected Nitori Normal and captured 3 spells of Aya in a stage 4 practice lolwat

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #473 on: June 22, 2012, 04:59:04 PM »
83/85: Five Colored Turtles down.
Komachi...why do you have to have the 2 hardest scenes in the game?
84/85: Ferriage in the Deep Fog capture.
Only 10-7 is keeping me from a StB all clear  :D

Stages
4-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7    Missing: 4-6, understandable.
5-2, 3, 4, 8             Missing: 5-1, 5-5, 5-6, 5-7.  5-1 is easy (and static based on position) 5-6 is easy (with good shot timing), the other 2 are understandable.
6-2, 5, 7                  Missing: lots of things.  6-4 and 6-6 are both relatively easy with either quick shots or defensive shots.
7-4, 6                      Missing: Shou, 7-2.     Scorched Earth Mandela is pretty simple, Hungry Tiger and curvy lasers are not.

And nothing in Stage 8.    Stage 8 is a difficulty spike; 8-3 and 8-5 are the easiest in the stage IMO

Most shots on any scene right there.  (If the image is too large then I can downsize and re-upload, I've tried setting it as a thumbnail as in the spellcard images thread but it didn't work)
Now I never have to play Shoot the BS again because 85/85 scenes cleared!

Attached are some other shot counts-the only other 2 to top 300 and one that a lot of people say is pretty hard.

« Reply #474 on: June 22, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »

Denser? What are you talking about? Go 1cc it already!  :V

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #475 on: June 22, 2012, 05:48:08 PM »
IaMP Lunatic 1CC with Reimu! I'm still not particularly good and I'd get my ass kicked by anyone with so much as a shred of experience, but in the past month I went from being the guy who couldn't even do a Hadouken during his childhood to the guy who could instantaneously perform commands like left -> bottom -> bottom left.

It was the first game to make me throw my chair, and then I threw my matress in the next 5 seconds, but I finally cleared it on the highest difficulty, the first challenging fighting game in my entire life!

Big thanks to Jaimers who doesn't even know because I found an ancient post of his on Google while trying to figure out just how the hell I was supposed to deal with Yukari's penultimate Spellcard. Spellcard spam was the way to go, it seems.

Nonetheless, someone should have told me that you can skip the credits. Pressed a button by accident and the game just skipped them. Not that I haven't seen them twice already, but you're supposed to watch the credits!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #476 on: June 22, 2012, 06:06:08 PM »
Wild Carpet ~ 1 / 2

...Huh.

Zil

« Reply #477 on: June 22, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »
IaMP Lunatic 1CC with Reimu!
Really, I was wondering what ever happened to this. :V