Author Topic: Touhou 3D: Reimu vs Yuyuko  (Read 3721 times)

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Touhou 3D: Reimu vs Yuyuko
« on: January 19, 2014, 12:13:27 PM »
By the creator of Reimu vs Remilia and Marisa vs Flandre, Reimu vs Yuyuko!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Zwrx9a9Lo

Another very impressive vid. Spectacular patterns as expected, although the character models still look slightly off.
Looks like next up is Yukari....

CyberAngel

• Retired
Re: Touhou 3D: Reimu vs Yuyuko
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 01:48:44 PM »
Wow, it's out already? Awesome! I was waiting for this. All spellcards and nonspells recreated nicely, with a few nice touches from fighting games. Time to brush up on Yukari's battle for next time, I guess.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 02:55:32 AM »
I've always imagined that Yuyuko's last card is a survival like in the game, where you can't do anything and just dodge for your life, and that's exactly what he did! Although I expected him to include Marisa or Sakuya, this is very good nonetheless.

And it seems that the next one with Yukari will be a 3vs1. He listened to my(and others) request!

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 08:15:00 AM »
This one, to me, felt a lot more accurate than the EoSD videos, in terms of tone & energy. I don't think the patterns themselves were all that different, but every attack made me feel the exact same way as when I dodge it in PCB, while at the same time not seeming too "game"-y. Maybe Yuyuko's floaty-ness is just easier to portray than the intensity of the Scarlet sisters?

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 12:57:38 PM »
This one, to me, felt a lot more accurate than the EoSD videos, in terms of tone & energy. I don't think the patterns themselves were all that different, but every attack made me feel the exact same way as when I dodge it in PCB, while at the same time not seeming too "game"-y. Maybe Yuyuko's floaty-ness is just easier to portray than the intensity of the Scarlet sisters?

I think I agree. The way this person chose to depict danmaku, it looks easier to portray intricacy than pure forcefulness.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »
I love these kinds of videos! Putting it in full-screen in HD makes quite a view to watch. :)

EndlessBlue

• The Youkai Lingering in the Past
  • The moment you realize no one cares.
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »
What I love about minusT's videos is the boss fights are usually the same length as they are in the game. :]
You should always try your best. Or use my strategy and hug the bottom and pray not to die.